Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,480 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant (28653 Views)

Stephanie Linus Stuns In Yellow Outfit For Movie Screening In Ghana / Don jazzy Reacts To Tiwa Savage’s Statement On Getting Pregnant Again (photos) / Genevieve Nnaji & Stephanie Linus Step Out In White: Who Rocked It Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by Goldienana(f): 8:38am On Aug 12, 2015
After all my tears of joy dis is all u gat to say...Thanks to God u r healthy. Still love u. But it can be a choice tho let's forget Africa mentality, it's never a law to just get pregnant immediately after marriage too.
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by MizzD: 8:38am On Aug 12, 2015
emperorchedda:
Oga some people intentionally delay child birth. Not everyone is in a haste to start shitting out babies

I for one will wait a couple of years before getting my wife pregnant, I want a marriage where I will still be seeing my wife as that single hot lady I dated

I don't understand Nigerians mehn. See them tearing her apart already and concluding she was having issues with pregnancy. To them once you get married, you must start procreating the following month.
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by kaima1984(f): 8:39am On Aug 12, 2015
Gwan2:
Stephenie (LIE)NUS are tryin to testify of Gods goodness in ur life after years of Childlessness..
Or you are tryin to take d glory by telling us dat it was an intentional act...so dat we wont tink you ever encountered any pregnancy plight??
Anyway Wishin u a successful delivery..Congrate
My dear dnt mind her,exactly wat my elder sis was saying wen d baby has not come,she was covering in d name of studying pharmacy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by MizzD: 8:41am On Aug 12, 2015
realDONmikel:
Heavily pregnant Nollywood Actress, Stephanie (Okereke) Linus revealed in a recent interview with Genevieve Magazine which she covered, why she waited 3 years after marriage before getting pregnant. In her own words, she said:

“Waiting this long to have a baby is a personal choice, and God ultimately decides. You have to be ready mentally and physically. I had a film I was shooting and I was travelling a lot to, My movie is out now, and I cannot even promote it across Africa like I wanted to, because am stuck in one place.”

It’s also Gods timing, neither my husband nor I were pressurized. I feel this is the right time for it to happen. Right after we got married, I was on set shooting. but this year is different. It’s the perfect year for me to get pregnant.”
source: http://www.lagoslately.com/stephanie-linus-why-i-waited-3-years-after-marriage-before-getting-pregnant/

God simply blessed her at the time she wanted it and she acknowledged it.
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by Babe2sure(f): 8:54am On Aug 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Well...

1.She did say it was due to the demands of her job. Many ladies delay having kids because of that reason. Also....some professions too ask you to delay pregnancy.(Heard of a lady who wanted to take an air attendant job....and was told that she should not get pregnant for one year. Said lady had just gotten married).

2.Also....sometimes it does not happen immediately.

I know some ladies delay getting pregnant, due to one reason or the other, ranging from demand of job, doctor advices e.t.c

She cannot do fairytale wedding and her husband will wait for 3years because of her job. 3 good years? I find it hard to believe!

I believe she had delay. You don't expect her to say that in public, do you? She has to be diplomatic about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by ireneidiva(f): 9:09am On Aug 12, 2015
Gwan2:
Stephenie (LIE)NUS are tryin to testify of Gods goodness in ur life after years of Childlessness..
Or you are tryin to take d glory by telling us dat it was an intentional act...so dat we wont tink you ever encountered any pregnancy plight??
Abegi! People use family planning method! Relax! You can plan pregnancy! She is nt taking the glory of God!!
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by whitestar01(m): 9:21am On Aug 12, 2015
who even asked you or must u tell de public? for what na? if it's ur business or plight that shouldn't bother to let us know .
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by mbulela: 9:22am On Aug 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Well...

1.She did say it was due to the demands of her job. Many ladies delay having kids because of that reason. Also....some professions too ask you to delay pregnancy.(Heard of a lady who wanted to take an air attendant job....and was told that she should not get pregnant for one year. Said lady had just gotten married).

