Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,638 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits (18668 Views)

Reps Summon Magu, Emefiele, Peterside, Over Alleged Stolen $17bn Oil Proceeds / Senate Summons Adeosun, Emefiele Over State Of Economy / Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by stanzy60: 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
the policy is mearnt for the rich
Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by samofson: 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
Nothing confusing about the policy ...they want to be spoon fed and want us to feel their importance. These guys need to do their own research abeg. The CBN Governor has more pressing issues than to be a kindergarten teacher for these economic toddlers.

The policy may seem harsh but until there are other ways to help curb the fall of the Naira we just need to bear with it in the interim.

CBN however needs to release an idiots guide for this policy cause some banks seem not fully understand how to utilize this policy.

The government needs to issue a state of emergency on our economy and stop trying to cover sh1t with icing sugar.

They should come out and confirm what we all know.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by laserjet: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2015
kenny987:

Thank you! I was just going to point out same thing. The way the issue of corruption is being bandied around in this country today makes it difficult for people to realise that there are legitimate businesses and concerns which must thrive. They won't and shouldn't be allowed to collapse because we are fighting corruption!

Nigeria is not an island, other countries and business counterparts are busy too. It is this private sector, properly harnessed and regulated that will bring about the growth and diversity in our economy as is so desired.

Helloooo.....this is not about fighting corruption as misinterpreted by u. It is about taking measures to avoid total collapse of the naira. The alarming rate at which dollar flows in the country even makes one to wonder if dollar is our local currency.

I just feel there should be a limit to the deposit contrary to the CBN policy that said 'any'.
Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by Omotayor123(f): 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2015
vivaciousvivi:

Abeg shift for me, let me join you to observe. cheesy But come, does Ugwu grow on trees?
Na so I see am oooo grin
Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by Adesiji77: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
See as you cool down, explain am for them but they won't understand.

cheesy grin
Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by dipotepede(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2015
This is the kind of News that discourages me about our politicians - the CBN governor is working really hard to strengthen the Naira - they are summoning him to teach them what a year 2 Economics student can explain to them. Let them appropriate their budget and powers formulate bills to solve real issues facing the country.

Even the language they are using "my brother" as if they are there for their brother rather than the country.

My dear law makers, you do not need dollars to pay your international bills hence the policy

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by Adesiji77: 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
kennygee:

The CBN is our problem in this country.

How?
Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by PenSniper: 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
This CBN man has to be the worst and most confused one in the history of CBN governor

Yes, the worst CBN governor to crooks and money launderers who have dollarised our economy
thuscshooting down the naira.
Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by kenny987(f): 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
laserjet:

Helloooo.....this is not about fighting corruption as misinterpreted by u. It is about taking measures to avoid total collapse of the naira. The alarming rate at which dollar flows in the country even makes one to wonder if dollar is our local currency.

I just feel there should be a limit to the deposit contrary to the CBN policy that said 'any'.

muh4lyf:
It's not about corruption rather than the strenght of naira to dollar... Lots of business are thriving cos of this which is very bad for our currency... Note: if Nigeria would be better we all have to make sacrifice...

My post was in reference to people that said the Senators were worried because the policy would affect dollars with which they steal our money. That's where the corruption theme came from. I wasn't responding directly to the op but rather to these posts below that put the 'corruption' spin on the request of the HoR for the CBN Governor to explain the current policy. If you'd followed the comments you would have understood what informed my post.

BashMe1:
Hehehe, Life will be difficult 4 dem not 2 steal in dollars. Thieves!!!

nnachukz:
I can feel their frustration. The hard currencies they easily loot our money in, can no longer be accepted in the bank for onward transfer to foreign hidden accounts.
Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by IdJack(m): 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
O boi...WHAT DOES this your comment as to do with the topic above?

realGURU:
The days of using free domain names, sub domain and enpensive domain names are over, the days of relying entirely on godaddy coupon to get cheap domain name for your website are gone, the days of using some sort of code and coding from proxy website to get cheap domain are gone, the days of using intermediate gurus to get domain for your blog are gone.
Just walk into any branch of your bank here in nigeria, get an ATM card , yes ATM card with a mastercard or visa logo.
Get a cheap domain name for a complete year registration for less than a dollar.
Get a .com top level domain name for only $0.99 per year with 1&1dotcom. A top and trusted internet domain registrar.
Click my signature to get access..

Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by baralatie(m): 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2015
honourhim:
Let him come and explain. Does it cost money to do that? If you say you understand the policy as a Rep. does other Nigerians understand it? Dont stop others from understanding what you already understood.
Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by musicwriter(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
Normally, we should have nothing to do with cash dollars in Nigeria, as it's done in many other climes. If you wanted to transact in dollar, all you need do is go to your bank, fill a form to transfer dollar, provide legitimate reason for transfer, and your bank will do the transfer for you. Citizens aside the USA, shouldn't go hoardding cash dollars.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by Smooyis(m): 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
Bevista:
It is rather unfortunate that the Honorable members do not understand the Central Bank policy. The Bank has not stopped legitimate foreign transfers like payment for school fees, medical bills, etc. What the bank has simply stopped is the dumping of physical dollars (cash) in the banking system.

If one needs to pay for anything abroad, just go to your bank and you will be issued with Form A or Form M for you to fill. Once you are done, the bank will tell you the prevailing exchange rate, which you will then pay in Naira and the bank will make the transfer for you in dollars.

The problem is that there is so much 'dollarization' of the economy. The CBN policy will force those who have Cash Dollars to proceed to the parallel market to exchange them for Naira thereby leading to a strengthening of the Naira in that market. The policy will also check illicit inflows and money laundering.

Your explanation is the most comprehensive I have read since this issue came up.
Me think you should even go with the CBN governor to the National assembly , because the man may end up speaking big big grammar when he gets there.
Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by Dikechigozie: 6:17pm On Aug 12, 2015
I have a job order that is about expiring,I cannot transfer money to my supplier outside the country.
My family is starving.
what sort of policy is this that had to affect genuine business men.
This buhari is confused.
Nigeria is an import dependent nation and as such to much naija is pursuing the available forex thus the rise in exchange rate in obedience to law of demand and supply.
The way out is industrialisation not total short down of the economy. This is the risk of voting illiterate as president.
someone that had F9 in mathematics
Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by bennethuche: 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2015
Adesiji77:

Thumbs up!
Cc: bjdon, kenny987
thanks for the clarification
Re: Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits by unmask: 4:27am On Aug 13, 2015
Can't they go and read? Or do they think they are paid to sit down

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gani Adams: Fulanis Not Our Problem, But Yoruba Traitors / Tribunal: Atiku Heads To Supreme Court, Says We Got Judgement, Not Justice / Bamidele Salam Kicks Against N37 Billion Budget For NASS Renovation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.