Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Website Designer Needed Urgently - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Designer Needed Urgently (1170 Views)

Prolific And Professional Website Designer And Developer Needed / Who Is The Most Reliable & Creative Website Designer On Nairaland? / Should I Hire This Website Designer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Designer Needed Urgently by surveycash(m): 9:31pm On Mar 23, 2009
Good day NL,

I need a web designer to design a simple 4-7 page website. The site will have two forms, one for receiving orders and the other one for receiving payment confirmation. I want the results of the forms to be sent to my e-mail in html format.

Creativity will be higly regarded.

My budget is N10, 000 hosting inclusive and I need the job completed before Sunday 30th March, 2009.

If you think you are man enough for the task, then shoot me a mail at gr8intelligensia@yahoo.com
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 24, 2009
Let the bidding start. . .let us reduce the pages to 3. . .
one for home, one for contact, and one for the form that get sent to your email. . .then for hosting. . .we can use all these free subdomains?
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by wknd: 8:37am On Mar 24, 2009
surveycash:

My budget is N10, 000 hosting inclusive and I need the job completed before Sunday 30th March, 2009.

@poster, you sound like a joker.
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by naijafan(m): 12:12pm On Mar 24, 2009
@poster,
you kidding, right?
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by segsalerty(m): 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2009
I can do it for 1k , tongue
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by quadrillio(m): 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2009
am speechless

dont be surprise that one hungry designer will chat him up

@poster
there is a guy that has a thread where u can a website for as low as 3k maybe both of u can be business partners  grin  grin  grin

u will a big client to him, since u're will to pay 10k

Naija n devaluation, that is why our Naira self no get value.
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by segsalerty(m): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2009
Ah, me , i will Kuku do it for am for that price
I didnt shoot him at his email gr8intelligensia@yahoo.com , i BOMBed him coz am gonna do the job for him tongue
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by lekywhite(m): 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2009
Bros Haba, 10k if u need help from us here to assist designing website for you free, we can do it, but don't come and rubbish us here, we maybe freelancers but we are not hungry. Try another forum !
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by yawatide(f): 4:24pm On Mar 24, 2009
Pardon the assumption and potential for being labelled with all sorts of names but it appears to me that the poster went around town in search of a web developer and having found none he could pay the 10K decided to post on here NL, in hopes that someone will take the bait.

poster:
no offense but given the price you are willing to pay and the date by which you need it, I think you should consider increasing the pay.  By how much? I won't mention what I would charge but 10K just wouldn't cut it for me.  As someone has posted earlier, you should probably ask that it be done for free so that some newbie could use it on his portfolio.

Let's think about this a bit:
1) What can 10K, in these times get you?
2) Do you think that it costs 10K to learn the art and science of web dev?
3) How much do you think companies in Lagos are paying web developers, on average, per month?
4) Do you think developing a 4 - 7 page website is the equivalent of say, mixing pap and preparing akara? In other words, you think any Obinna, Musa or Babatunde can develop one?

Again, rethink your price. Again, if you don't have the money, say so.  You might prick someone's heart.  On the other hand, maybe you can find say, students at some school who are eager to get their hands wet to do it for free in exchange for you referring them to others.

Good luck!
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by yawatide(f): 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2009
This is what you will most likely get for 10K http://www.southsouthnigeria.org/

Maybe you don't mind but to me, I see this, and I run faster than Bolt did during the Olympics, both as a visitor to your site and as a web developer. It wreaks of corruption and 419 IMHO.
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by smartsoft(m): 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2009
dude he said 100k lol? so na u dey spoil dis biz, ? see don't be suprise my love yawa lol someone will call him ! don't be suprise with hosting abi ? and domain, you go grow white hair infact you see i just saw same thing on guardian newspaper, everything include hosting and domain and design for that amount
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by ztyle(m): 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2009
@poster u don get the web designer now?
. . .*Long Yawn* & bypass thread embarassed
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 24, 2009
Ok, i will do it. . .all the seven pages. . .for =N= 500.00, bomb me at . . . dhtml@omo-naija.co.uk
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by ztyle(m): 7:14pm On Mar 24, 2009
dhtml:

Ok, i will do it. . .all the seven pages. . .for =N= 500.00, bomb me at . . . dhtml@omo-naija.co.uk
bomb you kia shocked, then who go do the job na? lol na wa. grin
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2009
surveycash:

Good day NL,

I need a web designer to design a simple 4-7 page website. The site will have two forms, one for receiving orders and the other one for receiving payment confirmation. I want the results of the forms to be sent to my e-mail in html format.

Creativity will be higly regarded.

