Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans (44231 Views)

Stanbicibtc Online Account / Nairabet Stylishly Mocks MMM Participants With A Tweet / FMDQ Otc-how-nigerian Breweries Stanbicibtc Others Raised N156 Billion Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by charlesbailey(m): 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
laff wan kill me for hia oo.. i need 'cech' my blood pressure... stanbic o jare, if arsenal fans no bank with una.. other club fans will o jare... afterall the club sef no dey bankable!!
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by tiwiex(m): 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
Who or what is Arsenal or Chelsea or any of these names una dey call. I think we have taken it over board identifying with these clubs like this. It is now a sin not to belong to a club. I am a Chelsea fan, Arsenal fan etc. Which club do you belong to? kilode? Una don see Wenger before? The other day, I was talking about Amaju Pinik (not sure if i got his spelling right. Afteral he is not Wenger) and my colleague, a Man U fan was lost. He had never heard the name before. Seriously? Now the bank even tries to use it to do some publicity which really should not backfire if not that we have taken this thing as a religion. I think it is more like conformance now. You just must belong.

Nigeria cannot progress like this oh. We always keep blaming Government. Yet we all have (apart from me. hehe) jerseys worth at least 15k. That is 15k dashed (not invested) in a club not even in your country. Actually, I almost bought but when the attendant tell me the price, the jersey just jump back to the bench e com from before i kick am. I know the story. Our league is not developed etc. Even if the league was super-developed, we go still get serious colo-mentality. I am not a football fan by much but I really try to be conscious on local events primarily to patronize opportunities around. Dangote is already planning to pump billion (i.e. the rich man's version of the jersey) and someone will tell me the man creates plenty jobs here. No be the money e make here e wan carry dump on Arsenal? Sad people we all are.

I don't blame anyone. We all get into these foreign bug one way or the other but it is time we start looking real far into the future.
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2015
Bad Customer Service!
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by Naff24(f): 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
dhantey324:
Wetin concern dem with arsenal? Only in PMB'S administration...
What's PMB's own in this matter? Can't u just stop criticizing this man nd bow for ur superior? #Smh
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by delegiwa(m): 2:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
I am an Arsenal fan and I don't feel disrespected by this obvious football bant.

Come on guys let's take a joke. Haba!
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by Popemax(m): 2:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
neurologist:
grin
wat happened to Man utd and chelsea last season...common dis d beginning of the season relax ok
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by HopeAtHand: 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Broda! Haba! Choose one now, wetin be he/she!

Sharap you are a she-male..Your nicknames also include tranny, T-girl, ladyboy, chick with dick, sl.ut with nut, doll with balls, and dude with boob.

SMH for you.

1 Like

Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by ldpele(m): 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
This one follow for banks for Nigeria? Werey ni @stanbic
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by percyoats(m): 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
LOLS... I operate stanbic as one of my account as an Arsenal fan... stunts like this, though humour may be very bad on the reputation of the bank. I doubt this dude or whoever knows what publicity really means. It is a very stupid stunt. They should ask sterling bank why they are starting to make such progress in acquiring customers before putting up bants like this.

Arsenal fans, these has been and will be the price. You win it's not good enough. you loose it's all over... who cares... that doesn't stop a true fan from supporting the club they've grown to like. I am sure Liverpool fans would agree with me on this.

NgeneUkwenu:
Arsenal Fans Don Suffer!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Chai!!!

https://twitter.com/stanbicibtc
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by Coolcash1: 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
Guys take it easy with StanbicIBTC. Its just a blend of business with comic.

Gunner till I die!!!
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by percyoats(m): 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
What future oga? I don't think you have the right to judge what or how people see things in life... Some of y'all listen to chris brown, Adele etc... Have you seen em before?
To some, supporting a club isn't just support... its their way of life... It is like telling someone not to admire living in Europe or America because he has not been there before.

Idea here is, its a bad stunt by the bankPR... It is banter, yea... and humour... but whats the point behind the PR. what is it trying to sell...Going through it, I don't think it has done the positive for the bank. And I am sure this is not the last we will hear about it.

tiwiex:
Who or what is Arsenal or Chelsea or any of these names una dey call. I think we have taken it over board identifying with these clubs like this. It is now a sin not to belong to a club. I am a Chelsea fan, Arsenal fan etc. Which club do you belong to? kilode? Una don see Wenger before? The other day, I was talking about Amaju Pinik (not sure if i got his spelling right. Afteral he is not Wenger) and my colleague, a Man U fan was lost. He had never heard the name before. Seriously? Now the bank even tries to use it to do some publicity which really should not backfire if not that we have taken this thing as a religion. I think it is more like conformance now. You just must belong.

