Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,254 members, 7,849,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:36 AM

Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title (45172 Views)

2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria Vs Algeria - Who Is Your Man Of The March? / FIFA Under-17 WORLD CUP Chile 2015-Nigeria Group Fixtures &Time-OCT 17TH-NOV 8TH / 2015 Women's Afrobasket: D'Tigress On The March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
After 3rd quarter...
Nigeria 72 Gabon 34

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by goldfish80(m): 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
It's been a blow out! 72 34... 4th quarter grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
Gbinije shots a 3-pointer
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by goldfish80(m): 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
The Nigerian bench asking the team to hold Gabon under 50. It's merciless out here grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
Gabon 47-80 Nigeria
6 mins left

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 3:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
Gabon 50 Nigeria 80...

... Chilling for the next game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by dominique(f): 3:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
Chai!!! See demolition. Kudos to The tigers el fantastico✔

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Nigeria 86 Gabon 58...

Gabonese bench celebrate after hitting 3 consecutive 3 point shots..

I laff sote I slap my boss...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 3:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
Gabonese coach still wants to use all their time out with 14 seconds remaining in the 4th quarter...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
Next quarter final is gonna be a cracker...

Egypt vs Angola 4pm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
Full time:
Gabon 64-88 Nigeria

The semifinal game v Senegal/Algeria is on Saturday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by dominique(f): 3:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
Seamareggae:
Nigeria 86 Gabon 58...
Gabonese bench celebrate after hitting 3 consecutive 3 point shots..
I laff sote I slap my boss...

It's 64-88 o most likely keyboard error sha. Gabon woke up towards the end of the game. We have to up our game when meeting Angola or Senegal. Those teams have always been our nemesis in this tournament.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
Senegal or Algeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
dominique:

It's 64-88 o most likely keyboard error sha. Gabon woke up towards the end of the game. We have to up our game when meeting Angola or Senegal. Those teams have always been our nemesis in this tournament.
Senegalese has a very strong squad... A guy in their squad is averaging 25 points per game, 14 rebounds per game... He has been the best player of the tournament so far...

I just hope we win our Semi Final by God's grace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Afam4eva(m): 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
Our team is really on fire.

@CFCfan
Any NBA players in this team?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
safarigirl:
Senegal or Algeria?
They play around 6pm...so not yet confirmed...

I wish Algeria Springs up a surprise thoo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
I wish Festus Ezeli of Golden state Warriors is in this team... Nd Ike Diogo is not injured..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
dominique:

Lol... Didn't watch the last few seconds... Cos they were calling time out as if there's hope of an upset..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
safarigirl:
Senegal or Algeria?
Their q/final starts at 6:30

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afam4eva:
Our team is really on fire.

@CFCfan
Any NBA players in this team?
Al Farouk Aminu plays for the Portland Trailblazers. He just signed a 4-year $30million contract with them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
dominique:

I watched the game,our coach withdrew the starting five of Umeh,Lawal,Oguchi,Farouk & Alade and gave the bench rotation to finish the 4th quarter.It is more or less resting the key players,if they want to go on and score more than 100 points in the game they would have achieved that but it is of no importance,winning is what is needed at knock out stages.We won, retsed our players and avoided injury.Kudos to the team,if i have my way i prefer playing Algeria to playing Senegal,those guys can shoot 3 points easily,they can defend and pyschologically ahead of us because they have won against us more than we do against them.I still believe we can win the competition but the higher your attain the tougher it becomes. The fear of Angola,Tunisia and Senegal is the beginning of wisdom.God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
Seamareggae:
I wish Festus Ezeli of Golden state Warriors is in this team... Nd Ike Diogo is not injured..
Why do u think he isn't injured?
For real, Ezeli, Diogu and Oladipo would have added 3 layers of gloss to this team.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by goldfish80(m): 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Any news on Lawal's condition? I saw he had his left knee strapped with an ice pack or something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
Seamareggae:

They play around 6pm...so not yet confirmed...

I wish Algeria Springs up a surprise thoo
ya, i'm asking which team would be preferable?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
CFCman:

Why do u think he isn't injured?
For real, Ezeli, Diogu and Oladipo would have added 3 layers of gloss to this team.
I didn't say he isn't injured.. I said I wish he's fit to contribute esp during this tough knock out stage...

