Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise (14785 Views)

FREE CV Template: Create A Professional CV In 15 Minutes Or Less / Get A CV Template Here!!! / Thread For Recent Not-So-Advertised Jobs In Nigeria (Lagos Mainly) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by thekrine: 9:03am On Aug 15, 2015
Hello everyone,

As promised, I've put together a very simply and effective CV template for recent graduates and individuals with little work experience. This should help you to easily achieve an effective CV that rightly portrays your skills and abilities to recruiters.

Get the free template here:
http://www.thekrine.com/blog/free-cv-template-2/

After downloading the MS Word document, simply replace the details on the template with your information.

Also, please ensure you replace the KEY SKILLS with the core skills for your own career path. Don't restrict yourself to the skills used in this template.

More templates will be added soon.

All the best

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by BuhariVanguard: 10:06am On Aug 15, 2015
thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by profinaya: 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2015
@thekrine, plz can u send me the downloaded cv to my box, where I am presently the network is not strong enough for download. It is even difficult to get stable edge. emmainaya88@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by CHM11: 9:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
OP you call that book a CV?...
Please recent graduates, do not write too much stories in your CV...
The words in that template are just too many, it will bore out a recruiter. CV ends up in trash.
Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by thekrine: 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
Hi CHM11,

Thanks for your comment, you are very well entitled to your opinion (which is quite vague and most certainly irrelevant but I am replying so you don't mislead others on here).

The CV in this format is a skill based CV (google it and learn more). A CV of this nature is for people with little or zero work experience and it enables them to bring in other activities to show their skill before building more work experiences.

I stumbled on this CV format after meeting a professional career adviser and needed to apply for my first job but had absolutely no experience and it worked wonders. Based on the feedback I have received form hundreds of individuals that send in their CV for reviews, this format helped them scale the awkwardness of achieving a good first CV.

If at all you bothered to look at the CV with a learning mind, you will notice everything written on that CV was 'activity based' and not mare words. I advise you to do some research on skill based CV and not mislead people further.

Also learn more on my article - Writing a CV When You Have Zero Work Experience:
http://www.thekrine.com/blog/writing-a-cv-when-you-have-zero-work-experience/

All the best

CHM11:
OP you call that book a CV?...
Please recent graduates, do not write too much stories in your CV...
The words in that template are just too many, it will bore out a recruiter. CV ends up in trash.
Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
Nice job Op but A recent graduate putting referees available on request is the fastest way to get your CV thrown in o the waste bin. Plus putting age for a fresh graduate is an added advantage to show u are still young and have time on your side to learn on the job.
Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by CHM11: 9:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
thekrine:
Hi CHM11,

Thanks for your comment, you are very well entitled to your opinion (which is quite vague and most certainly irrelevant but I am replying so you don't mislead others on here).

The CV in this format is a skill based CV (google it and learn more). A CV of this nature is for people with little or zero work experience and it enables them to bring in other activities to show their skill before building more work experiences.

I stumbled on this CV format after meeting a professional career adviser and needed to apply for my first job but had absolutely no experience and it worked wonders. Based on the feedback I have received form hundreds of individuals that send in their CV for reviews, this format helped them scale the awkwardness of achieving a good first CV.

If at all you bothered to look at the CV with a learning mind, you will notice everything written on that CV was 'activity based' and not mare words. I advise you to do some research on skill based CV and not mislead people further.

Also learn more on my article - Writing a CV When You Have Zero Work Experience:
http://www.thekrine.com/blog/writing-a-cv-when-you-have-zero-work-experience/

All the best

You are the one misleading innocent recent graduates with that book you call a CV. No offense but I just had to say my observation. As someone with loads of experience, I wouldn't want my younger ones to go job hunting after NYSC with such CV. @the bolded is exactly how Most Recruiters won't have time to look at those stories of a stereotyped CV.

From the way you make comments, I'm convinced that you lack true industry experience, even if you do, its still at entry level ie 1-3 years. You'll learn.

Kind regards.
Good effort by the way.
Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by CHM11: 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2015
patakioye:
Nice job Op but A recent graduate putting referees available on request is the fastest way to get your CV thrown in o the waste bin. Plus putting age for a fresh graduate is an added advantage to show u are still young and have time on your side to learn on the job.

Someone is making sense here.
Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by thekrine: 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2015
Hello Patakioue,

I am yet to meet a recruiter that chucked a CV for not listing referee. Referencing is the very final stage of the recruitment process.

I have never excluded a candidate for a job interview for the lack of a referee. I actually don't look at that section until meeting and being imprssed by a candidate and I've heard most people involved in recruitment say same. Also, it seems really wrong to send your referees details/contacts all over the place.

You may insert any other personal information including age if you deem necessary as per requirements of the job you are applying for.

