Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka (55082 Views)

Nigeria Has No Alternative To Buhari Now – NUPENG / NLC: Buhari Now Captive Of Forces Of Subsidy Removal, Deregulation / Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
AnanseK:

The truth is that Soyinka like many , did not know Buhari at all. He only believed in rumors and cheap character assassination stories filling those Nigerian media aggressively hostile to Buhari all those years. He (Soyinka), like multitude of others, is knowing Buhari for the first time.
Man you are playing fast and lose with the word "truth". Actually, you should use the expression "in my opinion". And still, it would be a lie. Many nigerians these days have turned into great propagandists, it has become a second nature. For your info soyinka wasn't born yesterday, he was there (as a man in his prime) to witness buhari's "reign of terror" (soyinka's own words). And soyinka gave his personal accounts of how terrible buhari was. I really don't see what justification soyinka has to radically change his mind, nothing except for money chageing hands.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by Alawwalu(m): 12:11am On Aug 13, 2015
08103072895 call me for your Tablet PC 10 inches,16G ROM,captive screen touch as low as #30,000 call me for more information 08103072895
Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 13, 2015
obrian:
Noble words from a Nobel Laureate
he's only a good dancer... He is dancing to the tune of the new govt. Sir

'If' and 'only if' becomes the President again then we will see how his dancing steps will switch from this blues to partyhall.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by AnanseK(m): 12:32am On Aug 13, 2015
patriot4:

Man you are playing fast and lose with the word "truth". Actually, you should use the expression "in my opinion". And still, it would be a lie. Many nigerians these days have turned into great propagandists, it has become a second nature. For your info soyinka wasn't born yesterday, he was there (as a man in his prime) to witness buhari's "reign of terror" (soyinka's own words). And soyinka gave his personal accounts of how terrible buhari was. I really don't see what justification soyinka has to radically change his mind, nothing except for money chageing hands.

If you are suggesting that Buhari bribed Soyinka then your knowledge of Buhari is abysmal, as a matter of fact zero. The propaganda of " Bihari's reign of terror" will take a long time to get out of your systems. But you will get there one day - perhaps Soyinka is faster learner than you.
Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by nortcentrallord(m): 12:39am On Aug 13, 2015
patriot4:
soyinka, as a postgraduate, I get disappointed in you each day.
You have become a full fledged politician, and I suspect you have always been.
Soyinka, you are far from being the intelligent man I thought you were.
For your information, soyinka, the word corruption doesn't have a universal meaning. Indeed to heterosexuals, homosexuality is corruption, to passionate musicians singing with the help of electronics is corruption, to people against alcool, drinking alcool is corruption. And depending on your religious beliefs, corruption can mean different things. For muslims, eating porc is corruption, speaking ill of mohamed is corruption, not being a muslim is corruption. For christians not being a monotheist is corruption, not going to church is corruption. for atheists being religious is corruption. Also when a thief is being arraigned by the police for stealing an orange, nobody considers that thief a corrupt man. When someone rubs a bank and steals large sums of money, nobody calls him corrupt. I expected a university professor to know all this. How disappointed I am in soyinka who I thought was a world citizen and an intelligent man.

I share in your believe and I concur without reservations of any sort. Soyinka sold his Nobel Laureate for a pie and 2 slice of apc bread. Only God knows if it was more. For a man like soyinka to speak like a street urchin even with all his exposure and knowledge is a thing of international disrepute or One only begins to wonder how he ever got that award. Well, in the words of GEJ, I think that soyinka has already been "corupted" by apc. WHAT A SHAME!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by nortcentrallord(m): 12:47am On Aug 13, 2015
Icecomrade:
Why would Buhari not be a different man

When he can no longer wear those Khaki that made him feel like a Terror with Babariga that makes him feel less powerful.

When he no longer lords over Tribunals with civil processes to contend with.

When he no longer lords over Supreme Military council but sitting at the Mercy of the National Assembly.

When his statements are no longer decrees and edits but mere statements which can only be considered when it is packaged by scholars on his pay list and forwarded to the National Assembly for consideration.

When he can't bundle his enemies and throw them into jail without due process and litigation hanging over his neck.

What's Special about Wole Soyinka's statement? That guy is idle. Since he lost touch of writing, he has been ranting around like an Akwuya

Very apt. You just did the whole job with one stroke. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by osazemonday: 1:11am On Aug 13, 2015
dammylohlah:
How can a public figure, an intelligent person like that, come out to tell the public that corruption is not stealing? Then you should have asked him, what then is corruption? The media should have challenged him.”

Uniport certificate is questionable. I cant employ any uniport graduate in my company.

At the end of the day, the noise maker will be ashamed.
STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION is not a statement of GEJ. He quoted a former AGF.
He has gone home. Why not let him be?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 13, 2015
2edged sword
Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by tiwiex(m): 4:56am On Aug 13, 2015
kaypound:
what do you need his apology for.....
I believe his redeemed image today and him trying put Nigeria back on the map is enough apology for the mistakes he made in the past.
I thought that was what he said.
Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by moolamoola(m): 5:13am On Aug 13, 2015
First Page and noone ever mentioned his argument on the disparity btw cultism and fraternity.....#woolovereyes
Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by juman(m): 5:14am On Aug 13, 2015
There was a change in 1999 when one military general became president, this country expected a lot from his government but the change turned out to be fake.