I fell in love with Festus Ezeli during Golden state Warriors playoffs games against Cavs..

Maybe he just wanted a rest after a long season and another prospective long season to come...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 3:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
Seamareggae:

Senegalese has a very strong squad... A guy in their squad is averaging 25 points per game, 14 rebounds per game... He has been the best player of the tournament so far...

I just hope we win our Semi Final by God's grace
Dengui. Definitely MVP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
goldfish80:
Any news on Lawal's condition? I saw he had his left knee strapped with an ice pack or something

I think it isn't serious,Lawal was rested for pracautionary measures i guess.We are abit conservative in executing our strategies.Tunisia used all their power,skill and home support against Nigeria and the difference was just 11 points,the same Tunisia almost lost to Morocco in the round of 16.We, Nigeria i mean,we appraoch games with caution,high tempo in the first two quarters and try to defend in the 3rd quarter,raise the tempo again and defend in the 4th quarter,this is what i observed,it is not a bad technique as we match on,lets see what Senegal Vs Algeria have to offer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
safarigirl:
ya, i'm asking which team would be preferable?
Algeria is preferable ooo

Those Senegalese has a strong squad.. Nd They have a player averaging over 25 points, 14 rebounds per game.. That's a lot..

And they have beaten Nigeria most times compared to how many times we have beaten them... Nd they are yet to lose in this tournament..

I just hope Nigeria find a way to beat them if eventually we meet...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
safarigirl:
Dengui. Definitely MVP
Yeah.. That's the guy.. He is surely the mvp..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
goldfish80:
Lawal didn't play much.. He shud be fine..

I guess he wasn't played much just for precautionary reasons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by goldfish80(m): 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
successinlife:

I think it isn't serious,Lawal was rested for pracautionary measures i guess.We are abit conservative in executing our strategies.Tunisia used all their power,skill and home support against Nigeria and the difference was just 11 points,the same Tunisia almost lost to Morocco in the round of 16.We, Nigeria i mean,we appraoch games with caution,high tempo in the first two quarters and try to defend in the 3rd quarter,raise the tempo again and defend in the 4th quarter,this is what i observed,it is not a bad technique as we match on,lets see what Senegal Vs Algeria have to offer.
I hope the horse was rested for precautionary measure like you said. We need him doing at least a double double in the semis to have a chance at the finals.
The Senegalese are very physical and I noticed D'tigers hate playing against teams like that, that's why I advocate for a blend of atleast 2 or 3 home based guys to add a little bit of brute force and African ruggedity to our play. If we hadn't missed the last second jump shot in the last afrobasket against Senegal am sure posters here won't be having sleepless nights at the prospect of facing Senegal.
By the way, why was Ike Diogu not replaced on the team sheet since it was clear he wasn't going to play in this championship at the onset?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by dominique(f): 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
successinlife:

I watched the game,our coach withdrew the starting five of Umeh,Lawal,Oguchi,Farouk & Alade and gave the bench rotation to finish the 4th quarter.It is more or less resting the key players,if they want to go on and score more than 100 points in the game they would have achieved that but it is of no importance,winning is what is needed at knock out stages.We won retsed our players and avoided injury.Kudos to the team,if i have my way i prefer playing Algeria to playing Senegal,those guys can shoot 3 points easily,they can defend and pyschologically ahead of us because they have won against us more than we do against them.I still believe we can win the competition but the higher your attain the tougher it becomes. The fear of Angola,Tunisia and Senegal is the beginning of wisdom.God bless Nigeria.

Senegal and Egypt are the teams to beat in this tournament IMO. Angola struggled to defeat CAR with just one point, if our boys can put the pasts records behind them, they should be able to get past them. Senegal has always been the kings of three pointers, that has always been their trademark. I think their team is the tallest in this competition (I stand to be corrected sha). The Egyptians are very youthful and fast, I doubt if our boys will be able to catch up with them if we meet in the semis embarassed

How many teams will be qualifying for next year's Olympics abeg?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply)

Mikel Agu Becomes A Portuguese Citizen (Photo) / Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap / Arsenal Confirm 8 Players That Will Leave This Summer [full List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.