Stats: 3,150,842 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m (33380 Views)

President Buhari Cancels FEC Meeting Today / Buhari Cancels Medical Trip To London, Invites Physicians To Nigeria / Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings (2) (3) (4)

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by wiseoneking: 12:08am On Aug 11, 2015
ionsman:
Buhari approved 160 naira to a dollar for Christian pilgrims. ..

Now, he has cancelled government delegation to hajj(muslims).

This is the same man that is a tribal bigot.

This is the same man that wants to islamise Nigeria.

TANoids are legendary idiots. ....
You are been scamed again. He is still thesame old buh. Let every issue of pilgrim support be expunged from the federal govt financial spending. It should be a private affairs.
Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by chiedu7: 12:08am On Aug 11, 2015
[size=13pt]I beg make I hear word.

Didn't buhari take his son to America at the Govts expense?

Wasn't it an Offical trip?
[/size]

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by Napoleone(m): 12:14am On Aug 11, 2015
kenny987:
Good! I hope this leads on to the entire government excluding itself from religious pilgrimages whether Christian or Muslim. Religion is a private thing and should remain so. State governments ought to respect and enforce this too especially those owing salaries! I wonder what they discuss in their Governors' Forum that it has not yet occurred to them to stop these wasteful activities and quit throwing our money at foreign governments from airlines to the pilgrimage destinations. Countries that still have no regard for Nigeria because she refuses to fix her issues despite so many resources!
Yet, Napoleon Bornaparte said "A state without religion is like a vessel without a compass" smiley
Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by bola4dprec(m): 12:21am On Aug 11, 2015
islamize Nigeria religion bigotry Boko Haram godfather bla bla satanist God will put you people on shame
Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by Itunnu2248(f): 12:28am On Aug 11, 2015
Good thought from a great leader,Indeed change is here
Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by U2ice(m): 12:29am On Aug 11, 2015
I jst pray all dis monies bin recovered dnt get to d wrong hands again n to b used judiciously

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by kenny987(f): 12:43am On Aug 11, 2015
Napoleone:
Yet, Napoleon Bornaparte said "A state without religion is like a vessel without a compass" smiley

Not to the detriment of the people. The people have to be alive and fairly content to be properly religious. You cannot have people dropping dead or lying sick due to lack of infrastructure and non-payment of salaries and then have same 'scarce' resources expended on ventures that are still circulated among the privileged few. These pilgrimages do not in any way improve the life of the common man who has many hungry mouths to feed!

Again, I have not asked for religion and faith to be banned. The right thing is for the government not to be actively involved in such issues and rather concentrate on its primary duty of good and sound governance which translates to a sane and conducive environment suitable for all things good including peaceful practice of any any religion.

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by LastProphet: 1:14am On Aug 11, 2015
ionsman:

hahahahaha, you damn right, but incase you havent thought about it, most people that see nothing wrong with Jonathan are mostly people with intellectual challenge, like most of my dumb relatives supported him though they have turned back now, so dont forget that whenever you see tanoids

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by emeka2847: 1:51am On Aug 11, 2015
APC and BUHARI 419!

This was approved by GEJ in 2010 to take effect after he loses election in 2015. So don't start praising Buhari for it. It's GEJ's effort pls. Anyways,

Sai Baba! Sai Buhari!
Change dole! Till 2023!

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by ijebu2020: 2:26am On Aug 11, 2015
ionsman:

So by approving 160Naira for Christians was it stated how much he will approve for Muslim pilgirmages or did he approve any government delegation for the Christians...the way some peeps just rush to post comment I wonder read before you comment plss

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by ijebu2020: 2:29am On Aug 11, 2015
ionsman:

Bet some peeps dont read before they jump to comment or post on this Forum..where did you read or confirm that He did not approve 160Naira to a dollar for the Muslim pilgrims also? ow where did u read or confirm that there were government delagation in the Christian pilgrims..try read nd understand before you make comments plss
Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by swit2have: 3:14am On Aug 11, 2015
nairalandist:
After allowing people to use the christian pilgrimage to buy dollars at extremely cheap rates, even when we all knew that christian pilgrimage is not important to Christians. Now he cancelled govt. delegation to Hajj. . . who is fooling who?

If he truly wants to fight corruption, let him not influence the exchange rate for dollars for both muslim and christian pilgrims. . . We all know that it's not available to the general public and only those politicians are given slots for pilgrimage. . .

