Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,368 members, 7,850,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:55 PM

Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title (45180 Views)

2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria Vs Algeria - Who Is Your Man Of The March? / FIFA Under-17 WORLD CUP Chile 2015-Nigeria Group Fixtures &Time-OCT 17TH-NOV 8TH / 2015 Women's Afrobasket: D'Tigress On The March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
Angola opens up an early lead against Egypt..

Angola 18 Egypt 12... I hope it doesn't end in a massacre...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
dominique:

Senegal and Egypt are the teams to beat in this tournament IMO. Angola struggled to defeat CAR with just one point, if our boys can put the pasts records behind them, they should be able to get past them. Senegal has always been the kings of three pointers, that has always been their trademark. I think their team is the tallest in this competition (I stand to be corrected sha). The Egyptians are very youthful and fast, I doubt if our boys will be able to catch up with them if we meet in the semis embarassed

How many teams will be qualifying for next year's Olympics abeg?
Angola is a better team compared to Egypt... Only one team qualifies automatically for the Olympics...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by dominique(f): 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
Seamareggae:

Angola is a better team compared to Egypt... Only one team qualifies automatically for the Olympics...

Only the winner qualifies I thought Africa normally has at least 3 slots in the olympics undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
dominique:

Only the winner qualifies I thought Africa normally has at least 3 slots in the olympics undecided
That shud be the world Cup..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
dominique:

Senegal and Egypt are the teams to beat in this tournament IMO. Angola struggled to defeat CAR with just one point, if our boys can put the pasts records behind them, they should be able to get past them. Senegal has always been the kings of three pointers, that has always been their trademark. I think their team is the tallest in this competition (I stand to be corrected sha). The Egyptians are very youthful and fast, I doubt if our boys will be able to catch up with them if we meet in the semis embarassed

How many teams will be qualifying for next year's Olympics abeg?

Hmn, Angola can be Cameleon atimes,those guys play together throughout the year,team chemistry,they can alternate playing pattern,don't write Angola off. Senegalese naturally are giants both male and female,they took to basketball long ago before we took the game serious.Egypt can"t defeat d'tigers,i would prefer playing Algeria to Senegal anyday anytime.

Only one team qualifies directly to the olympics from this competition and that team has to be the winner of 2015 afrobasket.Two/three will play playoff with other continents as we did in 2012 to qualify for the 2012 Olympics in Venezuela.That is much more difficult,that set of guys in the 2012 team are genius,it will be difficult to assemble a fearless team like that, Adeola Dagunduro remain my hero,his last touch off a greece final three point throw to deny greece edging us in the last seconds of the game remains ever green in my memory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
goldfish80:

I hope the horse was rested for precautionary measure like you said. We need him doing at least a double double in the semis to have a chance at the finals.
The Senegalese are very physical and I noticed D'tigers hate playing against teams like that, that's why I advocate for a blend of atleast 2 or 3 home based guys to add a little bit of brute force and African ruggedity to our play. If we hadn't missed the last second jump shot in the last afrobasket against Senegal am sure posters here won't be having sleepless nights at the prospect of facing Senegal.
By the way, why was Ike Diogu not replaced on the team sheet since it was clear he wasn't going to play in this championship at the onset?

The coach picked players that are usefull to the team,there is alot of difference between pros,college basketballer,rookies and African basketballer,don't let us go into details cause all are our players,maybe the good ones will come gradually into the team but they will have to perform consistently,what we have to know is that most African basketballer lacks the basics and competition are few in Africa.
IK Diogu was injured in their last practise match in France,a player stepped on his feet and i think a toe was badly affected that it got swollen the following day,he was on crutches when this competition started,the team list had been submitted before this occured hence he can't be replaced, i think he is better now but he need match fitness and maybe recover fully,if Ik Diogu is available for the remaining of this competition it will be a massive boost,i wish so though,he is a complete African-American,rugged,determined and skillfull.Wish him sooner recover ala Shina Peters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
Half Time..
Angola 43 Egypt 29
A 6-0 run from the Egyptian to end the half narrows the lead to 14 point...

The Angolan team are just too good. They play team basketball wella... Crisp passing nd lovely defense too..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 5:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
Egypt clawing back into the game...
3rd quarter..

Angola 46 Egypt 38

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by isaiah9(m): 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
Seamareggae:

Olweb app.. The link is in the app..
which of the channels in the olweb app
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 6:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
isaiah9:
which of the channels in the olweb app
Just check live sport events
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
Senegal vs Algeria going on right now...
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
2nd quarter...

Senegal 20 Algeria 17
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Senegal vs Nigeria....

