Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,696 members, 7,831,171 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce (11493 Views)

Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu / Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG / Nigerian States And What They Produce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 6:27am On Aug 13, 2015
The OP said he did a research on solid minerals in Nigeria and went on to say this blasphemy.

Even if there is no google, any geography student if asked about Gold deposit in Nigeria will first shout Osun state.

But then, as a Nigerian I am used to half educated Igbo scholars throwing around maps and data to back their lies

6 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 6:29am On Aug 13, 2015
biafranqueen:
Please post your own proof don't act like masturbators all talk no action or substance.

lol grin grin grin grin grin please can you stop quoting me.

I am only going to debunk the lies in this so called whatever and move on.
Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 6:33am On Aug 13, 2015
How can you do a research on Gold in Nigeria and say you are surprised Osun state is mentioned.

Its like saying you are researching beaches in Nigeria and you are surpised Lagos has beaches.

Or you did a research on crude in Nigeria but you are surpise Akwa Ibom has crude.

Obviously the research was done in your village under a tree

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by Pavore9: 6:36am On Aug 13, 2015
l believe we are all educated enough to go through and analyse the data provided by the two threads and stop creeping in tribalism. What we all have in common is that whatever has been attributed to our states/regions has not been fully harnessed to spur development. Smart Nigerians, rather than hurl insults at each other would use the data as a tool for gathering information on business possibilities!

7 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 6:36am On Aug 13, 2015
This is for resent happening on mining in Nigeria:

Source:http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/manufacturing/185680-dangote-6-others-set-for-gold-mining-other-minerals-in-nigeria.html

Dangote, 6 others set for gold mining, other minerals in Nigeria

Seven firms licensed to mine gold and other solid minerals in different parts of Nigeria are set to commence operation, an official has said.

The Director-General of the Nigeria Mining Cadastre Office, Mohammed Amate, said the seven mining firms were at the moment mobilising the required financing from the capital market to undertake full-scale gold, coal, iron-ore and lead/zinc mining this year.

Apart from Dangote Group, the other six firms include Kogi Mines Limited, Segilola Nigeria Limited, Mines Geotechniques Nigeria Limited, Northern Numero Resources Limited, West African Polaris Investment Limited and Tongyi Allied and Mineral Services Limited.

Kogi Mines, which is an an Australian mining firm, would mine iron ore at Agbaja area of Kogi State, while Segilola Nigeria Limited would mine gold at the Iperindo axis of the IIesha gold schist belt in Osun State.

Similarly, Geotechniques Nigeria Limited and Northern Numero Resources Limited, which are both Australian companies, would mine gold in Kebbi State, while Dangote Group would mine coal in Kogi and Benue states.

The West African Polaris Investment Limited, which a Chinese firm, would mine tin and columbite in Nasarawa State and the Tongyi Allied and Mineral Services Limited, another Chinese company, would mine lead/zinc in Wasa, Plateau State.

Mr. Amate said in view of the capital intensive nature of projects in the the solid minerals sector, the firms were determined toexplore whatever opportunities are there in the capital market to help raise the funding needed for their mining activity.

The firms, which the Director General said have since obtained the relevant mining licences to mine gold and other minerals in the country, have completed their exploration mapping programmes to delineate the mineral deposits prior to the actual commencement of mining operations.

The commencement of the mining programme by the firms, he explained, had to be delayed till now as no financial institution was ready to commit funding to the development of mining sector until adequate bankable feasibility studies were carried out under the auspices of the internationally recognised Joint Ore Reserve Committee specifications.

1 Like

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 6:38am On Aug 13, 2015
@OP

I think you may have to redo your research cause obviously there is something wrong with this also, don't worry soon you will be liberated from the spirit keeping you from doing a proper research

1 Like

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 6:40am On Aug 13, 2015
How can a region too broke to implement simple education policy after independence sustain Nigeria in the same period we are practicing regionalism

God go punish all the wicked academic liars and facts twisters in Nigeria.

Amen

4 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by Idiataqueen(f): 6:40am On Aug 13, 2015
I dont believe dat on fp, when i c oyo then i know is error.If d op says oyo is an ewedu and efo producing state i will believe, they are very lazy hee is d egede dat is doing d farming for them.They love ride okada than farming.
Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 6:46am On Aug 13, 2015
ikechu1278:
A little of history I read while doing this research. something that caught my interest and I feel needed to be shown (sidenote: yes it is another debunking myth)

In other words it was agriculture, Coal, Tin, Columbite and Gold was what sustained the country prior to the discovery of Oil meaning North, south south and south east were the regions that sustained the country before everything fell on south south's shoulder
http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/sectorstat/sectors/Minning%20and%20Quarrying%20%28Solid%20Minerals%29

I don't know about anyone else but I found that intriguing.

