Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,679 members, 7,831,106 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily (21611 Views)

What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery / Kaduna Refinery Restarts Production / Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by erico2k2(m): 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
989900:

LoL . . . exactly what I expected . . . so you'd rather transport refined products via pipelines up North to over 12 states from PH or Warri, rather than transport crude to one refinery for further distribution, which is by far safer in all ramifications?
yes, the main products needed to the man on the street is petrol,kerosine and Diesel.take away any sense of tribalism, how do you think Lagos will get their petrol, Ogun,Ondo, cos from last I checked, they had no refineries.I think the tank farms would be a good Idea, its what the westerners use to save cost.even in Europe the Russians piped gas and other products to diff countries

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by VolturiLord: 10:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
Redoil:
I have no hands in the repairing of the refinary - Pa buhari
APC cyber dogs be warn. Stay far away from gej achievement and stop claiming it as boopooharis own

See, let's stop deceiving ourselves. Goodluck Jonathan was in power for 6 good years, during which the country was crap. And it was because of the crappy state of the Nation we vote him out. Now, we have a new president and things are getting better. At least I can buy fish and put in my fridge with having to boil it first and you still wanna ascribe this things to GEJ?

If he was really the one that worked on the refineries and worked on power and all the others things, how come he couldn't do it in time to save his own skin and presidential seat.

Abeg brother.... think about this logically. Personally I don't feel the need to shout "Sai Baba" anytime I see things like this. I just bask in the fact that things are finally looking up and pray they get even better.

This is getting very annoying. Anything mildly political on NL is immediately pounced upon by camps trying to give accolades to this or that past or present president. It's high time we grow up folks.

Things are looking up, enjoy it...... don't be stuck in a quagmire of self righteous ridiculousness.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by erico2k2(m): 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
VolturiLord:

See, let's stop deceiving ourselves. Goodluck Jonathan was in power for 6 good years, during which the country was crap. And it was because of the crappy state of the Nation we vote him out. Now, we have a new president and things are getting better. At least I can buy fish and put in my fridge with having to boil it first and you still wanna ascribe this things to GEJ?

If he was really the one that worked on the refineries and worked on power and all the others things, how come he couldn't do it in time to save his own skin and presidential seat.

Abeg brother.... think about this logically. Personally I don't feel the need to shout "Sai Baba" anytime I see things like this. I just bask in the fact that things are finally looking up and pray they get even better.

This is getting very annoying. Anything mildly political on NL is immediately pounced upon by camps trying to give accolades to this or that past or present president. It's high time we grow up folks.

Things are looking up, enjoy it...... don't be stuck in a quagmire of self righteous ridiculousness.
I agree with you to some xtent but lets be honest, where were we with power during the OBJ era 8 years lest we 4get,so would this be a thing of the party or the person, to me I would say it was the party rather teh person cos if PMB came under PDP he would have lost the election still cos people where tired of PDP don't you agree?
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by bashsani(m): 10:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
deadZONE:
AND THE $5.33 MILLION
WOULD BE DIRECTED TO
THEIR DEEP POCKETS..
which regime u dey?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by VolturiLord: 10:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
erico2k2:

I agree with you to some xtent but lets be honest, where were we with power during the OBJ era 8 years lest we 4get,so would this be a thing of the party or the person, to me I would say it was the party rather teh person cos if PMB came under PDP he would have lost the election still cos people where tired of PDP don't you agree?

