Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency (803 Views)

Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by erunz(m): 11:04am On Aug 12, 2015
There is now a confirmation that the Presidency is ready to commence probe of ministers and other government officials who served under the President Jonathan’s administration.

The Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs to the President, Mr Femi Adesina, told Channels Television on Thursday that it would only make sense to look into the activities of the immediate past government rather than delving into all other administration.

According to Mr Adesina, “it would be a distraction for the President to begin digging into all former administrations but for a proper take-off of President Muhammadu Buhari’s government, there is the need to look into the immediate past government.”

He, however, made it clear that it is not a witch hunt, as only persons who looted the country’s funds would be made to return such loots.

He explained further that President Buhari would not waste time in probing the administrations of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Abdulsalam Abubakar, Sani Abacha and Ibrahim Babangida.

Mr Adesina described the outcome of the President’s official visit to the U.S. as “a roaring success on every side”.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/07/23/buhari-will-probe-jonathans-government-only-presidency/

WHY IS BUHARI PROBING ONLY GEJ'S GOVERNMENT, WHY IS HE AFRAID OF PROBING CORRUPT PAST LEADERS LIKE IBB, ABDULSALAM, OBJ AND EVEN HIS PARTY MEMBERS OR IS HE AFRAID OF THE GENERALS BECAUSE THEY KNOW MOST OF THE SHADDY DEAL HE DID AS HEAD OF STATE AND AS PTF CHAIRMAN.

IN IBB's VOICE, THOSE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSE DON'T THROW STONES

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 12, 2015
I copied this from CNN iReport
I weep for poor Nigeria

It is on record that late Dr. Abubakar Olusola Sarki
investigated the mysterious disappearance of US
$2.8 Billion from the NNPC account in Midlands
Bank in the United Kingdom, during Buhari’s
stewardship in 1976. It was discovered that the
money was traced to General Mohammadu
Buhari's foreign bank account. Then Nigeria
Broadcasting Corporation news caster, Miss Dora
Ifudu, reported the interview where the disclosure
was made. As a result she was dismissed from her
job. She took Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation to
court, won her case and was exonerated and
reinstated. US$2.8 stolen in 1976 will amount to
how much today? Much more than the total sums
bandied around against Jonathan's
administration.

Em tired of Nigerian politics..goodbye friends as this account is gonna be deactivated today!
Love n will miss u all.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by INTROVERT(f): 11:05am On Aug 12, 2015
okay then
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 12, 2015
Muhammadu Buhari in 2011 (Before Jonathan won the Presidency)
“We know what we had in1999. After spending between $12 billion and $16 billion, we are going to tell the PDP to account to Nigerians what happened to that money because the power is available at Kainji, Jebba and the thermal stations. What is happening to them(?).”

“First of all, we have the problems on the ground. How much have they spent and what happened to all the resources put into power between1999 and now? We have to know what happened to the money. We know where we were in1999 when the PDP came, we will find out how much they spent up till today.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NIgerianWorldForum/conversations/topics/100615

Why has the story changed? Is he no longer interested in the $12-$16billion that Obasanjo looted in the guise of power?

Buhari is only being clownish!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by Mogidi: 11:08am On Aug 12, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by MRpii(m): 11:09am On Aug 12, 2015
Oga misir,prof barcanista how body?
barcanista:
Typiin
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by kamair237(m): 11:09am On Aug 12, 2015
normally.... going beyond dat will cost him too much time....
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 12, 2015
MRpii:
Oga misir,prof barcanista how body?
Fine Sir my boss...body de fine and yours?
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by Olaolufred(m): 11:24am On Aug 12, 2015
brooklyn49:
I copied this from CNN iReport
I weep for poor Nigeria

It is on record that late Dr. Abubakar Olusola Sarki
investigated the mysterious disappearance of US
$2.8 Billion from the NNPC account in Midlands
Bank in the United Kingdom, during Buhari’s
stewardship in 1976. It was discovered that the
money was traced to General Mohammadu
Buhari's foreign bank account. Then Nigeria
Broadcasting Corporation news caster, Miss Dora
Ifudu, reported the interview where the disclosure
was made. As a result she was dismissed from her
job. She took Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation to
court, won her case and was exonerated and
reinstated. US$2.8 stolen in 1976 will amount to
how much today? Much more than the total sums
bandied around against Jonathan's
administration.

