Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex (76084 Views)

FG Lifts Ban On 41 Imported Items / CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs / List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by sonnie10: 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
gidjah:
Broda Econometrics, is US same as Nigeria?,is US d same in size as Nig,is US economic index in growth same as Nig, is US a dumping ground like Nig??never compare nations like US with Nig in any area of economics pls, they are Light yrs ahead if even not just Nig,but the whole of Africa put together,even S/Africa has gone ahead if Nig interms of Economy ,na US u dey take neasure Naija economic index,pls leave that matter out sir.Any nation who totally live on import will hardly grow in local economy take it or leave it. I have lived in D US, S/Africa,gone to Ghana,Tunisia for international events so i am not a novice about the economics of this nations

What I did was to answer a very simple question that was thrown out there. In my two lines statement, there was no where any comparison was made or implied between Nigeria and the US. Unfortunately, statistical figures could be skewed to favor any argument but you failed to do so. I will help you out there. Your question should have been, what is driving the figures for US import? Once you are able to answer this question, you can then make logical deduction.

In case you want to know my stand, then listen to this. Nigeria problem in this context is neither import nor export ratio but that of infrastructure, power, security, corruption and political stability. Take care of all these other things and see if manufacturing companies would not queue up to come to Nigeria. Nobody puts his/her money in a pocket with hole.
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2015
GodMode:

Keep trying to console your sorry a:ss... You're intellectually dormant.. You're a lost soul..
Mr ITK Encyclopaedia upload your certificate let's see.
Since you're so intellectually active show us your achievements. I've asked you to upload that certificate if at all you have any. Or is it not your mates that are thriving worldwide? focus on your future, stop coming to nairaland to look for those you'll insult who have the courage to ask questions that nincompoops like you will not know but would rather die in silence.
its nonentities like you that try to silence our children who are trying to understand the world by making them feel that any question they ask is silly.
You're a very very ignorant boy, go and quickly change that your name because there is no God in you at all. If this is how you behave because someone asked a question then you're evil! The worst part of it is that you know nothing! But you want to feel like you know. I don't feel sorry you for I feel really disappointed at your upbringing. Face your studies in school and try to avoid that third class which is hovering over your head, a word is enough for the wise stop disgracing your parents online.
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by GodMode: 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
AdaNri1:

Mr ITK Encyclopaedia upload your certificate let's see.
Since you're so intellectually active show us your achievements. I've asked you to upload that certificate if at all you have any. Or is it not your mates that are thriving worldwide? focus on your future, stop coming to nairaland to look for those you'll insult who have the courage to ask questions that nincompoops like you will not know but would rather die in silence.
its nonentities like you that try to silence our children who are trying to understand the world by making them feel that any question they ask is silly.
You're a very very ignorant boy, go and quickly change that your name because there is no God in you at all. If this is how you behave because someone asked a question then you're evil! The worst part of it is that you know nothing! But you want to feel like you know. I don't feel sorry you for I feel really disappointed at your upbringing. Face your studies in school and try to avoid that third class which is hovering over your head, a word is enough for the wise stop disgracing your parents online.

You're still struggling with school... You're too dull not to know that the question you asked is a secondary school questiongringringrin

You can't answer ordinary secondary school question yourself then you must still be struggling to pass WAEC... Unless you bribed someone cos you are the queen of dullness..

You say I should show you "achievements"gringrin is that the best your dull brain can saygringrin

Achievements mean cos "we all die in the end"gringrin

My upbringing is much better than your hopeless upbringing cos you're born by mistake... That's why you can't understand why your life is messed up...

Your parents taught you to look at other people's achievement cos they knew you'll never achieve anything... They know you're a losergringringrin
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by fistonati(m): 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2015
Oh God!!! Toothpicks arent listed, i guess there is waiver for that
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by Akinz0126(m): 9:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
Keneking:
Great

The following must be added:

1. Importation of Bibles
2. Importation of Korans
3. Importation of foreign condoms
4. Importation of foreign wrist-watches
5. Importation of Sim cards
6. Importation of foreign online blogs
7. Importation of mexican, indian and american soaps
8. Importation of foreign consultants
9. Importation of petroleum products
10.Importation of labels for tinned products

Sai Buhari

In addition Oga
Importation of brazilian Hair
Importation of G string Panties

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
GodMode:

You're still struggling with school... You're too dull not to know that the question you asked is a secondary school questiongringringrin

You can't answer ordinary secondary school question yourself then you must still be struggling to pass WAEC... Unless you bribed someone cos you are the queen of dullness..

You say I should show you "achievements"gringrin is that the best your dull brain can saygringrin

Achievements mean cos "we all die in the end"gringrin

My upbringing is much better than your hopeless upbringing cos you're born by mistake... That's why you can't understand why your life is messed up...