Let's get something straight. Nigerians didn't vote for APC per se. Or rather lemme not be too quick to generalise. I personally didn't support the APC party, because truth being told, it's full of people who simply jumped overboard from a doomed and sinking ship to one under full sail. We supported a beacon on integrity in the midst of blatant greed and sanctioned corruption. We supported somebody that we could say would not fall prey to manipulations and pressure. Someone who could rise above it all and maybe deliver the promises made during the campaigns. The integrity of PMB bolstered APC's presidential aspirations. So I would definitely say this is a thing of the person (Buhari) and not the party.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by yommen: 10:58pm On Aug 10, 2015
deadZONE:
AND THE $5.33 MILLION WOULD BE DIRECTED TO THEIR DEEP POCKETS..
That's the way it used to be! But not anymore.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by erico2k2(m): 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
VolturiLord:

Let's get something straight. Nigerians didn't vote for APC per se. Or rather lemme not be too quick to generalise. I personally didn't support the APC party, because truth being told, it's full of people who simply jumped overboard from a doomed and sinking ship to one under full sail. We supported a beacon on integrity in the midst of blatant greed and sanctioned corruption. We supported somebody that we could say would not fall prey to manipulations and pressure. Someone who could rise above it all and maybe deliver the promises made during the campaigns. The integrity of PMB bolstered APC's presidential aspirations. So I would definitely say this is a thing of the person (Buhari) and not the party.
I wil take your word with a pinch of salt, reason sited would be *Like you I wont generalize, Nigerians do vote on tribal and regional basis.If i go by waht you are saying then we should hold PMB to account in service delivery as per election campaign and promises.now haven said that, how long do you think would be too long on him to deliver on his promise of =N=5000 for undergraduates without jobs?would the degree which you hold him in high integrity decrease?
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by Youngzedd(m): 11:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
IbnSultaan:
$5.33 million daily

We all should be thankful to the creator, because the said amount would have entered some group of persons account if GEJ is still there.

Sai PMB
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by herald9: 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
The Nigerian government was so wise that they built a refinery at where oil is not produced.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by bashsani(m): 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2015
longayink:

Go back to school and learn common factors that determine the location of industries.

Availability of raw materials or cost of transportation of raw materials to the site of the proposed industry is one - most important.

Sugar, tomatoes, etc., are produced in the north. How many industries related with manufacture with those northern raw materials are located in your south of Nigeria?

You can as well suggest the relocation of present oil wells in the south to north of Nigeria in order to make north rich, in order to demonstrate your south's selflessness.
even in vast knowledge of economics u don't know cost of transportation

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by pharmagba: 11:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
deadZONE:
AND THE $5.33 MILLION
WOULD BE DIRECTED TO
THEIR DEEP POCKETS..
No sir, you are mistaken.
There had been a CHANGE of government in Nigeria, GEJ is no longer president. The new man is PMB and money don't creep carelessly into individual pocket like before. If that happens now it is termed stealing and there are consequences. STEALING IS NOW CORRUPTION

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by Nigel1: 11:41pm On Aug 10, 2015
Dear Nlanders,

The FEDP Forum is an initiative that envisions the collaboration of engineers (Oil, Gas, Power, Systems) around the world for the sole purpose of sharing industry/field-based challenges and problems as well as innovative ideas and solutions to both our national and global problems. 

Side attractions include weekly quizzes that aim to sharpen the knowledge and skills of all forum members. First correct set of answers received weekly is rewarded with the cash prize of the week as advertised on the Forum's home page. 

A platform for healthy and productive debates on topics across all spheres and disciplines is also provided.

For more information, please visit the FEDP Forum - http://fedpforum.epcmengineers.com.

TWITTER: FEDPForum

FACEBOOK: FEDP Forum

Regards,

Nigel K.

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by 989900: 11:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
erico2k2:

yes, the main products needed to the man on the street is petrol,kerosine and Diesel.take away any sense of tribalism, how do you think Lagos will get their petrol, Ogun,Ondo, cos from last I checked, they had no refineries.I think the tank farms would be a good Idea, its what the westerners use to save cost.even in Europe the Russians piped gas and other products to diff countries

Sagamu and Ibadan depots serve most western states, would you compare Sagamu to Warri (roughly 100km) vs say Warri to Katsina (roughly 1000km)?

