Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. (4611 Views)

When Was The Scariest Moment Of Your Life? / What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? / The Scariest And Comments On 'best Countries In Africa' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Jaxera(m): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2015
The goal of this thread is basically for everyone to come in and post the scariest true life stories that they have in their memory palace.

If you know any true story someone told you that scared your socks off, or a scary occurrence you witnessed or experienced, please post that chilling story here so everyone can read and be entertained....or become scared to the bones.
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Jaxera(m): 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
Let me share this one.
This is a story a friend of mine told me when I was in secondary school and although it's been more than 10 years since he told me this story, it still gives me the creeps.

This my friend had a class mate who was ill and was home for about a week, so because of that, he missed school during that period of time.

So after being sick for a week, he returned to school the next monday and was unusually very friendly with everyone. He even made up with the people he had quarrels with.

After school that day, my friend decided to visit him at his house. When he reached his house he asked his sister about him. His sister who was looking all moody told him that his friend, her brother died on friday and had already been buried.

My friend almost fainted because everyone saw the same boy in school that day.

No one ever saw him again.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Shebarh(f): 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ah honestly don't v and ah don't pray to v an experience
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Shebarh(f): 2:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
shocked shocked :oyours was really scaring
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Jaxera(m): 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
Shebarh:
shocked shocked :oyours was really scaring
Yes it was. And till today, whenever I think about it, it still scares me.
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Shebarh(f): 3:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
Jaxera:

Yes it was.
And till today, whenever I think about it, it still scares me.
how old was he when he died?
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Tapout(m): 3:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
haa...I've not witnessed any and wouldn't like to....but back then in the boarding house I hear plenty scatter, ranging from lady koi koi who terrorised girls hostel..bush baby chasing guys from night prep, spoons and forks drumming themselves in the dinning hall, white figures fetching water from the taps from 2am till 4am, school bell ringing itself, statues discussing and playing with each other....sleepy man who moved about flogging students who were still awake after lights out.." na this one fear me pass"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Shebarh(f): 3:06pm On Aug 10, 2015
Tapout:
haa...I've not witnessed any and wouldn't like to....but back then in the boarding house I hear plenty scatter, ranging from lady koi koi who terrorised girls hostel..bush baby chasing guys from night prep, spoons and forks drumming themselves in the dinning hall, white figures fetching water from the taps from 2am till 4am, school bell ringing itself, statues discussing and playing with each other....sleepy man who moved about flogging students who were still awake after lights out.." na this one fear me pass"
aaahh up till now dunno if dis tinz wer rumors or dey wer really true
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Jaxera(m): 3:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
Shebarh:
how old was he when he died?
He was in Jss2 then. So he was probably around 13-15 years old.
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Tapout(m): 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
Shebarh:
aaahh up till now dunno if dis tinz wer rumors or dey wer really true

lol...some people admitted witnessing some then, especially our seniors
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Shebarh(f): 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
Jaxera:

He was in Jss2 then. So he was probably around 13-15 years old.
cry
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by longjohnsilver: 3:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
Okay...lemme share one that happened to me way back when I was 12 or so...

This fateful night...my little sista n I went to our street junction to get some goodies..it was around 8 in the night....but we decided to take a shortcut that was a footpath in the bush dt was like a forest...as we were coming back after getting what we went for...naso we hear one footstep for our front...I sharply on torch lite...we see one man dey waka for our front...I off am...mk e no be like say persin dey act rude...buh I felt strange that I decided to check for d man again...buh to my utter most surprise...d man don disappear....

There was no way he cud av entered the bush we would av heard him entering the bush...if na bush e enta...and dere was no way he could av outwalked or outran us as d path was long and straight.

without saying a word to me...na my sista head I dey look for front as she took to her heels...mesef shapaly follow her ni...dem ask us for house wetin apen...we just dey ramble ni.

Dt is d most weirdest I av experienced masef sha...other na ppl tok am...I go share those ones later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Shebarh(f): 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2015
Tapout:

lol...some people admitted witnessing some then, especially our seniors
ah heard she is gone now bcus she found the oda leg of her shoe
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Tapout(m): 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
Shebarh:
ah heard she is gone now bcus she found the oda leg of her shoe

.and there were no rumours on how and where she found it...?? grin
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Jaxera(m): 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
Tapout:

Actually there was an experience I had when I was in secondary school... True talk.

There was a tree in our school that a lot of people claimed used to call out their names at night. So anytime any body passed were that tree was they always hastened their movement.

So one day, the school management decided to cut down the tree. Guess what? I am not saying this as something I heard, but as something I witnessed.

As the guy struck the tree with his axe blood started spilling out from the tree.
I am talking about red thick blood. Blood continued to spill out little by little until the tree was finally chopped down.

I was really surprised that day.

There was also another time girls in the girls hostel claimed they saw a coffin descend in the field beside their hostel block and after sometime it disappeared.

Our chaplain came that day and conducted an all night prayer with the girls.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Shebarh(f): 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
Tapout:

.and there were no rumours on how and where she found it...?? grin
nahhhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Shebarh(f): 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
Jaxera:

Actually there was an experience I had when I was in secondary school... True talk.

