Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 (1971 Views)

CBN Issues Guidelines For China-Nigeria Currency Swap Deal (Pics) / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules / Naira Appreciates As Demand For Dollar Gets Low (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by ifyan(m): 10:07am On Aug 10, 2015
Nigerians be alert as CBN has given directive to all BDC operators not to sell Dollar above N210 to Naira. It was issue last week at the meeting.

So when purchasing Dollar from any BDC or PARALLEL operator, bargain from the above.
Mind you they wouldn’t let you know.Some BDC operators were arrested last week for failing to follow CBN directive concerning price of Dollar

Also there is enough Dollar in the market, don’t be misinformed of shortage of Dollar because CBN have put in place ways to prevent shortage for now.

Remember this is one of the strategies of CBN to prevent Naira depreciation against the Dollar.

Nigerians be informed, be wise.

Source:http://www.nairausd.com/2015/08/nigerians-be-alert-as-cbn-issue.html

Twitter@ https://twitter.com/

Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by chocolateme(f): 10:08am On Aug 10, 2015
Good information..
Anyone going to fight Aboki over exchange rate, Na u know..

2 Likes

Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by Elosky20: 10:09am On Aug 10, 2015
m
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by Bugatie(m): 10:10am On Aug 10, 2015
The way it is, most BDC operators will soon be forced out of business as people won't be having need to source for dollars through the parallel market

1 Like

Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by temitemi1(m): 10:11am On Aug 10, 2015
Noted!
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by ifyan(m): 10:16am On Aug 10, 2015
Bugatie:
The way it is, most BDC operators will soon be forced out of business as people won't be having need to source for dollars through the parallel market

My bro don't be deceive, CBN are trying for them plus most BDC operators are greedy
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by ifyan(m): 10:17am On Aug 10, 2015
@ barcanista
@ lalasticlala
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by Bugatie(m): 10:19am On Aug 10, 2015
ifyan:

My bro don't be deceive, CBN are trying for them plus most BDC operators are greedy

Am not sure you understood what I wrote above
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by delishpot: 10:21am On Aug 10, 2015
Ok. Noted
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by ifyan(m): 10:24am On Aug 10, 2015
Bugatie:

Explain
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by delishpot: 10:24am On Aug 10, 2015
Bugatie:

He is saying they over inflate prices. What they can do is if CBN sells for #1 they can sell for 99 kobo . That way they will still have market to favour people like me grin grin and people like me will patronaise them rather than the bank
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by kennyman2000(m): 10:26am On Aug 10, 2015
Good one. just wondering, how we'll go about the $300 daily online limit... what do you think about that ifyan?
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by ifyan(m): 10:34am On Aug 10, 2015
kennyman2000:
Good one. just wondering, how we'll go about the $300 daily online limit... what do you think about that ifyan?

To be sincere l can't for now because CBN knows the best. Mind you its long term goal.
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by Bugatie(m): 10:35am On Aug 10, 2015
delishpot:

He is saying they over inflate prices. What they can do is if CBN sells for #1 they can sell for 99 kobo . That way they will still have market to favour people like me grin grin and people like me will patronaise them rather than the bank

I get your point,but dollar/Fx based transactions have almost been stamped out by the CBN, what this means is that most companies that would before now requested for dollar payment have reverted to naira.

Even most banks do not accept foreign currencies from domiciliary account holders anymore. With these developments, business will be very low for BDC operators.
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by kennyman2000(m): 10:37am On Aug 10, 2015
ifyan:

To be sincere l can't for now because CBN knows the best. Mind you its long term goal.

Okay.... Am sure, boys will also be working on this right now.. An alternative must come up.
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by delishpot: 10:40am On Aug 10, 2015
Bugatie:

I get your point,but dollar/Fx based transactions have almost been stamped out by the CBN, what this means is that most companies that would before now requested for dollar payment have reverted to naira.

Even most banks do not accept foreign currencies from domiciliary account holders anymore. With these developments, business will be very low for BDC operators.

Now I understand you. As they have stopped recieveing dollars people will stop buying dollara for business purpose. I hope they change that policy soon sha.
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by ifyan(m): 10:53am On Aug 10, 2015
kennyman2000:

Okay.... Am sure, boys will also be working on this right now.. An alternative must come up.

There is something I think we Nigerians fail to understand is when our Gov. fail to perform, we(Nigerians) should pressurize them and not praise,hail or idolize them. When them misbehave then the law should take place, believe me our country go beta
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by ifyan(m): 10:58am On Aug 10, 2015
FP for everyony to be informed
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by ifyan(m): 11:09am On Aug 10, 2015
Nigeria: PH Refinery - Fuel Importation To Crash - Chrome Oil Chairman

http://www.nairausd.com/
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by lalasticlala(m): 11:42am On Aug 10, 2015
ifyan:
FP for everyony to be informed

the twitter link to the cbn is not showing
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by lordtech(m): 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
Wow, that's good news. Let the law be applied to the banks also because their naira to dollar exchange rates r WOW shocked shocked. E.g GT Bank, UBA, ECOBANK, etc.
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by chiboy11(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
Am stil folown dis closely, one ting I kno for sure is dat u can't peg one curency amount to anoder, this is just an economic blunder.price re generated 4rm demand and supply theory, its just like u going to tel garri seller in a market to sell @a price wen dey can sell @anoda price somwre, wil all this work?

1 Like

Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
This is good news

We can not allow what happened to zimbabwean currency to occur in Nigeria.
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by 001ng: 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
I wish it's true.
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by bettercreature(m): 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2015
Bad news for BANKS
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by ifyan(m): 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
lalasticlala:

the twitter link to the cbn is not showing

No,it's directed to NAIRAUSD Twitter account
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by Adesiji77: 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
Really?
Re: CBN Issues Directive For Dollar Not To Be Sold Above N210 by solid3(m): 12:58am On Aug 11, 2015
I'm still following this if it is true or not.

(1) (Reply)

Keke Marwa (tricycle) Investor Needed In Ibadan / I Need A Loan To Expand My Printing Business. / Alata Garden Soap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.