Nigeria cannot progress like this oh. We always keep blaming Government. Yet we all have (apart from me. hehe) jerseys worth at least 15k. That is 15k dashed (not invested) in a club not even in your country. Actually, I almost bought but when the attendant tell me the price, the jersey just jump back to the bench e com from before i kick am. I know the story. Our league is not developed etc. Even if the league was super-developed, we go still get serious colo-mentality. I am not a football fan by much but I really try to be conscious on local events primarily to patronize opportunities around. Dangote is already planning to pump billion (i.e. the rich man's version of the jersey) and someone will tell me the man creates plenty jobs here. No be the money e make here e wan carry dump on Arsenal? Sad people we all are.

I don't blame anyone. We all get into these foreign bug one way or the other but it is time we start looking real far into the future.

1 Like

Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by noblegrex: 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
Y people dey blame cech for Asenals' defeat. Wetin d deffenders dey look abeg
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by emmyojo22(m): 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
Qtsnow:
The Mod that brought this to front page can't deny not seeing my post about Stanbic ibtc Islamic banking platform, I and refused to push it to front page... you guys only push commic and entertainment, Na waoo.
you guys better do the needful

cc: maclatunji, Sissie, lalasticlala, jarus
Paste the link to the thread here
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by paking(m): 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
There's nothing wrong with this advert Arsenal fans shouldn't take it personal. They should just laugh it off!!!
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by udemzyudex(m): 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Stanbic IBTC just lost an account. They are not serious with their biz.

ProudlyGunners

Hehehe... Like say she get #2milla for the account...

Now u know Arsenal fans in Nigeria don't have a good sense of humor.. grin
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
the basic idea was not terrible but execution was poor. i personally think some companies in certain sectors have to maintain a dignified outlook and cracking jokes of that nature might perhaps more appropriate for a firm in another industry such as entertainment. Also might have worked better in other environments were individuals are more balanced and mature.

Imagine someone threatening to close an account over arsenal. *sigh* embarassed
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by Lovexme(m): 4:36pm On Aug 11, 2015
That was a very good banter.

Those of you slagging them off have got a very poor sense of humour undecided
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by adekeyetae: 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
tiwiex:

shoro niyen
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Stanbic IBTC just lost an account. They are not serious with their biz.

ProudlyGunners
How much dey Ur account?
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
Stanbic IBTC could care less if all Arsenal fans in Nigeria closed their accts. Sure. It would hurt dem a little. But they'd still ve more customers in United, Chelsea, Madrid, Bayern fans etc...

Dont worry Arsenal fans. The season is still young. More bants still to come ur way
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by eminex(m): 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
Lolzzzz

1 Like

Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by Rexnegro(m): 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
Unsad:
When them talk sey na Arsenal fans write the book of Lamentations in the Bible, I no gree, now I know better
hehehehehehehehehehehehheheheheheh lwkmdh ...chai guy you harsh o. You remind me when I dey sch (uni) two guys dey argue abt club bench...guy A na arsenal fan guy B na Chelsea fan ..so they were arguing abt wich club has quality player on bench so guy B was saying arsenal no get bench during The argument , he repeated it again sayin arsenal no get bench o , meanwhile guy C was passing and he shouted "se na ground they dey sitdon before " ? I reason The talk laff sotey water commot for my eyes that day....you needed to see The drama that day. Lol
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by Ahmeduana(m): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
Trailblazer1:
You see why I can never agree with Ngeneukwunu. She/he or it also hates arsenal undecided
DON'T YOU SEE THAT SHEPOPOTAMUS ALWAYS LIKE TO SUPPORT ANYTHING BLACK AND DEVIOUS! EXAMPLE apc.
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by vivypretty(f): 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
Unsad:
When them talk sey na Arsenal fans write the book of Lamentations in the Bible, I no gree, now I know better
lol.hahahahaha
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by adedam23(m): 7:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
Omo, arsenal fans dey para o grin
sheby na joke d person dey joke, dey jst wan put d person 4 wahala nw
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by fujirice: 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
Hahahahaahhhaaahahaaaaaha!!!! E pain them bad!!! grin grin grin
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by Qtsnow(m): 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by Goodnuel: 11:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
Demmocrats:
Any way am a Chelsea fan but that advert is a bad marketing strategy
It's not always about business.. anybody who needs their services will definitely go back to them.

For example, when they had the lowest dollar rate, would you ditch them cos they made a lil fun of ur club??
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by olanshi: 4:30am On Aug 12, 2015
Gbese re ooo

Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by arsetalks(m): 11:42am On Aug 12, 2015
Stanbic fada.
Re: StanbicIBTC Bank Mocks Arsenal Fans by daresimon(m): 12:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Ntooor ... tongue

Let me go and open 3 accounts with them self grin

Hun
With which bank?
I piry u o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Appreciates Against Dollar / Residents Loot Next Cash & Carry, As The Store Burns (Video) / Fatima Indimi Fights Sister, Hauwa For Wedding Ex Boyfriend, Abubakar Yar’Adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.