Have you factored in pipeline vandalism with refined products easier to sell of at any point between say PH and Kaduna vs trying to tap crude at say Kogi/Abuja and selling it off/transporting the crude back to the Atlantic for sale?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by babestella: 11:57pm On Aug 10, 2015
Please Nigerians should start counting the days o, $5.33 million dollars daily. Ok, I hope you all will ask them (APC) for the proof of saved $533 million dollars after 100 days of operation.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by ibntwk: 12:04am On Aug 11, 2015
Redoil:
I have no hands in the repairing of the refinary - Pa buhari
APC cyber dogs be warn. Stay far away from gej achievement and stop claiming it as boopooharis own
what an utterance. Who is d c-in-c.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by erico2k2(m): 12:10am On Aug 11, 2015
989900:

Sagamu and Ibadan depots serve most western states, would you compare Sagamu to Warri (roughly 100km) vs say Warri to Katsina (roughly 1000km)?

Have you factored in pipeline vandalism with refined products easier to sell of at any point between say PH and Kaduna vs trying to tap crude at say Kogi/Abuja and selling it off/transporting the crude back to the Atlantic for sale?
Ok I take it you aint from teh Delta hence you don't know, selling off of crude is far more profitable these days as people now have refineries in their back garden, you really think they need to go to the high seas?do you know what the term BLACK OIL means? ask guys who are into tanker movement that you will be chocked.stealing of petrol is more difficult than stealing of crude ,if you k now about crude oil flow lines you will realize these vandals target the pre flow stations not after,you canot temper the main trunk line with the aim of stealing crude,the pressure after the flow station is what you cannot comprehend,you will die on i mpact..Anyways in other news with al this initial gra gra how much are we going to save if the Ph and warri Refineries start operations in full? no one is saying anything about that yet are they?
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by nijanigga: 1:36am On Aug 11, 2015
anulaxad:

You do realise Muhammadu Buhari was the one who built all those refineries. Have you read the analytical write-ups of some nairalanders.

GMB'S presence alone has had an enormous impact on all the major sectors of our country; oil,electricity,justice e.g

God bless Nigeria

They're a bigots and ignorant like their ogogoro master.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by PassingShot(m): 1:43am On Aug 11, 2015
LastProphet:

Only a clueless person is scammed, why are you GEJ followers so daft? I now suspect Jonathan is Lord of daft Nigerians
Who is GEJ follower?

You can call me a Buharist if you like.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by VolturiLord: 2:22am On Aug 11, 2015
erico2k2:

I wil take your word with a pinch of salt, reason sited would be *Like you I wont generalize, Nigerians do vote on tribal and regional basis.If i go by waht you are saying then we should hold PMB to account in service delivery as per election campaign and promises.now haven said that, how long do you think would be too long on him to deliver on his promise of =N=5000 for undergraduates without jobs?would the degree which you hold him in high integrity decrease?

We should definitely hold him to account on all his campaign promises, in all ramifications. I would however bring to your notice something of great importance to this discussion. Take the N5000 for unemployed graduates you mentioned. PMB was serious about it enough to actively outline ways in which he means to generate income to fulfill said promise. Some of which are; reduction in government spending, waste and a total clamp down on corruption. All of which I'm sure we can all attest that he is earnestly working on. Please bear in mind that he has only held power for less than a 100 days. Let him generate the income, and then, he will fulfil his promises, from the looks of things, I'm very sure of this.

PS: I see your point, Nigerians also vote on ethnic and religious basis. Said reasons that made me reluctant to generalise earlier on. I guess I should reprase and say "informed, enlightened and open-minded Nigerians voted him in on the basis of his integrity ".
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by akigbemaru: 3:13am On Aug 11, 2015
lara and oshimole
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by cutekhalifa(m): 4:16am On Aug 11, 2015
grin That Guy with oblong HEAD, who is He? Is He baba malguide
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by erico2k2(m): 4:52am On Aug 11, 2015
nijanigga:

They're a bigots and ignorant like their ogogoro master.
I think either you and anulaxad are kids of the 80s or are rather ignorant or blinded by ethnic bigotry,Im from the Niger Delta and know my history very well,PMB built no refinaries, where do you guys get this rubish from? election has come and gone here you are still baking in the lies politicians flungged to you grin grin this is taking it Hook n Sinker grin grin grin
igerian first Refinery, Port Harcourt Refinery located at Alesa Eleme, was built by Shell Petroleum and British Petroleum from 1963 to 1965. The company operates two oil refineries including an old plant commissioned in 1965 that can process 60,000 barrels of oil per stream day and the new plant commissioned in 1989, which has a capacity of 150,000 bpsd.