2.Also....sometimes it does not happen immediately.

Your two points contradict each other.
More importantly, she is not important enough for us to be bothered. If she born no be for she and her husband? Abi the pickin na public property?
These naija stars overrated there importance.
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by mbulela: 9:24am On Aug 12, 2015
MizzD:

I don't understand Nigerians mehn. See them tearing her apart already and concluding she was having issues with pregnancy. To them once you get married, you must start procreating the following month.
She invited the tearing by her over sharing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by Gwan2(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2015
ireneidiva:

Abegi! People use family planning method! Relax! You can plan pregnancy! She is nt taking the glory of God!!
Family planning comes in handy after ur first issue...bt planning without any issue on ground is weird..xpecially in our African Setting wer all eyez will be on u after 9months of marriage..
Anywy nt my bizness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 12, 2015
na for ur pocket
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by darlenese(f): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2015
LINUS is derived from two words, LIE and ANUS = LINUS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by ireneidiva(f): 9:53am On Aug 12, 2015
Gwan2:

Family planning comes in handy after ur first issue...bt planning without any issue on ground is weird..xpecially in our African Setting wer all eyez will be on u after 9months of marriage..
Anywy nt my bizness
Its not weird. This your 'African mentality' badly needs to change. And yeah its actually not your biz.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by Hop4ALL: 9:58am On Aug 12, 2015
justi4jesu:

Who wan tie you undecided
pple like u go send dia wife packing if dey neva get bele b4 3month,so mr close ur mouth lipsrsealed
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by blecele: 10:00am On Aug 12, 2015
My most admirable actress in Nigeria, your are truly beautiful, decent and humble. I have never see you dressing indecently. May God grant you a safe delivery and may your marriage be pleasing to God. I love you my angle.
realDONmikel:
Heavily pregnant Nollywood Actress, Stephanie (Okereke) Linus revealed in a recent interview with Genevieve Magazine which she covered, why she waited 3 years after marriage before getting pregnant. In her own words, she said:

“Waiting this long to have a baby is a personal choice, and God ultimately decides. You have to be ready mentally and physically. I had a film I was shooting and I was travelling a lot to, My movie is out now, and I cannot even promote it across Africa like I wanted to, because am stuck in one place.”

“It’s also Gods timing, neither my husband nor I were pressurized. I feel this is the right time for it to happen. Right after we got married, I was on set shooting. but this year is different. It’s the perfect year for me to get pregnant.”
source: http://www.lagoslately.com/stephanie-linus-why-i-waited-3-years-after-marriage-before-getting-pregnant/
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by nikkiking(m): 10:07am On Aug 12, 2015
greatness22:
Mehn, mr Linus try sha!

To wait 3yrs nor be joke oh. Stephanie get luck say her mother-inlaw nor be Patience Ozorkwo. grin
grin grin grin U don talk am finished. She for don pack ha kia go filming location. Make ha son marry anoda babe grin
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by greatness22(m): 10:25am On Aug 12, 2015
nikkiking:
grin grin grin U don talk am finished. She for don pack ha kia go filming location. Make ha son marry anoda babe grin
Trust patience ozokwor, she nor dey use her biological son nd her grand children play irrespective of her daughter in-law career, influence or family background... patience ozorkwo is d true definition of a true African mother in-law

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 12, 2015
Stephanie you do well to give little exaplanation. If i were you, i wouldn't give any reason at all because my family decisions are my business and no one else's. The interviewer should go to the poverty stricken areas and ask those dumb poor people why they give birth to dozens of children when they know they are are not financially responsible to take good care of them. Somebody decided to lay a solid financial foundation for herself before thinking of bringing a kid into the world and they are asking her stuuuupid questions. shior!
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by sunsewa: 11:41am On Aug 12, 2015
Babe2sure:
Believe what she said and you will believe anything.undecided

Congrats to her.

ls only a child or a slow poke will believe her,after farming the next is harvesting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by MegMich(m): 11:42am On Aug 12, 2015
realDONmikel:

“It’s also Gods timing, neither my husband nor I were pressurized. I feel this is the right time for it to happen. Right after we got married, I was on set shooting. but this year is different. It’s the perfect year for me to get pregnant.”

