Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? (23624 Views)

My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / Man Discovered Their Son Attends Cheap School & Wife Pockets Rest Of The Tuition / I Was Punished, Ostracized For 20 Years For Marrying A White Lady: Aroms Aigbehi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by osimataylor(m): 8:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
Very few men and the number is insignificant.Most do not care about this.
Woged2005:
Hello Nlers, please I need only matured inputs here. I have an engaged friend in Nigeria whose Fiancee's family (family of the guy) is standing in strong opposition to her marrying their son. I have inquired, the only reason I get is that the girl is a bank marketer. Please forgive my ignorance bc I am lost and have not been to Naija for a while. I have tried Google but couldn't get answers.

1. What do Nigerians have against female bank marketers; isn't it a career like others?
2. Apart from rumors any real stories or claims to support this beliefs?
3. How many guys here can date or marry a female bank marketer?

Honestly, I am just lost. This sounds like a dream job where I am based, so I can't understand the family's strong opposition. Abeg can someone educate me?
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Ola2njee: 8:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
The way I see it...in fela's words....#Kolo mentality...she's a career woman,she should be respected
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by kennynelcon(m): 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
I oppose it too...at least in Naija
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by passionate88: 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
Coporate Prostitution. So they say.

I can't and won't date a female bank marketer... Never (I hope so)
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by vicuto(m): 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
grin

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by rexbuton: 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
wen topics like dis make fp, i just go to sleep! who doesnt know what female marketers do?
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by kennynelcon(m): 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
donholy28:
The news about them is that they sometimes engage in too much fucckery just for d contract and they mostly don't have enough time for their kids...but anyway it depends on the lady involved and how much ur friend loves her

This is d main reason.
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
Woged2005:
Hello Nlers, please I need only matured inputs here. I have an engaged friend in Nigeria whose Fiancee's family (family of the guy) is standing in strong opposition to her marrying their son. I have inquired, the only reason I get is that the girl is a bank marketer. Please forgive my ignorance bc I am lost and have not been to Naija for a while. I have tried Google but couldn't get answers.

1. What do Nigerians have against female bank marketers; isn't it a career like others?

Honestly, I am just lost. This sounds like a dream job where I am based, so I can't understand the family's strong opposition. Abeg can someone educate me?
COS FEMALE MARKETERS ARE LIKE LEGAL FEMALE PROSTITUTE AND OUR PARENT DON'T WANT US TO MARRY A PROSTITUTE!! SIMPLE undecided

2 Likes

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
rexbuton:
wen topics like dis make fp, i just go to sleep! who doesnt know what female marketers do?
ASHAWO!!
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by 2tek: 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
If you are a female bank marketer reading this and u are of marriageable age but not married. Kindly know that men are generally afraid of d threat ur career might bring.
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by vicuto(m): 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
angry[size=8pt][/size] grin cool

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by zicoraads: 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
Well, I understand their fears. A few years back, I met a marketer in Abuja who had very interesting stories to tell. Apparently, some of the ladies even have rooms in choice hotels around Abuja where potential clients are treated to an unforgettable treat just to get that big account.

Still, I don't believe in generalisations. The fact that we have bad eggs in the profession doesn't mean they are all bad. Except the parents are concerned with the time she will be spending away from her family.

That being said, I usually frown at parents' practice of trying to force their way on who their children should end up with. They should only play an advisory role.

1 Like

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
bellong:
Rumours don't come out of the blues. In every rumour, there is an iota of truth.

Knowing the pressures Nigerian banks put on their sales staff, a lot of them go to the extreme to meet target. I have met female sales staff who thought seduction can get me on her account list.

While some of the females go to the extreme in meeting their targets by offering free sexual service in exchange for deposits, their male counterpart have their own immoral tactics to achieve same goal. However, the females are widely publicised because of the nature of their scheme.

This doesn't mean that every female marketer exchange sex for deposits only that the few doing it already stained the whole pack.

