Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff (11557 Views)

Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha / Profile Of Uche Secondus, PDP National Chairman AKA The “Total Chairman” / I Remain PDP Chair, Sheriff Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by TheFreeOne: 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff purportedly removed as National Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the party’s convention in PortHarcourt recently, on Monday said he remained the party’s chairman.

He told newsmen at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja that he would remain in that position until 2018 except he was removed by the court.

Sheriff, who was said to have just returned from a foreign trip, had earlier on Monday been denied access into the party’s secretariat by policemen.

He said that he had watched events as they unfolded after the PortHarcourt convention, which he recalled that he suspended in obedience to a court order.

According to him, the court ordered that nobody should be elected into the offices of National Chairman, Secretary and Auditor at the convention.

Sheriff described the Sen. Ahmed Makarfi-led National Caretaker Committee constituted at the convention as “omnibus body” saying that it was not in PDP’s Constitution.

“I remain the authentic national chairman of PDP until 2018 unless the court of our land said I should cease to be, which I will obey.

“But, as of today till 2018, I, Ali Modu Sheriff, is the National Chairman of PDP,” he said.He said that if Makarfi was interested in becoming the party’s chairman, he should wait for a national convention and contest.

“Ali Modu Sheriff did not want to be chairman; they begged me to be. All of them came to beg me,” he said.Sheriff disclosed that when policemen stopped him from entering the party’s secretariat in the morning, he went to the Inspector-General of Police, who ordered his men to allow him in.

“Now that the police have handed over the security of the secretariat to the party, I will be coming everyday as the authentic chairman of the party,” he said.

He announced that Sen. Hope Uzordima was Chairman, Screening Committee for the party’s primaries for the Sept. 10 governorship election in Edo.

“We have also asked interested candidates to come and buy their forms for the primaries from Tuesday.”We are not selling the form for N16 million that people are talking about. We are selling it for N10 million,” Sheriff said.

On the fate of the National Working Committee (NWC) members who handed over to Makarfi, he said that a letter would be written to their deputies to take over if they failed to resume on Tuesday.

“All the deputies are waiting; any NWC member that refuses to resume tomorrow, his deputy will take over.”Sheriff, who claimed that he was working with every organ of the party, said that he was ready to work with every party member, including Makarfi and his committee members.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Sheriff was in company with National Secretary of the party, Prof. Adewale Oladipo, and a former political aide to former President Goodlucj Jonathan, Alhaji Ahmed Gulak.

http://m.guardian.ng/features/policy-a-politics/i-remain-pdp-national-chairman-till-2018-sheriff/

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by AwesomeDuru(m): 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
How is this news?
Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by TheFreeOne: 9:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
I thought it's only APC that's synonymous with one chance but they way I am seeing this PDP now ehn.

Is it PDP that entered Sheriff one chance or otherwise?

Nairaland PDP & Barcanista what sayest thou on this "overtake don overtake overtake"

7 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by MrCow(m): 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
TheFreeOne:
Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff purportedly removed as National Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the party’s convention in PortHarcourt recently, on Monday said he remained the party’s chairman.
He told newsmen at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja that he would remain in that position until 2018 except he was removed by the court.
Sheriff, who was said to have just returned from a foreign trip, had earlier on Monday been denied access into the party’s secretariat by policemen.
He said that he had watched events as they unfolded after the PortHarcourt convention, which he recalled that he suspended in obedience to a court order.
According to him, the court ordered that nobody should be elected into the offices of National Chairman, Secretary and Auditor at the convention.
Sheriff described the Sen. Ahmed Makarfi-led National Caretaker Committee constituted at the convention as “omnibus body” saying that it was not in PDP’s Constitution.
“I remain the authentic national chairman of PDP until 2018 unless the court of our land said I should cease to be, which I will obey.
“But, as of today till 2018, I, Ali Modu Sheriff, is the National Chairman of PDP,” he said.He said that if Makarfi was interested in becoming the party’s chairman, he should wait for a national convention and contest.
“Ali Modu Sheriff did not want to be chairman; they begged me to be. All of them came to beg me,” he said.Sheriff disclosed that when policemen stopped him from entering the party’s secretariat in the morning, he went to the Inspector-General of Police, who ordered his men to allow him in.
“Now that the police have handed over the security of the secretariat to the party, I will be coming everyday as the authentic chairman of the party,” he said.
He announced that Sen. Hope Uzordima was Chairman, Screening Committee for the party’s primaries for the Sept. 10 governorship election in Edo.
“We have also asked interested candidates to come and buy their forms for the primaries from Tuesday.”We are not selling the form for N16 million that people are talking about. We are selling it for N10 million,” Sheriff said.
On the fate of the National Working Committee (NWC) members who handed over to Makarfi, he said that a letter would be written to their deputies to take over if they failed to resume on Tuesday.
“All the deputies are waiting; any NWC member that refuses to resume tomorrow, his deputy will take over.”Sheriff, who claimed that he was working with every organ of the party, said that he was ready to work with every party member, including Makarfi and his committee members.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Sheriff was in company with National Secretary of the party, Prof. Adewale Oladipo, and a former political aide to former President Goodlucj Jonathan, Alhaji Ahmed Gulak.
http://m.guardian.ng/features/policy-a-politics/i-remain-pdp-national-chairman-till-2018-sheriff/

