Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,030 members, 7,814,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? (10938 Views)

Banks’ Borrowing From Cbn Rises By 52% In One Week / Foreign Loan: Why Can't CBN Print The $5.5bn Instead Of Borrowing? / Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Mbkite(m): 8:41am On Aug 14, 2015
Can one do real business without borrowing? I decided to bring this topic to Nairaland family because a lot has been said about it. It has raised lots of arguments without any reasonable conclusion.
I want to hear your view on this.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by abangaLEE(f): 8:44am On Aug 14, 2015
you can do without borrowing but people will definitely owe you.

16 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 14, 2015
Very very possible. It is called DISCIPLINE

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 14, 2015
It's like asking if people really Swindle Fannies.

Don't get me wrong.
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Atlantian: 8:45am On Aug 14, 2015
Yes, but the growth will be arithmetic proportion if it survives the risk tenure. You need at least 2 years of survival with incremental profiteering ratio before you can totally be considered de-risked. But if you desire geometric growth, borrowing is the compelling option after being de-risked.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Mbkite(m): 8:46am On Aug 14, 2015
abangaLEE:
you can do without borrowing but people will definitely owe you.
ok.
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Mbkite(m): 8:47am On Aug 14, 2015
Atlantian:
Yes, but the growth will be arithmetic proportion if it survives the risk tenure. You need at least 2 years of survival with incremental profiteering ratio before you can totally be considered de-risked. But if you desire geometric growth, borrowing is an option after being de-risked.
wow! Economist. Thanx

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Mbkite(m): 8:48am On Aug 14, 2015
goldenruby:
Very very possible. It is called DISCIPLINE
thanx
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Mbkite(m): 8:48am On Aug 14, 2015
FannySwindler:
It's like asking if people really Swindle Fannies.

Don't get me wrong.
I dnt understand

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Immanueladebol(m): 8:51am On Aug 14, 2015
Yes,if u want a large base.Ask Dangote he il gist u more

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 14, 2015
You cannot do business without borrowing. For geometric growth. Atlatian had said it all.

Just like you can't Swindle Fannies without getting Hot.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Mbkite(m): 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
FannySwindler:
You cannot do business without borrowing. For geometric growth. Atlatian had said it all.

Just like you can't Swindle Fannies without getting Hot.
ok
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by stanvesco(m): 11:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hahahaaahaaa...... Well It depends on what you call borrowing....well in the real world....u call it LOAN.........Business can never succeed without loan.....either it being supply that you don't pay for,services you don't pay for immediately,or the popular.....OPM............OTHER PEOPLES MONEY......well.....as robert kiyosaki wud say.....dirs always good debt n bad debt................if its a small business ,u don't av to boro,however someday when u start getting biiiiig, u wud seek loans,credits,services etc......d most important tin wud be.....knowing how to use d debt effectively

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Mbkite(m): 3:18am On Aug 15, 2015
stanvesco:
Hahahaaahaaa...... Well It depends on what you call borrowing....well in the real world....u call it LOAN.........Business can never succeed without loan.....either it being supply that you don't pay for,services you don't pay for immediately,or the popular.....OPM............OTHER PEOPLES MONEY......well.....as robert kiyosaki wud say.....dirs always good debt n bad debt................if its a small business ,u don't av to boro,however someday when u start getting biiiiig, u wud seek loans,credits,services etc......d most important tin wud be.....knowing how to use d debt effectively
Are u saying it's impossible to do business running in millions of naira without taking loans? what has happened to growing your capital?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by pioneer10(m): 7:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
its possible to do bussiness without borrowing. check my link below and see for yourself

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Mbkite(m): 9:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
Seun, what do you think about this? Thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Mopolchi: 6:57am On Apr 26, 2016
You go borrow even dangote dey borrow
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Beno3: 6:57am On Apr 26, 2016
No. sometimes yes.
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by myners007: 6:58am On Apr 26, 2016
You dont neccessarily need huge capital to start up a business. it is adviseable you start on a small scale level and work hard to ensure that it grows into that empire that you desire. for this reason business can be started without borowing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Badgers14: 6:58am On Apr 26, 2016
It depends what kind of business.. Actually starting a business with a loan could go either way but make sure you know the market/business very well.

Also make sure you have a proof of concept, good business plan and good management skills.
Finally business is not all about money, Dangote was not a billionaire overnight, just start small then KNOW the market VERY well..

From experience, I cant tell you how many times people come to me saying, Abeg this and that , borrow me money, use my wife as collateral grin grin ( true story but an act of desperation).. But when i asked question about the business, his response was, I know a guy that started the business with so so amount of money and he is doing well , he says the business is moving well angry angry okay? Do you know why his business is booming Do you know about the products Who are your target consumers

Guess what happened This guy borrowed money from someone else and the said product because some guy he knows is doing well...okay
But here is the thing, he used all the capital for inventory then walked up to the guy to hook him up for customers... It turns out that he only have samples in his shop, that product isn't his main goods because the previous one does not sell that well... So if you want some, he will order for you...

This dude lost 50kg overnight.. cry 3months, 9months his goods are still looking pretty in his shop...it wasn't all that rosy like he thought.. Debts left and right... Selling his property left and right... Anyways, I did come to his rescue though..

I won't want to bore you with plenty story but all i am saying is business is not all about capital..

Cheers grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by hamzak61: 6:59am On Apr 26, 2016
It is possible, it depend on the business
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Massdamm(m): 6:59am On Apr 26, 2016
Yeap without borrow one kobo
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by pinkiberry(m): 7:01am On Apr 26, 2016
yes
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by laurel03(m): 7:01am On Apr 26, 2016
It depend on the business....
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by hamzak61: 7:01am On Apr 26, 2016
stanvesco:
who tell u dat business wil neva suxid witout loan
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Rexphobia(m): 7:03am On Apr 26, 2016
It depends on the school of capital structure you belong to:

Traditionalist
MM without tax and with tax
Pecking order
Trade-off
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by delishpot: 7:04am On Apr 26, 2016
If you have enough capital to start and if you do not mind starting from where your capital can carry you then no need to borrow.
You need to borrow if you do not have capital but you have a very good business idea then the amount of loan will depend on

*The modest or lowest amount possible that you can start with
*The level you want to start on
*The ability to pay back

So, it's not a must to borrow if you have all the capital you need to start at the level you wish to start.
No one will force you to eat if you already have food
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Creamz(m): 7:05am On Apr 26, 2016
Yes it's possible. But if you really want to grow and expand faster than you ordinarily would, then you need a bank loan. The bank loan helps you to get your dream in a record time. If u want to buy an equipment for like 3million and you get a bank loan for it you can buy the equipment in like 6 months. But if you want your profit to get to 3million it can take like 2 to 3 years of saving

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by amtaken(f): 7:05am On Apr 26, 2016
100% possible eg I can sell any of my lands to raise capital and start any business of my choice. Se o tigbo?
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by emymeeky: 7:05am On Apr 26, 2016
If you have a large capital base, why need to borrow ?
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Kay25(m): 7:11am On Apr 26, 2016
Yes you can once you are not greedy start small and grow the business.
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by brunofarad(m): 7:12am On Apr 26, 2016
YES.

You can even start business without CAPITAL..
Am a living proof to this.
The business phenomenon is gradually moving from TANGIBLE TO VIRTUAL REALITY.

Many online business require little or NO capital yet with ENORMOUS YIELD POTENTIALS.

Check my profile to see what I do for BUILDERS arround NIGERIA.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? / 6 Ways To Derive More Value From Your Money / A Good Man Returns Extra N35k Paid To Him By A POS Operator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.