Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms (15352 Views)

That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria / LMC Slams FC Ifeanyi Ubah With N9 Million Fine, Suspends Referee Folusho Ajayi / 7 Big European Clubs That Have Never Won European Trophy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by honeric01(m): 9:33am On Aug 14, 2015
arsetalks:
You just called me uniformed and you just posted exactly the same thing I was kicking against.

Why do you think a player will refuse an offer to collect $2000 or N300,000 per week to play in a league where minimum is N150,000 per month?

And you say two players were fired, so why is that the problem of the players? What did LMC do to that? What are the rights of the players? Can such be attainable in England or even in India? Be honest.

What is stopping you from buying one of the clubs and paying your players $10,000 monthly?
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by honeric01(m): 9:37am On Aug 14, 2015
Home Wins Draws Away Wins
GLO Premier League 73.28% 20.90% 5.82%
EPL 47.11% 20.53% 32.37%
Ligue 1 43.95% 28.42% 27.63%
Bundesliga 47.39% 20.92% 31.70%
Serie A 47.63% 23.65% 28.68%
La Liga 47.11% 22.63% 30.26%

It might be argued that this is an unfair comparison and that various factors make an away match in Nigeria a more arduous task than any in Europe’s glamour leagues, but even when comparing to other African leagues (last full season statistics in each case), Nigeria still stands out.

Home Wins Draws Away Wins
GLO Premier League 73.28% 20.90% 5.82%
Algeria Ligue Professionnelle 1 53.33% 25.83% 20.83%
Ghana Premier League 58.75% 23.33% 17.92%
Morocco Botola Pro 42.08% 38.22% 19.58%
South Africa Premier Soccer League 45.93% 24.39% 29.67%
Tunisia Ligue Professionnelle 1 48.75% 32.08% 19.17%

It’s not a case of this season being a one-off in Nigeria either, as a quick perusal of previous campaigns clearly shows.

GLO Premier League Home Wins Draws Away Wins
2009-10 73.68% 21.05% 5.26%
2011 73.95% 17.89% 8.16%
2012 78.95% 16.96% 4.09%
2013 79.21% 16.05% 4.74%
2014 73.28% 20.90% 5.82%
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by Ajibel(m): 10:00am On Aug 14, 2015
arsetalks:
You just called me uniformed and you just posted exactly the same thing I was kicking against.

Why do you think a player will refuse an offer to collect $2000 or N300,000 per week to play in a league where minimum is N150,000 per month?

And you say two players were fired, so why is that the problem of the players? What did LMC do to that? What are the rights of the players? Can such be attainable in England or even in India? Be honest.

Bros, LMC had to make the limit #150k. Do you know that even some clubs cant still afford to pay that? So you want LMC to put it at 500k, then we would have no league. All these clubs are govt sponsored besides 2, so the fee is reasonable. You would be unfair to LMC to blame them for putting the minimum wage at 150k.

Is it the LMC's responsibility to punishh Dolphins? There are Player unions. Bros, maybe you should go read up on what LMC was formed for before you think they are here to do everything including fixing bad stadia. Most players dont know their right and that is the responsibility of Players union/ Club management and not LMC...
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by arsetalks(m): 10:06am On Aug 14, 2015
Ajibel:

Bros, LMC had to make the limit #150k. Do you know that even some clubs cant still afford to pay that? So you want LMC to put it at 500k, then we would have no league. All these clubs are govt sponsored besides 2, so the fee is reasonable. You would be unfair to LMC to blame them for putting the minimum wage at 150k.

Is it the LMC's responsibility to punishh Dolphins? There are Player unions. Bros, maybe you should go read up on what LMC was formed for before you think they are here to do everything including fixing bad stadia. Most players dont know their right and that is the responsibility of Players union/ Club management and not LMC...
If there are players' fright, what makes you or LMC think the league will be attractive to would be sponsors? Why do you think UBA for instance will sponsor Enyimba when they have the opportunity of doing same for Arsenal or Chelsea for instance.

If LMC, NSC and NFF are truly serious about the league, it is not by forcing the companies. The Japanese league, Korean league and India leagues are not so great but you will never hear Samsung, Alibaba, Emirates and co who are from these countries been stopped from sponsoring other leagues.

