Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" (4762 Views)

Ambode In School Uniform To His Alma-Mater, FGC Warri (Photos) / Tinubu Came To See Me 3 Times B4 I Approved Oando Conocophilips Deal - Diezani / An Insult On My Alma Mater(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:

You are right sir. but he is considered to be made in UNN, only to be packaged at IFE. but all the same, you are right sir.
He is an Ife product. Period! He graduated the same year with the late Prof. Imoru in 1967.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
menabadoo:
UNN has more elite than OAU, I attended Ibadan and I think only Ibadan has more elites than UNN in Nigeria.

I still don't agree with you on that but thank God you admitted UI having more elites.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
Ibadan is the best, everybody knows that.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I still don't agree with you on that but thank God you admitted UI having more elites.
UNN has more, after ibadan, its UNN.

Take it or leave it, others follow.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
menabadoo:
UNN has more elite than OAU, I attended Ibadan and I think only Ibadan has more elites than UNN in Nigeria.
Mention the elite.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
menabadoo:

Look I'm not even ready for any debate sef. Wo let me enjoy my meat jare and besides Jollof rice go soon don
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Mention the elite.

Abeg leave that guy matter.I've had debates with him and trust me he'll bore you
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Mention the elite.
no need mentioning, unn has produced more professors than OAU, even when I was in UI, we had more lecturers from UNN than OAU.

Check the list of fellows, UNN have more fellows.

I know the likes if Charles soludo, Dora akuyinli, Godwin emefiele, Ibe kachukwu, ike ekweremadu, ..........the list is very long
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Look I'm not even ready for any debate sef. Wo let me enjoy my meat jare and besides Jollof rice go soon don
unn has more elite than OAU, stop arguing blindly.

Only Ibadan can beat uNN.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
menabadoo:
unn has more elite than OAU, stop arguing blindly.

Only Ibadan can beat uNN.

Guy which one be your own na! i said i've heard eeeh ema gbami
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
menabadoo:
no need mentioning, unn has produced more professors than OAU, even when I was in UI, we had more lecturers from UNN than OAU.

Check the list of fellows, UNN have more fellows.

I know the likes if Charles soludo, Dora akuyinli, Godwin emefiele, Ibe kachukwu, ike ekweremadu, ..........the list is very long
You're lied that UI has more professor from UI than OAU.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You're lied that UI has more professor from UI than OAU.
its not a lie, ask anybody.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
menabadoo:
its not a lie, ask anybody.
I don't need to ask anybody: I graduated from OAU, and know that there is an "exchange" of lecturers between OAU and UI. The closeness between both schools makes it earsier for lecturers of OAU to do their sabbatical in UI. UI lecturers also come to OAU for the same purpose.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I don't need to ask anybody: I graduated from OAU, and know that there is an "exchange" of lecturers between OAU and UI. The closeness between both schools makes it earsier for lecturers of OAU to do their sabbatical in UI. UI lecturers also come to OAU for the same purpose.

you know what....leave nairaland, go and investigate, no need dragging anything. besides I still do not accept that UI had more alumni than UNN, UI started awarding degrees in 1965, while UNN started awarding in 1964.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 7:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
menabadoo:

again, my friend, its not true. don't allow the western lagos-ibadan press to deceive you.

UI started churning graduates in 1965, while UNN started churning a year or two earlier. before then it was university of London certificate that was issued to students of university college Ibadan. Google it sir.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:

you know what....leave nairaland, go and investigate, no need dragging anything. besides I still do not accept that UI had more alumni than UNN, UI started awarding degrees in 1965, while UNN started awarding in 1964.
Guy, I been to UNN and UNEC. OAU started awarding degrees in 1965. Prof. Itse Sagay got his LLB that year.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:

again, my friend, its not true. don't allow the western lagos-ibadan press to deceive you.