All the best.

patakioye:

1 Like

Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by thekrine: 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2015
CHM11,

LOL. I started reviewing CVs in 2011 (check nairaland.com/mycvclinic and you can see few of hundreds of testimonials here:
http://www.thekrine.com/blog/thekrine-cv-review-testimonials/

I have handled several recruitments as well and don't give out unresearched advice.

Some of us actually help others without making unhelpful noise.

Please do some research and endeavour to make comments that add value to our jobseekers.

Best of luck!

CHM11:

You are the one misleading innocent recent graduates with that book you call a CV. No offense but I just had to say my observation. As someone with loads of experience, I wouldn't want my younger ones to go job hunting after NYSC with such CV. @the bolded is exactly how Most Recruiters won't have time to look at those stories of a stereotyped CV.

From the way you make comments, I'm convinced that you lack true industry experience, even if you do, its still at entry level ie 1-3 years. You'll learn.

Kind regards.
Good effort by the way.
Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by CHM11: 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2015
thekrine:
CHM11,

LOL. I started reviewing CVs in 2011 (check nairaland.com/mycvclinic and you can see few of hundreds of testimonials here:
http://www.thekrine.com/blog/thekrine-cv-review-testimonials/

I have handled several recruitments as well and don't give out unresearched advice.

Some of us actually help others without making unhelpful noise.

Please do some research and endeavour to make comments that add value to our jobseekers.

Best of luck!

Good.
@unhelpful noise, you know nothing yet. Smart graduates who will actually get jobs early due to a good CV will definitely see the help in my comment because they will avoid CV's that look like that one you posted there.

Didn't comment to ridicule or belittle your effort if that's what you are thinking, I commented because I saw that CV and as an experience professional, its too wordy, its too jam-packed, its not well structured, it doesn't sell any true industry soft skill, its too stereotyped and it doesn't prepare candidates for SBIs or CBIs, its just word word word all packed up.

Like I said nice effort, it could be better.

Regards.
Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by thekrine: 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
Hello everyone,

As promised, I've put together a very simply and effective CV template for recent graduates and individuals with little work experience. This should help you to easily achieve an effective CV that rightly portrays your skills and abilities to recruiters.

Get the free template here:
http://www.thekrine.com/blog/free-cv-template-2/

After downloading the MS Word document, simply replace the details on the template with your information.

Also, please ensure you replace the KEY SKILLS with the core skills for your own career path. Don't restrict yourself to the skills used in this template.

Find the first template here:
http://www.thekrine.com/blog/free-cv-template/

More templates will be added soon.

All the best
Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 16, 2015
CHM11:

Good.
@unhelpful noise, you know nothing yet. Smart graduates who will actually get jobs early due to a good CV will definitely see the help in my comment because they will avoid CV's that look like that one you posted there.

Didn't comment to ridicule or belittle your effort if that's what you are thinking, I commented because I saw that CV and as an experience professional, its too wordy, its too jam-packed, its not well structured, it doesn't sell any true industry soft skill, its too stereotyped and it doesn't prepare candidates for SBIs or CBIs, its just word word word all packed up.

Like I said nice effort, it could be better.

Regards.
Okay I had to download the CV after reading your comments and In my opinion, the CV template isn't as bad as you make it seem. it might not be the best around but it sure as hell isn't off point either. In fact, I would gladly recommend it for fresh graduates in the labour market with little or no experience.

2 Likes

Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by CHM11: 8:44am On Aug 16, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Okay I had to download the CV after reading your comments and In my opinion, the CV template isn't as bad as you make it seem. it might not be the best around but it sure as hell isn't off point either. In fact, I would gladly recommend it for fresh graduates in the labour market with little or no experience.
Ok bro, cool.

I wouldn't recommend it tho as this is what 95% of other recent grads will most likely be using....

OP, I'm sorry if my comment seemed off.
Nice job.
Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by TheCode(m): 9:56am On Aug 16, 2015
CHM11:

Ok bro, cool.

I wouldn't recommend it tho as this is what 95% of other recent grads will most likely be using....

OP, I'm sorry if my comment seemed off.
Nice job.

I had to download this and I must confess its actually not bad. Just as friedplantain said, it may not be the best but it's definitely not that bad. It is not even up to 2 whole pages and I think it's a pretty good template for someone with zero experience.

However, I understand your concern bro, about CVs not being too wordy and all, and I applaud your desire to see that the right info is posted even when you do not stand to benefit from the info or be affected by it directly.

Your statements imply you have years of experience, maybe as a professional in your field or as a recruiter or both. I would suggest you draw from your wealth of knowledge and make some modifications to that CV according to what you feel it should look like, and put it up for free download so that job seekers can benefit from the experience of both you and TK. I believe this would be of more benefit to job seekers following this thread, and others who do not exactly fit into that category may still learn a thing or two from you.