Every crap making front page
How is this supposed to affect me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by julius2825(m): 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
I posted a link earlier, and we where far behind, but now we are leading, thanks to those who have voted. if you are just seeing this, a foundation that has been giving employment to unemployed youths in Nigeria have been nominated by the UN for an award, the group is leading now and other groups are in pursuit so Nairalanders 'west African vocational education ' wave is still seeking your vote, click on the link and scroll down and click on west African vocational education wave and then vote, make a Nairalander proud, make a Nigerian proud, vote! http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=55c24da2e4b0e200525f890b
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by Nickymezor(f): 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
greatness22:
Mehn, mr Linus try sha!

To wait 3yrs nor be joke oh. Stephanie get luck say her mother-inlaw nor be Patience Ozorkwo. grin
Hahaha....bro u no well oo. Mama G no be bad persin fr real life ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by julietchic(f): 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
Y are u lying woman? Give God Glory for what he has done.

If God finally blessed me with Child, I will testify to everyone .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by femi4: 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
Joavid:
I've always hated that having a baby 9months after marriage thing.

How do those married folks cope when the first 9months of marriage You struggling with morning sickness, fat-ness, and everything that comes with pregnancy instead enjoying your marriage and been just the 2 of you.

Like, chill guys. We are already married, let's have the baby when we are 100% ready to.

It comes with its own advantages. You can't tell a 40yr old man or a woman close to menopause to wait for years before having kids. Parenting and providing for family's need is done best when the bones are still strong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by femi4: 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2015
julietchic:
Y are u lying woman?
Give God Glory for what he has done.

If God finally blessed me with Child, I will testify to everyone .
Don't worry, your baby cometh soon

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
greatness22:
Mehn, mr Linus try sha!

Even a monster Mother-in-law cannot but respect a DIL who has held her own.

#teamStephanie #teamAlphafemale
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by double0seven(m): 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
Gwan2:
Stephenie (LIE)NUS are u tryin to testify of Gods goodness in ur life after years of Childlessness..

In fact i don't understand the woman. Why not just thank God for his gift and allow people rejoice and be happy with you.

Her story is definitely a lie. Only a novice will believe thus to be the truth.

First if all, she did a fairy tale wedding, and you telling me the husband will now agree to wait for three years before having a child for the the reason of Business. American celebrities busier than her have had babies.

Then, if to she got married in her early twenties and husband was equally very young, family planning would still be a believable story.

Stephanie must must be closer to 40 than 35; at the very best in between, like 37. And the husband must probably at least 40 now.

And you now say you decide to wait for 3 years. And how would you know it would come immediately after that three once you stop.

I beg, she doesn't need all this unnecessary whatever. She should just thank God that she's pregnant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by greatness22(m): 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
Nickymezor:
Hahaha....bro u no well oo. Mama G no be bad persin fr real life ooo
Aunty Nickymezor, i jst dey joke... D woman don dash me 5k jst because i sing one of her music vry well. But to be sincere, if sumbody like her nah ur mother in-law, how will u feel? grin
Re: Stephanie Linus: Why I Waited 3 Years After Marriage Before Getting Pregnant by Nickymezor(f): 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
greatness22:
Aunty Nickymezor, i jst dey joke... D woman don dash me 5k jst because i sing one of her music vry well. But to be sincere, if sumbody like her nah ur mother in-law, how will u feel? grin
Hmmmmm, well nt bad... d woman has a daughter-inlaw by d way...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

''Free Naira Marley'' - Davido And Yung6ix Tell EFCC / BBNaija Ex-Housemates Stun At Cross River At 50 (Photos) / Damilola Adegbite To Next Husband: Your Bride List Will Be Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.