It is not the would be sponsors' duty to make the league attractive, the NFF, NSC and NFF should do that and naturally the sponsors will come.

Take for instance the deal with Adidas, compare what with get with them to what other nations that are not even up to our level get. It is not the sponsors who are to blame, it is the irresponsible attitude of the government.
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by arsetalks(m): 10:07am On Aug 14, 2015
honeric01:

What is stopping you from buying one of the clubs and paying your players $10,000 monthly?
If you are half as intelligent as you think you are, you will know this is a forum, we debate. Dumbo.
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by Kcinho(m): 10:07am On Aug 14, 2015
ikp120:

My guy why do you want a company to fund what will yield them very little result compared to the one that would yield them heavy results?
Why can't we see that Nigeria may burn if some people don't watch Messi, CR7, Hazard, Aguero, Neymar, Robben, De Brunye,etc for one good week because some boys playing football at their backyard are using the channel at the moment? See, the people's interest is the key in investment not gun and cutlass, "thou must invest into our crap". Develop the game in Nigeria and you will see US, European countries and other nations will pay to broadcast it live. Do you know that some oyibo people used to love to watch Super Eagles play back in those days? We force them? Instead of building big stadiums and forcing companies to maintain them, let us build big talents like Jay Jay and these oyibo guys will tune all their tvs to Nigeria.com and pay per game!cheesycheesycheesy
How many of these European and American countries are broadcasting/watching the south African, Egyptian and Tunisian leagues. Abi those ones haven't developed Enough.
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by arsetalks(m): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2015
taiocol:

the player don't have proper contract with the club and you don't expect LMC TO agree contract with the club for there player,

it's not fired, there were relieved of there contract. which is even attainable in the EPL
This is not obtainable in the premier league. Get your facts right. Arsenal for instance have told Flamini to leave but the Frenchman isn't willing to leave until they pay him off. Whats the duty of the LMC? Why are they the league managers? Are the players not part of the said league?

What are they managing if the welfare of the key actors - the players, is not paramount to them?
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by honeric01(m): 10:24am On Aug 14, 2015
arsetalks:
If you are half as intelligent as you think you are, you will know this is a forum, we debate. Dumbo.

See how you expose your mental level? a question was asked but you ended up insulting me which is against the rule of this forum and liable to a ban because i didn't insult you in my comment. i give you room to modify your comment or you get the deserved punishment.
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by arsetalks(m): 10:27am On Aug 14, 2015
honeric01:

See how you expose your mental level? a question was asked but you ended up insulting me which is against the rule of this forum and liable to a ban because i didn't insult you in my comment. i give you room to modify your comment or you get the deserved punishment.
The deserved judgment my foot. You asked a very insulting question.

We were debating, if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute to the debate, then you should shut up and not tell me "what stops you from buying your own club and paying them $10,000".

You are a moderator counts for f all. Ban me if you want, doesn't take away the fact that you acted silly.

Waiting for 365 million years ban.
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by honeric01(m): 10:35am On Aug 14, 2015
arsetalks:
The deserved judgment my foot. You asked a very insulting question.

We were debating, if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute to the debate, then you should shut up and not tell me "what stops you from buying your own club and paying them $10,000".

You are a moderator counts for f all. Ban me if you want, doesn't take away the fact that you acted silly.

Waiting for 365 million years ban.

When you have no answer to a question, you resort to insult, that's what you did.

If you want something done right, you do it yourself. buy one of the clubs and pay them huge money if you think you can sustain it or better still, come in and sponsor the league with billions so LMC can at least distribute enough money to the clubs so they can pay their players well.

you keep talking about lmc paying players big salaries as if its the FA in england that fixes or pays players salaries in the epl, it exposes you big time.

until we have more of Ubah, lobi stars and most of the clubs in the lower leagues owned by private people, govt won't pay players amount they can't sustain when they know they cant make back the money.
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by taiocol: 10:36am On Aug 14, 2015
arsetalks:
This is not obtainable in the premier league. Get your facts right. Arsenal for instance have told Flamini to leave but the Frenchman isn't willing to leave until they pay him off. Whats the duty of the LMC? Why are they the league managers? Are the players not part of the said league?