I find it intriguing the bold face lies spewed on this thread by you Mr. OP.

In your warped mind all Agric produce you lump together including COCOA, yet you did a slit for solid Minerals.

In your earlier post you admitted Ondo state was and still is the highest producer of Cocoa which earned Nigeria the lion share of its forex during this period.

How can the SE that cannot sustain a social programme as free education sustain Nigeria, yet at a period regionalism was been practiced?

I am forced to conclude you are bold face liar. The SE couldn't even sustain itself not to talk of any other region. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 6:47am On Aug 13, 2015
Idiataqueen:
I dont believe dat on fp, when i c oyo then i know is error.If d op says oyo is an ewedu and efo producing state i will believe, they are very lazy hee is d egede dat is doing d farming for them.They love ride okada than farming.

Were you born this way? or your are just practicing this?

4 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by Idiataqueen(f): 6:50am On Aug 13, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Were you born this way? or your are just practicing this?
who is dis?pls Bleep off my mention.

4 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by biafranqueen: 6:50am On Aug 13, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

lol grin grin grin grin grin please can you stop quoting me.

I am only going to debunk the lies in this so called whatever and move on.

Stop showing teeth and do your worst debunk it we are waiting cool

3 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 13, 2015
Nollywwood-Enugu,Anambra,Imo
Rice-Ebonyi
Cement-Ebonyi
Car and motorcycle assembly/manufacturing-
Nnewi Oil and Gas-IMO,Anambra and Abia(largest natural
gas reserve)
Coal-Enugu
Bauxite-Anambra
Footwear-Abia
Hotels-Imo Transportation-Anambra and IMo
Iron ore-Ebonyi
Palm oil-cassava-cashew-Yam-plantain-Banana-
garden egg-Melon-Ogbono-cocoa-okra-all south
east state
Assess to sea-River Niger(Anambra)Oguta(imo state and Azumili(abia state)
Airport-Enugu and imo
Markets-Onitsha int'l(largest in Africa),Ariara,Nnewi
spare parts market and Ogbete
Textile-Aba
Ceramic-anambra lead,zinc,iroko,mahogany,obeche,bamboo-Imo
salt-Ebonyi
And we are good to go.
Even with Nigeria's government economic
sanctions(no int'l airport,no seaport,abondoned
coal,limestone,iron ore mines etc)with regional automy,we are going to compete with china and
taiwan

5 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 6:53am On Aug 13, 2015
biafranqueen:
Stop showing teeth and do your worst debunk it we are waiting cool

PAINED MOFOS cheesy
Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 6:54am On Aug 13, 2015
Idiataqueen:
who is dis?pls Bleep off my mention.

lol........ grin

1 Like

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by kenny987(f): 6:56am On Aug 13, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
The OP said he did a research on solid minerals in Nigeria and went on to say this blasphemy.

Even if there is no google, any geography student if asked about Gold deposit in Nigeria will first shout Osun state.

But then, as a Nigerian I am used to half educated Igbo scholars throwing around maps and data to back their lies

You have been trying very hard to turn this thread into a tribal mud-slinging match and so far no one has taken the bait. I hope it remains that way so you can see that it doesn't make u any better or greater being as petty as you've been. If you feel some information posted by the op is inaccurate then point them out or correct same without playing the ethnic card cos frankly it is getting old and sickening.

Nigeria today is in the mess it is because our leaders from time past collectively failed to develop agriculture. The effects today affect each region without reservation. So even if one region was supposedly the best in anything down to free education, all of that is lost now and the more decent and mature thing to do is profer solutions rather than the silly tribalism card you've been playing.

Before Nigeria came into existence people were eating and going about their lives just fine. In the time of regional governance regions were developing at their pace and free education or not, people got educated both in the SE and SW. Governance is a balancing act and is all about putting effective policies in place and not unsustainable ones.

10 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by biafranqueen: 6:57am On Aug 13, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
I want you to correct the statement above on existence of Gold in Osogbo, Osun State.

