Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here (12655 Views)

What Was Today Service Topic And Scriptural Verse / Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. / Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by lomprico(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2015
tupacshakur:
They engaged in prostitution in Egypt. In their youth, they engaged in prostitution. Their breasts were squeezed there and Lovers fondled their virgin n!pples.

-Ezekiel 23:3

Very funny undecided note that the bible contains words or quotes from God, man and the devil so dont expect every word to be holy holy.
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by xdravy(m): 8:50am On Aug 16, 2015
“HE WHO dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand]. I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust! For [then] He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.

You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day,”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭91:1-3, 5‬ ‭AMP‬‬
http://bible.com/8/psa.91.1-3,5.amp
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by Phrank10001(m): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2015
#Read psalm 24..I had to tatoo d verse on my ryt arm..dats hw much I luv d verse..
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by doinwealth(m): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2015
Psalm 46:1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.(lowolowo Iran lowo)
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by adegeye38(m): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2015
"For God is love"
dont remember d verse again
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by Allegiance(f): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2015
Jer.1:5
Before I formed thee in thy mother's belly I knew thee. I set u apart to be a prophet among nations.
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by 18wheeler: 8:54am On Aug 16, 2015
Sirach 18:18 The gift of a grudging heart makes the eyes dim.
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by TheDauraMallam: 8:54am On Aug 16, 2015
Here

Exodus 35:2

For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 22:20-1
If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.

Exodus 21:20-21
If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Exodus 32:14
Then the Lord relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened.

John 5:31
If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid.
John 8:14
Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid.

Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by timilehing(m): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2015
1 Corinthians 10:13

¹³. There hath no temptation overtaken you except such as is common to man: but our God is a faithful God who will not suffer you beyond that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it

Philippians 3:13-14

¹³. Of course, my brothers and sisters, I really do not think that I have already won it; the one thing I do, however, is to forget what is behind me and do my best to reach what is ahead. ¹⁴. So I run straight towards the goal in order to win the prize, which is God's call through Christ Jesus to the life above.
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by doinwealth(m): 8:57am On Aug 16, 2015
johnnobles:
Thee holy bible is a complete manual for the xtian that have work for different people in accordance to there reading utilisation. All chapters/verses are quite important. Which area of the bible would you consider your favourite...
. Psalm 46:1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:58am On Aug 16, 2015
TheDauraMallam:
Here

Exodus 35:2

For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 22:20-1
If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.

Exodus 21:20-21
If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Exodus 32:14
Then the Lord relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened.

John 5:31
If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid.
John 8:14
Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid.

OLD SCH
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2015
I will lift up mine eyes unto d hills, from whence cometh my help.

My help cometh from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

Psalm 121, 1-2.
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by TheDauraMallam: 9:00am On Aug 16, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

OLD SCH

Your omnipresent omnipotent and omniscient god also writes revised editions?

Wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by colossus2: 9:01am On Aug 16, 2015
James 1:27 Good News Translation (GNT)

27 What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine religion is this: to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world.
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by DavidEsq(m): 9:02am On Aug 16, 2015
Do not be deceived but be of a discerning spirit. *searches frantitally for bible*. *sweating profusely and exasperated* Could smbdy help me with this verse pls embarassedDo not be deceived but be of a discerning spirit. *searches frantitally for bible*. *sweating profusely and exasperated* Could smbdy help me with this verse pls
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by Lasese: 9:07am On Aug 16, 2015
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8. A Time for Everything.

Psalm 23 and 91.
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by Allureia: 9:07am On Aug 16, 2015
1st Corinthians 15 vs 9..
I am least of the apostles and i'm not meet to be called an apostle because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God.. I am what I am.. and his grace that was bestowed upon me was not in vain.

Romans 8 vs 6
To be carnally minded is death but to be spiritually minded is life and peace!

Jeremiah 23 vs 29.. is not my word like a fire and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

Jer 33 vs 3.. call unto me and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not!

I have plenty favourites.. make I stop here joor!
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by YoungWiseCash: 9:10am On Aug 16, 2015
Jer. 1:9
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by Deman05(m): 9:11am On Aug 16, 2015
classicB:
..I dnt really understand what Jesus mean by this saying
Luke 19:27, i quote "but as for these enemies of mine, who did not want ne to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me" I read further to verse 28 and realized it was Jesus talking, no pastor have quote this text bfr
Am confused y will Jesus say such
Tnks

Read from Luke 19:12-27. Jesus Christ was telling them parable
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by psychologist(m): 9:12am On Aug 16, 2015
arttysticfyngaz:

don't be deceived cos the same bible says that faith without works is dead... James 2:26.

therefore believing alone is not good enough to save you. You must act in line with your belief, in acts of holy conduct and deeds of godly devotion.
hmmmm
I can see where you coming from but this a long teaching on its on... Visit www.livingwordmedia.org and be refined
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by femmy2010(m): 9:12am On Aug 16, 2015
John 3-16
For God so love the world that he gave his only son, that who so ever believe in him ........
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by foremanX: 9:13am On Aug 16, 2015
New American Standard Bible (2 Chronicles 2 v 7)
"Now send me a skilled man to work in gold, silver, brass and iron, and in purple, crimson and violet fabrics, and who knows how to make engravings, to work with the skilled men whom I have in Judah and Jerusalem, whom David my father provided.

At Foreman Contractors, there's no shortage skilled men.
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by hensben(m): 9:14am On Aug 16, 2015
Luke 10:27; Love your neighbor as yourself.
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by timilehing(m): 9:15am On Aug 16, 2015
DavidEsq:
Do not be deceived but be of a discerning spirit. *searches frantitally for bible*. *sweating profusely and exasperated* Could smbdy help me with this verse pls embarassedDo not be deceived but be of a discerning spirit. *searches frantitally for bible*. *sweating profusely and exasperated* Could smbdy help me with this verse pls
“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but
test the spirits to see whether they are
from God; because many false prophets
have gone out into the world.” (1John 4:1 )
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:17am On Aug 16, 2015
DavidEsq:

Is it this one?

1 John 4:1-21

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in t he world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. ...
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 16, 2015
Proverbs 22:29
Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by Edifyer: 9:19am On Aug 16, 2015
Ezekiel 18:20: “The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.”

In other word u are responsible for your actions and no one has died for your sins
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:21am On Aug 16, 2015
Mee234:
Proverbs 22:29
Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

grin
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:22am On Aug 16, 2015
Edifyer:
Ezekiel 18:20: “The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.”

In other word u are responsible for your actions and no one has died for your sins

OLD SCH

Another one..........
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by testimonyobaoyin(f): 9:23am On Aug 16, 2015
job 14:14
Re: Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here by optimism91(m): 9:30am On Aug 16, 2015
PSALM 30:7-9

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lets Talk About Wedding/engagement Rings / Tithing: Are You Meant To Eat Your Tithe? (Scriptural discussion) / How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.