Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,544 members, 7,837,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) (3979 Views)

Driver Charged Over Driving Car With a Set of Pliers!! / 12 Ways To Stop A Car With Faulty Brakes / Car With 3 Tyres Spotted In Sango Ogun State. Photos And Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by cardoctor(m): 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
With the current spate of cars disappearing from where you parked it to drivers or car mechanics taking your car for a joy ride as well as friends borrowing your car for a quick errand only to turn up hours later with one excuse or the other, a simple solution is at hand.

Furthermore, here in Nigeria, its quite common to hear that the car you dropped off at the mechanic or panel beater for repairs has ended up wrecked in an accident at night miles away from his workshop and the driver nowhere to be found.

This simple tracker easily fits into your palm and can be placed discreetly anywhere within the vehicle. It can immediately give you an exact pinpoint of your car's location anywhere on this planet either in map or satelite picture format. It could also indicate the speed at which the vehicle is travelling or if outside a set geo-fence.

You could also set it to monitor any conversation within earshot of the inbuilt microphone. Other features include a micro SD card slot to record all geographical locations of your vehicle at a set time interval.

No sign-up is required or expensive periodic contracts apart from registering a GSM sim card on any network. It also has the possibilities of overriding and switching to GPRS function where GSM networks are not available.

Although it comes with two lithium-ion batteries that have a standby time of 5 days if charging power is disconnected. It can be charged continuously from the car battery with any mobile phone car charger that has a USB port.

I have one of these fitted to my car in a secret compartment under the dashboard and I can instantly call up references of my car's GPS location via a text message which I can instantly download to see my car's precise location on any map application on my android phone or PC.

My driver once took my car out to have it refuelled during the recent fuel scarcity here in Abuja. He quickly got the car refuelled and decided to head home to where he lives in Kabusa. After several hours of waiting, he cleverly called to let me know that he is still on the queue with about ten cars to go before he gets served and that there was an earlier delay in the discharging of the fuel at the station. Hmmmm.

On his return, he was in shock when I told him the time he left the station and where he went afterwards. He is so scared of me now thinking that my "Juju" must be out of this world.

I must state that it doesn't shut down the car like other more expensive systems but I don't really care because most car thieves usually vandalise or burn stolen vehicles when they discover that a device was fitted and the vehicle shut down in their bid to escape. All I really should want to know is where my car is and arrange for it to be recovered.
Price is N15k.
If you'd like to get one, call me on 08122711058.

3 Likes

Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by gulfer: 10:56am On Aug 12, 2015
@CarDoctor, how much to get this please?
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by lonelydora: 11:50am On Aug 12, 2015
I will call you when I'm a little bit free. Nice one.
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by eromspete(m): 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
How frequent do you get location updates from the device. Is that something you can preset?

Pls tell. I have no idea right now
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by cardoctor(m): 3:45pm On Aug 12, 2015
eromspete:
How frequent do you get location updates from the device. Is that something you can preset?

Pls tell. I have no idea right now

Yes but SMS credit on the device will be quickly exhausted as the messages sent by the device will be unnecessarily frequent.
What I normally do is simply dial or send an SMS to the device and it will immediately reply with a text message of my car's location.

You can also preset the device to record location data at any selected time interval on the SD card which you can remove and insert into a reading device such as a PC or android phone and it will show all locations that were recorded while it's in operation.
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by mexxy1(m): 6:22pm On Aug 12, 2015
Nice one. But, do well to state the price here. Thanks.
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by mejai(m): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2015
mexxy1:
Nice one. But, do well to state the price here. Thanks.
Exactly! And lagos contac if need be. We r waiting.
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by Buhari1(m): 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
I just got this tracker today from car doctor and its amazing. Just as described in the write up. Highly recommended.

Thumbs up car doctor. That's why I love NAIRALAND. grin grin grin
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by olenyi: 7:40am On Aug 13, 2015
@Op.

Do kindly state the price. We mustn't necessarily have to call to know the price.

Regards.
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by cardoctor(m): 9:43am On Aug 13, 2015
This post is not an advert. Its to share my experience with other nairalanders.

I paid N15k for it.
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by cardoctor(m): 10:03am On Aug 13, 2015
mejai:

Exactly! And lagos contac if need be. We r waiting.

Ok. If you are in Lagos call Francis on 08033278669.

Cardoctor
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by anochuks08(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2015
I have loads of this tracking device, alongside their hardwires for sale. My location is Enugu

If interested, call 07032801543

Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by anochuks08(m): 7:44am On Aug 14, 2015
More

Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by cardoctor(m): 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
olenyi:
@Op.

