Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others (23194 Views)

"There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande / FG Appoints Pwc As Growth And Employment Project Administrator / Buhari Appoints Pwc, Kpmg To Audit NNPC, CBN,FIRS,others/ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by criuze(m): 8:24am On Aug 14, 2015
Please let me use this medium to say.

I LOVE BUHARI ! I LOVE BUHARI !!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by criuze(m): 8:24am On Aug 14, 2015
Please let me use this medium to say.

I LOVE BUHARI ! I LOVE BUHARI !!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by austelright(m): 8:25am On Aug 14, 2015
A new sheriff is in town. now we have a president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by mathskill: 8:26am On Aug 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Themandator: 8:35am On Aug 14, 2015
That's the way to go.... Not propaganda... BTW, people should not start foaming as audit is not investigation but only reveals whether the books have been kept properly or not.
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Bcole: 8:36am On Aug 14, 2015
none of my business, looking at it from PWC and KPMG side, una don hammer o....pls if you need extra hands we are here.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by menxer: 8:38am On Aug 14, 2015
drsteroid:
The heat is on,whoever stole a dime 4rm Govt coffers should return the stolen money cos the long arm of the law will soon catch up with them..
It would have been better if all these stolen monies can be returned back 2 the govt coffers rather than going through court processes which will take time and even drag on for years.
We are suffering in this country as a result of massive looting by previous Govt,and one so called Man of God is agitating for amnesty for corrupt officials.So bad how we ve allowed personal greed 2 overshadow our dignity.

A man's greed is inversely proportional to his dignity. grin
...but in Naija greed has been made directly proportional to dignity. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by ifyan(m): 8:39am On Aug 14, 2015
PMB should do the right thing not being bias plus this should be all round not some targeted being.

No one should be spared

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by anonimi: 8:42am On Aug 14, 2015
Fourwinds:
remember CBN didnt make their documents available. So the audit was inconclusive. When ur hands are tighted what will u do??

Do you know who audited these accounts during Chief Olusegun Obasanjo's eight years second chance rule
Thanks.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-VajteEACp-0/VWnJvQZbwcI/AAAAAAAABCI/GdDumz-Epp0/s1600/OBASANJO%2BINAUGURAL.jpg[/img]
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Ebukaokeke25: 8:44am On Aug 14, 2015
Smithkline555:
Great move.... More prisons should be built from now on and the Nigerian Prisons service should be strengthened because I see alota people heading towards that direction.
ya bro,u r so much on point!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by ALISMILE(m): 8:45am On Aug 14, 2015
luvinhubby:
Says who?
99.999999999999% Nigerians!
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by handie(m): 8:59am On Aug 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

PwC is not mediocre.. It is the best audit firm in Nigeria out of the top 4.. They outlined all the challenges faced. That is all that is required of them.
have u heard anything about the term ethics in accounting and financial auditing? They owed it as a point of duty to have intimated their employers(the FG) the constraints they were encountering in carrying out the audit. Brother, no matter how good you were, a bad job erases all d good u might've done.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by engrjacuzzi: 9:00am On Aug 14, 2015
PMB should please probe ASUU, NRC, PHCN, and other government agencies n bodies too.
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by handie(m): 9:02am On Aug 14, 2015
persius555:
I believe its a face saving move. PWC is a renowned audit firm recognised globally. The entire world is waiting to see what comes out of these probe. PWC owes nigeria an apology after this.
Well, I don't believe in second chances. Now they've got it, I hope they don't abuse it again cause honestly, those guys messed up big time with d last probe

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by McKren(m): 9:06am On Aug 14, 2015
At this rate they will soon appoint another set of auditors to audit the previous auditors!

Audit audit audit, will not generate electricity nor give students the promised free school meal!

I think all the noise about fighting corruption is just a diversionary tactics by a government that clearly has no clue how to solve Nigeria's problems!

Buhari should focus on job creation and let EFCC and police fight corruption!

Nigerians elected a president and not EFCC chairman!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 14, 2015
So u feel nigeria prisons are built 4 rich ones, sorry bro, is 4 d common man on d street
Smithkline555:
Great move.... More prisons should be built from now on and the Nigerian Prisons service should be strengthened because I see alota people heading towards that direction.
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by handie(m): 9:15am On Aug 14, 2015
Fourwinds:
CBN didnt make their document available then. U should know y. Read in between the lines
they had d responsibility of reporting back to their employers (the FG) of the constraints they were facing. In accounting, it's better not to report @ all than make an incorrect report.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by handie(m): 9:18am On Aug 14, 2015
Demdem:

Nothing is wrong with PWC. they stated their constraints in the report and it was far beyond their control. Their employers simply didnt cooperate with them and that was it. It wasnt their fault.
what's the use of an incomplete report(apart from misleading)

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by 989900: 9:19am On Aug 14, 2015
lanrema:
what happen to our own auditing firm here in Nigeria?

They could be easily compromised. We'r talking about billions of dollars . . . they could be threatened too.