A house divided against itself cannot stand. PDP should get themselves back and form a good opposition. Moreover sheriff is living in illusion

7 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by Tokt: 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista, any redemption? grin

4 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by shukuokukobambi: 10:13pm On Jun 13, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy

How do you solve a problem like Ali Modu Sheriff? cheesy

Wike, Fayose and Ekwueremadu don buy market for PDP cheesy

31 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by TheFreeOne: 11:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
shukuokukobambi:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

How do you solve a problem like Ali Modu Sheriff? cheesy

Wike, Fayose and Ekwueremadu don buy market for PDP cheesy

The handshake offered to Sheriff by those guys is now beyond the elbow to become a grip grin

21 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by babdap: 11:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
Party of commotion.

1 Like

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by designking: 11:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
correct move!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 14, 2016
Sheriff is really poised to slug it out with anyone. No one would be treated so treacherously and just move on without putting up a fight. I only wish he could see the futility of his actions. He just can't foist himself on the party.

16 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by megama: 1:55am On Jun 14, 2016
TheFreeOne:

aradite rubbish, am getting interested in this sheriff, abi ba him own the party?! cry
Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by mysteriousman(m): 5:10am On Jun 14, 2016
It is a Ghen Ghen! See me see trouble Yanga dey sleep trouble go wake, shey them go beg the guy to come run their party and he is officially going to run them down. Watch Wike, fayose and ekweremadu become toothless around this guy

3 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by dustmalik: 6:31am On Jun 14, 2016
There is no one in PDP of today that can successfully fight SAS and win him. He is going to be the chairman whether they like it or not.

16 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by Caseless: 6:32am On Jun 14, 2016
Modu sherrif, we love you! cool cool

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 14, 2016
Shege Shariff. Hmmm, Few Maiduguri man o. Them no wan to the play second fible abi na fable at all. 2018 go soon come dan gidan ka.

2 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by waledeji(m): 7:27am On Jun 14, 2016
abuayman:
Shege Shariff. Hmmm, Few Maiduguri man o. Them no wan to the play second fible abi na fable at all. 2018 go soon come dan gidan ka.
Awusa turenci grin grin grin
Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by McKc22(m): 7:52am On Jun 14, 2016
Following
Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by Pyno30: 7:54am On Jun 14, 2016
Once a Thug always a Thug. Boko Haram chairmanship.

1 Like

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by menacetosociety: 7:54am On Jun 14, 2016
This guy Modu na confirm IPOB angry

1 Like

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by omolola15(m): 7:54am On Jun 14, 2016
Kontinu like this and you'll win come 2019. Mumu people. Small time now they'll go and form another party.

After the last election, they are supposed to restructure and form a credible opposition come 2019, one year later they are yet to get their bearings.

2 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 14, 2016
I always knew this man is working 4 APC ,he wants 2 destabilize PDP . Shebi they said he would spend 90 days in office

6 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by oloworulz(m): 7:56am On Jun 14, 2016
yes. nice one sheriff. we apc are solidly behind u. time to upgrade pdp

4 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by Inioluwa01(m): 7:56am On Jun 14, 2016
Thank you PDP for providing me with good comic relief day after day. There may be no PDP again by the time it's 2019. A house divided against itself.

7 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by Pyno30: 7:56am On Jun 14, 2016
Caseless:
Modu sherrif, we love you! cool cool
you love him for being a boko haram chairman?

1 Like

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by Zabilon007(m): 7:57am On Jun 14, 2016
Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by Megaideas(f): 7:58am On Jun 14, 2016
Stupid man
Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by Pyno30: 7:58am On Jun 14, 2016
oloworulz:
yes. nice one sheriff. we apc are solidly behind u. time to upgrade pdp
why not wait untill he start hearing only Drum Beats in his Ear? By then you will solidly be before him and nd behind him
Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by JingoOAU(m): 7:59am On Jun 14, 2016
You can even continue frm 2018 and beyond...who hold u

1 Like

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by QuotaSystem: 8:00am On Jun 14, 2016
No roadblocks sir... we are solidly behind you

All hail the saviour of the PDP.

7 Likes

Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by truthspeaks: 8:01am On Jun 14, 2016
PDP don buy job
Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by anonimi: 8:01am On Jun 14, 2016
Is this Buhari/APC mole a joker out to destroy the opposition party to the NON-performing federal administration
Can he be in charge of a group of people that clearly don't want him?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3610120_12983234102092445645401203333400587551889473o_jpegdf7c52823558f5063ae4d91aeff321b5
Re: I Remain PDP National Chairman Till 2018 – Sheriff by hazyfm: 8:06am On Jun 14, 2016
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Cross River (Photos) / Speakership: I’ll Never Step Down For Gbajabiamila, Says House Member / 2023: PDP Fixes Presidential Primary Poll For May 28

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.