Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,529 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari (1220 Views)

I Have No Political Prisoner During My Time -jonathan / Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari / Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
Details are beginning to emerge from the private meeting between President Muhammadu Buhari and former President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. The Nations reports that a former Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar facilitated the meeting.
According to the report, the meeting was at the instance of the 2015 Elections Peace Committee, after former President, Jonathan complained that President Buhari was not sticking to the peace accord they signed.
Jonathan was reported to have also sought for understanding on alleged corrupt practices and mismanagement of funds under his administration, with a source saying the former President claimed he was hearing about some of the graft allegations for the first time.
The report however claimed that President Buhari reportedly insisted that all looted funds must be returned to the nation’s coffers, adding that the President also restated his pledge that Jonathan had nothing to fear at all.
According to a source quoted by the report, the outcome of the meeting between Buhari and Jonathan formed the motive behind Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo’s declaration at the weekend that the target of the administration’s anti-corruption war was not Jonathan.
The report further disclosed that the former President was not comfortable with the way Buhari moved against his ex-Chief Security Officer (CSO), ex-National Security Adviser (NSA) and some ministers, asking the Abdulsalami committee to prevail on Buhari not to rubbish him.
Former president’s Abdusalami and Jonathan of the PDP while having meetings over holding president-eloect Buhari to give amnesty if to be handed power
The source said: “For some weeks, Jonathan has been in the country to iron out some issues on his government.
“Based on Jonathan’s complaint, Abdulsalami made efforts – five times- to get in touch with Buhari but the ex-Head of State could not get through on time. I think Buhari already had security reports on Jonathan’s emissary.”
Abdulsalami was said to have been frustrated at a point and had to enlist other ex-presidents who prevailed on Buhari to allow the committee an opportunity to mediate.
The source added: “This was how Abdulsalami succeeded in securing an appointment from Buhari for Jonathan with a caveat that the immediate past President should feel free to bare his mind.”
The source further gave an insight into the discussions.
“Jonathan said he was hearing some of the allegations, especially financial sleaze, against his administraotion for the first time. He made it clear that he had nothing to do with some of these corrupt practices.
“He said whatever steps or actions the President intends to take; it should be within the framework of the peace accord the two leaders signed. Obviously, he wanted soft landing.
“He also pledged to cooperate with Buhari as much as possible on all steps he is going to take.”
On his part, President Buhari was said to have restated his pledge that Jonathan had nothing to fear, though insisted that there was no going back on the recovery of looted funds.
“The President reassured Jonathan that he has no personal agenda against him. But he insisted that whatever was stolen from the treasury must be returned,” the source said.
source: newsrescue.com
newsrescue.com/revealed-i-am-just-realizing-this-corruption-for-first-time-jonathan-told-buhari/#axzz3iPwcgtTC
Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by EdCure: 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
I won't be surprised if he really said that. Remember, he was rightly tagged "the clueless one".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by Swaggzkid: 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
Op stop posting sensitive rubbish without solid proof.

Where is the link to that?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by Scholarnwadimma(f): 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
Must i comment?
Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by marshalcarter: 11:20pm On Aug 10, 2015
So wat i should talk
Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
Swaggzkid:
Op stop posting sensitive rubbish without solid proof.

Where is the link to that?
newsrescue.com/revealed-i-am-just-realizing-this-corruption-for-first-time-jonathan-told-buhari/#axzz3iPwcgtTC

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by T8ksy(m): 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
“Jonathan said he was hearing some of the allegations, especially financial sleaze, against his administraotion for the first time. He made it clear that he had nothing to do with some of these corrupt practices.

And so says Mr. "stealing is not corruption", our erstwhile most daft president.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by nnamdizen(m): 11:25pm On Aug 10, 2015
There was a time I would trade words with anyone who tries to trash Oga Jona, but from recent findings, I Will not only trade words, I will curse anyone who tries to defend the name that will eventually be used as a synonym for cluelessness in the advanced Oxford dictionary.

Weakling , learn what it takes to rule from your successor

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by Elosky20: 11:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
do you xpect MR CORRUPTION to believe their is corruption in naija. afterall he was the one that said that "STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION" now i have come to understand its true because his name is GOODLUCK JONATHAN CORRUPTION. if buhari must win the war against corruption, then he must first defeat the "THE CORRUPT CLUELESS ONE"

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by Brightology2(m): 11:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
K
Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 12:49am On Aug 11, 2015
I thought stealing is not corruption....

Thats why my friend demdem calls him jonah-daft

2 Likes

Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by jay2pee(m): 1:12am On Aug 11, 2015
op, ur sauce is not edible
Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by vekanem(m): 2:05am On Aug 11, 2015
uncle jona, hmmm. I comment my reserve
Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by YoursGEJ(m): 2:11am On Aug 11, 2015
He's an idiot. He saw it as common stealing during his tenure.

Jail this drunk man make we go about our business jare.

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by Infomizer(m): 4:22am On Aug 11, 2015
Still wonder how some people ended up where they did. Ima-fuckiñg-gine!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by TheNonce: 4:34am On Aug 11, 2015
grin
Buhari to Jona.."Hmmm, I am also just realising about how to probe _stupid thieves oh! Let us both keep learning ehn bros! Just go home and chillax!"
Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by citizenY(m): 4:43am On Aug 11, 2015
T8ksy:

And so says Mr. "stealing is not corruption", our erstwhile most daft president.

Baki ke yanka wuya... a Hausa idiom.

Meaning..... NA MOUTH DEY CUT NECK.

Lesson..... watch what you say. it may come back to haunt you.
Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by Nobody: 4:49am On Aug 11, 2015
honestly I just don't know why some folks will beat drums and sweat their assess for this bunch of corrupt PDP wen their primary plan is to ruin Nigeria and amass great wealth at the expense of gullible Nigerians

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by mysteriousman(m): 5:12am On Aug 11, 2015
Hmm... are we supposed to believe this
Re: I Am Just Realising This Corruption 4 D First Time. Jonathan Told Pres. Buhari by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 11, 2015
TheNonce:
grin
Buhari to Jona.."Hmmm, I am also just realising about how to probe _stupid thieves oh! Let us both keep learning ehn bros! Just go home and chillax!"
lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Imperialist America: Propagating The Global Jihad: Nigerian Campaign / Ambode Vs. Fasola: Round One / UNCOVERED: Amaechi’s Candidate For EFCC Chairman Ogunsakin Was Involved In Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.