UI started churning graduates in 1965, while UNN started churning a year or two earlier. before then it was university of London certificate that was issued to students of university college Ibadan. Google it sir.
That is not true. Certificates issued then bore "University College, Ibadan" on them.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

That is not true. Certificates issued then bore "University College, Ibadan" on them.

it was gotten and signed by the senate of the London university on it. I don't need to argue about that. achebe clarified that since.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by OKKO(m): 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2015
When she and her progeny roar the other. "animals" in the "zoo" shivers. UNN producing great lions and lionesses since the birth of Nigeria. The closest rivals are UI in terms of quality products and ABUTH in terms of geographical size and beauty...OAU is not in her class.
Her early combination of British and American systems via introduction of GS which was later adopted by NUC trashed UI's British system bias.
UNN boasts of highest number of faculties and department among all, research institutes and centers.
We parade great masquerades in science, arts and medicine...
RSVP
Mr and Mrs. PN and FN Okeke (professors) physics and astronomy
Dr. Mr and Dr. Mrs. Onwuasigwe (professors) medicine
I can mention twenty of such renowned pairs.

1 Like

Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:

I know what I'm saying, UI has more dignitaries.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by OKKO(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2015
Look at what we think about ourselves in the DEN

UNN Anthem Hail varsity of Nigeria my alma mater Hail her and rejoice for the sake of truth where young men and women do seek for knowledge hail her and rejoice for the sake of knowledge where the nations potentials do breed in the nest hail her and rejoice for her noble ideals hail varsity per excellence your dreams come through hail her and rejoice for her giant awakes my alma mater, my alma mater, noble are thy looks and thy ideal and great art thou, in science and in arts in other realms of learning thou art all sublime Hail varsity of Nigeria my alma mater hail her and rejoice for her lofty plans hail varsity that is sited on soft green hills hail her and rejoice for her beauty sake hail varsity of glory the pride of our land hail her and rejoice for her light will shine hail varsity per excellence your dreams come true hail her and rejoice for her giants awake my alma mater, my alma mater...........
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by OKKO(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2015
Look at what we think about ourselves in the DEN

UNN Anthem Hail varsity of Nigeria my alma mater Hail her and rejoice for the sake of truth where young men and women do seek for knowledge hail her and rejoice for the sake of knowledge where the nations potentials do breed in the nest hail her and rejoice for her noble ideals hail varsity per excellence your dreams come through hail her and rejoice for her giant awakes my alma mater, my alma mater, noble are thy looks and thy ideal and great art thou, in science and in arts in other realms of learning thou art all sublime Hail varsity of Nigeria my alma mater hail her and rejoice for her lofty plans hail varsity that is sited on soft green hills hail her and rejoice for her beauty sake hail varsity of glory the pride of our land hail her and rejoice for her light will shine hail varsity per excellence your dreams come true hail her and rejoice for her giants awake my alma mater, my alma mater...........
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2015
menabadoo:

I once believed so, but not anymore after series of investigations. UI can at most be at par with UNN.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
OKKO:
When she and her progeny roar the other. "animals" in the "zoo" shivers. UNN producing great lions and lionesses since the birth of Nigeria. The closest rivals are UI in terms of quality products and ABUTH in terms of geographical size and beauty...OAU is not in her class.
Her early combination of British and American systems via introduction of GS which was later adopted by NUC trashed UI's British system bias.
UNN boasts of highest number of faculties and department among all, research institutes and centers.
RSVP

on point....you are so on point sir. a lot of people have come to believe the Lagos+Ibadan press....too bad.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by dunkem21(m): 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
menabadoo:

Hey, that is clearly an exaggerated overstatement ..

**Roars******
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by dunkem21(m): 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
OKKO:
RSVP

The Okekes ..

.not forgetting the Ikejiani Clarke's ..

Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by dunkem21(m): 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
..off point ..
..Buhari should look for Osita Onuma ..
..OO ..
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:02pm On Sep 24, 2015
This is a list of notable faculty and alumni
from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka .

1) Politics, Law and Government

* Brig-Gen. Nnamdi Okore-Affia, Former
Director General, National Youth Service
Corps(NYSC) (2011 - 2013)

* [[Lam Adesina]], pioneer class of 1963;
Governor of Oyo State, Nigeria (1999–2003)

* [[Olisa Agbakoba]], class of 1977 (Law);
Senior Advocate of Nigeria; founder of
Nigeria's foremost human rights
organization, the Civil Liberties Organisation
(CLO) and former president of the Nigerian
Bar Association (2006 - 2008)

* [[Gabriel O. Ajayi]], class of 1965 (Physics);
Professor of Communications, Obafemi
Awolowo University, Ile-Ife; first Director
General, National Information Technology
Development Agency (NITDA), Abuja