There is gold in Osogbo which is mined illegally as we speak notwithstanding the arrangement made by Gov. Aregbesola with Australian company in June, 2014 which is yet to move to site.

Don't mind that dullard he is counting something that has not even happened yet as proof. While we are measuring current production he is talking about what is going to happen. Haters gotta hate and continue to masturbate grin
Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by biafranqueen: 7:00am On Aug 13, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

PAINED MOFOS cheesy

You are posting something that has not even happened. How can we count it when they have not even started mining? You are so off point post the gold that has already been mined and measured like the OP has done or just move on to the next thread.

2 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by CyberWolf: 7:03am On Aug 13, 2015
kenny987:

You have been trying very hard to turn this thread into a tribal mud-slinging match and so far no one has taken the bait. I hope it remains that way so you can see that it doesn't make u any better or greater being as petty as you've been. If you feel some information posted by the op is inaccurate then point them out or correct same without playing the etnic card cos frankly it is getting old and sickening.

Nigeria today is in the mess it is because our leaders from time past collectively failed to develop agriculture. The effects today affect each region without reservation. So even if one region was supposedly the best in anything down to free education, all of that is lost now and the more decent and mature thing to do is profer solutions rather than the silly ethnic card you've been playing.
Don't mind that ediotic bantu...Just ignore him because as the saying goes, "Silence is the best answer to a fool"

2 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 7:05am On Aug 13, 2015
biafranqueen:
You are posting something that has not even happened. How can we count it when they have not even started mining? You are so off point post the gold that has already been mined and measured like the OP has done or just move on to the next thread.

Shut up your putrid mouth:

I will believe an OP that claim he did a research on Gold deposits in Nigeria and he is surprise Osun state has GOLD.

He claimed the SE sustained Nigeria at a period the SE was too broke to implement a simple free education programme by Azikiwe.

You village folks take your own foolishness to serious.

I know you are a bigot, but still you can be one with being foolish grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by funkybully(f): 7:11am On Aug 13, 2015
Thanks OP for debunking the lies of the "sophisticated " liars.

More intelligence to ur brain.

This is more credible with verifiable statistical datas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 7:11am On Aug 13, 2015
kenny987:

You have been trying very hard to turn this thread into a tribal mud-slinging match and so far no one has taken the bait. I hope it remains that way so you can see that it doesn't make u any better or greater being as petty as you've been. If you feel some information posted by the op is inaccurate then point them out or correct same without playing the ethnic card cos frankly it is getting old and sickening.

Nigeria today is in the mess it is because our leaders from time past collectively failed to develop agriculture. The effects today affect each region without reservation. So even if one region was supposedly the best in anything down to free education, all of that is lost now and the more decent and mature thing to do is profer solutions rather than the silly tribalism card you've been playing.

The thread already went tribal when the OP said he is surprise OSun HAS GOLD and went on to cliam the SS,North,SE sustained Nigeria at a period Nigeria was practicing regionalism. Yet at this period the SE was even too broke to help itself-ask Azikwe.

Yet he left out COCOA post independence cause that will force him to admit the SW was and always have been able to perform above other regions during the period he is talking about.

The OP is a bigot and really I angry at the level people will decend to turn lies into facts.

How can you do a research on Gold in Nigeria and not know Osun has Gold. This is a fundamental flaw in whatever he claimed to have done and for that reason I cant take any other lie posted up there serious.

Well this is for the little minded bigots from his region, they can believe whatever they want.

thanks

6 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 7:12am On Aug 13, 2015
By bigots.

Driver is here.
Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by nwadiuko1(m): 7:28am On Aug 13, 2015
So the other buffon was just making noise yesterday.......and mods if this doesn't get to the home page then I l know nairaland is a joke

2 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by iconize(m): 8:08am On Aug 13, 2015
Nigeria is all about propaganda.

Lalasticala, kick this to the FP.

2 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 13, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
Immediately after independence Nigeria was practicing regional government with each region sustaining itself.

History and physical evidence show that way back in the 60's the estern region was not ,making enough money to implement a simple programme as simple as free education for its cicitzen. This is the major reason majority of educated igbos were educated in Ibadan in south west Nigeria. Name them, they mostly schooled in Ibadan.

