Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,274 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! (62192 Views)

Strictly Discounted Prices On Solar & Power Inverter Materials. / Ask Me Anything On Solar,come In If You Need Solar Panels, / Misconceptions About Solar Power? What Is The Right Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by ceaser: 7:26am On May 21, 2016
Pharyn:

Can I have your contact please?
Email to pha*****e@gmail.com
Thanks.

Mail noted. To prevent fisching, you may edit/remove your email address now sir.

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by AKINSULU: 6:45pm On Mar 13, 2018
Good Evening. I want to mount a 300w solar panel over a distance of 30m from the controller. How many mm of cable do I use?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by uloveclara(f): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2019
1) Please how many solar power will carry 1 refrigerator, 1 Television, 6 bulbs, 1 laptop and phone?

2) How many hours will it last?
I leave in an area with poor NEPA light and sometimes low sun rays raining season
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Feranmhine: 1:55pm On Jan 22, 2019
uloveclara:
1) Please how many solar power will carry 1 refrigerator, 1 Television, 6 bulbs, 1 laptop and phone?

2) How many hours will it last?
I leave in an area with poor NEPA light and sometimes low sun rays raining season
you go for any Inverter above 2kva
your power consumption & battery will determine the hours you used
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by jaz(m): 11:25am On Feb 02, 2019
I need affordable cost estimate to use solar in powering a 1.5HP submersible water pump. Usage will be strictly during the day 8am to 6pm, so I think I may not need batteries
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Desanta(m): 12:55pm On Feb 02, 2019
I need the estimate for a 3.5kva solar inverter that will power my deep freezer and pumping machine.

Most of my friends with inverter are complaining that most of the battery available in the country are fake and they didn't last up to 2 years. Is this true?
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Feranmhine: 5:06am On Feb 03, 2019
Desanta:
I need the estimate for a 3.5kva solar inverter that will power my deep freezer and pumping machine.

Most of my friends with inverter are complaining that most of the battery available in the country are fake and they didn't last up to 2 years. Is this true?
sir concern the battery is the rate of consumption & maintenance
& about the estimate, have it in mind, you will spend above #500thousand
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Desanta(m): 7:47am On Feb 03, 2019
Feranmhine:

sir concern the battery is the rate of consumption & maintenance
& about the estimate, have it in mind, you will spend above #500thousand

Thanks.
I have a budget of a million naira.
My fear is if it will carry those items I listed.
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Feranmhine: 8:16am On Feb 04, 2019
Desanta:

Thanks.
I have a budget of a million naira.
My fear is if it will carry those items I listed.
yes sir, it would power it......
how many horsepower is your pumping machine
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by earthrealm(m): 9:17am On Feb 04, 2019
Desanta:

whats the rating of the pumping machine, 1.5hp or 1hp?...and how many hours do you wish to run it daily, ditto goes for the freezer,
lastly how is phcn in your area, and do you wish to add solar to it??
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Desanta(m): 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2019
earthrealm:

whats the rating of the pumping machine, 1.5hp or 1hp?...and how many hours do you wish to run it daily, ditto goes for the freezer,
lastly how is phcn in your area, and do you wish to add solar to it??
The pumping machine is 1.5hp and the inverter is for a about 6 hours daily.
I want to use solar panels. I get phcn light for about 6 hours daily.
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by earthrealm(m): 5:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
Desanta:

The pumping machine is 1.5hp and the inverter is for a about 6 hours daily.
I want to use solar panels. I get phcn light for about 6 hours daily.

read my questions again slowly and answer all of them, you didnt

edit: by ditto i mean whats the wattage of your freezer, and how many hours do you wish to run it daily?
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Desanta(m): 7:00pm On Feb 04, 2019
earthrealm:

read my questions again slowly and answer all of them, you didnt

edit: by ditto i mean whats the wattage of your freezer, and how many hours do you wish to run it daily?

The voltage is 240 volts and I intend to run it for 6 hours daily.
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by earthrealm(m): 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2019
Desanta:

The voltage is 240 volts and I intend to run it for 6 hours daily.

Wattage o...not voltage.
Get someone technical to help you look at the freezer and find out the wattage
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Desanta(m): 10:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
earthrealm:

Wattage o...not voltage.
Get someone technical to help you look at the freezer and find out the wattage

200 WATS.
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by earthrealm(m): 4:38am On Feb 05, 2019
Desanta:

200 WATS.

The main issue is your pumping machine..it draws too much power and would kill your batteries under 1.5yrs..unless you install minimum of 8 batteries.

