Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex (76055 Views)

FG Lifts Ban On 41 Imported Items / CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs / List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by Ola64(m): 10:13am On Aug 12, 2015
As a matter of fact, do we really need to import those banned items? How do we allow home based industries to grow when we import even toothpicks?

4 Likes

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by Eboski(m): 10:13am On Aug 12, 2015
Good move I love the ideal
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by BlayzinB(m): 10:13am On Aug 12, 2015
. .
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by PassingShot(m): 10:13am On Aug 12, 2015
A good opportunity for some business minded people to start producing some of those stuffs locally.

E.G toothpick, sardines, margarines, textile, etc.

2 Likes

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by nymphomaniac(m): 10:14am On Aug 12, 2015
90 percent of people who commented above me don't understand what the op posted and it's effect on the economy.
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by NDprudent(m): 10:15am On Aug 12, 2015
Toothpick??
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by alfakoro1(m): 10:15am On Aug 12, 2015
Will dangote allow u. All na Jones. We Don hia all dis ban since.

2 Likes

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by nymphomaniac(m): 10:15am On Aug 12, 2015
PassingShot:
A good opportunity for some business minded people to start producing some of those stuffs locally.

E.G toothpick, sardines, margarines, textile, etc.
sorry o but I can't eat made in Nigeria sardine. Some things are not just meant to be produced in Nigeria. Our hygienic standards have to Improve

1 Like

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by fxsly: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2015
isorite
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by Adeyinka12(m): 10:18am On Aug 12, 2015
I hope this will not make imported goods high in price
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by free2ryhme: 10:19am On Aug 12, 2015
This will help boost local production and encourage local content
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by bayulll01(m): 10:20am On Aug 12, 2015
nymphomaniac:
sorry o but I can't eat made in Nigeria sardine. Some things are not just meant to be produced in Nigeria. Our hygienic standards have to Improve

You are one of the most fooliish person on earth,somethings are not meant to be produced in this country,is it not better to stf if u gat nothing meaningful to say,this indomie kids on Nl self

2 Likes

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by exlink10(m): 10:20am On Aug 12, 2015
wat is the wisdom in dis?
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by VickyRotex(f): 10:20am On Aug 12, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Them dey import Vegetables again!!!! shocked

You think sey na only African Spinach be vegetables grin
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by jsea(m): 10:21am On Aug 12, 2015
Toothpick...........but why on earth should we import stupid things?? even the Turkey if u see how its being preserved.............My God All we want is the "FAST CHANGE"

1 Like

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by 400billionman: 10:23am On Aug 12, 2015
Good step.

Right direction..
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by gurunlocker: 10:25am On Aug 12, 2015
and this will bring about rise in commodities price.... in this harsh economy?

1 Like

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by sleek2tap: 10:25am On Aug 12, 2015
I will say a welcome development. Time to sharpen my agricultural know-how

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by Touchforfree(m): 10:27am On Aug 12, 2015
Mistermamus:
diz country sef na everything dem must import Nigerians sef

Even toothpick.

What a country !.....
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by taiwoliu(m): 10:28am On Aug 12, 2015
kwaraguy:
Lemme check the list

Modified: Let an economist explain the implication maybe it's positive or negative
Ernie, abeg come help ooo
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by kiowy(m): 10:28am On Aug 12, 2015
Alrai
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by Jeanpierrec007(m): 10:29am On Aug 12, 2015
CBN should start buy building industries to match the same quantity of those imported items listed above. Placing them on ban is not the solution to the problem.

2 Likes

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by efilefun(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2015
chesterlee:
Buhari wants to destroy this country!
You no get brain at all, your brain should have informed you banning this items which can be easily produced in Nigeria will further strengthen the economy.
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by PassingShot(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2015
nymphomaniac:
You never see branding and packaging! You go don eat am finish b4 you go know sef!
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by Osisie(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2015
tkcosby02:
Am sure the only thing we dont import in Nigeria is citizenship. Our politicians, profs, royal fathers are all imported. So its not surprising we are importing meat, fish, tootpick, even peppe and tomatoes.... Meanwhile the poster above me stole my portion, meet me in the supreme court, im suing you for unlawful possession grin

Abeg, I just dey hear of frontpage everytime....where that place dey sef? I never c am since. And this FTC plus spacebooking, how much dem dey pay for d tin. Cos, e be like we fit dey buy am in bulk dey resell make profit.
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by adorable29(f): 10:32am On Aug 12, 2015
But seriously, why should we still be importing toothpicks though!

As for those building materials, considering the naija factor (bribing SON and all those other officials who supervise for standards), we hope we won't start hearing frequent stories of collapsed buildings?!

*does sign of the cross*
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by GodMode: 10:33am On Aug 12, 2015
AdaNri1:
To avoid rushing into conclusions, what is the aim? Does it increase the value of Naira?

If your brain cannot deduce the aim... If you have a university degree you need to return it...

1 Like

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by efilefun(m): 10:33am On Aug 12, 2015
PassingShot:

You never see branding and packaging! You go don eat am finish b4 you go know sef!
You dey mind am.... Do you know how many trailers of this same product are produced in aba.
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by 989900: 10:33am On Aug 12, 2015
Palm oil, tomato paste, toothpick? Really?
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by efilefun(m): 10:34am On Aug 12, 2015
GodMode:

If your brain cannot deduce the aim... If you have a university degree you need to return it...
Guy you wicked no be small lmao, but the guy daft for that question
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by obinnajr(m): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2015
WE ARE BANDING WHAT WE CANT PRODUCE. EVEN IF WE CAN PRODUCE THEM, THE COST OF DIESEL CONSUMPTION AND INSTABILITY OF LIGHT WILL MAKE THE COMODITY TO BE AS COSTLY AS GOLD. I PRAY THIS CHANGE WE PRAY FOR WILL HAVE A POSITIVE IMPACT IN OUR LIFE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion / Subomi Balogun Arrives At Ojude Oba In Rolls-Royce Phantom / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.