Who knows may be this is the repeat of 1999 thing.
Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by dreZilla(m): 6:17am On Aug 13, 2015
Stealing is not corruption _ GEJ 2014
Confraternity is not cultism _ WS 2015
Spot the difference...... LOL
Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by mide06: 6:32am On Aug 13, 2015
patriot4:
For your information, soyinka, the word corruption doesn't have a universal meaning. Indeed to heterosexuals, homosexuality is corruption, to passionate musicians singing with the help of electronics is corruption, to people against alcool, drinking alcool is corruption. And depending on your religious beliefs, corruption can mean different things. For muslims, eating porc is corruption, speaking ill of mohamed is corruption, not being a muslim is corruption. For christians not being a monotheist is corruption, not going to church is corruption. for atheists being religious is corruption. Also when a thief is being arraigned by the police for stealing an orange, nobody considers that thief a corrupt man. When someone rubs a bank and steals large sums of money, nobody calls him corrupt. I expected a university professor to know all this. How dissappointed I am in soyinka who I thought was a world citizen and an intelligent man.
but for me stealing public funds as a public office holder is corruption.
Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by Flairoqy(m): 6:52am On Aug 13, 2015
patriot4:
When was the last time you said a thief stealing an orange was corrupt ?
When did you see an armed who just rubbed a bank and say he was corrupt.?
You see there are some words which don't have a precise definition, but those words have feelings associated to them.

You see, it all becomes clear when you use first order logics. Consider the two objects "stealing" and "corruption".
You will have to conclude that: not (stealing = corruption).
Although if you consider "stealing" and "corruption" like two sets of committed or to be committed offenses, then some would have the opinion that stealing is included in corruption: Stealing < Corruption.
Still not enough fact to clear my doubts, coz like serious you didn't make a single point. so if an armed robber raids your home and left you with just your life,if he well pleases, you will say he's not corrupt or maybe it's condition that made him do it, sir long as the environment you leave influence your mind to illegality n misuse of governmental resources. everything concerning that n all illegal actions in the political phases are corruption.
Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by rman: 7:03am On Aug 13, 2015
ramalot:

You have written off the Professor as an "unintelligent man," because you happen to disagree with something he said. Does that nullify everything else he is indubitably great at?

I did not dwell on your attention to detail in your paragraph, as we all make typographical errors. However, it appears you did not read the second half of my comment.

That second (and longer) half attempted to show why your logic appears flawed. Your attempt to justify the statement that "stealing is not corruption" is not convincing. All you've done is sub-categorize other aspects of human society that may be labelled as "corrupt," in the context of that group/society.

While all those categorizations are indeed true, how does that remove "stealing" from the sub-category? It does NOT appear to.

Let me know why stealing is NOT an act of corruption.

FYI I have zero interest in Nigerian politics and partisan bickering. If your driving motive is some allegiance to Jonathan, Buhari, political parties etc, then don't bother responding. I only engage in common sense conversations which stimulate reasoning, and not biased rhetoric.

God bless you for your last paragraph. It become increasingly difficult to participate in intelligent discuss on nairaland's politics section because everyone thinks you must show allegiance to a party, region, ethic, person, and religion.

Affiliation to logic and common sense has been relegated to the background. It is a shame.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by puffcitylife: 7:09am On Aug 13, 2015
patriot4:
For your information, soyinka, the word corruption doesn't have a universal meaning. Indeed to heterosexuals, homosexuality is corruption, to passionate musicians singing with the help of electronics is corruption, to people against alcool, drinking alcool is corruption. And depending on your religious beliefs, corruption can mean different things. For muslims, eating porc is corruption, speaking ill of mohamed is corruption, not being a muslim is corruption. For christians not being a monotheist is corruption, not going to church is corruption. for atheists being religious is corruption. Also when a thief is being arraigned by the police for stealing an orange, nobody considers that thief a corrupt man. When someone rubs a bank and steals large sums of money, nobody calls him corrupt. I expected a university professor to know all this. How dissappointed I am in soyinka who I thought was a world citizen and an intelligent man.
see ur life... Believing in a man dat doesn't believed in God. "O ga gan oo" devil role model
Re: Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka by anigold(m): 12:42am On Aug 14, 2015
jlinkd78:
'owe' I know but this ur 'whole' I fear

A)buhari does not hold anyone an apology.

B)Buhari does not whole anyone an apology.

C)Buhari does not hole anyone an apology.

D)Buhari does not owe anyone an apology...

Abeg which one is correct...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Forgot Osinbajo's Name During His Owerri Rally Today [VIDEO] / Osinbajo's Meeting With Buhari In London Lasted Five Minutes Only / First Nigerian-Made Ventilator To Be Unveiled By Ogbonnaya Onu, Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.