Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating (5812 Views)

8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by julie89(f): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2015
taiwolusol:
You don't have a problem, you've just been applying for the wrong jobs.

What you need to do is start being selective of the kind of jobs you apply for.

I rarely send applications to the big Dogs The Total, Shell, Chevron, Saipem,NLNG, and the likes rarely get applications from me grin. Even when I reluctantly do, I just lock up. Because the reality is that they rarely give you a feedback on your application.

what then Do I do?

I apply to the relatively small-big not too known companies grin, because most times I get a feedback (usually positive) due to the small pool of candidate I wrestle with.

In less than a year to the glory of God, I have followed this ridiculous route and I have not just gotten over 10 Apptitude Test invitations, but also gotten to the interview stage of about 7 different companies.

As you can guess, where I work now is a Small-Big not too known company in Lekki. I applied on a Tuesday, got a call on Wednesday to come for an interview on Thursday. Convinced the HR I was good enough and she asked when I can resume. I told her Monday cheesy

please incase any vacancy comes up there,holla at me,I stay at the axis and I really need a job,have experience botha s an admin person and also as a customer care representative,thanks
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 14, 2015
If you are in Lagos, Go to OAG technologies at lekki phase 1, they are into petroleum and gas engineering, u can google dem up...make sure your CV is well packaged ooo, narrate your ordeal to her...she can help u whenever there's vacancy if at all there's none yet...I will PM u her name
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Bekeey: 12:15pm On Aug 14, 2015
Try Ngcareers, jobzilla, joberman, careers24, jobmag, NBF, etc but before all this, make sure u have some technical skills in accordance with ur profession Like AutoCAD Designer, Plant Designs Management System(PDMS) etc and then back them up with 1 or 2 Professional Courses. With this you are there. Contact me or Google it for directions on hw to go abt those skills if u are eager.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
G
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by ISSIAK: 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
go to iwriter.com and you can be writing article to make a couple of bucks. Gd luck
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by tablu: 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
2yrs unemployed status and ur complainin, you are a common private soldier in the field of unemployment.What do u want some of us that have spent 9yrs unemployed.bros nah one star General I don become oh!

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by tablu: 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
2yrs unemployed status and ur complainin, you are a common private soldiet in field of unemployment.What do u want some of us that have spent 9yrs unemployed.bros nah one star General I don become oh!

1 Like

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by idu1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
taiwolusol:
You don't have a problem, you've just been applying for the wrong jobs.

What you need to do is start being selective of the kind of jobs you apply for.

I rarely send applications to the big Dogs The Total, Shell, Chevron, Saipem,NLNG, and the likes rarely get applications from me grin. Even when I reluctantly do, I just lock up. Because the reality is that they rarely give you a feedback on your application.

what then Do I do?

I apply to the relatively small-big not too known companies grin, because most times I get a feedback (usually positive) due to the small pool of candidate I wrestle with.

In less than a year to the glory of God, I have followed this ridiculous route and I have not just gotten over 10 Apptitude Test invitations, but also gotten to the interview stage of about 7 different companies.

As you can guess, where I work now is a Small-Big not too known company in Lekki. I applied on a Tuesday, got a call on Wednesday to come for an interview on Thursday. Convinced the HR I was good enough and she asked when I can resume. I told her Monday cheesy

Hehehehehehehe

U ve got a good strategy...

U get sense....
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by baba11(m): 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
tablu:
2yrs unemployed status and ur complainin, you are a common private soldier in the field of unemployment.What do u want some of us that have spent 9yrs unemployed.bros nah one star General I don become oh!

Really,....naija is really jagajagajagajaga shocked
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by LaurelP(m): 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
toogreat:

Is anything wrong in applying for a job using a phone? #JustCurious
Most emails sent from phones end up in the Spam folder of the recipient.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
Z
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
ApotiEriOluwa1:
Good day to you all,i'm a graduate of Biochemistry. I
need a teaching job in a secondary school (Abeokuta to be
precise). Anyone with info should please assist a sis.

Go to Paragon and submit your CV.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
ApotiEriOluwa1:

Tanx, I wl do dat....

Preferably, the one along abeokuta-ibadan expressway that's if you don't mind the distance.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 6:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
ApotiEriOluwa1:

I can, but accommodation will be problem.... pls if u see another one within Abk don't hesitate to inform me,... Tanx a bunch

You can't be so sure that's where you'll be posted to work. You might be posted to the one at oke-aregba as you'll be interviewed there. I'm just saying you should go there to submit your CV.

I checked your pics and there's this impression you attend DLBC. I learnt Deeper Life High School recently recruited. I don't know if it's still on, try and find out.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by iyisco2001(m): 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
JefLonDon:
Mr OP, my kind advice is Simple

Don't apply for online jobs alone, go out to places n drop ur CV........Ur inability to get a job is cuz of ur 2.2 grade, its really a killing factor.