Buhari Joined the army as a recruit in 1962 and for sure will not have built this Refinery.

The Warri Refinery was awarded by Yakubu Gowon to Snamprogetti Spa Milan, Italy in 1975 (in this period, Buhari was the governor of North-eastern state) at the cost of $478 million and commenced operation in 1978 (now few months as Petroleum Minister). It had the design capacity of 100,000 b/d.
The Kaduna Refinery was awarded by Murtala Mohammed in 1976 and was built by Chiyoda Engineering and Construction Company – a Japanese firm, at the cost of $525 million and was completed by Obasanjo in 1979 (Buhari’s tenure as the Petroleum. Minister ended in 1978).
It had two refining streams (50,000 b/d fuels units) and (50,000 b/d lubes, waxes Asphalt plants).
Port Harcourt 11 as we mentioned above was awarded by Gen IBB in 1985 with an installed capacity of 150,000 b/d and completed in 1989.
Meanwhile in 1985, IBB undertook an expansion of the capacities of the fuels units in both Warri and Kaduna refineries to 125,000b/d and 110,000b/d respectively. He therefore added 185,000b/d capacity to the total 445,000b/d as at 1989. No further addition has been added till date.
So, when did Buhari build the four refineries?
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by cehnigeria: 8:08am On Aug 11, 2015
Kudos to GEJ. He is not totally bad after all. Project management articles available @www.cehnigeria.com
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by matrixme(m): 8:11am On Aug 11, 2015
How exactly is it that we produce crude oil from the coast and pass pipelines millions of kilometres underground to the north and claim that as a success? In the days of Boko haram, what does the north have to do with refining petroleum products when the pipes can easily be hijacked by the evil does? I wont be surprised if we have to deal with cases of oil spillage in the North someday. Economic planners in Nigeria are truly brainless
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by 989900: 8:33am On Aug 11, 2015
erico2k2:

Ok I take it you aint from teh Delta hence you don't know, selling off of crude is far more profitable these days as people now have refineries in their back garden, you really think they need to go to the high seas?do you know what the term BLACK OIL means? ask guys who are into tanker movement that you will be chocked.stealing of petrol is more difficult than stealing of crude ,if you k now about crude oil flow lines you will realize these vandals target the pre flow stations not after,you canot temper the main trunk line with the aim of stealing crude,the pressure after the flow station is what you cannot comprehend,you will die on i mpact..Anyways in other news with al this initial gra gra how much are we going to save if the Ph and warri Refineries start operations in full? no one is saying anything about that yet are they?

That works for the 'small-timer's.

OTOH, it's 100 times easier to transport say DPK for example, over a 100km journey from any point X to Y, than it is to transport crude; easier to sell by far too . . . you know that right?

About the refineries, KD refinery @90% would save the country $5.33m(N1b)/day I think roughly same goes for Warri . . . PH 1&2 could save more. All in all, with relatively stable electricity, our imports could be reduced by as much as 75% actually more if bunkering (Cotonou and others) are checked.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by tbadejo25: 10:00am On Aug 11, 2015
Not going to rejoice till we can feel the effects of this. Speculation will just bring about false hope.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by erico2k2(m): 10:14am On Aug 11, 2015
989900:

That works for the 'small-timer's.

OTOH, it's 100 times easier to transport say DPK for example, over a 100km journey from any point X to Y, than it is to transport crude; easier to sell by far too . . . you know that right?