Your parents taught you to look at other people's achievement cos they knew you'll never achieve anything... They know you're a losergringringrin
if this is how you judge then you're even a pot calling kettle black. As dull as you are you can't deduce that I was referring to your educational achievements? shocked And you think you're smart? How pathetic!
Move aside fool, the one thing I've come to know in life is that empty vessels make the loudest noise, ;Dyou've just sounded that empty gong. Go and get some home training, you need it. School playground bully. its only in a place like Nigeria that people will like you will open their loud mouths to berate someone for asking a question. I have accorded you far more attention than you deserve and I can see that you have nothing meaningful to do with your time, you'd probably keep going on since you have nothing else to do. Keep going, look for people whom you'll never match academically, intellectually or otherwise and insult, it's ill upbringing so I don't expect anything less. You uncouth petulant scoundrel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by Akinz0126(m): 9:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
Na to dey chop Local rice dey go ooooooo.
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by GodMode: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
AdaNri1:
if this is how you judge then you're even a pot calling kettle black. As dull as you are you can't deduce that I was referring to your educational achievements? shocked And you think you're smart? How pathetic!
Move aside fool, the one thing I've come to know in life is that empty vessels make the loudest noise, ;Dyou've just sounded that empty gong. Go and get some home training, you need it. School playground bully. its only in a place like Nigeria that people will like you will open their loud mouths to berate someone for asking a question. I have accorded you far more attention than you deserve and I can see that you have nothing meaningful to do with your time, you'd probably keep going on since you have nothing else to do. Keep going, look for people whom you'll never match academically, intellectually or otherwise and insult, it's ill upbringing so I don't expect anything less. You uncouth petulant scoundrel.

Your parents are failures... They worked so hard yet they birth a dullard you derive joy in cursing and now that your dullness can't understand your stupidity you have started making loud noises you are an empty vessel, a failure, a loser, a wanderer e.t.c..
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by courage89(m): 12:41am On Aug 13, 2015
I support this. Kudos to CBN
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by Manir9ja: 7:41am On Aug 13, 2015
chesterlee:
Buhari wants to destroy this country!
last time i checked you were still thinking with your a.ss

1 Like

Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by vidid2all: 9:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
its is clearly proven, that the current administration has effected a change. A changed that is biased and compromised. Nigerians import items that we can make locally, which I must admit is very bad and deters the growth of local or domestic industries. But this directive from the CBN is subjet to review. This is a tactical, technical, systematic and indirect way to limit the financial growth of our dear eastern and ibo brothers who are dependent on importation to make living. This directive has not only affected their business, but has also created a fear and psychological disorderliness amongst the said group. If they cant get legit or official financial exchange medium for their transaction, what do you think will happen. I still find it difficult to beleive that the current administration is taking the right steps in dealing with corruption. These policies that is been adopted is ill, compromised and also has a hidden agenda that is set to negetively affect a defined set of people. Does it mean that the CBN and the FG is legally adopting the black market as an accepted mean of financial exchange and certifying it Who is deceiving Who.
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by MuhammaduJesus(m): 8:21am On Oct 13, 2015
Hello,thread,is it true that exporters of timbers at the Lagos port are not allowed to load their containers on board ships? I need genuine response please.
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by seyiraji: 10:36am On Feb 15, 2016
Nigeria has never been a serious nation. The Govt is the most unserious and useless!

You can imagine, go and mobilize fund and invest in these areas sooner another Govt will come in and open the country for importation of the goods. and they justify that with custom duty raked in.

If the Govt is serious, let them back it up with Acts of Parliament and roll out 20 years National Plans covering the investors and strong judiciary, we'll start producing these goods and become efficient at it. thank you
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by olaleyeolatunj: 7:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
Efilefu you dey vex oooo lol, that's a stupid question though ....lol
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by muanya1: 12:32am On Sep 03, 2016
This is a welcome development at least Nigeria will have a diversified economy the way its other oil producing counterparts like Angola,Ghana,UAE etc have done and also return to the way we were before we discovered oil....this move will bring growth to local companies.
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by admindim: 3:46am On Sep 03, 2016
ok
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by Minister317: 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
E go better
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by maasoap(m): 11:40am On May 04, 2017
Now, they are being brought back to the Forex.

From Sterling Bank:
We are pleased to inform you that the CBN has just expanded the scope of transactions that can be funded through the SMEs ‘Special Forex Window’ to include the ‘Not Valid for FX’ transactions.

The implication is that the ‘41 items’ on the ‘Not Valid for FX’ list can now be funded through the SMEs ‘Special Forex Window’ subject to provision of the following documentation:

Duly completed Form ‘Q’ (Available at all Sterling Bank branches)
Proforma invoice from the supplier
Beneficiary bank account details
Customer’s written application letter
​Kindly note that requesting customers must have operated their accounts with the bank for a minimum of 6 months and payment will be effected through telegraphic transfer subject to a limit of $20,000.00 per customer per quarter.

SME Importers utilizing FX through this window will be required to submit relevant shipping documents not later than 60 days after the transfer.
Re: List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex by Cholls(m): 8:49am On Jun 16, 2023
haryourdayG:
Good move.
cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Subomi Balogun Arrives At Ojude Oba In Rolls-Royce Phantom / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.