Is it right to base marital judgement on this? No and Yes.

No, if the lady involved doesn't have an history of such affair. Yes if she has the history of offering body for deposit. Nevertheless, the sole decision should rest on the guy not his family.

This is one of the things ladies should check out for. Can the guy stand on his "good" decision despite pressures from family members.

I hope your engaged friend has a clean history. There is possibility she already patronised the frontliner against her in the past.

Rumor is carried out by the enemy , accepted by the fool and propagated by the ignorant . But if you insist that we must adapt to your daft postulation about rumor , should I take it to be true that the rumor about you and your entire family been thieves is correct ( no offense intended ) .

Now , to the OP?

The truth is that bank marketing job makes women vulnerable to cheap lay by every Tom, Dick and Harry out there . However , the good news is that some morally sound women in the same career path who knows their onus always excel through without exchanging their precious bodies for target meet . It takes a man/woman who knows how and when to set boundary in both personal and professional affairs to be appreciated and respected .

In summary , no , enlightened and informed parents do not prohibit their male children from marrying morally sound female bank marketers . A hoe is a hoe irrespective of career path .

1 Like

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by engrshakespeare: 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2015
[quote author=SAMBARRY post=36939320]Some familie. I'm not sorry to say that

how can they conclude about bank marketers like that. Didn't their gumshion tell them that all career paths have their own temptations not only marketing undecided

Be You a lecturer
medical doctor
teacher
nurse etc

mumu, didnt u hear only mature input is needed? dey blow grammar u dont know. wetin be gumshion. ode undecided

2 Likes

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by emmatok(m): 9:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
that's the same way they generalized about actresses and entertainers being glorified prostitutes because some bad eggs are prostitutes

Its no generalization, it about trend

Its a proved fact that most actresses and entertainers are glorified prostitutes, they even insult each other about it.\

Its also a proven fact that most female bank marketers, are used to get high profile clients .

http://www.punchng.com/news/banks-use-female-marketers-to-woo-senators-reps-elect/

http://www.proshareng.com/news/18384
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by passionate88: 9:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
pickabeau1:

Its dicey

For me its actually the future whichis more critical.. the past may be past BUT They are too busy to be a wife
The past always has a way of spring up in the future
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by BonaVIta(m): 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
Because they don't want their sons to be saving every kobo they have in their wives' banks. And indirectly stop sending them enough money.
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Happiness87(f): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
op raise cash and start business or get a new job.
This is Nigeria, and the citizens know what is up.

A man has introduced a lady to his dad, as would -be wife, behold the girl was his dad, sugar baby.

another lady now married cries all night because she has to Bleep to get promoted even as a married lady because she got the job fucking one oga, 12years ago as a fresh graduate.

got the job through fucking and has been fucking to keep the job
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by limamintruth: 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
Woged2005:

Truth be told, the fear expressed by your friend's in-laws-to-be are somwhat justified.

And I believe their reasons might be that Bank staffs generally have an strenous daily work routine that often hinders them from having sufficient family time at home.
For a man, it may be overlooked. But for a woman, its really difficult to do away with. No man will want to be married to an absentee wife, neither would any in-law like same for his/her son.

Secondly, bank marketing jobs place women in such a position that they become so prone to sexual harassment and exploitation. This is a fact that most nigerians are aware of.
The Holy book even enjoins us to flee from all appearance of evil, cos no matter how spiritually strong you are, overtime you may fall or become frustrated out of the job.

Thirdly, I really dont think bank marketing jobs are worth the stress(esp. for women) IMHO.

