Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,792 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu (29199 Views)

Photo Of Atiku Abubakar Wearing Rolex In The Farm Got Tongues Wagging / Where Is President Buhari? – Fayose / PDP, Snoring As APC Assumes Position Of Ruling And Opposition, By Audu O. Audu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by OsilamaPN(m): 8:31am On Jun 23, 2015
Mouth agape, like one who had just landed on this planet after a long sojourn on the moon, I was shocked that barely three weeks after the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari as the 6th President of the most populous black nation, he finally realised that age was a limitation to what he can do.

I know by now he will be regretting that Dame Patience Jonathan and other PDP chieftains warned him not to dive into the murky water of politics.

At first, I thought my ears and eyes were playing pranks on me, because this was a man that went through the length and breadth of the country campaigning that at 72 he can move mountains.

“I wish I became Head of State when I was a governor, just a few years as a young man. Now at 72, there is a limit to what I can do,” President Buhari stated this when he spoke with Nigerians living in South Africa.

To the APC, Buhari spoke in strange “tongues”, there was need for interpretation. After all, most Nigerians are known as carnal laymen.

The words had barely come out of his mouth, when the National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed and the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina jumped out as “Interpreter Generals of the Federation.”

They hurriedly organised a marathon lectures on the course: “NOW AT 72, THERE IS A LIMIT TO WHAT I CAN DO.”

“What President Buhari was saying, which was lost on those who issued that je­june statement, is that only his love and passion for the country could have made him, at his age, to come out of retirement to seek the of­fice of President, over 30 years after he presided over the affairs of the country,’’ the “Interpreter General” Lai Mohammed explained.

As if that was not enough, the second Interpreter General, Femi Adesina who had been recently baptized on “political Pentecost” took over from Lai Mohammed giving his own version.

According to him; Buhari was misquoted by national dailies and online media, noting that, “like old wine, Buhari gets better with age”.

He added that “old wines are tasty” and the President Buhari we have today, is a man, like old wine, that has got tastier.

The naïve Femi Adesina in the holy month of Ramadan was not politically correct in using wine, forbidden in Islam as an analogy for the President.

Let us not forget President Muhammadu Buhari is so religious to the extent that he “snubbed’’ foreign delegates who came to grace his inauguration by abandoning them to attend Juma’a Prayers.

Wait a minute, or was Femi Adesina trying to tell Nigerians that President Buhari was under the influence of alcohol when he made such glaring statement? I smell a rat.

I wondered how “At 72, there is limit to what I can do” can be interpreted to mean “old wine that has got tastier.”

For offering that interpretation, Femi Adesina must be a poor teacher and a bad interpreter or a false prophet.

As a former dictator, President Buhari has always meant what he said, and always said what he meant without minding which ox is gored.

I remembered vividly during the electioneering campaign, he was on Aljazeera on February 8, and despite seeking for votes, he blatantly said that those who do not like his face should not vote for him. On hearing that I almost lost my breath;

“If people don’t like Buhari’s face for what he did as a military Head of State, let them join the ruling party or any of the other mushroom parties and vote against him and convince his constituency to vote against me.”
Or did Nigerians need the chief priest in Okija shrine to come and interprete this again?

President Buhari has been known for making blunt statements and has never been diplomatic in his statements. A soldier is always a soldier!

Nigerians don’t need the interpretation of Lai Mohammed and Femi Adesina to understand the statement of their President.

Or is the APC telling us that we no longer understand English, because I do understand that Buhari did not make that comment in Arabic or Swahili.

The meaning of his statement is that he is too old to pilot the affairs of this country, QED.

We can see that Pa Buhari is yet to make major appointments such as the Secretary General of the Federation, SGF, and Ministers after three weeks of his inauguration.

We are aware that a string of attacks by suspected Boko Haram militants has come in the wake of the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari, leaving hundreds dead and several defenceless citizens injured.

