Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Common Dating Sense For Singles!!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Common Dating Sense For Singles!!!! (839 Views)

Name One Nairalander Wey Sense For Fall On Am.. / Talk Sense Into My Head Plssss... / Advice For Singles Planning To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Dating Sense For Singles!!!! by snopzy(m): 11:42am On Aug 10, 2015
My dear sister, this brother has been hanging around you for a long time. He is nice, no doubt. But hasn't said anything. But you dont mind. Atleast he is there. The truth of the matter is, when a man is serious, he would make his intentions known. But No. You want to give him time. And you don't want to ask him, so you don't drive him away. You keep hoping against hope. Are you Abraham?
You better ask him what his mission is. if he is stammering about it, then show him a nice red card. Even God, when people are neither hot nor cold, he spews them out.
I may be writing these things in a funny manner. But I tell you, these things have caused many pain in our churches.
so sister, the ball is in ya court o...
If not, na for him blackberry profile you go see him wedding invitation with another sister. My dear sister, you know you don't want to marry that brother. However you don't want him to go. You want him to hang around until Mr RIGHT shows up. Meanwhile you know his intentions are genuine o. In fact he has even made them clear. But no, your eye is on another brother you hope will come by, and in reality this brother has no intentions of coming by. But in the interim, you keep receiving gifts and attention from the serious brother.
What you don't understand is that time is going. And what yorubas call OJUKOKORO (greed) is your problem. And if you are not careful, you will lose both ends. And then turn out to ask,"Lord, but why?"
Continue o.....
My dear brother, I know you did not propose to the sister. But you were calling her every 10 - 10mins. Checking up on her from time to time. In fact you send her a word for the day, everyday.
Listen to her when she has things to share and give her godly counsel. In fact, you pray her to bed everyday. Chatting over social media and having late night calls.
You even pick her up and drop her off when she needs a ride. And send gifts from time to time. But in fairness to you, you have not said anything. At least not anything serious.
Then you hear from a friend that the sister has said that some friends pray for both of you as "The Lord" is doing something.
Then you get upset... " what is wrong with sister A, can't someone be friendly anymore, what's wrong with all these sisters sef. Can't someone be a brother in christ again. How could she say that? I've never said anything about marriage or a relationship to her"
Na true..... when you were playing assistant Holy Ghost you didn't know abi ? For don't you know that actions speak louder that words?
My dear, ignorance is not an excuse. Stop leading them on. Read Proverbs 1:1-2. There is something a young man must have. And it's called discretion. You must know where to draw the line, and when you are crossing it.
Just say I'M SORRY. finish.
Someone asked a very good question, "So where and when do we know to draw the line.
On the other hand , it is not a very good question, because as Christians, filled with the Holy Ghost, we are alerted when we begin to cross boundaries. The Holy Spirit does a great job of convicting us when we sin. Except his ministry has been stifled in the life of the believe. Then they get so insensitive to his promptings.
And if the "Assistant holy ghost" brothers are sincere, they'll admit they had this alarm inside going off when lines where crossed. And talking about "assistant holy ghost", there can be two categories of such brothers. The ignorant and naive ones, who are sincerely wrong, and the deliberate class, who know exactly what they are doing.
Most brothers, have at one time or the other fallen into group one. Until you begin to hear from friends, and have them tease you about the sister, you then realize how far you have gone.
However, the ones that know exactly what they are doing, knowing sister is already loving up, and still go ahead to satisfy their flesh by giving and receiving attention are the main culprits. Even though, both are still guilty.
I would say, be sensitive to the promptings of the Spirit. Sometimes you just stop. Or be nice with moderation. The idea of giving a particular sister a word a day, everyday is not your place. You are not "open heavens devotional"
Then there is this thing brothers do nowadays. Putting up a sister's picture on their dp, and writing sweet things by the side. When is not even her birthday or something.Womenare wired differently. To you, that's nothing but to her, especially when you start doing so frequently, she has started imagining her wedding cake, with you by the side.
Worst of all is when they are seen attending public functions together, and sometimes having colour schemes and in extreme cases dress alike. Haba! Una don marry be that naaa.... And you dey argue
Re: Common Dating Sense For Singles!!!! by oppybouy(m): 11:43am On Aug 10, 2015
Re: Common Dating Sense For Singles!!!! by IamLEGEND1: 11:48am On Aug 10, 2015
na u know

1 Like

Re: Common Dating Sense For Singles!!!! by marshalcarter: 11:51am On Aug 10, 2015
cry bunch of words with no meanin
Re: Common Dating Sense For Singles!!!! by Jhenny(f): 12:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
ok
Re: Common Dating Sense For Singles!!!! by snopzy(m): 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
No one ask for ur opinion
Re: Common Dating Sense For Singles!!!! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Woman Who Left Her 3-month-old Baby To Die While She Had Sex With A Man Sentence / Let's See How Smart You Are / Infidelity: 5 Reasons Why Woman Keep Going Back To Their Ex-boyfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.