Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily (21605 Views)

What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery / Kaduna Refinery Restarts Production / Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by MrNL(m): 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
cute
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2015
God bless GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by tsdarkside(m): 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
hinwazaka:
The way this Refinery gimmick will blow up in the faces of the APC will not be monotonous. The TAM project was supposed to go hand in hand with a deregulation of the industry- privatisation of the sector leading to sales of the refineries. The refurbishing and maintenance was to raise it to a standard fit for auction. Experts of the oil sector have stated categorically that the refineries can not be sustained publicly in the long run and that they can not meet local demand. Even PMB has dissociated himself from it, but the APC spin machine refuses to let go. Well good luck with it, when things go south, don't do a 360

but..oil is too cheap,to sell it outside...that means more for us....you are forgeting that nigeria is a giant of africa,with its own micro-economic....you make no sense to me....... tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by longayink: 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
Let it be.

But never again can any government of Nigeria waste such huge sums of money to dig oil tunnel of about 1000 kilometres from the oil source in order to establish a refinery elsewhere.

Money spent on digging that tunnel was part of the wastes by northern military regimes that left Nigerians with poverty today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
when talk don dey sweet like this na only to mess remain - ffmmmm grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by tsdarkside(m): 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
longayink:
Let it be.

But never again can any government of Nigeria waste such huge sums of money to dig oil tunnel of about 1000 kilometres from the oil source in order to establish a refinery elsewhere.

Money spent on digging that tunnel was part of the wastes by northern military regimes that left Nigerians with poverty today.

you are right...that was realy a stvpid and selfish idea.......not logical.............

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by ojnnaco(m): 8:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
See money .... At the mention of this amount of money a trader at the Ariaria International Market fit faint
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by margclever: 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:
cool

I have good reasons to thank God for the fact that we got it right by electing President Buhari. God bless Nigeria.

SaTANists are crying while Nigeria is progressing.

Very good riddance. cheesy tongue
ur sycophancy is legendary

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by Kenobus: 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:
cool

I have good reasons to thank God for the fact that we got it right by electing President Buhari. God bless Nigeria.

SaTANists are crying while Nigeria is progressing.

Very good riddance. cheesy tongue
I hope you read the story? In what way is it written about Buhari? GEJ did the work

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by qualityovenbake(m): 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
Wow. That's lot of money, I think I will like the transparency of this government.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by Kenobus: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
Redoil:
I have no hands in the repairing of the refinary - Pa buhari
APC cyber dogs be warn. Stay far away from gej achievement and stop claiming it as boopooharis own
God bless you. The story is very clear. GEJ really worked for Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by imashyguy: 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
Buhari is in charge now
deadZONE:
AND THE $5.33 MILLION
WOULD BE DIRECTED TO
THEIR DEEP POCKETS..
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by agabusta: 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2015
hinwazaka:
The way this Refinery gimmick will blow up in the faces of the APC will not be monotonous. The TAM project was supposed to go hand in hand with a deregulation of the industry- privatisation of the sector leading to sales of the refineries. The refurbishing and maintenance was to raise it to a standard fit for auction. Experts of the oil sector have stated categorically that the refineries can not be sustained publicly in the long run and that they can not meet local demand. Even PMB has dissociated himself from it, but the APC spin machine refuses to let go. Well good luck with it, when things go south, don't do a 360

But we are still on the 'short-run'. Why not cool down to see how things unfold. The first task is to get all the refineries working at optimum capacity while ensuring that corruption in its operations is brought down to the barest minimum. After this has been achieved, then govt can unfold it's mid-term/long-term plan for the refineries.

Why not wish the govt success. It will be to the benefit of the entire nation if they record an astounding success in the mangt of the Petroleum sector.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by hola106(m): 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
Change is here....pa plz help us increase allawee oooo
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by LastProphet: 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
PassingShot:

And we say Jona was scammed big time.

Meaning that the refineries were not as bad as they made us belief while enriching themselves through crude import subsidies.

Only a clueless person is scammed, why are you GEJ followers so daft? I now suspect Jonathan is Lord of daft Nigerians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by Rilwayne001: 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
margclever:
ur sycophancy is legendary
Hehehe grin grin Thank you for the insult.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by longayink: 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
LastProphet:

Only a clueless person is scammed, why are you GEJ followers so daft? I now suspect Jonathan is Lord of daft Nigerians

You no fit understand even common comment in English laced with sarcasm. Must you make a comment?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by agabusta: 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
longayink:
Let it be.

So u don't see it reasonable to have a refinery up North to cater for the needs of the Northern region as regards petroleum products given the size of the country.

And also given that it will provide jobs for people in that area. And recall that there are already 3 refineries in the south.

Why are u people so selfish and callous?
I'm from the South, but with my interactions wt some Southern folks, I can say assuming it is southerners that have been in position of advantage since the creation of Nigeria and has ruled for a longer period of time by fiat, they would have totally subdued the Northerners and de-robe them of every iota of human dignity.

