Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa (1632 Views)

Poll: Should Idle Naijas in SAfrica go home?

Yes: 83% (10 votes)
No: 16% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa / See Reactions Of People When IPOB Tells Igbos Living In The North To Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by iReport: 3:29pm On Mar 24, 2009
Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’Africa
• Monday, Mar 23, 2009

The Nigerian High Commissioner in South Africa, Brig Gen Buba Marwa (rtd) has urged well placed Nigerians in that country to assist other Nigerians facing serious economic challenges there.

Marwa, who made the call while addressing a group of Yoruba indigenes in Pretoria, South Africa, also appealed to jobless Nigerians in that country to return home.

The high commissioner said it would be meaningless for anyone to leave his home and waste in another country, adding that he was worried about the number of Nigerians roaming the streets of major towns in South Africa without meaningful source of livelihood.

He, however, said that a good number of Nigerians in South Africa were engaged in meaningful businesses and have good means of livelihood, and that they were also contributing to the economy of South Africa.

The high commissioner, therefore, urged Nigerians that are well placed not to overlook the economic challenges that their citizens are passing through, but seek for means of assisting them.

He also encouraged idle Nigerians not to resort to negative vices on their quest to make ends meet, but that they should make wise choices and take right decisions, pointing out that going back home may offer them brighter opportunities.

http://www.thetidenews.com/article.aspx?qrDate=03/23/2009&qrTitle=Return%20Home,%20Marwa%20Urges%20Idle%20Nigerians%20In%20S’Africa&qrColumn=FRONT%20PAGE
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2009
Return home to what? grin
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by iReport: 4:21pm On Mar 24, 2009
To work. there are jobs everywhere in every nook and cranny of Nigeria. Telecoms, construction, alaye, rigging, kidnapping, IT, banking, armed robbery, teaching, almajiri, pastoral etc.
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by grafikdon: 4:24pm On Mar 24, 2009
Easier said than done. . .
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by mustafar1: 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2009
iReport:

To work. there are jobs everywhere in every nook and cranny of Nigeria. Telecoms, construction, alaye, rigging, kidnapping, IT, banking, armed robbery, teaching, almajiri, pastoral etc.

Funmie, NO YOU DIDNT JUST SAY THERE ARE JOBS IN ALL THE CRANNIES AND NOOKS OF NIGERIA! grin well u added kidadultnapping and pastoral but even with that, thats still not in every nook
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by iReport: 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2009
I also forgot that Marwa stole lagos state to a pulp and bought himself an airline so he is an employer too.
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by iReport: 4:26pm On Mar 24, 2009
Funmie, NO YOU DIDNT JUST SAY THERE ARE JOBS IN ALL THE CRANNIES AND NOOKS OF NIGERIA! well u added kidadultnapping and pastoral but even with that, thats still not in every nook
what of armed robbery? grin grin
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by mustafar1: 4:28pm On Mar 24, 2009
thats still not in every nook and cranny
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by iReport: 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2009
Ok na you sabi, Nigeria does not begin and end in lagos alone.  I am with marwa on this one, so stop encouraging idle Nigerians in South africa to stay put there and not go home. cool cool
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by mustafar1: 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2009
now u go turn this thing into state vs state yarns. ok i'll let you be with ur off the wall 'fact' grin
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by iReport: 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2009
state vs state is still not a tribal war, abi? wink wink
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by grafikdon: 4:34pm On Mar 24, 2009
They must have reasons to stay put in SA instead of flocking to Nigeria for dry greener pastures. .
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by iReport: 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2009
They must have reasons to stay put in SA instead of flocking to Nigeria for dry greener pastures. .

Isn't that like the parable of the prodigal son in the bible where he left for a far away land suffering when his fathers servants are living in plenty?
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by mustafar1: 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2009
iReport:

state vs state is still not a tribal war, abi? wink wink
ur wahala too much abeg. do whatever, say whatever you like. i don left u.
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by spikedcylinder: 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2009
Marwa, who made the call while addressing a group of Yoruba indigenes in Pretoria, South Africa, also appealed to jobless Nigerians in that country to return home.

