Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Is He Using Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is He Using Her? (764 Views)

S He Using Me??? / But he was using her Bottom as a makeshift pillow... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is He Using Her? by Secretz(f): 11:23pm On Mar 22, 2009
what do you peeps think of long distance relationships (and NO am not looking oh!!) as in your guy/girl living abroad? one of my cousins has informed the family a few months ago that she wants to marry the son of a family friend, (the parents have known eachother since secondary school) she is based in Uk , he in naija. They started their relationship about a year ago, and I was there when they first met on our trip to Naija in 2006 (we normally go like 3 times a year when possible) and I have to say it was like love at first sight! BUT, he is always asking her to send him money, top up for his phone, demanding jewellry and other things! (considering he comes from a wealthy well to do family) even when submitting his visa application to come and visit her he told her he had no money to submit the fee when she knows his father gave him the money for that in particular!

I used to really like him for her, especially as their parents are close and they seems to really love eachother, but now with all this being exposed, I am becoming highly suspicious of his intentions and I know deep down my cousin maybe suspecting, but she will not admit to me and I have not probed her about it.

What do you guys think? do you think there is anything for her to be concerened about?

1 Like

Re: Is He Using Her? by C2H5OH(f): 11:27pm On Mar 22, 2009
Tell the daffy to quit spending so much on him. He will probably reveal his true self and intention a month or so after that.

1 Like

Re: Is He Using Her? by Secretz(f): 11:36pm On Mar 22, 2009
[/quote][quote author=C2H5OH link=topic=251564.msg3629816#msg3629816 date=1237760846]
Tell the daffy to quit spending so much on him. He will probably reveal his true self and intention a month or so after that.
Funnily enough I told her that! I also told her to tell him she is broke and leave him alone, one week on, I dont think she has heard anything since! lol

1 Like

Re: Is He Using Her? by C2H5OH(f): 2:24am On Mar 23, 2009
Then I guess he was in lust with her money.
Re: Is He Using Her? by topup: 2:49am On Mar 23, 2009
I have a few thoughts on this issue, a few are telling me that he truly isn't all that wealthy (not as the family seem - and maybe it's all SHAKO),

Then I'm thinking maybe he's only using her because he can get away with it, if it's available - people will try and get their mits on it. So, what he can afford it, he probably gets thrills knowing he's got a woman at his beck and call and that matters more than anything.

If the situation is completely as you described, he is definitely taking her for granted, his intentions on the other hand I have no idea. Why she keeps giving in though, I really don't know, because you don't have to give someone everything you have to show them you love them. No need to feel bad if you withdraw SOME things. He's probably playing with her feelings anyway.

She should hold out on him for sometime and see how he responds, if it doesn't bother him, then that's okay (though he should take it as a sign she has fewer funds and maybe ask questions (because he supposedly cares), but if he does complain, nag, or hint heavily, then he really is taking her for a ride.

Let's be honest with ourselves, is this a picture of love??

1 Like

Re: Is He Using Her? by johnnygan(m): 3:04am On Mar 23, 2009
topup:

Let's be honest with ourselves, is this a picture of love??

I still think its a riddle

(1) (Reply)

What Will I Do / Fake Relationship? / How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.