The safe max energy you should draw from a battery is C/10 = 20amps for a 200ah battery...n this translates to roughly 240w.
Multiply this by the nos of batteries you hv to get the max load you can safely put on your bank.
Total energy stored in a 12v 200ah battery is 2400wh..n total you can safely use is 50% = 1kwh if you factor in losses.
So your 200w freezer wud last 5hrs on a single battery. So use this to know how many batteries you need..depending on the duration.as you can see.the freezer exceeds your battery safe energy draw...thus 2 batts is the minimum you need shud you choose to power only your freezer.

Why not try running your pump only when there is phcn..that way.you can get a 4 x 12v 200ah bank n enjoy it.you can add 6 x 300w solar panels to ensure seemless operation.

Should you insist on the pumping machine..then get 8 or 12 batts and 12 to 18 pieces of 300w Panels.ensure you buy an inverter with a good surge capacity..the mustpower inveeter is affordable and can handle surge loads.would recommend 4kva or higher.

4 Likes

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Desanta(m): 6:58am On Feb 05, 2019
earthrealm:

The main issue is your pumping machine..it draws too much power and would kill your batteries under 1.5yrs..unless you install minimum of 8 batteries.

The safe max energy you should draw from a battery is C/20 = 10amps for a 200ah battery...n this translates to roughly120w.
Multiply this by the nos of batteries you hv to get the max load you can safely put on your bank.
Total energy stored in a 12v 200ah battery is 2400wh..n total you can safely use is 50% = 1kwh if you factor in losses.
So your 200w freezer wud last 5hrs on a single battery. So use this to know how many batteries you need..depending on the duration.as you can see.the freezer exceeds your battery safe energy draw...thus 2 batts is the minimum you need shud you choose to power only your freezer.

Why not try running your pump only when there is phcn..that way.you can get a 4 x 12v 200ah bank n enjoy it.you can add 6 x 300w solar panels to ensure seemless operation.

Should you insist on the pumping machine..then get 8 or 12 batts and 12 to 18 pieces of 300w Panels.ensure you buy an inverter with a good surge capacity..the mustpower inveeter is affordable and can handle surge loads.would recommend 4kva or higher.
Thanks.
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by sureboykris(m): 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
Good day. Please I want to switch to solar power but I don't know where to start from
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by surrogatesng: 11:00pm On Nov 23, 2019
1KVA 1000 WATT SOLAR SYSTEM + 1 FREE SOLAR FAN + 5 LIGHTING POINT

This 1kva (1000 watt)solar system is very economical,durable
and energy efficient.The lighting points are DC 12V low energy
and connected directly to the battery which gives better
performance and longer runtime.It comes with 1 solar standing
fan which consumes very low energy( just 10 watt) but blows
like a turnado.The fan can work 24hrs directly with
nepa,battery and imverter which makes them all weather.This is
truely an efficient solar system.It comes with a 100ah
battery and 150 watt mono crystaline solar panel (mono
crystaline panels are known to perform better than
polyscrystaline panels).It also comes with a 1000 watt
inverter which can be used to charge laptops and also to watch
tv.Our engineer will install it and ensure that the lighting
points are at the designated areas you want them to be in your
home or shop.Also an AC socket will be installed in your room
just incase you prefer watching tv or working on your laptop
in your room.What else do you need to make life comfortable?
Contact us today to get yours.

Price is 135,000 Naira only.
To order call 07067866986,07068410532 or click below to chat on whatsapp

https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002233_banner_jpeg527240edf39824fd5c835e23afd541ae
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002148_1000watt_jpegad3619f5e4b8b8644a95d6b610a6dc75
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10225923_img201909051844053_jpeg7b42125045ccbd6f597eea57e521a75b

Clicl below to chat with us on whatsapp
https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532

TO ORDER
JOYFUL ECHOES AND SYSTEMS
61 Isolo road (Gobi Plaza)
Ile-iwe b/stop Egbe-Ikotun
Lagos,Nigeria
Mobile/Whatsapp: 07067866986,07068410532
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by chinebu(m): 12:43am On Nov 26, 2019
good one
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by sureboykris(m): 10:03pm On Mar 13, 2020
Is this thread still active? Op how does one reach you
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by geesampower(m): 10:01am On Jan 18, 2022
Here
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by geesampower(m): 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Jackpat(m): 10:25am On Apr 04, 2022
So sad this thread is no more active at the time I needed it the most cry cry cry embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! by Northernblood8(m): 7:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
espn:
Nice one OP..very useful information. this might never get to the front-page.
OP: change your heading to tuface..maheeda or Davido smiling at an inverter. I bet u it will get to the FP in 5mins.

Inverters are nice.. I love it. Hope to get one though if GMB fails to fix our light (20 hrs a day)

GMB failed and Tinubu is still playing blame game. Hope you've done the needful

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Space Crew Return To Very Different Earth / Giant Turtle Crawls Into Man's Compound In Bayelsa State. Photos / Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.