Online jobs are usually crowded dat dey tend to take on d best qualified ones(2.1 and 1st class)

Go to some companies not necessary big ones n apply E.g Spectranet, OLX etc

Networking matters alot......or better still go to Agencies or support solution companies like SOL, ICSL n VLA

Dey help tho........for more info, hala me

People like you are short sighted, what you think about yourself doesn't apply to someone else, I have a 2.2 in mech engr and I am on my second job, almost immediately after my nysc.
To the op, don't give up, change your strategy, pick up anything you enjoy doing and don't look at the money yet, it's gonna be a stepping stone for you later. Also, all those big companies n.a. waste of time if you are targeting them, look into smaller enterprise, companies that have about an 100 staff strength, you will be surprised.
All those big companies have millions who are applying for their job adverts.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
[quote author=iyisco2001 post=36960064]

People like you are short sighted, what you think about yourself doesn't apply to someone else, I have a 2.2 in mech engr and I am on my second job, almost immediately after my nysc.
To the op, don't give up, change your strategy, pick up anything you enjoy doing and don't look at the money yet, it's gonna be a stepping stone for you later. Also, all those big companies n.a. waste of time if you are targeting them, look into smaller enterprise, companies that have about an 100 staff strength, you will be surprised.
Best of luck.[/

1 Like

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by SylarsMcQuins: 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
Bros u funny oo

tablu:
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 8:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2015
ApotiEriOluwa1:

Smiles! Tanx 4 d information....

You're welcome cheesy
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by JefLonDon(m): 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
iyisco2001:

Best of luck.

Its either U are hungry or Ur life is as hopeless as the word Hopeless sounds

Must u insult urself just to comment

U are on ur second job almost immediately after ur NYSC

Abeg na wetin dey pursue U up n down

Come to think of it, why do u have 2.2 in Engineering? U no sabi book? And how do u work sef? Cuz I knw u don't understand wat dat job u are doing entails

Its people like U dat go around blaming the country for ur inability to see a job, wen u are not even qualified to work

I bet ur Salary isn't anything to write Home about, dats why u come here looking for who u go pour ur miserable angry life on

Sorry bro.....I cud help U tho......

Just indicate U need help #F**kingAttentionSeeker
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
JefLonDon:

Its either U are hungry or Ur life is as hopeless as the word Hopeless sounds

Must u insult urself just to comment

U are on ur second job almost immediately after ur NYSC

Abeg na wetin dey pursue U up n down

Come to think of it, why do u have 2.2 in Engineering? U no sabi book? And how do u work sef? Cuz I knw u don't understand wat dat job u are doing entails

Its people like U dat go around blaming the country for ur inability to see a job, wen u are not even qualified to work

I bet ur Salary isn't anything to write Home about, dats why u come here looking for who u go pour ur miserable angry life on

Sorry bro.....I cud help U tho......

Just indicate U need help #F**kingAttentionSeeker
Bros, you wrote all these just because you want to insult someone's head back? shocked

1 Like

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by iyisco2001(m): 6:50am On Aug 15, 2015
@ jeflondon I hope you've enjoyed yourself.

when I said 'almost immediately after nysc', I meant to say, I got my first job almost immediately after NYSC and after working a year at my first job, i left the place for another.

I definitely will ignore other part of your comment, you are not worth it.

Best regards.

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by SadiqDO(m): 7:15am On Aug 15, 2015
SylarsMcQuins:

Pls have u downloaded it?

I had previously. You can drop your e-mail so I can send it directly. But please write it thus: username [at] yahoo [dot] com - to avoid spam engines from finding it and spamming your email box.

@op I'll also like to take a look at the structure of your CV not just the content. If you don't mind sending it to me, you could pm me.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by SylarsMcQuins: 8:15am On Aug 15, 2015
SadiqDO:

I had previously. You can drop your e-mail so I can send it directly. But please write it thus: username [at] yahoo [dot] com - to avoid spam engines from finding it and spamming your email box.

@op I'll also like to take a look at the structure of your CV not just the content. If you don't mind sending it to me, you could pm me.

Sylarsquins at gmail dot com
Thanks a lot I'm really grateful
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by kheart(m): 8:28am On Aug 15, 2015
LaurelP:

Most emails sent from phones end up in the Spam folder of the recipient.

I ve been using my phone nd tablet to apply 4 jobs
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by ksbusari(m): 8:52am On Aug 15, 2015
U need to cont: prayin and be careful of d sins hindering ur prayers. Try and send a copy of ur C.v to resume.cvwriter@gmail.com for corrections.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by UnknownT: 9:27am On Aug 15, 2015
Throughout 2014 I was never invited for any interview. Highest was online tests which I wouldn't pass. It wasn't funny then
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by MRBrownJ: 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2015
tablu:

kai, 9yrs?! you mean 9yrs unemployed OR 9yrs applying for jobs in your field while doing other menial jobs to survive?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cornerstone Insurance Plc Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Gallant Community Protection Corps Of Nigeria. Whats New? / Questions On Sending CV Via Email

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.