Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

To Become A Video Editor - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / To Become A Video Editor (12750 Views)

Life As A Video Editor / Do you want to become a video editor??? Its EASY!!! / Talented Music Video Editor Needed (LAGOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Become A Video Editor by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 17, 2013
Cn I learn video editing on my own(as a graduate wey I be) or do I require trainings, mayb cus it is so complicated. Hv seen d specs abv, I gat a powerful laptop alrdy. I rili wnt to go into video editing. appreciate an answer pls.
Re: To Become A Video Editor by Ignatio(m): 2:09am On Oct 18, 2013
yungbeef: Cn I learn video editing on my own(as a graduate wey I be) or do I require trainings, mayb cus it is so complicated. Hv seen d specs abv, I gat a powerful laptop alrdy. I rili wnt to go into video editing. appreciate an answer pls.

You need training. It's not just about putting clips together.
If you can't get a teacher go for YouTube videos starting from the basics of whatever software you want to use.
Re: To Become A Video Editor by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 18, 2013
Thnks man. I cn also use manuals online abi? Do u do trainings? If yes add me up on bbm- 30bd32a5 or fb "charles yungbeef obi" so we cld talk better.
Re: To Become A Video Editor by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 18, 2013
I wld also like to get some video editing softwares today. Pls any idea of d ones I shld get and their price range? Thnks. Appreciate
Re: To Become A Video Editor by Ignatio(m): 9:08am On Oct 18, 2013
yungbeef: Thnks man. I cn also use manuals online abi? Do u do trainings? If yes add me up on bbm- 30bd32a5 or fb "charles yungbeef obi" so we cld talk better.

Yes, they'll help. I don't train.
Go for Adobe premiere cs 5 or cs 6. The price can range from 5k upwards. Depends on who you're getting it from. You can still get it less.
Re: To Become A Video Editor by potiglo: 11:23am On Oct 21, 2013
@ yungbeef, I love your determination man, how far have u started the training?.. I have also been trying to learn film editing on my own already installed adobe premier pro 2.0... But i have great change with the video format it acept and how to import video from my desktop...
Re: To Become A Video Editor by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
potiglo: @ yungbeef, I love your determination man, how far have u started the training?.. I have also been trying to learn film editing on my own already installed adobe premier pro 2.0... But i have great change with the video format it acept and how to import video from my desktop...
thnks man. I also got d same issues too. I tink it only accepts a particular file format (raw). Cald a couple of dudes to tutor me but d amnt dey were callin ws crazy. Sm1 evn said 15k for jst a day tutorial, and frm there I wld b on my own. So for nw I am learning photoshop.cs5. I shld b average level by nw. Stil lukin for a gud & affordable video editor tho.
Re: To Become A Video Editor by kingdavidG(m): 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
Am an available video editor. Whatsapp or Call me on 08036250220.
Re: To Become A Video Editor by dubuntu(m): 10:11am On Jan 13, 2018
hello fam!
I know this thread has gone cold but I just have a quick enquiry to make.
I want to go into video editing as a career. I plan to learn on my own using YouTube tutorials. hopefully after that I can get jobs somewhere to gain experience (sort of informal internship). these are just ideas I have in mind and I don't know how possible this will be.
so I'm throwing the question out here to those already in the field. what career path should I take and how possible will it be to implement my ideas mentioned above?
thanks in advance
Re: To Become A Video Editor by ezewealth(m): 7:29pm On May 16, 2019
dubuntu:
hello fam!
I know this thread has gone cold but I just have a quick enquiry to make.
I want to go into video editing as a career. I plan to learn on my own using YouTube tutorials. hopefully after that I can get jobs somewhere to gain experience (sort of informal internship). these are just ideas I have in mind and I don't know how possible this will be.
so I'm throwing the question out here to those already in the field. what career path should I take and how possible will it be to implement my ideas mentioned above?
thanks in advance
I am also new to video editing, where do u stay
Re: To Become A Video Editor by Peperpeelz(m): 4:46am On May 17, 2019
Romulus:
Hey just get yourself a blazing PC, a superbrite crystal clear high-res monitor (prefarably CRT for precision), good eyes and ADOBE PREMIERE PRO 1.5/2.0 which available on the internet (via bit-torrent) for free download (see zoozle.com) so don't spend tah-tah on any video editing software. Liquid Edition is also a good shot but the DON is Premiere!

GOOD LUCK!!!
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry

Waaaa gbayi ! no other editing software can compete with premierer pro and aftereffect ... you just need to be dedicated and ready to learn it’s kinda wide and fun than any other softwares

1 Like

Re: To Become A Video Editor by Xzellentgraphic: 9:27pm On May 17, 2019
The best software you can ever get for Video editing is premiere pro.....don't waste time on any other!!!
Re: To Become A Video Editor by Benjamin4388(m): 5:45pm On Apr 16
Seun:
You'll need a powerful personal computer and video editing software at least.

fund me...days just passing by
Re: To Become A Video Editor by anonymousthug(m): 8:26am On Apr 18
Ignore anyone that recommend any software that is not...

Premiere
After Effects
Davinci Resolve.

Also, editing takes time before you can master the craft, so be patient. Funny how I started with what I had back then until I decided to go Pro. All the best young lad

1 Like

Re: To Become A Video Editor by Navigator14: 8:58am On Apr 18
anonymousthug:
Ignore anyone that recommend any software that is not...

Premiere
After Effects
Davinci Resolve.

Also, editing takes time before you can master the craft, so be patient. Funny how I started with what I had back then until I decided to go Pro. All the best young lad

I emailed you bro.
Re: To Become A Video Editor by anonymousthug(m): 3:00pm On Apr 28
Navigator14:

I emailed you bro.

I didn't receive any

(1) (2) (Reply)

PROFESSIONAL FLYER, LOGO, DOCUMENT EDIT. CHECK HERE / U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! / Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.