This is PAT UTOMI a renouned Igbo economist has to say recently following an article by Charles soludo on the APC social programmes included on the manifesto:

Here in Nigeria, shortly after self government, in the 1950’s, Nnamdi Azikiwe as Premier of Eastern Region was anxious to match the free education policy of Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Palm Produce did not fetch as much as Cocoa in the Market. The civil servants led by the new Permanent Secretary in Finance, Chief Jerome Udoji thought it could not be done because of limitations of money. Zik insisted and accused Udoji, in Parliament, of trying to sabotage his government.

After 40 percent of the Eastern Nigeria budget of 1957 had gone to education and was still inadequate, the Ugoji team suggested the introduction of fees for Primary 1 and Primary 5. But leadership kicked in. A philosophy called “Ibu anyi danda” raised a formula that created a partnership between government, the communities and missionaries that enabled the East leapfrog the gap in education between the East and West.

most educated igbos studied in s waste

Yoruba people can really lie.

3 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by vicenzo(m): 9:09am On Aug 13, 2015
This is good. Ikechuku, you are the son of your father.
Odua must wake up to the reality that this is the internet age. The years when their media propaganda against Ndiigbo were left unchallenged are gone.
All their lies must be stripped of all veneer of pseudo truth and exposed as lies.

2 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by vicenzo(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2015
ikechu1278:
A little of history I read while doing this research. something that caught my interest and I feel needed to be shown (sidenote: yes it is another debunking myth)

In other words it was agriculture, Coal, Tin, Columbite and Gold was what sustained the country prior to the discovery of Oil meaning North, south south and south east were the regions that sustained the country before everything fell on south south's shoulder
http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/sectorstat/sectors/Minning%20and%20Quarrying%20%28Solid%20Minerals%29

I don't know about anyone else but I found that intriguing.

This is impressive, especially when placed side to side with the below:
Paul Anber's essay "Modernization
and Political Disintegration: Nigeria
and the Ibos" published in the
journal of Modern African Studies
vol. 5, No 2 (Sep, 1967) 163-179.
See pp 171-172 for excerpt:
'' A system of Universal primary
education was introduced in Eastern
Nigeria in 1953, though the mission
schools had already prospered in
the Region long before then.
Despite the fact that there was a
requirement for limited contributory
fees, education continued to be very
much in demand. Even at the time
when universal primary education
was first introduced, the percentage
of the population over seven years
of age who were literate was higher
in the East than in any other
Region: East, 10.6 per cent; West
9.5 percent; North, 0.9 percent.
Since 1959, the East has had more
teachers and pupils than any other
area of the country, with the
heaviest emphasis on primary
education. Figures for elementary
and secondary education indicate
that the approximate ratio of
teachers to population in 1963 was
1 to every 1,500 in the East, 1 to
every 2,500 in th West, and 1 for
every 10,000 in the north. Other
statistical data reveal how rapidly
the standard of living rose among
Ibos. The East had the most
extensive hospital facilities in the
country by 1965, the largest
regional production of electricity in
the country by 1954, and the
greatest number of vehicle
registrations by 1963. The economic
orientation of the Ibos was also
reflected through membership of
credit associations:in 1963 the East
had 68,220 individual members, the
west 5,776, and the north a mere
2,407 ." ''... His source was the
Annual Abstract of Statistics
( Federal Office of Statistics, Lagos,
1965)
"

Ikechuku, you are a blessing to Ndiigbo, simply God's power to Ndiigbo.

5 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by NewNigeriaMind: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2015
Really funny how people believe the stupidest lies cause it sooths their emotions.

The dilution of a people even in 21st century is incomprehensible.

2 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by vicenzo(m): 9:41am On Aug 13, 2015
All Igbo sons and daughters must take this business of debunking Odua false propaganda against Ndiigbo serious, it could be the difference between our life or death. With a better media management of the Nzeogwu coup, and the anti Igbo sentiments going around before that coup from the Odua as represented by Akintola rants, the Igbo massacre and the War could have been avoided.

The business of debunking the Odua lies and preventing them from poisoning the mind of other gullible Nigerians against Ndiigbo, is a life and death business, and can never be over emphasized.

6 Likes

Re: OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce by modhream: 9:47am On Aug 13, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
Really funny how people believe the stupidest lies cause it sooths their emotions.

The dilution of a people even in 21st century is incomprehensible.
There's no reward for stupi.d on nairaland,quit making a show of yourself.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage / Buhari Govt, Worst Ever - Wike / FG Diverts Abuja Roads For June 12 Celebrations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.