* [[Dora Akunyili]], Federal Minister of
Information and Communication, Nigeria
(2008–2010) and Director-General, National
Agency for Food and Drug Administration
and Control (NAFDAC)(2001 – )

* [[E.C. Amucheazi]], former Director-
General, National Orientation Agency
* [[Sullivan Chime]], Governor of Enugu State,
Nigeria (2007 – date)

* [[Ike Ekweremadu]], Deputy Senate
President, Nigeria

* [[Joy Emordi]], class of 1979; Senator of
the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Anambra
North Senatorial Zone, Anambra State) 2003
-
* [[Akpan Isemin]], Governor of Akwa Ibom
State, Nigeria (1992–1993)

* [[Ousman Jammeh]], Gambian Foreign
Minister (2009–2010)

* [[Gregory Ngaji]], class of 1977; Senator of
the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Cross River
North Senatorial constituency, Cross River)
2003 -

* [[Chris Ngige]], Governor of Anambra State,
Nigeria (2003–2007) and Senator of the
Federal Republic of Nigeria (Anambra State,
Anambra Central Senatorial District), 2011 –
date

* [[Chimaroke Nnamani]], Senator of the
Federal Republic of Nigeria (Enugu East
Senatorial District, Enugu State) and
Governor of Enugu State (1999–2007)

* [[Peter Obi]], Governor of Anambra State,
Nigeria (2006 – date)

* [[Peter Odili]], Governor of Rivers State,
Nigeria (1999–2007)

* [[Osita Ogbu]], Former Economic Adviser to
the President and Minister of National
Planning Commission of Nigeria

* [[Kanayo KGB Oguakwa]], class of 1987,
Member, House of Representatives, Federal
Republic of Nigeria(Aninri/Awgu/Oji River
Federal Constituency, Enugu State) 2003 -

* [[Fabian Osuji]], former Federal Minister of
Education

* [[Oserheimen Osunbor]], Governor of Edo
State, Nigeria (2007–2008) and Senator of
the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Edo State,
Edo Central Senatorial District), 1999–2007

* [[Niki Tobi]], first person to earn a PhD in
Law from University of Nigeria (1983);
Associate Justice, Supreme Court of Nigeria
(2002–2010)

* [[G.T.G. Toby]], pioneer class of 1963 and
former Deputy Governor, Rivers State,
Nigeria

* [[Patrick Utomi]], Presidential candidate for
the African Democratic Congress (ADC) in
the Nigerian April 2007 elections and former
Director of the Center for Applied Economics,
Lagos Business School, Pan African
University

2) Banking and Business

* [[Michael Ade-Ojo]], class of 1965
(Business Administration); founder of Elizade
Nigeria Limited, major distributors of Toyota
Motors in Nigeria

* [[Assisi Asobie]], Chairman of the Nigeria
Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative
(NEITI) and former President, Academic Staff
Union of Universities (ASUU) Nigeria

* [[Cathy Echeozo]], Deputy Managing
Director, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc

* [[Godwin Emefiele]], Group Managing
Director/CEO, Zenith Bank Plc, Nigeria

* [[O'tega Emerhor]], class of 1983
(Accountancy); Vice Chairman/Group CEO,
Standard Alliance Insurance Plc

* [[Obiageli Ezekwesili]], Vice President
(Africa Region), World Bank and Federal
Minister of Education (2006–2007) and Solid
Minerals Development (2005–2006), Nigeria

* [[Chima Ibeneche]], former Managing
Director, Nigeria LNG Limited and former,
Managing Director of Shell Nigeria
Exploration and Production Company
(SNEPCO)

* [[Gerald Ilukwe]], Managing Director/CEO,
Galaxy Backbone Plc and former, General
Manager of Microsoft Nigeria

* [[Emmanuel C. Iwuanyanwu]],
Businessman

* [[Tunde Lemo]], Deputy Governor
(Operations), Central Bank of Nigeria and
former Managing Director/Chief Executive
Officer of Wema Bank Plc, Nigeria

* [[Okey Nwuke]], Executive Director,
Institutional Banking, Access Bank Plc,
Nigeria

* [[Emeka Onwuka]], Chairman, Enterprise
Bank and former Managing Director/Chief
Executive Officer of Diamond Bank Plc,
Nigeria

* [[Arunma Oteh]], Director-General,
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC),
Nigeria and Vice-President for Corporate
Services, African Development Bank Group
(AfDB) (2006–2009)