You don't have to do what I just suggested. Maybe you run a tight schedule or you don't feel bound to do anyone such favour. You are completely right. But if you decide to do it, all job seekers that stumble across this thread will bless you in gratitude as they download and compare. Such altruism never goes unrewarded. It will also lend credence to your concerns on TK's version.

@TK, I am not saying your version is utterly lackluster; but it won't hurt to see another professional's perspective. On the bright side, this little debate would heighten curiosity and lead to more downloads than normal, which means more visitors than normal being drawn to your site though this thread, which is the main reason why you created this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by thekrine: 11:08am On Aug 16, 2015
Hi TheCode,

I think you simply took the words out of my mouth. Aside from the fact that this disuss has given this thread more clicks and the CV over 250 downloads right now, it will be great to see someone elses sample of a CV for someone with zero work experience.

No one dislikes wordy CVs and CVs with poor clarity more than I do. One of the early CV illustrations I shared here on nairaland in 2011 here:
https://www.nairaland.com/801878/free-cv-review-students-jobseekers

You can also read in on my website here:
http://www.thekrine.com/blog/illustration-creating-a-more-effective-cv-part-1/

I've also written on importance of Clarity:
http://www.thekrine.com/blog/cv-review-note-part-2-clarity/

Lets learn more about skills based CV and direct our jobseekers rightly. I got to learn about it from my career adviser at my university in the UK and it helped me start my now 10 years old career.

For this template, I even assumed the jobseeker had an NYSC job that aligns with the users career path which is accounting/finance.

Imagine a jobseeker that was a teacher during NYSC but with an accounting career path. Can you imagine how silly it will be to take out the Skills section all in the name of not being 'wordy'. Words are great my people, use them rightly to convey your skills.

Many more templates coming. And I welcome individuals to freely share theirs with me, it will be great for nairalanders and users of my site.

Have an awesome Sunday and thanks for all the downloads.

Please comment and make your suggestions to keep this thread alive smiley

All the best

TheCode:

I had to download this and I must confess its actually not bad. Just as friedplantain said, it may not be the best but it's definitely not that bad. It is not even up to 2 whole pages and I think it's a pretty good template for someone with zero experience.

However, I understand your concern bro, about CVs not being too wordy and all, and I applaud your desire to see that the right info is posted even when you do not stand to benefit from the info or be affected by it directly.

Your statements imply you have years of experience, maybe as a professional in your field or as a recruiter or both. I would suggest you draw from your wealth of knowledge and make some modifications to that CV according to what you feel it should look like, and put it up for free download so that job seekers can benefit from the experience of both you and TK. I believe this would be of more benefit to job seekers following this thread, and others who do not exactly fit into that category may still learn a thing or two from you.

You don't have to do what I just suggested. Maybe you run a tight schedule or you don't feel bound to do anyone such favour. You are completely right. But if you decide to do it, all job seekers that stumble across this thread will bless you in gratitude as they download and compare. Such altruism never goes unrewarded. It will also lend credence to your concerns on TK's version.

@TK, I am not saying your version is utterly lackluster; but it won't hurt to see another professional's perspective. On the bright side, this little debate would heighten curiosity and lead to more downloads than normal, which means more visitors than normal being drawn to your site though this thread, which is the main reason why you created this thread.
Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 17, 2015
What's wordy about that CV? Infact it doesn't even capture everything.. No leadership positions held, achievements et al...

Who's saying referees available upon request ends CVs in the trash bin? undecided

To each his own...

1 Like

Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by thekrine: 9:50am On Aug 17, 2015
Hello MarvellousGod,

Well said on the achievements bit. Many thanks for that response.

The Achievements section is one of the most important bits for an entry level CV. If you have outstanding achievements (especially academic), kindly insert yours as a section just before or after your key skills. I have attached a photo to this response to show you how this should look. On my first CV, I had this right under the Education section of my CV.

You may introduce Leadership and any other core skills for your career path to the template as I adviced with the original post.

MarvellousGod:
What's wordy about that CV? Infact it doesn't even capture everything.. No leadership positions held, achievements et al...

Who's saying referees available upon request ends CVs in the trash bin? undecided

To each his own...

Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by ONEPEACE(m): 9:34pm On May 16, 2017
oluperfect@gmail. com
Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by diamondzs(f): 8:31am On May 17, 2017
Kechi90@yahoo.com
Re: Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise by PrinceFola(m): 8:37am On May 17, 2017
God bless you....... You're making sense jawe!

(1) (Reply)

Faan Interview 18th March, 2015 / What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. / Are Pruvia Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.