Semi Final on Saturday... Gotta be a cracker of a game...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Mizzzbeee(f): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
Seamareggae:
Senegal vs Nigeria....

Semi Final on Saturday... Gotta be a cracker of a game...
time?
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
time?
Time is 6:30pm
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by shizzy7(f): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
D'TIGERS HAS DONE IT AGAIN
IJAYA1
THANK YOU
FOR
DEALING
WITH
GABON
IN
A
BRUTAL
WAY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by isaiah9(m): 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
Seamareggae:

Just check live sport events
got it thanks
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
isaiah9:
got it thanks
U welcome.. Ur data speaketh... Ur streaming Heareth..
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 28, 2015
Semifinals on Saturday:

Senegal v Nigeria at 6:30pm
Tunisia v Angola at 9pm
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 28, 2015
Nigeria and Senegal have met 9 times in the past; with D'Tigers winning 3 of those encounters.

The biggest margin of victory was a 101-30 Senegal victory. On the flip side, the tightest margin of victory was Senegal's one-point win in the quarter finals at the 2013 Afrobasket tourney; the Senegalese won 64-63.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 2:41am On Aug 28, 2015
CFCman:
Nigeria and Senegal have met 9 times in the past; with D'Tigers winning 3 of those encounters.

The biggest margin of victory was a 101-30 Senegal victory. On the flip side, the tightest margin of victory was Senegal's one-point win in the quarter finals at the 2013 Afrobasket tourney; the Senegalese won 64-63.
what happened to your other account? Would've liked to play last
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 3:49am On Aug 28, 2015
safarigirl:
what happened to your other account? Would've liked to play last
The other one is still active; just want to alternate monikers for now.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Funjosh(m): 5:43am On Aug 28, 2015
For we to be in the final, qwe need to beat Senegal. For them to be in the final, they need to beat Nigeria. I just hope we overcome them this time.

CFCman:

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Occurstaem(m): 10:11am On Aug 28, 2015
This Senegalese has the tallest team in this competition. We shall overcome them, insha Allah.
The same thing with their Handball team and Team Mali also. They are always taller than us.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by stealvyn(m): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
safarigirl:
Abeg who has the scoop on Gbinije? He's new to the team
He plays college ball for the Syracuse Orange (NCAA Men's division 1) and he's one of the top 50 draft prospects for next year's NBA draft.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by isaiah9(m): 4:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
Seamareggae:

U welcome.. Ur data speaketh... Ur streaming Heareth..
don't worry about that, i gat it covered.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
Funjosh:
For we to be in the final, qwe need to beat Senegal. For them to be in the final, they need to beat Nigeria. I just hope we overcome them this time.

our coach needs to study not just the Senegalese team, but also Gorgui Dengi, someone should be in charge of caging him
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Funjosh(m): 2:41am On Aug 29, 2015
safarigirl:
our coach needs to study not just the Senegalese team, but also Gorgui Dengi, someone should be in charge of caging him

Lolz........ Safarigirl
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2015
The day has come... The count down begins...

Senegal v Nigeria 6:30pm...
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
The semi final pairing today of 2015 Afrobasket is too tight.I will accept whatever fate throws at us Nigerians because it is not going to be easy for both teams,Senegal - Nigeria & Tunisia - Angola these are finals before the finals.if there is a match that gives alot of tension,that raises HBP that creates sleepless nights,that match is definitely Nigeria Vs Senegal.I never worried myself until now in our earlier matches not even against Tunisia because that game was won by the home fans and few referee assistance to the host,though credit should be given to the host nation but i don't see that team defeat Nigeria in a neutral ground.

Senegal don't always like to accept Nigeria's superiority in anything,even in sports they don't perform well once it is Nigeria,an average senegalese want to spill blood to defeat Nigeria.I will be more than happy as a patriotic Nigerian to see us defeat Senegal but it will not come on a plater of gold,it will not be easy,sincerely speaking odds favor the senegalese but i think our boys would try to raise the bar today to rewrite their own history,man for man Senegal are slightly ahead but i am gathering myself up to support my country and hope we win today.

Please anybody knows if Ike Diogu is available for this match? i don't know why Festus Ezeli is not in this roster ,we need extra tall guys,
anybody with an idea?I think in Afrobasket we need our best players,unlike Nigeria,Senegalese don't often take dual nationality,very very few do it.i know alot of their athletes that will rather remain a senegalese than switch allegiance to another country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply)

Arsenal Confirm 8 Players That Will Leave This Summer [full List] / Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit / Ahmed Musa Rocks Traditional Outfit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.