About the refineries, KD refinery @90% would save the country $5.33m(N1b)/day I think roughly same goes for Warri . . . PH 1&2 could save more. All in all, with relatively stable electricity, our imports could be reduced by as much as 75% actually more if bunkering (Cotonou and others) are checked.

Lets be honest, you seriously think noone in the north would think of just pumping th Oil into tankers accross our porus borders to sell abroad eh? especialy when %70 of the wells are owned by them the Northernerse?, i n another news, which have most environmental effect when spill occurs petrol or crude?I know about the saving eversiged but thats optimistic and a mare speculation,its on paper in reality it might not be the case cos all is not perffect in Nigeria we are not matured to plan for a pefect 2morrows outcome yet.About the Electricity we all know the problem but some groups are bent on sabotaging it.the previous govt built power station let the gas flow in.No one can steal gas but the pipe line is being vandalized by we know who.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by jpphilips(m): 11:01am On Aug 13, 2015
herald9:
The Nigerian government was so wise that they built a refinery at where oil is not produced.

Why don't you educate yourself first on what the decision was based on before exposing your ignorance.
How much oil does india produce to house the biggest refinery in the world.
herald9:

Why don't you educate yourself first on what the decision was based on before exposing your ignorance.
herald9:

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by jpphilips(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2015
herald9:

Illiterates masquerading the whole of Nigeria's internet space. you couldn't do a little research to find out why let alone asking politely to be educated, the so called adult that we expect to be leaders of tomorrow, oozing emptiness to an astronomical height.
Some of you deserve to have your freedom of speech expressly withdrawn.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by jpphilips(m): 11:31am On Aug 13, 2015
erico2k2:

I think either you and anulaxad are kids of the 80s or are rather ignorant or blinded by ethnic bigotry,Im from the Niger Delta and know my history very well,PMB built no refinaries, where do you guys get this rubish from? election has come and gone here you are still baking in the lies politicians flungged to you grin grin this is taking it Hook n Sinker grin grin grin
igerian first Refinery, Port Harcourt Refinery located at Alesa Eleme, was built by Shell Petroleum and British Petroleum from 1963 to 1965. The company operates two oil refineries including an old plant commissioned in 1965 that can process 60,000 barrels of oil per stream day and the new plant commissioned in 1989, which has a capacity of 150,000 bpsd.

Buhari Joined the army as a recruit in 1962 and for sure will not have built this Refinery.

The Warri Refinery was awarded by Yakubu Gowon to Snamprogetti Spa Milan, Italy in 1975 (in this period, Buhari was the governor of North-eastern state) at the cost of $478 million and commenced operation in 1978 (now few months as Petroleum Minister). It had the design capacity of 100,000 b/d.
The Kaduna Refinery was awarded by Murtala Mohammed in 1976 and was built by Chiyoda Engineering and Construction Company – a Japanese firm, at the cost of $525 million and was completed by Obasanjo in 1979 (Buhari’s tenure as the Petroleum. Minister ended in 1978).
It had two refining streams (50,000 b/d fuels units) and (50,000 b/d lubes, waxes Asphalt plants).
Port Harcourt 11 as we mentioned above was awarded by Gen IBB in 1985 with an installed capacity of 150,000 b/d and completed in 1989.
Meanwhile in 1985, IBB undertook an expansion of the capacities of the fuels units in both Warri and Kaduna refineries to 125,000b/d and 110,000b/d respectively. He therefore added 185,000b/d capacity to the total 445,000b/d as at 1989. No further addition has been added till date.
So, when did Buhari build the four refineries?

I won't say buhari built Nigeria's all four refineries, the truth is that he built only Warri refineries, according to OBJ, the award of the contract led the contractor to do procurement alone for 1yr without building anything, Buhari was appointed petroleum commissioner who oversaw the completion of that project.
Some People would have been the Minister yet embezzle the funds so yes, Buhari delivered Warri refinery.
How many ministers of health did it take before UNTH relocated to their permanent site? but when one does it you won't give him the credit?
How long has the proposal to move NAUTH to its permanent site been in the works, how many Ministers of health has long passed?