We don’t need a soothsayer to tell us three weeks after Buhari assumption of office Nigeria is still wobbling and crawling with no direction in sight.

We are aware he referred to the Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel, as “President Michelle of West Germany.”

Some social media lovers chided the President for making such an error.

When, Buhari said “at 72, there is a limit to what I can do”, he meant what he said, and he said what he meant.

The task is enormous for a 72-year old man.

Femi and Lai Mohammed who are spin doctors can offer their interpretation to the mariners. We are already reading the handwritings on the wall.

Source: http://www.post-nigeria.com/is-president-buhari-now-speaking-in-tongues-by-audu-o-audu/

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by INTROVERT(f): 8:32am On Jun 23, 2015
The words had barely come out of his mouth, when the National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed and the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina jumped out as “Interpreter Generals of the Federation

grin grin grin grin grin

Isn't that their job.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by Trailblazer1(m): 8:33am On Jun 23, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by OsilamaPN(m): 8:35am On Jun 23, 2015
INTROVERT:
The words had barely come out of his mouth, when the National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed and the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina jumped out as “Interpreter Generals of the Federation

grin grin grin grin grin

Isn't that their job.

Because it was not English Buhari spoke? Or Nigerians are all illiterates?

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by mistabiola: 8:36am On Jun 23, 2015
Oops

1 Like

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by temitemi1(m): 8:40am On Jun 23, 2015
Baba is not only speaking in tonques but also in spirit grin grin grin

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by jesussaves22: 8:47am On Jun 23, 2015
I will die when am laughing in nairaland. Because nairalanders will nt kill me. But wait oh "WHICH ONE BE INTERPRETER GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION"

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by youngeagle(m): 8:47am On Jun 23, 2015
I'm still expecting him to do media chat at every quarter of the year....because all those packaging has gone pass boundary and again sorry for Nigerian youths.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by MKO4ever(m): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2015
Find below analysis of your results:

An ugly baby boy that joined nairaland five days ago_on June 18, 2015
Just in five days, you have already created 11 posts
Funny that all the 11 posts you created are in one direction-saTAN

Why don't you repent and stop building your houses on the sand (stop being foolish)

No wonder none of your eleven post has made front page (including this one)

Infact you did not even get any comment in some of the posts

A word is enough for the wise

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by talktimi(m): 8:59am On Jun 23, 2015
MKO4ever:

[s]Find below analysis of your results:

All your threads are in one direction-saTAN
Unfortunately none of your eleven post has made front page (including this one)
I am only stating these facts so that you can repent because you still have a long way in life
[/s]

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by buskie13(m): 9:28am On Jun 23, 2015
de dullard of a president that we have....so pathetic that some ppl were screaming 'Change' for a serial loser like Buhari ...

13 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by dealslip(f): 9:35am On Jun 23, 2015
call me a bigot but my people have refused to listen, why should it be Liar Mohammed and Femi Adeshina that have to clean up Buhari's vomit. Let Shehu Garba do those dirty job. They and their career will go down the toilet bowl faster than they know because of having to interprete jargons from the stables of an illiterate, they will come under the heavy criticsm of Nigerians while Shehu Garba will move on to become the minister of information or other more dignifying roles. Because their reputation is going down the drain fast, I am not a saTANIST nor Progrethieves. Oodua, I hope your inner eyes can see what I am talking, It has always been like this from the get go. Matured response not quotes from those still wearing diapers. Thank You

24 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by OsilamaPN(m): 9:45am On Jun 23, 2015
MKO4ever:

Why don't you repent and stop building your houses on the sand (stop being foolish)

You said ugly baby boy. That's just sexist. I may be a woman impersonating a man. Who's to say?... The fact you've been keeping track of my post just shows the height of your joblessness. But no matter, CHANGE is here, you should be gainfully employed soon enough. cool

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by MKO4ever(m): 11:13am On Jun 23, 2015
OsilamaPN:

You said ugly baby boy. That's just sexist. I may be a woman impersonating a man. Who's to say?... The fact you've been keeping track of my post just shows the height of your joblessness. But no matter, CHANGE is here, you should be gainfully employed soon enough. cool

I work with a research company, if you know the meaning of research you better keep quiet else, I will release more analytical results of you grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by dunsman(f): 11:27am On Jun 23, 2015
MKO4ever:

I'm no make front page and so.... we dae talk say baba dae speak in tongues u dae talk history. how jobless are u to pool out someone's post.... well ur baba never pay u ur 5k, y u no go dae jobless

11 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by MKO4ever(m): 11:44am On Jun 23, 2015
dunsman:
I'm no make front page and so.... we dae talk say baba dae speak in tongues u dae talk history. how jobless are u to pool out someone's post.... well ur baba never pay u ur 5k, y u no go dae jobless

I'm no make front page what kind of grammar is this?

how jobless are u to pool out someone's post Please show me your certificate

Even if you did not go to school, you should be able to see by yourself that the guy in my displayed picture doesn't look like one without a job. common stop being clueless like your hero

1 Like

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by dunsman(f): 11:57am On Jun 23, 2015
MKO4ever:

I work with a research company, if you know the meaning of research you better keep quiet else, I will release more analytical results of you grin
chibok girls dae u no research, unpaid salaries nbam, subsidy nbam, abeg how u take get employment self... u sure say u do screening. Baba!!!! pls change our screening system its not safe again

26 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by PRYCE(m): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
Dullardo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by francizy(m): 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
PRYCE:
Dullardo

Muhehehehehe, does this mean P-square missed the right title? Dullardo.. But woman no fit wan Dullardo na.. grin

1 Like

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
INTROVERT:

grin grin grin grin grin

Isn't that their job.

Funny chic.

The janjawiids will be like

[img]http://imagemacros.files./2009/07/ahmadinejad.jpg[/img]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
MKO4ever:

Stop your foolishness

5 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by youngice(m): 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
I see it now buhari has no vision for Nigeria only his acclaimed hate for corruption, he didn't have a plan for ruling he just wanted to rule
God knows I personally prefer him to Jonathan but this blind leading blind government that we are seeing is 'turning my belle' even the juggernauts I expected to se pulling strings have retired to their castles ,as to what exactly they are doing there, I haven't the slightst idea
Buhari needs a thinking group to come and brainstorm and develop a working plan on how to sort important issue's out ,something the Ahmed joda committee but more diverse and 'sharper' and he should be abreast of what is happening around him as a president you are by law not permitted to be ignorant of the world around you, he should also stop chasing shadows ,Nigerians are not fools we know it's allowances not salary that comprises the bulk of money that our NASS members siphon
My 2 cents to my Septuagint president

Youngice

8 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by Bonapart(m): 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by LAfricana(m): 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
oga, go han sit down.... na u analyze pass undecided

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa
Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by DancingSkeleton(m): 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
grin
Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by greatbaba(m): 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
K
Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by kay29000(m): 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
Haha! Very funny post...from a very 'funny' guy. But I'll tell you this, Buhari definitely has his short comings, but even at that he will be far better than Jonathan. Even if Buhari sits in his office toilet, sh*tting all day, he would still perform 10 times better than Goodluck at the end of the day. Anyway,if you have problem lastinglong in bed, hitme up on BBM- 7C22F6EC

3 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by bamsboy: 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by wonderfulman(m): 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
He can resign hounorably now before He is impeached for unproductivity

1 Like

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by kekakuz(m): 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
[size=20pt] hmmm
I wonder in what tongues he is speaking.
cow language? [/size]

10 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu by igbsam(m): 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
Tanoids wud feast on this...

Just wait for it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn / Ooni Of Ife Meets Governor Ugwuanyi / Muhammad Wakili Retires From Police Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.