Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: (3707 Views)

2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx / Audi Q7 S-line 4,2 V8 FSI Versus Volkswagen Touareg R50 5,0 V10 TDI? / Which Is Classier! A White Audi Q7 And A White Mercedes Benz Cls 500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by TouaregV8(m): 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2009
Dear Touareg and Porsche Cayenne Drivers,

I would like to find out what problems you've experienced with your vehicles in Nigeria.  These problems maybe mechanical or even service related  sad  angry

Please feel free to share your respective experiences, and lets see if we can learn from each other, and hopefully offer effective and objective solutions to these problems.

You may also want to share the positive eperiences you've enjoyed as a result of driving or owning a Touareg or Porsche Cayenne  smiley
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by ilaugh1: 8:39pm On Mar 24, 2009
the main problem i have had with the two cars is that i alays catch loads of girls when i roll in the touareg but fewer girls when i am in the cayenne.

1 Like

Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2009
Touareg, you forgot to include the Audi Q7, angry which both the Touareg and Cayenne are based on. angry
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by oranges(m): 8:33am On Mar 25, 2009
Im interested because in a few days I will be a member of the club shocked shocked shocked
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by TouaregV8(m): 10:39am On Mar 25, 2009
Good Morning Oranges,

Please clarify what you mean by joining the club.

If it is what I am thinking, I assume you're about to become the proud owner of either a Touareg, a Cayenne or an Audi Q7 - Am I correct?

1 Like

Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by TouaregV8(m): 10:47am On Mar 25, 2009
Morning Siena,

Hope you are well and working hard. How could I forget the Q7 beast - Please excuse my omission.

By the way, when are you going to join the club?
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by oranges(m): 11:38am On Mar 25, 2009
@ Touareg V8, u are right. Im about to be a pround owner of touareg V6
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 25, 2009
Touareg V8:

Morning Siena,

Hope you are well and working hard. How could I forget the Q7 beast - Please excuse my omission.

By the way, when are you going to join the club?

I'm good, all's well with me.

Nah, won't be joining the club anytime soon, my car's as exclusive as you could get!
No one else has one. cool
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by nkc(m): 10:11pm On Mar 25, 2009
touareg,

does my 4motion qualify grin grin grin
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by TouaregV8(m): 11:28pm On Mar 25, 2009
nkc,

It has been a while - I hope you are keeping out of trouble.

I see you you still as cheeky as ever. Unfortunately, your 4motion doesn't qualify, however, please feel free to contribute to this thread.
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by TouaregV8(m): 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2009
Oranges,

Is your V6 on its way from abroad, or has it already been baptised in Nigeria?
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by MrCrackles(m): 11:33pm On Mar 25, 2009
I have a Q7 toy!

DO i qualify
? undecided
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by MrCrackles(m): 11:33pm On Mar 25, 2009
i_laugh:

the main problem i have had with the two cars is that i alays catch loads of girls when i roll in the touareg but fewer girls when i am in the cayenne.

Idiot!
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by sultaan(m): 3:06am On Mar 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

Idiot!

I hope you mean't the girls, for not knowing the more luxurious version.

Siena:

Touareg, you forgot to include the Audi Q7, angry which both the Touareg and Cayenne are based on. angry

I thought the Q7 and Chayenne were based on the Touareg?
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by oranges(m): 8:20am On Mar 26, 2009
@v8, on its way.
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by oranges(m): 8:27am On Mar 26, 2009
@ Siena, pls explain why is the Tuoareg based on the Q7. I thought the 1st model of VW Tuoareg was lunched in 2004 while the Audi Q7 was lunched in 2007? grin grin grin grin
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by Emperoh(m): 8:53am On Mar 26, 2009
Siena
I was made to understand the Touareg is bedevilled with Electrical faults
Or is it just does gimmicks by our under qualifies artisans called electricians?
I am at the middle of convincing someone to buy a Touareg instead of an Infinity FX45!!
but he keeps bringing up this issue?

whats the true postion of things with the Touareg electrically and what other cons could it have?
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 26, 2009
oranges:

@ Siena, pls explain why is the Tuoareg based on the Q7. I thought the 1st model of VW Tuoareg was lunched in 2004 while the Audi Q7 was lunched in 2007? grin grin grin grin

If you dig deep buddy, the Audi Q7 platform was already in existence, long before it's launch, and way before the Touareg was built.

Audi Q7 production was delayed, but the first prototypes were in existence before the Touareg and Cayenne went into production.
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 26, 2009
Emperoh:

Siena
I was made to understand the Touareg is bedevilled with Electrical faults
Or is it just does gimmicks by our under qualifies artisans called electricians?
I am at the middle of convincing someone to buy a Touareg instead of an Infinity FX45!!
but he keeps bringing up this issue?

whats the true postion of things with the Touareg electrically and what other cons could it have?

The answer lies in the highlighted part of your above statement.

A poor workman always blames his tools, or the equipment he / she's working on.
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by oranges(m): 9:15am On Mar 26, 2009
@ Siena. smiley smileyThanks
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 26, 2009
oranges:

@ Siena. smiley smileyThanks

No worries brother. smiley
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by SMOOOTH(m): 12:01am On Sep 21, 2011
@ Siena , my 2003 touareg has recently developed faults , i need your technical advice as i do not want to subject it to naija technicians' incompetence.Is there a way i can connect with you so we can talk about it. Your kind 'expert' advice will be appreciated.
regards.
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by kuntash: 7:45am On Sep 21, 2011
Siena:

The answer lies in the highlighted part of your above statement.

A poor workman always blames his tools, or the equipment he / she's working on.

Aside this (I mean the workmen attempting to excuse their inadequacies) --- what are the basic cons of a Touareg ? for example, most people get scared when you mention Benz or BMW, they tend to say all sort of things, but from my experience, the lapse I have with Benz is the unusual design and mode of working and troubleshooting , and worse off is the scarce resource to learn more about it (manual is scarce) unlike conventional Japanese and many other rides, aside that, I think Benz or BMW are fantastic and rugged vehicles.

Does Touareg fall in this ?
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by Andrew3(m): 7:59am On Sep 21, 2011
I HAVE A Porsche BUT ITS NEW SO I VE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEM SO FAR
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by SMOOOTH(m): 5:07pm On Sep 21, 2011
@sienna , ran an obd II scan and came up with dtc codes regarding:
1:crankshaft position sensor error,
2:cylinder 5 misfiring,
3:oxygen sensor error,
4:mass air flow meter error, please what do all these codes mean?waiting on you sienna, thanks
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by Pennywise(m): 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2011
I always tot these cars are rather small (except Q7).
Re: Touareg, Porsche and Audi Q7 Owners: by tpia5: 3:51am On Apr 04, 2012
::Andrew:::
I HAVE A Porsche BUT ITS NEW SO I VE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEM SO FAR

is porsche the same thing as B6?

some of us seriously dont know- can you share your expertise in this area for those of us who arent high rollers like yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Toyota Dyna / Car Respray / I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.