Don't be surprised most of the reputable audit firms here have the same people we are going after as directors, or their friends and family . . .
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by juicebox: 9:21am On Aug 14, 2015
L
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by 989900: 9:22am On Aug 14, 2015
McKren:
At this rate they will soon appoint another set of auditors to audit the previous auditors!

[s]Audit audit audit, will not generate electricity nor give students the promised free school meal![/s]

I think all the noise about fighting corruption is just a diversionary tactics by a government that clearly has no clue how to solve Nigeria's problems!
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Demdem(m): 9:23am On Aug 14, 2015
handie:
what's the use of an incomplete report(apart from misleading)

They were bound contractually to report back on whatever findings depite their constraints which they clearly stated. They would have done a good job if their employers were sincere but they arent.
So it was a case of gabbage in gabbage out.
Employer wanted a crappy report and they got a crappy report. case closed.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Boss13: 9:25am On Aug 14, 2015
drsteroid:
The heat is on,whoever stole a dime 4rm Govt coffers should return the stolen money cos the long arm of the law will soon catch up with them..
It would have been better if all these stolen monies can be returned back 2 the govt coffers rather than going through court processes which will take time and even drag on for years.
We are suffering in this country as a result of massive looting by previous Govt,and one so called Man of God is agitating for amnesty for corrupt officials.So bad how we ve allowed personal greed 2 overshadow our dignity.

Supported. Negotiators should meet with the looters and start discussing how to remit these monies into the Treasury Account. After remittance, than punishment terms can then be carried out.
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Demdem(m): 9:25am On Aug 14, 2015
handie:
they had d responsibility of reporting back to their employers (the FG) of the constraints they were facing. In accounting, it's better not to report @ all than make an incorrect report.

They did in the interim report they earlier submitted before the final report yet the FG still didnt cooperate with them.
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Fourwinds: 9:28am On Aug 14, 2015
anonimi:

Do you know who audited these accounts during Chief Olusegun Obasanjo's eight years second chance rule
Thanks.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-VajteEACp-0/VWnJvQZbwcI/AAAAAAAABCI/GdDumz-Epp0/s1600/OBASANJO%2BINAUGURAL.jpg[/img]
tell me if u know. Im talking about d recent one done
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by handie(m): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2015
Demdem:

They were bound to report back on whatever findings depite their constraints which they clearly stated. They would have done a good job if their employers were sincere but they arent.
So it was a case of gabbage in gabbage out.
Employer wanted a crappy report and they got a crappy report. case closed.
In accounting/finance, it's d responsibility of auditors to not publish a report if they know such to be incorrect or they couldn't access relevant data. As we're taught, it's better there be no financial report than publish a misleading one- prof F Izedonmi(Uniben 2013)

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Boss13: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2015
McKren:

Audit audit audit, will not generate electricity nor give students the promised free school meal!

Buhari met an empty treasury and need to ascertain what went wrong. I believe Nigerians are satisfied with anti-corruption crusade so far. Based on the president's stance on corruption, everybody is falling in line. People are scared to steal, people who have stolen are worried about themselves - they cannot even spend the money. These days, we don't see people flashing their wealth on the covers of newspapers so that EFCC will not remember you. Civil servants are more diligent with their work. NNPC is weeding out bad people and now wants to operate as a business. Electricity is fairly stable without any infuses of funds (I find this one strange. I called Eko Power Customer Care and complained and they restored back our light).

To me, Buhari must run for two terms. First term, get rid of corruption and corrupt people. Second term, implement strong economic programmes to elevate us to greater height. A fight on corruption is a fight against the wicked Elites taking this country backward. Lets not be myopic to term it a fight against some ethnic group.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Fourwinds: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2015
handie:
so u didnt read it in d national papers their constraints. So u expect FG to cooperate when they were indirectly being indicted on d missing $20 billion NNPC money dat was recently discovered in Zenith account. Is it not y i said u should read in between the lines.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by marv1: 9:37am On Aug 14, 2015
Where are the wailing wailers- temitemi, bacanister and co. I know they must be tracking every move of buhari should in case he makes any mistake or delay. They will never comment positively on every good move. But they have forgoten that God can work against the norm, the knowledge of men, even using a donkey to speak and do the unexpected. No wonder the wailing wailers views are always biased lacking credibility and merit.
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Demdem(m): 9:38am On Aug 14, 2015
handie:
In accounting/finance, it's d responsibility of auditors to not publish a report if they know such to be incorrect or they couldn't access relevant data. As we're taught, it's better there be no financial report than publish a misleading one- prof F Izedonmi(Uniben 2013)

There is nothing incorrect in what they presented instead what they presented is based on facts presented to them as at then which they knew wasn't complete. They stated that their observations needs to be updated as soon as these facts are available.
They are on -line and they never went against any accounting/finance ethic

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by handie(m): 9:38am On Aug 14, 2015
Demdem:

They did in the interim report they earlier submitted before the final report yet the FG still didnt cooperate with them.
Then if they're the reputable firm u paint them to be, they should have discontinued d auditing andd wash their hands off it. Read accounting ethics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips & The Cost - Sahara Reporters / House Of Reps Honours Stephen Keshi In Today’s Plenary Session / Letter Of Appreciation To Aisha Buhari – By Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.