Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? (55798 Views)

What Immediately Tells You That A Person Had A Traumatic Past? / Share Your Funniest, Scariest And Surprising Experiences In Life Here. / When Was The Scariest Moment Of Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mine was watching a child fall from the 3rd floor of a building. I was talking with some friends while the boy was in the 3rd floor of his parents playing then somehow, he fell off from such a huge distance. I watched in disbelief as people quickly rushed to the scene and had the child taken to the hospital immediately. Luckily the child survived.

Second was a beggar who lived on my street. He was starving and had no option but to beg for help. Each day going to work, I gave him what I could afford. Traveled for some weeks and I saw him down to just a bag of bones. Next day he was already dead. For about a week his body was still there and no one cared.

one of my scariest was when I almost had a head on collision with a tanker while traveling. Within a fraction of a second of colliding we somehow veered to the other side of the road. Worst still I was at the drivers seat where the damage would have been worse. Honestly I was seconds away from death..

Last on my most traumatic was witnessing a murder scene. I don't even want to talk about it..

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by taylor88(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
my neighbour asked me to lend him my diick

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Tamass: 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
actually one of mine was how i witnessed a jungle justice on someone who stole to eat

26 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
the scariest even i have ever witnessed still haunts me whenever i travel

on my way back to school from my village since i decided to spend my holiday there, a car overtook us with a speed that we started raining abuses on the driver. just ahead i sighted a tipper loaded with gravel and this car was still trying to overtake the truck in split seconds the truck tilted and all the gravel poured on the car even with the drivers effort to reverse he just couldn't make it in time .. our driver stopped the car so we could all step out to help, we were desperate digging through the gravel with our hands but we couldn't in time it was too much .. everyone died in the car .. it was such a sad event

next one was watching a fight in the market on 23rd Dec 2014 .. went with my mum to buy xmas stuff for the house .. and these two guys were having a brawl all of a sudden a guy from the crowd just rushed to the scene with a knife and he stabbed one of the guys in the tummy and there was just blood everywhere

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by decatalyst(m): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
Scariest for me would be when I was in secondary school...JSS 2 or so...wanted to cross the Iwo road-Ojoo axis. I and two other girls playfully holding hands...we were not going or relating but we wanted to cross at the same time. I could still recall how I took the step and a voice just told me to go back...the two girls crossing went for the run across the road one was hit by a truck and her brain spilled out in an instant, right in front of me!

I could have been dead too!

My praise and gratitude to Jesus who has always been there, watching and keeping me away from seen and unseen dangers.

May his saving hands keep us all through the remainder of this year. Amen.

211 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
Mine was watching a child fall from the 3rd floor of a building. I was talking with some friends while the boy was in the 3rd floor of his parents playing then somehow, he fell off from such a huge distance. I watched in disbelief as people quickly rushed to the scene and had the child taken to the hospital immediately. Luckily the child survived.

Second was a beggar who lived on my street. He was starving and had no option but to beg for help. Each day going to work, I gave him what I could afford. Traveled for some weeks and I saw him down to just a bag of bones. Next day he was already dead. For about a week his body was still there and no one cared.

one of my scariest was when I almost had a head on collision with a tanker while traveling. Within a fraction of a second of colliding we somehow veered to the other side of the road. Worst still I was at the drivers seat where the damage would have been worse. Honestly I was seconds away from death..

Last on my most traumatic was witnessing a murder scene. I don't even want to talk about it..
u must talk the murder scene before I go talk my own.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by NCANpatroller: 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mine was accident @ ikeja before the pedestrian bridge was built.
A lady tried to cross but got hit by a danfo bus. She died instantly. Brain was on the floor. Windscreen shattered. The driver tried to make a run for it. That was his folly. He was chased by several commuters. Beaten stripped naked. Bus was burnt. I had nightmare for days

14 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by prestigiouslady: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mine was during labour, one woman who was also in labour was the one encouraging me, she was having her third child or so, she went into the delivery room but didn't make it, she had a pre existing medical condition (hospital had no maternal casualty in a year plus)....her mother's wail down the hall still sends shivers down my spine whenever I remember... no one deserves to loose a child...

I was so scared even with the pain and everything.... it was the scariest and most traumaticmoment in my adult life...

My daughter was sick at birth, I was scared to the marrows....I couldn't pray, I was just crying

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Nne5: 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
Helplessly watching my mother die.Knowing I wouldn't be able to do a thing to save her.

Those hours,painful long hours, I'll never forget...

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Oyindidi(f): 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Ishilove: 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2017
When the keke I boarded two years ago took a tumble and just kept on dragging on the floor without end...in the middle of the express way. I heard someone screaming manaically, and it was when the keke finally halted after what seemed like forever that I realised I was the person screaming.

That day, I emerged from the wreckage bruised, bloodied and with a sobering realisation that life is very very fragile. It is hanging on a thin thread and can snap in less than a second.