Em tired of Nigerian politics..goodbye friends as this account is gonna be deactivated today!
Love n will miss u all.

[size=14pt]CNN Ireport is absolutely someone's opinion, that person could be you, me or any other.
If they have the allegation and its evidence intact, they know where to go, not on the pages of newspapers.
NOTE: That no one will be prosecuted by buhari without evidence. Only the evidences will do the prosecution.
So go to court with your evidences for the good of Nigeria. Thanks.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 12, 2015
Olaolufred:

[size=14pt]CNN Ireport is absolutely someone's opinion, that person could be you, me or any other.
If they have the allegation and its evidence intact, they know where to go, not on the pages of newspapers.
NOTE: That no one will be prosecuted by buhari without evidence. Only the evidences will do the prosecution.
So go to court with your evidences for the good of Nigeria. Thanks.
[/size]
Never quote me agn

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by Olaolufred(m): 11:29am On Aug 12, 2015
barcanista:
Muhammadu Buhari in 2011 (Before Jonathan won the Presidency)

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NIgerianWorldForum/conversations/topics/100615

Why has the story changed? Is he no longer interested in the $12-$16billion that Obasanjo looted in the guise of power?

Buhari is only being clownish!

[size=14pt]It is because Buhari did not get any handover note from Obasanjo.

He is only looking into the books handed over to him.

If you can advice Jonah to also join the one handed over to Yaradua by OBJ, it may help.

But for now, Jonah's record is the only record submitted.[/size]
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by MRpii(m): 11:29am On Aug 12, 2015
Na you dey teach we learners politics now
barcanista:
Fine Sir my boss...body de fine and yours?
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by Olaolufred(m): 11:31am On Aug 12, 2015
brooklyn49:

Never quote me agn

[size=18pt]Are you God?
Even God's word is being quoted in the Bible.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 12, 2015
If this makes sense to you then I am sorry for your line of thinking Sir!
Olaolufred:

[size=14pt]It is because Buhari did not get any handover note from Obasanjo.

He is only looking into the books handed over to him.

If you can advice Jonah to also join the one handed over to Yaradua by OBJ, it may help.

But for now, Jonah's record is the only record submitted.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 12, 2015
Olaolufred:

[size=18pt]Are you God?
Even God's word is being quoted in the Bible.
[/size]
Nairaland is big enough for ppl to voice their different opinion...ur quotes are not welcome, thanks

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 12, 2015
MRpii:
Na you dey teach we learners politics now
My brother, we are all learners
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by Olaolufred(m): 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
barcanista:
If this makes sense to you then I am sorry for your line of thinking Sir!

JUST AS I AM AFRAID OF YOURS
EBELLE FAILED TO DO HIS OWN JOB OF PROBING OBJ,
SO BUHARI CAN'T BE COARSED INTO DOING THAT FOR HIM.

WHEN YOU TAKE UP A MANAGERIAL OFFICE, YOU MUST LOOK INTO THE HAND OVER NOTE GIVEN YOU BEFORE ADOPTING IT.

ELSE WHATEVER MISTAKE ON IT BECOMES YOURS.

SE O TI GBO?
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Government Only – Presidency by Olaolufred(m): 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
I HAVE AN IDEA,

INSTEAD OF ASKING BUHARI TO PROBE OBJ TO EBELLE,

WILL IT NOT BE AN INJUSTICE TO THEM WHEN THERE ARE REGIMES BEFORE THEM?

I SUGGEST BUHARI START HIS PROBE FROM AZIKIWE, IRONSI, GOWON, MURITALA, OBJ, SHAGARI, BUHARI, IBB, SHONEKAN .......AND END

IT ON EBELLE. HOPE THAT WILL MAKE TANOIDS HAPPY.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Man Seen Sitting On High Tension Wires / Boko Boys In Trouble / Saraki's Trial: Code Of Conduct Bureau Is Inferior Court - Agbokoba‎

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.