There was a tree in our school that a lot of people claimed used to call out their names at night. So anytime any body passed were that tree was they always hastened their movement.

So one day, the school management decided to cut down the tree. Guess what? I am not saying this as something I heard, but as something I witnessed.

As the guy struck the tree with his axe blood started spilling out from the tree.
I am talking about red thick blood. Blood continued to spill out little by little until the tree was finally chopped down.

There was also another time girls in the girls hostel claimed they saw a coffin descend in the field beside their hostel block and after sometime it disappeared.

Wah school did u attend
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Tapout(m): 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
Shebarh:
nahhhhhhhhhhh grin

lool... cheesy
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Tapout(m): 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
Jaxera:

mehn that's quite scary.. sad
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Jaxera(m): 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
longjohnsilver:
Okay...lemme share one that happened to me way back when I was 12 or so...

This fateful night...my little sista n I went to our street junction to get some goodies..it was around 8 in the night....but we decided to take a shortcut that was a footpath in the bush dt was like a forest...as we were coming back after getting what we went for...naso we hear one footstep for our front...I sharply on torch lite...we see one man dey waka for our front...I off am...mk e no be like say persin dey act rude...buh I felt strange that I decided to check for d man again...buh to my utter most surprise...d man don disappear....

There was no way he cud av entered the bush we would av heard him entering the bush...if na bush e enta...and dere was no way he could av outwalked or outran us as d path was long and straight.

without saying a word to me...na my sista head I dey look for front as she took to her heels...mesef shapaly follow her ni...dem ask us for house wetin apen...we just dey ramble ni.

Dt is d most weirdest I av experienced masef sha...other na ppl tok am...I go share those ones later.

Maybe he was a ghost grin
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Shebarh(f): 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2015
Tapout:

lool... cheesy
yhhh but ah knew bout her story tho
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Tapout(m): 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
Shebarh:
yhhh but ah knew bout her story tho

hope ur not one of the ladies I heard she recruited to help find the 2nd pair grin
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Shebarh(f): 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
Tapout:

hope ur not one of the ladies I heard she recruited to help find the 2nd pair grin
nahh ah never went to a boarding sch.. ah had friends who wer boarders
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Jaxera(m): 3:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
Shebarh:
Wah school did u attend

A mission school in lagos. Some people claimed part of the school was formerly a burial ground, but I don't know how true that is.

The management sacked the former chaplain and brought in a new one, reasons being that the former wasn't spiritually equipped enough.

The new chaplain held serious night prayers with us(both guys and girls) every friday night.
It was so tiring and annoying. We would make a round circle in the middle of the school compound, read some scriptures and pray. All the boys were made to stand through out, while girls were allowed to crouch or sit on the floor for some time.

He also warned us that we shouldn't go towards our school hall at night time. He said that was the dwelling place for spiritual forces and that he fought spiritual battles with them almost every night.
Funny enough, his office was located right behind the hall.

His office was later changed though.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Shebarh(f): 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2015
ah once attended a gov sec like dat here in lag.. ikorodu sef... part of it was a burial ground..dey even buried the owner d land at d entrance of d sch... and d senior eatery was infact wer d burial ground was .and der was a big tree at d middle of d compound but didn't spend a year in dat sch..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
Continue
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Shebarh(f): 4:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
Swearest:
Continue
don't u v any experience to share with us
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Jaxera(m): 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
Swearest:
Continue

Continue what?
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Tapout(m): 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
Shebarh:
nahh ah never went to a boarding sch.. ah had friends who wer boarders

alright...it's quite an experience tho cool
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by Shebarh(f): 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
Tapout:

alright...it's quite an experience tho cool
yhhhhhhh smiley
Re: What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. by mamziii(f): 4:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
Wen I Was 9 My Mom& I Went 2d Village Afta Her Dads Death,We Went 2wks Afta D Burial Cos Mom Was In No Conditn 2travel. 2 Days B4 We Wer 2liv D Village I Was Alone In D House As My Mom& All Went 2d Market,i Sat Outside My Grandparents Compound Alone Wen An Old Man Holdin A Walkin Stick Walkd 2me,he Asked Of My Grand Ma,mum&my Uncles &i Told Him Dey Wer All Not In D House.He Told me 2 Take Care Of Myself& Turned 2 Liv,seconds Lata I Turned& He Was No Wer 2b Found. I Got Up 2 check Bhind D House But Did Not C Him,i Was Shockd&wonderd How An Man Wit A Walkin Stick Cud Hav Walked Dat Fast. I Told My Mum& Grand Ma Wen Dey Returned,my Uncles Wer Cald And Dey Spoke In Low Tone I Was Neva Left Alone 4a Minute Since Dat Day. Mum Told Me Years Lata Dat D Man Was My Grand Pa And Probably Came 2 Check On Me Since I Was Home Alone

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone Heard About United Nations Grant On Poverty Alleviation? / Collection Of Interesting Images From From Way Back And Present. / ‘khona’ By Mafikizolo Is Actually A Song For The Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.