Infact u guys would have impoverish them more and make jest of their poverty and educational status.

Selfishness has even made some of u guys to lack sound reasoning.

There are many countries in the world without vast crude oil resources but who has many productive refineries.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by strongerthaneva(m): 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
Redoil:
APC cyber dogs be warn. Stay far away from gej achievement and stop claiming it as boopooharis own
u dis satanoid baboon na thunder go chop ur mouth..i think u need tobe tortured by the army by drinking gutter water so u go dey sabi use that ur useless mouth wella....ur friends need u in the zoo...Buhari ever best APC always here for change..
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by longayink: 9:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
agabusta:

So u don't see it reasonable to have a refinery up North to cater for the needs of the Northern region as regards petroleum products given the size of the country.

And also given that it will provide jobs for people in that area. And recall that there are already 3 refineries in the south.

Why are u people so selfish and callous?
I'm from the South, but with my interactions wt Southern folks, I can say assuming it is southerners that have been in position of advantage since the creation of Nigeria and has ruled for a longer period of time by fiat, they would have totally subdued the Northerners and de-robe them of every iota of human dignity.

Infact u guys would have impoverish them more and make jest of their poverty and educational status.

Selfishness has even made some of u guys to lack sound reasoning.

There are many countries in the world without vast crude oil resources but who has many productive refineries.

Go back to school and learn common factors that determine the location of industries.

Availability of raw materials or cost of transportation of raw materials to the site of the proposed industry is one - most important.

Sugar, tomatoes, etc., are produced in the north. How many industries related with manufacture with those northern raw materials are located in your south of Nigeria?

You can as well suggest the relocation of present oil wells in the south to north of Nigeria in order to make north rich, in order to demonstrate your south's selflessness.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by bharkarh(m): 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
Redoil:
the only GEJ's achievement i know is "Bokoharam"

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by amazingspiderma: 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
It will also help generate jobs for graduates,through experience and skill transfer. The refinery activities will help restore it's third party partners(contract jobs), canteens and bank activities if operation is sustained and reduce unnecessary cost associated with subsidy payment to transporters.The proximity of energy supply to manufacturers in a place like Kaduna which was an industrial hub of the north will be improved.
In addition it will also help improve availability of raw materials especially petrolchemicals such as paraffin for local manufacturers of candle and vesaline based products and lots more.The gains are enormous and not just in cash estimate.

I pray this is achieved.
God help PMB.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by agabusta: 9:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
longayink:

Go back to school and learn common factors that determine the location of industries.

Sugar, tomatoes, etc., are produced in the north. How many industries related with manufacture with those northern raw materials are located in your south of Nigeria?

You can as well suggest the relocation of present oil wells in the south to north of Nigeria in order to make north rich, in order demonstrate your south's selflessness.

It is u that needs to re-learn, do u think it is only one factor that is considered in siting an industry/factory??

Only one factor?! Only closeness to raw-material?? Cmon! Think outside d box. There are many factors to be considered.

You are right, closeness to raw-material is one of them. But, get this into ur head, it's just one of the factors.

This refinery is not purely and solely a capitalist oriented project. This is where u seem to be getting it wrong. At the long run, the socio-economic advantage that it give Nigeria from its operations, especially the North, will knock off the high cost of bringing raw-materials to it.

Some of u peeps fail to realise that a boat that sinks at one side will eventually sink the whole boat. As much as possible, socio-economic development must be given a spread in the country.

As regards your reference to raw-materials and industries. There are many food processing factories in Ogun and Lag, that relies on supply from the north.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by 989900: 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
longayink:

Availability of raw materials or cost of transportation of raw materials to the site of the proposed industry is one - most important.

You can as well suggest the relocation of present oil wells in the south to north of Nigeria in order to make north rich, in order to demonstrate your south's selflessness.

How would you rather refined products get to the north?
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by hinwazaka: 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
agabusta:

But we are still on the 'short-run'. Why not cool down to see how things unfold. The first task is to get all the refineries working at optimum capacity while ensuring that corruption in its operations is brought down to the barest minimum. After this has been achieved, then govt can unfold it's mid-term/long-term plan for the refineries.

Why not wish the govt success. It will be to the benefit of the entire nation if they record an astounding success in the mangt of the Petroleum sector.
The best developments in government were planned ten years to their launch. We should think in the long run not shortrun
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by erico2k2(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
agabusta:

It is u that needs to re-learn, do u think it is only one factor that is considered in siting an industry/factory??

Only one factor?! Only closeness to raw-material?? Cmon! Think outside d box. There are many factors to be considered.

You are right, closeness to raw-material is one of them. But, get this into ur head, it's just one of the factors.

This refinery is not purely and solely a capitalist oriented project. This is where u seem to be getting it wrong. At the long run, the socio-economic advantage that it give Nigeria from its operations, especially the North, will knock off the high cost of bringing raw-materials to it.