Do kindly state the price. We mustn't necessarily have to call to know the price.

Regards.

Ok
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by AutoCarTracker(m): 5:59am On Aug 15, 2015
Am seeing this type newly. Is it plug and just use? What if the snatcher throws it away? Will love to get this cheaper one if its more secured, guess it will be easier for me to install
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by chuka5000(m): 6:43am On Aug 15, 2015
anochuks08:
I have loads of this tracking device, alongside their hardwires for sale. My location is Enugu

If interested, call 07032801543

How much is yours
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by leadknight123(m): 6:48am On Aug 15, 2015
am interested in this for my taxi, am sure with this the driver would have less reasons to lie because I'll always catch him
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by anochuks08(m): 7:25am On Aug 15, 2015
chuka5000:

How much is yours
The tracker goes for 15k without the hardwire. With the hardwire, its 18k.

The hardwire is used in running a connection where the tracker continually charges itself, 247, all year round with the tracker hidden in any location of your car. (If I give you 24hrs, you wont find out where it is hidden in my car)

Its the cheapest so far and gives you precise location.
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by anochuks08(m): 7:31am On Aug 15, 2015
AutoCarTracker:
Am seeing this type newly. Is it plug and just use? What if the snatcher throws it away? Will love to get this cheaper one if its more secured, guess it will be easier for me to install
Its easier to install, any electrician can just do it. You can decide to charge its battery, turn it on and hide it in ur car, but the battery will run off within a day. You are adviced to use a hardwire and run a connection to charge the tracker and hide it anywhere you can that is not easily accessible (you can get a mechanic to take down your dashboard and you hide it there).

its the cheapest, I have been using it since February 2015 when I got my camry and have spent just N200
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by disloman(m): 7:38am On Aug 15, 2015
Installing trackers into Honda cars.It will damages ur ECU.

1 Like

Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2015
disloman:

Explain.

Total crap if it can't be explained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by FestacGirl(f): 11:05am On Aug 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Explain.

I doubt if its this kind of trackers, maybe it's does ones that automatically shut down the car when activated
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2015
FestacGirl:

I doubt if its this kind of trackers, maybe it's does ones that automatically shut down the car when activated

They have to explain what they mean.

Is it the radio frequency? Or gsm frequency? Or wrongly connected wiring?
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by disloman(m): 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Explain.

ECU is a programmed unit in a car which any external factor attached which is not initially programmed to work with it ,will damaged it.D tracker might b working but will at a stage develop a fault.We had a lot of issues with such fault n made complaints to Honda Japan.The recommendation is not to work trackers on Honda cars.This fault most common in CRV and Accord models.
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by disloman(m): 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

They have to explain what they mean.

Is it the radio frequency? Or gsm frequency? Or wrongly connected wiring?

Wrongly connected wiring is mostly d cause of ECU damaged.Wherever u want to connect d tracker,there must b an opening of wires n when such things occurred.There is a possibility of an electrical surge or sparks to occurs.
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by AutoCarTracker(m): 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2015
disloman:
Why? Just give a thoughtful reason on the connection of both? One day u will wake up and say installing a car dvd stereo system will damage ur ECU.
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by disloman(m): 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2015
AutoCarTracker:

Why? Just give a thoughtful reason on the connection of both? One day u will wake up and say installing a car dvd stereo system will damage ur ECU.
Hmmm.That's what u deserved from mi.
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by Positiveminds(m): 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
I want to sincerely say a big thanks to CarDoc. My Lexus Rx 300 was utterly going out of shape, after some Abuja mechanics had turned it to experimentation and learning ground. I had spent quite a substantial amount of money before, by God's direction, I contacted NL CarDoc. A diagnosis with his expensive tool read out a number of codes that indicated several problems with the car. In apparent consternation to me, he fixed my car in no time. Some parts in the car were changed, and before you know it, the car was like when I first bought it.Gentlemen and ladies, for your car issues CarDoc is the man to beat.

See some some part changed.

Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:09am On Aug 26, 2015
disloman:
Cardoctor! OGA GAZZUZZ Festacgirl! Anochuks08

Y are you shouting?
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by disloman(m): 12:32am On Aug 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Y are you shouting?
Sorry 4 that.I was trying to upload a pix concerning d track devices but d pix r not loading.Any inconveniences,I'm sorry.
Re: Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) by Nobody: 1:39am On Aug 26, 2015
y r you apologising like someone without or with low self esteem?

disloman:
Sorry 4 that.I was trying to upload a pix concerning d track devices but d pix r not loading.Any inconveniences,I'm sorry.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. / What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? / The P0748 Code Honda CRV.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.