Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Who is the Next First Lady? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who is the Next First Lady? (2326 Views)

"How I Will Operate As Nigeria’s First Lady" – Aisha Buhari / Another Bomb Droped By Our Dear First Lady / Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who is the Next First Lady? by senato(m): 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2005
The death of Chief Mrs Stella Obasanjo at least pain many people to the marrow. But I feel people of this will have this same opinion; who will be the next first Lady of Naija since there are so many project embarked upon by office of the first Lady.
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by Odeku(m): 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2005
Good question, But I dont for see one. there is election next year, baba will just rideit out
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by sliq(m): 9:03pm On Oct 24, 2005
dont you think its to early to ask dat question
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by Seun(m): 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2005
Her assistants can continue her projects. Every public officer has an assistant.

And yes, I think it's too early to be asking this question.
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by Dorcas(f): 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2005
Hi good question but don't you think we should mourn her first before we think of who will replace her? cos the way i see it Baba was really hit hard by her death so to think of getting a new first lady now. I don't think it is good idea discussing it now we could discuss this in a few weeks after the shock of this loss dies down a bit at least.

How you see am? just my own view sha.Chao.
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by IAH(f): 3:08pm On Oct 25, 2005
It's Titi Atiku Abubakar. She has always been more showy than the first Lady ever since. She'll be very happy to step in. cheesy
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by elphem(m): 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2005
IAH you said it will be Titi Atiku, does that mean she will leave Atiku and start a new unending war or what do you really mean?
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2005
Well,u all seem 2 forget that baba Iyabo has a whole hoard of wives.Remi will take over of course.
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by Odeku(m): 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2005
you can not have uneducated 1st lady, is she pretty, is she educated, will she fit the profile of a 1st lady, can she handle the pressure. there are so many things to take into consideration before choosing a 1st lady.
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by otokx(m): 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2005
one of the vice president's will do.
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by elphem(m): 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2005
I think this will have to be found out hours after the burial and moreso the president cannot really do without a first lady!!!
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by damygurl(f): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2005
My fingers are crossed on that one but I don't think Titi Abubukar is going to be the nxt first lady though. I'm not sure if her husband is going to sit and let her her take the role.
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by Jakumo(m): 7:38am On Oct 27, 2005
Given the bad blood that exists between OBJ and Vice President Atiku, coupled with the growing rumours of Atiku's involvement in corruption of an epic scale, the chances of the Vice President's wife becoming "First Lady" to the President, her husband's nemesis, are about the same as the odds that my guard dog will show up for duty in a wedding dress and lipstick.
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by hotangel2(f): 8:09am On Oct 27, 2005
Titi Atiku will take over her duties. Not including satisfying BABA ooo.

OBJ will just have to stay single till he carry his nyash commot for ORI OYE! I tot he had other wives. They said he choose stella cos she stood by him when he was in jail. He should choose another one.
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by Odeku(m): 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2005
Jacumo be careful what you wish for, Denise Robman and Ricky Williams wore wedding dress and lipstic. Do we really need a 1st lady now?
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by darlingbas(m): 12:31am On Oct 29, 2005
what does first ladies do? is there any need for a first lady?
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by fabian(f): 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2005
There's not going to be another first lady for OBJ, methinks! What's the point
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by elphem(m): 8:10pm On Nov 02, 2005
Me think OBJ may and may not use another first lady. Stella was his right hand from da start.
no one can play the games like she will do
If he's going to use anybody, the woman will have to undergo induction and that will take time as well as leaving no space for the person who has not been in the system for years.
Also remember 2007 is less than 15 months from now.
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by esiayo(m): 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2005
i know its definitely not going to be mama iyabo
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by pharrod(m): 5:03am On Dec 03, 2005
There were speculations during the week in Abuja that President Olusegun Obasanjo may have scrapped the office of the First Lady which had his late wife, Stella, as the last occupant.

In its stead, according to government sources, the President's first daughter, Iyabo, presently Health Commissioner in Ogun State, may become the 'Presidential chaperon'.

Sources disclosed that following the death of Stella, there were arguments that the President needed a woman by his side to help play the role of hostess. While some people felt he could co-opt one of his wives from whom he is separated into the position, others felt he could rely on a female relation and the arguments favoured Iyabo.

www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=34794 (username/password nairaland/nairaland)
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by feeding(m): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2005
Never mind my aunty will be the next first lady by then i will be on top.

Don't u think so?
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by kenflavor(m): 12:50am On Dec 09, 2005
Methink Iyabo will take over cheesy
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by elphem(m): 7:09pm On Dec 24, 2005
Really I had thought all her projects is bygone but lately there are facts that her son Muyiwa has taken over the chirman position of her initaitive. but the facts remain. Do you think it gonna be alright just as if she was there
Re: Who is the Next First Lady? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2012
It would take Nigeria another three years to get a first lady in turai

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Chinese Prison – Watch Video / Beast Killed At Madonna University! / 2015 Elections: Jonathan’ll Win Re-election, Says Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.