Prof. Osinbajo.... please talk to Buhari ooo... we are not fools o!

FYI, the N160 to a dollar rate applies to all pilgrims - Christians and Muslims. I heard that
in an interview with the chairman of Hajj committee in Oyo State

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by Nobody: 3:36am On Aug 11, 2015
chiedu7:
[size=13pt]I beg make I hear word.

Didn't buhari take his son to America at the Govts expense?

Wasn't it an Offical trip?
[/size]

see them. igbos........................... Gowon is my hero for killing millions of bighead tribe.

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by adconline(m): 4:01am On Aug 11, 2015
But he approved N165 to $1 for HAJJ prigrims, thereby making the govt pay for additional N35 per $1. So if Nigerians spend $20m on Hajj, FG will pay more than $4m.. Why is this govt subsidizing religion?

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 11, 2015
kenny987:
Good! I hope this leads on to the entire government excluding itself from religious pilgrimages whether Christian or Muslim. Religion is a private thing and should remain so. State governments ought to respect and enforce this too especially those owing salaries! I wonder what they discuss in their Governors' Forum that it has not yet occurred to them to stop these wasteful activities and quit throwing our money at foreign governments from airlines to the pilgrimage destinations. Countries that still have no regard for Nigeria because she refuses to fix her issues despite so many resources!
Op nice 1 thre , we shall see hw sensible d governors ar. they can't be owing salary and send pple on pilgrimage. we shall see. nigerians ar waiting.

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by socialmediaman: 4:07am On Aug 11, 2015
ionsman:

They avoid news like this, you won't see them here
Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by ojnnaco(m): 4:29am On Aug 11, 2015
Lolxxxx.... The last statement sounds funny : We are not involved.... Good moves presido.
D Cost of Governance must be reduced

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by gbengus26(m): 5:15am On Aug 11, 2015
Wow! That is a good move by our president.
Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by amoduganja: 5:37am On Aug 11, 2015
DULLAR%%DINHO and publicity stunt... Government of propaganda.
Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by azimibraun: 5:54am On Aug 11, 2015
My take on this is simple.... when you work hard to ern the money you pay to finance a trip to Mecca, You pray harder when you get to mecca and take the pilgrimage more seriously because you will not want to spend that much and go masturbating in Mecca instead of carrying out strict religious obligations. Free things are not very respected things.

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by dododawa1: 5:56am On Aug 11, 2015
Thank God I voted sai BUHARI
Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by amzee(m): 6:42am On Aug 11, 2015
And this is a man they said he will islamise Nigeria. God purnish saTANists. GOD BLESS PMB. GOD BLESS NIGERIA..
Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by Utchman1: 6:43am On Aug 11, 2015
This is the man we voted for.

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by ojinuocheibi(m): 6:56am On Aug 11, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Buhariiiiiiiii!!
wetin him do?
Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:04am On Aug 11, 2015
God bless the President.

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:08am On Aug 11, 2015
Napoleone:
Religion should be separated from the state. Before the Treaty of Westphalia, the pope and priests were thorns on flesh of monarch.
Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 11, 2015
By the Comments you know they are TANoids. Their response come calm like akamu wey don sawa tongue. God bless PMB! Who say make your water no boil shocked
Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by Abdulhakeem7(m): 7:13am On Aug 11, 2015
I can't just stop loving dis man called PMB,dis is exactly what hav once discussed with a friend dat there's no point in govt sponsoring pilgrimage of any religion cos I'm sure not d most faithful ones are sponsored. Thank you PMB and God bless u as u continue to conserve our scarce resources to rebuild d economy

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by Kaydem(m): 7:14am On Aug 11, 2015
CHANGE!!!... Association Of Wailing Wailers food don ready oooo

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by Gods300men: 7:17am On Aug 11, 2015
tola9jaa:
good move
I am beginning to like this man,
hope its not initial gra gra and next year they will spend $10m to lesser haj and $30m to bigger haj.

Re: Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation To Hajj, To Save $1m by inuyasha01(m): 7:23am On Aug 11, 2015
wachakuta:
Anothe GEJ policy...

Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard / #BringBackOurGirls Member Mubaraka Sani Dies In Accident Along Abuja-kaduna Road / Captured Whiteman In Sambisa Is French

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59