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Ishilove: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
NCANpatroller:
Mine was accident @ ikeja before the pedestrian bridge was built.
A lady tried to cross but got hit by a danfo bus. She died instantly. Brain was on the floor. Windscreen shattered. The driver tried to make a run for it. That was his folly. He was chased by several commuters. Beaten stripped naked. Bus was burnt. I had nightmare for days
Oh dear...this is just awful.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by poshestmina(f): 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
One night during my school days, I was going from China to gra around 11pm ,myself and a friend with the cabman started hearing gunshots somewhere BTW ozuoba and Mgbuoba so I shouted and told the cab man to start driving backwards instead of revising and wasting time.

We moved far away from the gunshot area for about 15 minutes then we started going back, sad sad I saw 2 police officers dead on the ground and the 3 one was bleeding profusely, calling for help, begging the cab man to stop and help him.

We drove past but my conscience won't let me rest so I told the cab man to revise so we could help the bleeding man, he complained, insulted finally we got to the spot where we saw the police guy, we quickly opened the door and helped him in, he was telling us to take him to one hospital around mile 1 and he was getting weaker .

FORTUNATELY, very close to rumuokwuta junction, we saw 2 very loaded police van heading to the direction we were coming from ,they already got the information ...we flagged them down and they quickly took their colleague into their van and left .

I couldn't go to the hospital to check on him if he survived or not because of fear, I honestly STILL REGRET it and I still remember the look of fear in his eyes, his voice begging me not to let him die still echoes in my head sad sad.

I hope he survived!

Later learnt that police killed some robbers so their colleagues came for revenge .

42 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by IMASTEX: 9:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
A lady was abandoned in a government hospital by relatives. She was on conscious for about four days. It got to a point the nurse on duty was begging other patients to lend a drip for her. Until she slowly passed away. At that point i saw how humans could be helpless. Some hours later the relatives came. Hmm. I felt so sad because I couldn't do anything to help. I also saw how human lives without money can be of no value in Africa to government and others. You will only understand what I mean when you watch Dr. Pot on Nateo Wide, how they treat animals with so much attention & care, etc.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by designer01(m): 9:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mine is reading some of the stories here

196 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
When one match spoils ticket, very very traumatic, I almost won 5million, I still regret picking Arsenal till today.....

171 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Noblesoul123: 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
Sneaking out to watch horror movies which was banned at home.

One of them was this dude.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by banmee(m): 9:16pm On Oct 02, 2017
As a kid the day i realized i was born a Nigerian. That shiit still gives me nightmares.

86 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by imstillnovice: 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Blaqqcorleone(m): 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
I held on to her while she passed!!! sad

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by XwhY(m): 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
1. Lagos Bomb blast 2002

2. It was during my internship at a construction company. A very heavy iron fell on a worker and died immediately. It was a gory scene.

24 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by beamsay: 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
coming to share mine.
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
Loosing my bro and dad cry to death right in my hands

15 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
A little boy,knocked down by an on coming vehicle while returning from school. It was tragic!!! I get goose bumps each time I remember dat gory accident.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by FisifunKododada: 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
One day a man fell into a septic tank. Right up to the neck. He tried to get out desperately but he couldn’t. Then after sometime he started screaming, “Fire, fire, fire!” Neighbors heard the fire screams, called the fire brigade. The firemen came and looked everywhere, no fire. Then they found him in the septic tank, pulled him out and then they asked why were you screaming fire?’ Then he said, “If I said ‘Shit, shit,’ would you have come?!” So just working hard will not do. You must do the right thing otherwise it doesn’t work. Action should be whichever way the situation demands.

80 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Ranchhoddas: 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
When Tottenham cut my ticket. No greater trauma than that peeps. Imagine those idiots allow Burnley to equalize them.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Adaumunocha(f): 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
.The day armed robbers slapped me, darn I saw stars....

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by MrsMurphy(f): 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
The day I lost my child. I was carrying her when she died. Couldn't sleep for days. That was the first time seeing someone die

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by gqboyy(m): 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hell of scary stories up there

9 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Dhavido(m): 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mine was when I was about 12 or 13 years old. My mum was a food vendor at a bus stop in Lagos at that time. I witnessed an accident from beginning to the end as I saw trailer that had no brakes crushed pedestrians waiting for buses at the bus stop on that fateful Tuesday morning.

There was a TATA bus in front that eventually stopped the trailer but a fully loaded 18 seater bus was compressed between the bus and the trailer. I saw scores of lifeless dismembered human bodies that day.

The papers later reported 12 deaths when I personally counted over 30 lifeless bodies. I was terrified for days.

The other one was just last month when my father died in my arms. That was the very first time someone would die in my presence and it wasn’t easy.

Rest on Dad embarassed embarassed

56 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) / Is This A Man Or A Woman? / This Is Actually A Coffin (pics).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.