What are they managing if the welfare of the key actors - the players, is not paramount to them?
That's because he has a proper documented contract with the club, what am saying is that most of this players don't have contract with the club. thats why there got sacked easily. its not the duty of LMC to agree contract for players.

you can't hear of situation were Salami, Gambo, Alli or Udoji are sacked without getting there Payoff. thats because there know what there are playing for and know there Right.

Ask 3sc whar happened when there tried sacking salami
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by Egisokoinspire1(m): 11:03am On Aug 14, 2015
hernars:
i dont see how this will make local companies reduce their partnership with foreign clubs...... would you have or firms like CHIVITA use players from kano pillers or 3SC instead of players from MAN UTD or ARSENAL for their adverts
Yes! That is the point bro. They are professional footballers in our domestic league which is lacking publicity. Moreover, this companies enjoy patronage from the people in kano, ibadan, minna,and other Nigerian cities and not from London, Liverpool and other European leagues which has gained dominance on our soil. Abi when dem use Jide kosoko for Chivita advert shey people nor buy am ni? Support #NPL join the campaign bro, it's time to make a change and better this country!
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by Egisokoinspire1(m): 11:22am On Aug 14, 2015
arsetalks:
LMC is mad if they think this is what will make the league attractive. How about ensuring a certain standard in the stadia? How about having a fix amount as the minimum weekly wage for players? In England, when you are on a professional contract with a club in the EPL you get not lower than £15,000 a month. A situation whereby players are been paid 150,000 naira a month is extreme madness.

The biggest challenge facing the league if the flight of players from the league. A situation whereby our players will find the league attractive should be worked on.

Commend the clubs to pay the players well and half of the problem is solved.
Bro Nigeria has different legislation from what is obtainable in England. I understand you are just being typical based on the exchange value. 150 000 thousand naira is a good monthly wage to start with, the graduates in most Nigerian Banks and companies start on this point and some earn less! If you ask me, the court of arbitration for sports should be introduced and given full backing to ensure that this wages are paid,players right well protected and free from any kind of intimidation.
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by texazzpete(m): 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ajibel:

That is what other Europeans did back then to protect their League too. When they did that, their citizens applauded it but look at us here, condemning such bold move. smh

Source? Or you just pulled this out of your posterior region?
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by Ajibel(m): 2:32am On Aug 15, 2015
texazzpete:

Source? Or you just pulled this out of your posterior region?

Yup, I _fucking did cheesy

Don't expect you to believe because you don't even give a hoot about the NPFL doe, so wont stress myself looking for the link I read it from some months ago tongue
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by texazzpete(m): 7:35am On Aug 15, 2015
Ajibel:

Yup, I _fucking did cheesy

Don't expect you to believe because you don't even give a hoot about the NPFL doe, so wont stress myself looking for the link I read it from some months ago tongue

Now you're progressing to straight up lying.

The European leagues are some of the oldest in the world, pre-dating television and televised football. Claiming that there was once a scenario where European football fans looked outside until forced by their Governments to look inwards is just a childish lie and a transparent attempt to bolster your point with misinformation.

Not surprised you cannot provide a source.
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by Ajibel(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
texazzpete:

Now you're progressing to straight up lying.

The European leagues are some of the oldest in the world, pre-dating television and televised football. Claiming that there was once a scenario where European football fans looked outside until forced by their Governments to look inwards is just a childish lie and a transparent attempt to bolster your point with misinformation.

Not surprised you cannot provide a source.

There were some Foreign leagues that took that decision to protect their League then. And obviously, not All or the most populous leagues like EPL/ La Liga did such but it happened angry

And besides, on the occassion that the LMC chairman announced this plan, the three foreign guest speakers agreed with his plan for the legislation of the policy, so I won't drag issues with you, and even if the policy wont be passed into Law, the NPFL would soon be one of the best wink

And no, if I wanted to, I'll look for a link but I won't because of one soul waste such time. Have a nice time. cheesy
Re: Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms by tck2000(m): 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2019
Is it by force?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia: Man Of The Match? / Napoli Can’t Win Scudetto Without Osimhen – Rossi / I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.