Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Computer Guru! Help Provide Solution To This Unwanted Add-on Displaying - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Guru! Help Provide Solution To This Unwanted Add-on Displaying (763 Views)

A Nairalander Needs Your Help On Internal Speaker Issue, Computer Guru's COME IN / Become A Computer Guru From Your Comfort Zone, We Also Provide Free Courses / A Laptop Technician Is Here To Provide Solution To Any Of Your Laptop Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Guru! Help Provide Solution To This Unwanted Add-on Displaying by Humblega(m): 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
hello sir/ma

i have issue with my browsers. whenever am browsing many add-on usual show on every new page loaded.

the add n varies in size and can be put on anywhere of the original test. it making my battery to get exhausted in shorter time, computer fan is working faster, heat generating increasing and data consumption is abnormally getting high.

ON ADD-ON discription

sometime it will be by side, up, down or middle of the text with advert of particular product. some of the time it do come as whole page advert and such may be betting site, 1 manufacturing company or anything

What can i do to stop this madness?
Re: Computer Guru! Help Provide Solution To This Unwanted Add-on Displaying by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
well, since you asked, try adblock add-on on your browser. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom...if you use chrome
or just google your question.

meanwhile the extention works well, there are still some stubborn ads that automatically install on your browser which you can manually remove.
Re: Computer Guru! Help Provide Solution To This Unwanted Add-on Displaying by shawlxAk(m): 4:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
Step 1. Remove Plugins/Add-Ons/Extensions

In Firefox, click the Tools menu and select Add-ons. Alternatively, press ctrl + shift + A. In the window that appears, select Extensions in the left corner. Browse through and remove extensions that you do not recognize or trust.

If you are not sure, you can try disabling the extensions one at a time and restarting your browser in each case to see if the problem is solved. When you eventually find the culprit, simply remove it.

If you are using Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon at the top right hand corner. Select manage add-ons. Click Tools and Extensions.

In Google Chrome, click on the Wrench icon at the top right corner and select Tools, and then Extensions.

Step 2. Examine recently installed applications.

Basically, search for any recently installed software that you do not recognize or trust and simply uninstall it.

As a precaution when installing new applications in future, do not click too fast through the installation process. Take your time and read through, so that you do not unknowingly agree to any additional program you might not want to install. If there is an option for Advanced or Custom installation, click it to find out if there is any other malicious or unwanted plugin offered to be installed as well. uncheck any such offers.

http://sholadaitman..com/2014/08/green-double-underlined-words-in-web.html

Humblega:
hello sir/ma

i have issue with my browsers. whenever am browsing many add-on usual show on every new page loaded.

the add n varies in size and can be put on anywhere of the original test. it making my battery to get exhausted in shorter time, computer fan is working faster, heat generating increasing and data consumption is abnormally getting high.

ON ADD-ON discription

sometime it will be by side, up, down or middle of the text with advert of particular product. some of the time it do come as whole page advert and such may be betting site, 1 manufacturing company or anything

Re: Computer Guru! Help Provide Solution To This Unwanted Add-on Displaying by bedfordng(m): 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
Humblega:
hello sir/ma

ON ADD-ON discription

then remove some of the add-on/plugin you have installed if its causing problems.

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Threads, Please Help!!!! / Pepsi Launches Android Phones "P1 And P1s / Selling On Your Site Made Easy. Get Fully Functional E-commerce Website (DETAILS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.