Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,553 members, 7,823,440 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

I Remain 'Party-Less' - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain 'Party-Less' - Obasanjo (705 Views)

I Remain Committed To Opposing The Buhari administration And APC- Fani Kayode / I Remain Resolute, Unintimidated, Says Fayose / I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remain 'Party-Less' - Obasanjo by tayebest(m): 10:43am On Aug 11, 2015
Six months after leaving the PDP, former president and ex-chairman of the party’s Board of Trustees, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday said he remained a “partyless” Nigerian and would continue to carry the toga of a statesman.

Obasanjo who hosted a delegation from Kogi State led by Governor Idris Wada at his Abeokuta residence, said despite not playing active partisan politics anymore, he would continue to work with any Nigerian with capability of good intention and leadership traits.

The former president said, “Everybody is welcome. But, they must be with good leadership traits, with genuine intention to improve the country”.

He noted that contrary to the praises being showered on him for his performance as president, it was important to emphasize that personality comes before the platform one represents to achieve desired goals.

“We should understand first that, not the party made the person, but the person makes the party. It is who you are that you bring into the party. Though for now I remain a “party less” Nigerian, I will continue to welcome any Nigerian with good leadership qualities.

“It does not matter which party you are, either, PDP, APC, Labour, APGA any party at all, as long as you are a committed, sincere and a purposeful leader, I am ready for you. And that is what our brother is doing. I pray that this country will never be short of this type of people,” Obasanjo said.

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/obasanjo-i-remain-party-less/105838.html

Re: I Remain 'Party-Less' - Obasanjo by tayebest(m): 10:44am On Aug 11, 2015
lalasticlala
Re: I Remain 'Party-Less' - Obasanjo by boujaye: 10:45am On Aug 11, 2015
Tell OBJ to take seat and watch only. seed of discord sower
Re: I Remain 'Party-Less' - Obasanjo by Samexdx(m): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2015
Good
Re: I Remain 'Party-Less' - Obasanjo by IYADARA(f): 11:00am On Aug 11, 2015
angry
Re: I Remain 'Party-Less' - Obasanjo by tayebest(m): 11:05am On Aug 11, 2015
boujaye:
Tell OBJ to take seat and watch only. seed of discord sower

Let baba take a seat to teach some kids politics!

May you live long sir

(1) (Reply)

Yorubas Respect Your Selves / Imo State Economy Flourishing With Abroad Remittances / N1tn Petition: PDP Senate Rumbles, Disagree Over Lamorde Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.