If you think you are man enough for the task, then shoot me a mail at gr8intelligensia@yahoo.com

He sounded like it is real big dough. cant blame him
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by yawatide(f): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2009
yep it does sound credible.  However the poster either lacks appreciation for what we do and/or he is purposely setting a low price expectation that way, worse case, you charge 20K.  It's allowed.  It doesn't mean you have to do it though  tongue

Again, my reasons for saying there is a lack of appreciation for what we do:
1) The website would be done under a short timeline

2) For number of pages and insistence on creativity, 10K is too low

3) I don't think the poster realizes that even with the cheapest hosting option, say for the sake of argument, N1K, the web developer will be getting less for actual work

4) Nowhere in this post is anything mentioned with respect to maintenance, whether the poster realizes that he will probably be getting 1 year of hosting tops, etc.

5) I don't think the poster realizes that a website is more than design.  There is also the development, a whole other process: validating forms, SEO work, testing for broken links, compatibility on different browsers, etc.

I am willing to give the poster a pass on this one.  Having said that, unless someone has taken him up on the offer, I say he upgrade his price to get the bigger (and better) fish, who tend to lurk at the bottom of the river, to rise to the top.

From experience, an education such as I have given here usually does the trick at least 50% of the time.  Honestly, we really need to go beyond being code monkeys and start becoming true professionals who don't just jump at an opportunity for the cash but actually sit back and think of what they are going to do, how they are going to go about doing it and presenting to the client (in a professional way of course) why a certain approach may not necessarily be the best (in this case, pricing).
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by ztyle(m): 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2009
. . you like plenty talkinq!
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by yawatide(f): 2:32pm On Mar 25, 2009
zstyle, if you are referring to me then, yes I do tongue

I discovered long time ago that the more I talk (about relevant stuff of course wink), the less likely I am going to be asked questions about it. I have this weakness generally for not wanting to go back to repeat myself. Thus, I anticipate future questions in advance and answer them in one fell swoop cool
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by ztyle(m): 2:43pm On Mar 25, 2009
Frankly speakinq i admire your style, ur words are motivatinq! cool. . . yawa wetin happen to ur YIM?
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2009
hmmm, epistle, it's ok as long as it comes in one fell swoop

what do u guys think about this.

I met a client recently who says, he loved my website but i need to provide him with a demo for his company website.
I have obviously outgrown demo building (if u see my folio and u still doubt, then give the job to someone else).
I explained clearly why we dont do demo and that we will require an insurance fee of N20,000 before hitting our creative pots
They insisted and bragged about other creative developers out there not charging up to what am charging and they have already submitted their demos

I walked away thinking that was the end until a developer friend called me up lately asking that i help add some flash effect to that same company's website.
from my findings, this is no demo, it is the real deal.
he is a good friend so i intend moving in on it, but do u think it is worth the effort? if u ask me, i will say "what goes around, comes around"
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by yawatide(f): 6:28pm On Mar 25, 2009
Sure, if the price is right, why not?  Besides, how better to rub it in than to purposely show your face in their offices after payment has been made? grin Besides, I learned long time ago that when it comes to money, anything that happens is strictly business and nothing is personal. You make your decisions and I make mine. At the end of the day, we shake hands and move on. Simple.

how about this for a possible scenario though?
"Yeah, you said others were doing a better/cheaper job?  hmm, how come the guy you have now couldn't even do simple flash?"  tongue
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 25, 2009
for a second i will advice you guys to take the blame off the poster and look inwards to your "hungry colleagues" who instead of doing a job for free they would charge as low as 3k, believe it or not, people are that desperate.

I received a call from a friend who is into networking and hardware yesterday saying he was in a clients office and the client wanted a website so i just tell hime how much i will take, after telling him, this guy look me finish price me (a whole me) to N20,000. he was even begging me to take it that the guy actually wanted to pay 15k but for the fact that he knows i am good he will convince the guy to pay 20k, guys i no go lie shame catch me for this profession staright away.

Thats why i am trying my hands on other stuffs 'cus some desperate hungry dudes have really made website developers look like hungry dudes out there looking for cool and legit "peanut".

Anyway sha, as for me i am comfortable with my price range, even if i wont get jobs as regularly as the guys that charge 3k, one thing is sure that one job i get paid for will take them a whole 3 years to meet up in terms of cost.

I could be flexible in pricing but deffinately not to this extent of looking hungry (bcus even the client sef go dey laugh for him mind).

@poster abeg go all these computer schools their students are looking for "projects" to do, SHIKENA!!!!
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by yawatide(f): 12:22pm On Mar 26, 2009
talknafree, if talk na free, how much is action?  Just kidding  tongue

I personally will put it on the poster.  Here is why?  When you went to buy the shirt you are wearing now (unless you walk around naked), chances are that you "priced" it right?  My point: we are used to "pricing" things, sometimes going waaaay below, in an attempt to get the best deal.

If you price, what is wrong with the poster pricing? Nothing, IMHO.  That is why I devoted a lot of time to explaining why 10K won't just cut it in my books.