But nevertheless, I'l suggest you advise your friend to discuss the issue thoroughly with her fiance and do her best to convince him into talking it out with his people on her behalf. cool
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by samblessed: 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
I can never marry a bank marketer, except she has agreed to quit the job days before our wedding. The reason is simply that, when under pressure from her employers over 'target', she might do d unthinkable. But if i have a strong inner leading to marry her despite her job, why not.
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by bigerboy200: 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
Perception is very important.. The parents of d guy must have had first hand experience with female marketers,hence the decision to shield d guy from marrying d lady.....it's left for d guy to try change his parents mind about marketers....as for me sha,i know ladies are often soft targets of sexual exploitation in a professional environment and a job like marketing makes dem much more exposed...
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by AreaFada2: 9:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
Woged2005:

Hmmmm! but you did not give any real proof why u will take such a stand as a father. That's what I am eager to hear. Does anyone have a real story to back up these fears about female bank marketers or it's just perception?
The guy's dad and colleagues may have oiled a few marketers already. It becomes reality for the old man, not just perception. Of course certainly not all marketers sleep around. Some housewives sneak into hotels to sleep with the rich "Alhaji" on their street. We only usually find out when Alhaji dies on top the housewife or vice versa. grin cheesy
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
LED signs available for sale!

Attract everyone passing by to your business.
Fully customizable, very bright, eye catching, can be programmed with whatever text you want.

Get your LED sign today and increase customers>>>>>

Call/whatsApp : 07066114612

https://www.nairaland.com/2362514/buy-scrolling-led-signs-customized

1 Like

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Koolmexxi(m): 9:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
It's simply because most female bank marketers use wat they have to market wat they want.... And in the end wat they have becomes used or Belgium products. .

1 Like

Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by ojnnaco(m): 9:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
bellong:
Rumours don't come out of the blues. In every rumour, there is an iota of truth.

Knowing the pressures Nigerian banks put on their sales staff, a lot of them go to the extreme to meet target. I have met female sales staff who thought seduction can get me on her account list.

While some of the females go to the extreme in meeting their targets by offering free sexual service in exchange for deposits, their male counterpart have their own immoral tactics to achieve same goal. However, the females are widely publicised because of the nature of their scheme.

This doesn't mean that every female marketer exchange sex for deposits only that the few doing it already stained the whole pack.

Is it right to base marital judgement on this? No and Yes.

No, if the lady involved doesn't have an history of such affair. Yes if she has the history of offering body for deposit. Nevertheless, the sole decision should rest on the guy not his family.

This is one of the things ladies should check out for. Can the guy stand on his "good" decision despite pressures from family members.

I hope your engaged friend has a clean history. There is possibility she already patronised the frontliner against her in the past.
U have said it all.... thanks
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by totorimi: 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
97% of female bank marketers are glorified prostitutes and I have enough real life stories to buttress my position.

Many a banks have realized the power of a woman when it comes to securing those deals. I challenge any female marketer on NL to swear that she has never at any point given in either by way of love or meeting target. I will rather marry a known pro than delude myself thinking I have a saint as a wife who is a female bank marketer. They will do anything for that deposit. God forbid. Even the way they dress of not for dress code in the banks u won't be able to distinguish them from those other ones.
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by kenny1313(m): 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
priscaoge:
Rumor has it that they market their body as well in order to meet the Target. *I don't know how true*. It actually wrong to generalize because not all of them are like that. There are still good ones, those that know the value of their body, those that actually know that Bank job isn't a do or die thingy! If I were to be a guy, her been a Bank marketer won't stop me from getting married to her!
if you don't cooperate with dis big men who ll listen to you.
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
donholy28:
The news about them is that they sometimes engage in too much fucckery just for d contract and they mostly don't have enough time for their kids...but anyway it depends on the lady involved and how much ur friend loves her

If she meets her targets, she is most likely engaged in frequent fvckery
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by JayJustus(m): 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
OP...noooooo...Nigerian girls are just plain boring that's why...lol...
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by IYANGBALI: 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2015
Female bank marketers na BRT now,dey market all the marketables,including bweast,yansh and toto. I know 2 in my area
Re: Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? by InvertedHammer: 9:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
/
When considering marriage, there are some careers that need to be left alone.

Bank marketers? I no marry.
\

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? / Her Husband Ogles Other Women....... / What's The Funniest Thing You've Heard From A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.