So a man who brought sincerity of purpose where others failed should be given some credit.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by jpphilips(m): 11:56am On Aug 13, 2015
matrixme:
How exactly is it that we produce crude oil from the coast and pass pipelines millions of kilometres underground to the north and claim that as a success? In the days of Boko haram, what does the north have to do with refining petroleum products when the pipes can easily be hijacked by the evil does? I wont be surprised if we have to deal with cases of oil spillage in the North someday. Economic planners in Nigeria are truly brainless

Kaduna refinery was not designed to refine light crude (in lay man's terms) produced in the delta at the onset, the Kaduna refinery was serving the purpose of supplying refined products to the north and also a national contingency programme.
The oil refined in Kaduna was imported at the time, it was done in a way that if there is trouble in the delta that no oil can come out from there, Kaduna will hold the fort with imported crude as an emergency response.

It was recently when heavy crude(in layman's terms) became expensive and the refineries in the south collapsed, that the idea was jettisoned and the refinery was remodelled to crack light crude. That was the ingenuity of our heroes past, when our leaders used to think.
There was no ethnic motive whatsoever, it was based strictly on national interest.

In my opinion, do you guys have any idea how much it will cost to run a pipeline from the south to the north and the risk of transporting refined products against crude, let me give you a few examples;

The Transborder keystone pipeline will span a distance of 1,897km at a cost of $7b, if you factor in inflation terms that sum at the time Kaduna refinery was built would be nearly $4b, meanwhile Kaduna refinery cost around $500m.

So it is cheaper to build a refinery than transporting over a long distance, the money for the pipelines alone will get us about 6 more refineries.
The refinery will create more direct and indirect jobs more that a massive pipeline project of that nature, so it makes perfect economic sense to have a refinery in Kaduna, than transporting refined products over a long distance.
Our leaders past (Economic planners like you put it) were not brainless you are.

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily by matrixme(m): 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
jpphilips:

Kaduna refinery was not designed to refine light crude (in lay man's terms) produced in the delta at the onset, the Kaduna refinery was serving the purpose of supplying refined products to the north and also a national contingency programme.
The oil refined in Kaduna was imported at the time, it was done in a way that if there is trouble in the delta that no oil can come out from there, Kaduna will hold the fort with imported crude as an emergency response.

It was recently when heavy crude(in layman's terms) became expensive and the refineries in the south collapsed, that the idea was jettisoned and the refinery was remodelled to crack light crude. That was the ingenuity of our heroes past, when our leaders used to think.
There was no ethnic motive whatsoever, it was based strictly on national interest.

In my opinion, do you guys have any idea how much it will cost to run a pipeline from the south to the north and the risk of transporting refined products against crude, let me give you a few examples;

The Transborder keystone pipeline will span a distance of 1,897km at a cost of $7b, if you factor in inflation terms that sum at the time Kaduna refinery was built would be nearly $4b, meanwhile Kaduna refinery cost around $500m.

So it is cheaper to build a refinery than transporting over a long distance, the money for the pipelines alone will get us about 6 more refineries.
The refinery will create more direct and indirect jobs more that a massive pipeline project of that nature, so it makes perfect economic sense to have a refinery in Kaduna, than transporting refined products over a long distance.
Our leaders past (Economic planners like you put it) were not brainless you are.

From your personal message below, it shows you are a mere Northern elite apologist. I must tell you that you have not made yourself quite convincing enough with your cosmetic explanation.
Rather than build Agro-allied and food processing industries to maximize your strong points and create the much needed local employment where it is much needed, you had to get your zone involved in the miry business. Let us see how much intelligent the planners are in these days of shale oil, falling oil prices and green energy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Petroleum: Aradel Holdings Modular Refinery Ready For Operation Soon / APC Chieftain, 7000 Members Defect To PDP In Yobe / Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.