By the way, don't forget that there is something called "reverse psychology".  Chances are that the guy for 15K probably doesn't even exist.  It is an attempt to make you feel bad and come down on your prices.   Come on now, you have probably done same yourself. Case in point: Within the last hour or so, I have been chatting back and forth with someone on Facebook in Nigeria who wants a site for his NGO. I tell him the price and guess what his next statement was? (Word-for-word) "wow that's much in naira,what about something less".

Even when we know they are getting a bargain, pricing is in our nature. We can't help it grin
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by OmniPotens(m): 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2009
What if after all these long talks, someone has done this job from the silence? It is just too possible. At least one client called me asking for a school management software and was pleading for 10, 000. I didn't bother saying anything than to say thanks for calling and goodbye. But now, someone from here, one of those learning the PHP tutorials from the sticky tutorials thread on this section is doing the work. How did I know? He bold came asking me how to make the database this morning and I just played around to understand it was the same job I rejected that he was doing and for 10, 000.

I agree with you "talknafree" because a student still learning PHP intro is already assuming himself a pro and has taken over a full-blown portal work. Is he a hungry developer? May be YES but in the making as a web developer anyway. But I'm watching to see the completed work. I won't fail to bring it up here for review as soon as I lay my hands at the URL.

We've talked this kind of issue time without number. Let's work to improve our profession and make it our career and not just a play thing.
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by quadrillio(m): 3:41pm On Mar 26, 2009
OmniPotens:

We've talked this kind of issue time without number. Let's work to improve our profession and make it our career and not just a play thing.

true talk
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by yawatide(f): 4:26pm On Mar 26, 2009
I agree with you "talknafree" because a student still learning PHP intro is already assuming himself a pro and has taken over a full-blown portal work.
Hmm, I hate to say it but for such a project, with the inexperience of the developer, it is doomed to fail. If at all I am to look at it positively, the client will get exactly what they want - a N10K piece of software.

How do I know? He is asking about how to "make" a database. If he is asking this then you can rest assured he has no knowledge of database normalization. If he does the job solo, and it sounds like he will, the job is bound to fail. Next thing, the same client will be looking for someone to redo it. Me personally, and I say this from experience, will recommend redoing it from the ground up.

I guess the client could also be blamed for it if the project fails. I mean, there is an onus on the client to verify that the developer does know what they claim to know.
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 26, 2009
i dont hit my head on the wall on these anymore.
I recently got someone who invited my over to Eko hotel n suites so where he lodged so we cud talk about his project.

He has a very good spirit if you listen to him and he successfully convinced me to do a job worth 250k for 65k, he talked me to this for hours.
the moment i stepped out of his suite. I knew that was the last time i wud see him.

65k wont even pay for that night he lodged there. Only God knows when he checked in.
I know when next he meets another developer, there is a good chance he wont sweet talk him
maybe when we form an association of programmers, we can implement something like this.

"no project below say N35,000", if they feel it's just 2 pages, let them read some html and D-I-Y it
it will help the industry but somehow, i dont see it ever working
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by yawatide(f): 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2009
maybe when we form an association of programmers, we can implement something like this.

As a free market capitalist, I would rather we let natural forces dictate price. Chances are that the minute we do such, they will be outsourcing to India and the likes not to mention, I would feel slighted if a newbie earned the same amount as me on a project that is similar in nature.

If there is to be an association, I would hope it would have as a focus, user groups, where we sit together and trade/barter latest dev trends. In other words, not even an exco. We meet, exchange ideas, and leave. My humble opinion anways.
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by Emmiko(m): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2009
I think you are right webdezzi, an association of web developers and programmers (competent ones) should be formed in order to keep the respect of this lovely profession. Because some people have really messed up the name of web development. Many clients now look for cheap ways to get a good piece of work (thanks to those hungry developers).

These days, businesses and corporate organizations have seen the need to get a web presence especially in this our developing part of the world. They know that it would not only give them an edge over their competitors, but will boost their marketing prowess. So they look for ways to get involved in this web thing. There is really great potentials in this area.

So leave those clients who want websites for N10 000 for those hungry ones and they will get the services of that amount. Chances are that these people receiving these amount are not just desperate but incompetent and want to make the money fast fast, you know na - naija!
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2009
IF YOU NEED HELP ABOUT WEBDESIGN, im me on pooch4style3@yahoo.com or 08051269800
Re: Website Designer Needed Urgently by quadrillio(m): 4:45pm On Apr 03, 2009
goldtito:

IF YOU NEED HELP ABOUT WEBDESIGN, im me on pooch4style3@yahoo.com or 08051269800

Application closed on the 30th of march grin

(1) (Reply)

I Need A .ch Domain Name / Web Design, Wats Ur Price? / President Obama Commends Yookos.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.