Some of u peeps fail to realise that a boat that sinks at one side will eventually sink the whole boat. As much as possible, socio-economic development must be given a spread in the country.

As regards your reference to raw-materials and industries. There are many food processing factories in Ogun and Lag, that relies on supply from the north.
I think you are missing the point here, waht that guy said was right, there was no clear economical gains to a refinery to be sited in the North.The pry function of that refinery should be cracking not fractional distillation.Take the UK as case sturdy they have 13 refineries, non in London, why do you think they never built any refinery in London?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by agabusta: 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
hinwazaka:

The best developments in government were planned ten years to their launch. We should think in the long run not shortrun

I agree with u. But u can't jump from start to the 'long-run'. Lol

Before getting to that 'long-run', one will go through the 'short-run' and 'mid-run'. smiley

That was why I said everything is still in order. Because these are the things that are supposed to be on ground before moving to the mid/long term plans.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by erico2k2(m): 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
989900:

How would you rather refined products get to the north?
Pipe line should be made to transfer product there, there is such word as deport and tank farms.The thing is when it comes to crude everybody thinks they are entitled to it,to be hones people in the south realy wish it never existed except for the few who cling to large chunk of its benefits to their selfish banks accounts.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by agabusta: 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2015
erico2k2:

I think you are missing the point here, waht that guy said was right, there was no clear economical gains to a refinery to be sited in the North.The pry function of that refinery should be cracking not fractional distillation.Take the UK as case sturdy they have 13 refineries, non in London, why do you think they never built any refinery in London?

It is u that is missing the point. How can u say there is no clear economic gain in siting a refinery in the North? Well u have said it that the economic gain is not clear to u anyways.

So u want the entire North as vast as that to rely solely on transportation of products by tankers and pipes? And for your information, the Kaduna refinery is also designed to be able to refine other crude types different from only that of Nigeria.

So because London does not have a refinery now means a refinery in Kaduna is an error? That is an unreasonable analogy. What similarities does Kaduna and London have? Lagos get refinery?
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by hinwazaka: 9:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
agabusta:

I agree with u. But u can't jump from start to the 'long-run'. Lol

Before getting to that 'long-run', one will go through the 'short-run' and 'mid-run'. smiley

That was why I said everything is still in order. Because these are the things that are supposed to be on ground before moving to the mid/long term plans.
You probably have forgotten the economics you learnt in high school. Both the short and long run are planned together and depend on the variables(endogenous & exogenous) and the model in question. A model like this should focus more on the long run
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by 989900: 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
erico2k2:

Pipe line should be made to transfer product there, there is such word as deport and tank farms.The thing is when it comes to crude everybody thinks they are entitled to it,to be hones people in the south realy wish it never existed except for the few who cling to large chunk of its benefits to their selfish banks accounts.

LoL . . . exactly what I expected . . . so you'd rather transport refined products via pipelines up North to over 12 states from PH or Warri, rather than transport crude to one refinery for further distribution, which is by far safer in all ramifications?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by erico2k2(m): 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
agabusta:

It is u that is missing the point. How can u say there is no clear economic gain in siting a refinery in the North? Well u have said it that the economic gain is not clear to u anyways.

So u want the entire North as vast as that to rely solely on transportation of products by tankers and pipes? And for your information, the Kaduna refinery is also designed to be able to refine other crude types different from only that of Nigeria.

So because London does not have a refinery now means a refinery in Kaduna is an error? That is an unreasonable analogy. What similarities does Kaduna and London have? Lagos get refinery?
London is one of D most busiest city in the world, it has 3x the amount of petrol need than the whole of Nigeria, do you know the daily petrol and diesel consumption per day of petrol there?Now lets get back to the basics,do you know how much it cost to pump crude up north?have you checked teh cost of building these flow stations that pressurize the crude into these trunk main lines?Ask anyone in the Energy field don't just take my word for it ask very well they will tell you refining of any product is cost effective when close to source, its a basic principle of mining or extraction of any sort minerals from mother earth.lets go into the American experience, why did they leave the vast amount of oil reserves until just now answer, the source was far from the refinery so it would have been less cost effective for them to extract crude, the product would be more expensive so THEY IMPORTED CRUDE Instead.Now they manage to make the refineries close to source via means of fracking alas the began extraction.I think Nigerians put too much emphasis on tribalism and regions of belonging we forget the issue of saving cost.When you spend money to transfer crude up North, the cost of production up there would be more than the refineries in the south now in a free market do you think the true cost of petrol will be same in teh north and in the south, wont the only way to make the final cost same be introducing subsidy? would that not be back to square one? and if they decide to sell of the refineries who in their right mind would want to buy it? cos the pry production cost would be extremely high.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Okays Independent Candidature For Elections / Simple Agenda: Ize-Iyamu Plagiarising My Intellectual Property ― Pedro Obaseki / Buhari Condemns Boko Haram Killings, Urges Military To Sustain Attacks On Terror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.