Why was Marwa addressing only Yoruba people?
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by JustGood(m): 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2009
Marwa was not a saint when he was Lagos State MILAD. . . he bled the state.
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by iReport: 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2009
Why was Marwa addressing only Yoruba people?
May be because majority of the jobless people in south africa are yorubas. You know okoro will always find something to sell to indigenes and make a living. It's unfortunate that after years of indiscriminate looting of the Yoruba wealth by Marwa and co, he has the audacity to tell the same yorubas he stole from to pack their load and leave south africa because they are jobless. Somebody get me eggs and stones to pelt this dude.
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by mustafar1: 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2009
iReport:

May be because majority of the jobless people in south africa are yorubas. You know okoro will always find something to sell to indigenes and make a living. It's unfortunate that after years of indiscriminate looting of the Yoruba wealth by Marwa and co, he has the audacity to tell the same yorubas he stole from to pack their load and leave south africa because they are jobless. Somebody get me eggs and stones to pelt this dude.

roflmao
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by ilaugh1: 4:52pm On Mar 24, 2009
Yes, lets join hands in appealing to them to come home, home is better my brother.
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by iReport: 4:55pm On Mar 24, 2009
Yes, lets join hands in appealing to them to come home, home is better my brother.
How many jobs do you create in a year in yorubaland?
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by Fhemmmy: 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2009
I think for the first time, i agreed to the call of a govt official that some set of people should come back home.
If you in SA and have nothing doing, please, go back to Nigeria and get a job and make a living, or invest in some few things
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by Pataki: 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2009
I have mixed feeling about this matter. undecided Are there really jobs in Nigeria? There might be, but nevertheless, it is not Marwa's call to tell his people to return home when its leaders continue to loot the country in billion of dollars everyday!
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by Fhemmmy: 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2009
Pataki:

I have mixed feeling about this matter. undecided Are there really jobs in Nigeria? There might be, but nevertheless, it is not Marwa's call to tell his people to return home when its leaders continue to loot the country in billion of dollars everyday!

I feel same too, but Nigeria is in better shape than SA when it comes to Jobs avalability
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by osisi2(f): 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2009
let them go home and help beccomerich with his satellite photos.
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I feel same too, but Nigeria is in better shape than SA when it comes to Jobs avalability

what proof do you have for the statement above? Please no conjectures!!
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by spikedcylinder: 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Jobs differ significantly you know.
Drivers are usually the highest in demand and their average salary is 25k, is that what they should be coming back to?
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by Pataki: 6:02pm On Mar 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Are you really sure? You know how many graduates our Ivory Tower churn out every year? How many people struggle in the blistering sun to sit for a bank examination in Nigeria? Why do you think people are struggling to leave the country in their thousands to study abroad and make a living there? I know of some of my friends living in South Africa at the moment, studying and working there. Can that be said of Nigerians in Nigeria??
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by Fhemmmy: 6:08pm On Mar 24, 2009
Pataki:

Are you really sure? You know how many graduates our Ivory Tower churn out every year? How many people struggle in the blistering sun to sit for a bank examination in Nigeria? Why do you think people are struggling to leave the country in their thousands to study abroad and make a living there? I know of some of my friends living in South Africa at the moment, studying and working there. Can that be said of Nigerians in Nigeria??

How many of the Nigerians in South Africa has a job as a graduate, how many of them are proffessionals? Let us get real, most of them rather face shame in SA and sweep the raod than being same in Nigeria, however, i dont blame them, cos when they exchange the SA money to Nigeria naira, they are still better of.
But the point remains, there are jobs in Nigeria, just not the kinda job you can invite your babe to come for lunch. grin
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by dearie(m): 6:19pm On Mar 24, 2009
It will be a herculian task convincing them to come home. Most of these guys left naija in high spirit and with high expectation and may have even taken loans along the line to stabilise as soon as possible when they get there, only for things to go awry, then you'll expect such a person to come home empty-handed when you know that 'awon ile' would have been salivating to get their own share of the goodies on sniffing 'home coming alone'. Trust me, some will rather keep hustling there than come home and face the 'shame of having failed abroad'
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by RichyBlacK(m): 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2009
**osisi:

let them go home and help beccomerich with his satellite photos.

Becomerrich needs help? That guy probably has the fastest computers in the market. grin
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by mustafar1: 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Becomerrich needs help? That guy probably has the fastest computers in the market. grin

hahaha grin grin roflmao
Re: Return Home, Marwa Urges Idle Nigerians In S’africa by osisi2(f): 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2009
RichyBlacK:

how does he take those shots?
does he have a private helicopter or what?
he may need a pilot and people to carry his equipment and briefcase grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Yar’adua Died / Happy Birthday Ileke-idi / The Very Truth About Jos Crisis. U Must Read This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.