* [[Charles Chukwuma Soludo]], Governor
Central Bank of Nigeria (2004–2009)

* [[Herbert Wigwe]], Group Deputy Managing
Director and Co-founder, Access Bank Plc,
Nigeria

* [[Cyril N Enweze]], Director IMF -Fmr, Vice
President ADB-Fmr, Vice President IFAD,
Rome - Fmr

3) Science, Technology, Engineering and
Medicine

* [[Chukwuma Anyanwu]], Pharmacist,
Epidemiologist and Zoologist

* [[Charles Chidume]], Professor of
Mathematics, President, African University of
Science and Technology (AUST), Abuja,
Nigeria and Mathematician, International
Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP),
Trieste, Italy

* [[Okwesilieze Nwodo]], Governor of Enugu
State, Nigeria (1992 – 1993)

* [[Pius N. Okeke]], Professor of Physics and
first person to earn a PhD in Physics (1975)
from the University of Nigeria

4) Academia

* [[Ola-Rotimi Matthew Ajayi]], pioneer Vice
Chancellor, Landmark University, Omu-Aran,
Kwara State (2011 - ); Professor of Political
Science

* [[Abhulimen Richard Anao]], Vice
Chancellor, University of Benin, Nigeria
(1999–2004)

* [[Christian C. Anieke]], pioneer Vice
Chancellor, Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu
(2009 - ); Professor of English and Catholic
Priest

* [[Boniface C.E. Egboka]], Vice Chancellor,
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra
State (June 2009 - ); Professor of
Environmental Hydrogeology

* [[James Epoke]], Vice Chancellor,
University of Calabar (2010 - ); Professor of
Microbiology

* [[Chibuzo Ogbuagu]], Vice Chancellor, Abia
State University, Uturu, Abia State; Professor
of Economics

* [[Ogwo Ekeoma Ogwo]], pioneer Vice
Chancellor, Renaissance University,
Ugbawka, Enugu State (2006 - 2011) and
former, Vice Chancellor, Abia State
University (2000 - 2005); Professor of
Marketing

* [[Austin Ilochi Okafor]],(SAN), former Vice
Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University,
Awka;Former Attorney General in the old
Anambra state; Profesor of Law.

* [[Jacob K. Olupona]], Professor of African
Religious Traditions and Chair of the
Committee on African studies at the Harvard
Divinity School with a joint appointment as
Professor of African and African American
Studies in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences
at Harvard University

* [[J.O. Onah]], former Vice Chancellor,
Enugu State University of Science and
Technology, Nigeria; Professor of Marketing

* [[Celestine O. E. Onwuliri]], former Vice-
Chancellor, Federal University of Technology,
Owerri, Imo State (2006 - 2011) and acting
Vice Chancellor, University of Jos; Professor
of Zoology.

5) Alumni

*[[Chidi Obi]], Scientist, California, USA

*[[Lam Adesina]], Governor of [[Oyo State]],
Nigeria (1999–2003)

*[[Obong Akpan Isemin|Akpan Isemin]],
Governor of [[Akwa Ibom]] State, Nigeria
(1992–1993)

*[[Dora Akunyili]], Federal Minister of
Information and Communication, Nigeria
(2008–2010) and Director-General, [[National
Agency for Food and Drug Administration
and Control]] (NAFDAC)(2001 – )

* Esther Ebigbo, Resonance gospel music
group singer and first class graduate of
Philosophy, University of Nigeria Enugu
campus.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
* [[Humphrey Nwosu]], Professor of Political Science and Chairman, National Electoral Commission of Nigeria (NECON), 1989 – 1993
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
[[Ben O. Nwabueze]], Professor of Law
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
* [[James O.C. Ezeilo]], Professor of Mathematics, former Vice-Chancellor, University of Nigeria and Bayero University Kano; pioneer Director-General, National Mathematical Center, Abuja; one of a trio of mathematicians (with [[Chike Obi]] and [[Adegoke Olubummo]]) who pioneered modern mathematics research in Nigeria
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by tpiander: 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2015
Is money attached to all this or is the op just exerting himself for nothing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Saraki Must Resign Now – Tinubu / Buhari Has No Single Yoruba Person In government / Nnamdi Kanu Growing His Beards Is Sending A Message That Nigerians Cannot Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.