Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:33 AM

David Oyelowo Makes History As The First Black James Bond! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / David Oyelowo Makes History As The First Black James Bond! (591 Views)

Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 / Checkout Nigerian-born Hollywood Actor David Oyelowo And His CUTE Kids / David Oyelowo To Play James Bond Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Oyelowo Makes History As The First Black James Bond! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
British/Nigerian actor, David Oyelowo has made history as the first ever black actor to play the role of the iconic James Bond.

The only hitch in this is that we won't actually get to see him play the character.

The ‘Selma’ actor will be playing 007 in a new audiobook,‘Trigger Mortis’, and while this is brilliant news, fans of the franchise are calling for bosses to go one step further, and name David as Daniel Craig’s successor.

David is the first black actor to play Bond, and he’s shared his excitement ahead of the book’s release, telling The Guardian:“I am officially the only person on planet Earth who can release, telling The Guardian:“I am officially the only person on planet Earth who can legitimately say: ‘I am the new James Bond.’

“Even saying that name is the cinematic equivalent of doing the ‘to be or not to be’ speech.
“I was asked specifically by the Fleming estate, which is really special.”

gistreel.com/2015/08/13/david-oyelowo-makes-history-as-first-black-james-bond/

Cc: lalasticlala

Re: David Oyelowo Makes History As The First Black James Bond! by Paschal001: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ok
Re: David Oyelowo Makes History As The First Black James Bond! by deadZONE: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
grin grin
Re: David Oyelowo Makes History As The First Black James Bond! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
ok
Re: David Oyelowo Makes History As The First Black James Bond! by DonSpankie: 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2015
Respect to an Ambassador who is making us a proud Nigerians.... Ooossshhheee... u will never fall as David in d Bible never falls
Re: David Oyelowo Makes History As The First Black James Bond! by vizkiz: 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
see as people are booking space shocked
Later they will edit it and start gaining more likes undecided
Re: David Oyelowo Makes History As The First Black James Bond! by olaglamour(f): 2:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
Noted
Re: David Oyelowo Makes History As The First Black James Bond! by Adeyinka12(m): 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
Good
Re: David Oyelowo Makes History As The First Black James Bond! by braimeddy: 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hmmmmm! David Oyelowo the new James Bond. I'm jst trying to picture him acting dat lead role. Seriously I don't think he has that physique to play that part tho. I knw he's a black man and we all want him to excel and make history but Abeg he no fit dat role joor. Make he no go spoil James Bond 007 for us dat we all love.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Eez Offisha! Falz Is Eez Offisha! Falz Is The Latest MTN Ambassador / Your Opinion: Is Olamide A Rapper Or Singer? / Tyga Responds To Reports He Leased Kylie Jenner’s Ferrari In Her Name..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.