Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" (4761 Views)

Ambode In School Uniform To His Alma-Mater, FGC Warri (Photos) / Tinubu Came To See Me 3 Times B4 I Approved Oando Conocophilips Deal - Diezani / An Insult On My Alma Mater(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

These are people in arts so its natural but wait for me

They are heavyweights joor, whether arts or science.
what about DORA AKUNYILI, OLISA AGBAKOBA, .....another 2 above 10 heavyweights....
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:

*coughs* adeboye is BSc UNN pls.....
Google E. A. Adeboye gives grant to OAU in Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos. At the occasion, he said he got his Bsc in OAU, Ile-Ife (then University of Ife). Adeboye started his Bsc degree in Mathematic in UNN. But in 1966, as a result of the tension in the country, undegraduates were asked to transfer to universities in the regions of origin. Adeboye escaped in a canoe across the Niger to enroll in the University of Ife, where he got his degree in 1967. Former Ambassador to the Phillipines, Yemi Farounbi, transfered too to OAU and got his Bsc in Geography in 1968. Prof. A.B.C. Nwosu was in UI, Ibadan but transferred to UNN.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
dunkem21:

No go there ..

..Na there the den mature finish ..

**Roars****

Wole Soyinka started his lecturing career in the Department of English, OAU in 1962.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Google E. A. Adeboye gives grant to OAU in Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos. At the occasion, he said he got his Bsc in OAU, Ile-Ife (then University of Ife). Adeboye started his Bsc degree in Mathematic in UNN. But in 1966, as a result of the tension in the country, undegraduates were asked to transfer to universities in the regions of origin. Adeboye escaped in a canoe across the Niger to enroll in the University of Ife, where he got his degree in 1967. Former Ambassador to the Phillipines, Yemi Farounbi, transfered too to OAU and got his Bsc in Geography in 1968. Prof. A.B.C. Nwosu was in UI, Ibadan but transferred to UNN.

agreed, but he had spent most of his university years at Nsukka before he was transfered to ife to complete the few semesters he had left....
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by dunkem21(m): 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
Chinua Achebe, Emeritus Professor of
English, 1985

Adiele Afigbo , renowned Professor of History
(1966–1992)
El Anatsui, Africa's most famous artist and
Professor of Sculpture

Alexander Animalu, Emeritus Professor of
Physics and former Research Scientist, Lincoln
Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of
Technology (MIT), United States of America;
former President, Nigerian Academy of Science
and Director-General, National Mathematical
Centre, Abuja

Eme Awa , Professor of Political Science and
chairman, National Electoral Commission of
Nigeria (NECON), 1987 – 1989

Babs Fafunwa , Emeritus Professor of
Education; First Dean of the Faculty of
Education and Acting Vice-Chancellor,
University of Nigeria (1964–1966);

Njoku,oku, Professor of Botanist; First Vice-
Chancellor, University of Lagos, 1962 – 1965
and Vice-Chancellor, University of Nigeria,
1966 – 1967

Humphrey Nwosu , Professor of Political
Science and chairman, National Electoral
Commission of Nigeria (NECON),

***Roars angrily ******
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Wole Soyinka started his lecturing career in the Department of English, OAU in 1962.

Soyinka is the only heavyweight that lectured at ife....

el natsui, Africa's most famous artiste, started his lecturing at Nsukka. how about babs fafunwa too....
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
Olagunsoye Oyinlola- former governor of Osun state

Ola Rotimi- Famous playwright and author of The Gods are not to blame

Professor Oladeji Ojo, the former director of evaluation, African Development Bank

Doyin Owolabi, a former president of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria

Oluyemi Badero, world-renowned International Cardiologist

Pastor Enoch Adeboye

P.S I even think the dunkem guy is just assuming every Great Igbo personality is in UNN alumni. I know if I take my time to scrutinize that list, I will surely find many flaws.

Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
dunkem21:
Chinua Achebe, Emeritus Professor of
English, 1985

Adiele Afigbo , renowned Professor of History
(1966–1992)
El Anatsui, Africa's most famous artist and
Professor of Sculpture

Alexander Animalu, Emeritus Professor of
Physics and former Research Scientist, Lincoln
Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of
Technology (MIT), United States of America;
former President, Nigerian Academy of Science
and Director-General, National Mathematical
Centre, Abuja

Eme Awa , Professor of Political Science and
chairman, National Electoral Commission of
Nigeria (NECON), 1987 – 1989

Babs Fafunwa , Emeritus Professor of
Education; First Dean of the Faculty of
Education and Acting Vice-Chancellor,
University of Nigeria (1964–1966);

Njoku,oku, Professor of Botanist; First Vice-
Chancellor, University of Lagos, 1962 – 1965
and Vice-Chancellor, University of Nigeria,
1966 – 1967

Humphrey Nwosu , Professor of Political
Science and chairman, National Electoral
Commission of Nigeria (NECON),

***Roars angrily ******

Guy do you know achebe is part of UI Alumni?
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
I'm only being biased anyways.University of Ibadan is still unrivalled when it comes to producing world-beaters. I'm sure everyone here will agree with me on that.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by dunkem21(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
I dedicate this space to my mannest man Osita Onuma

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/soc.culture.nigeria/78GHZoPf4vQ
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Guy do you know achebe is part of UI Alumni?

no sir, he was an alumni of university of London. university (of London) college, ibadan, was his alma mater.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
I'm only being biased anyways.University of Ibadan is still unrivalled when it comes to producing world-beaters. I'm sure everyone here will agree with me on that.

why sir? prove it.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by dunkem21(m): 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Give them the baton, sir ..
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:

no sir, he was an alumni of university of London. university (of London) college, ibadan, was his alma mater.

Do you know he studied literature and medicine at the University of Ibadan
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2015
dunkem21:

Ha! guy no try am!no try am at aaaal.Ibadan?nairaland will crash.you sef know cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Do you know he studied literature and medicine at the University of Ibadan

his certificate was not UI, it was university of London. Ibadan cut their umbilical cord from London in 1962 I think....
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
dunkem21:

SonOfEl:

why sir? prove it.

From Wole Soyinka to saro wiwa to achebe himself.Please guys don't let us stress UI hun
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:

his certificate was note UI, it was university of London. Ibadan cut their umbilical cord from London in 1962 I think....

Evidence please. Because UI is the school that he's usually associated with
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Evidence please. Because UI is the school that's usually attached to him

he attended University College, Ibadan, which has its umbilical cord connected to the University of London, same for Soyinka. it was later around 1965 that it started awarding its own degrees.

okay, it was in 1965 that Ibadan started offering its own degrees
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by dunkem21(m): 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Ha! guy no try am!no try am at aaaal.Ibadan?nairaland will crash.you sef know cheesy cheesy

grin grin

I love your sense of humor but ..
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
dunkem21:

grin grin

I love your sense of humor but ..

my brother, e be like say dem don run comot for this thread o....hehehe.....no school beats the lions alumni....
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:

Soyinka is the only heavyweight that lectured at ife....

el natsui, Africa's most famous artiste, started his lecturing at Nsukka. how about babs fafunwa too....
Sam Aluko started in OAU in the Department of Economics.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:

agreed, but he had spent most of his university years at Nsukka before he was transfered to ife to complete the few semesters he had left....
The argument is where E.A. Adeboye got his Bsc.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by tpiar: 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:
GIVE ME 3 REASONS WHY YOUR ALMA MATER IS BETTER "THE DEN"

if you have to compare your school before you can say anything about it, then seems you are not letting your school pass through you, if indeed you were ever a student.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

The argument is where E.A. Adeboye got his Bsc.

You are right sir. but he is considered to be made in UNN, only to be packaged at IFE. but all the same, you are right sir.

1 Like

Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
tpiar:

if you have to compare your school before you can say anything about it, then seems you are not letting your school pass through you, if indeed you were ever a student.

save all your drama for another day. am a proud alumnus of UNN, that's why I boast about it. what about you? seems you ain't proud of yours.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by dunkem21(m): 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:

my brother, e be like say dem don run comot for this thread o....hehehe.....no school beats the lions alumni....

Meanwhile, I never start sef ..

1 Like

Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by dunkem21(m): 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:

You are right sir. but he is considered to be made in UNN, only to be packaged at IFE.

Anybody that takes GS 101 not GST 101 is a Lion/ess ..

1 Like

Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by tpiander: 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:

. am a proud alumnus of UNN, that's why I boast about it. .

i havent see you boasting, you're only comparing, which speaks volumes about you.

were you ever a student anywhere?
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by SonOfEl(m): 5:47pm On Sep 24, 2015
tpiander:

i havent see you boasting, you're only comparing, which speaks volumes about you.

were you ever a student anywhere?

if you read the caption of this thread and you didn't figure out that am proudly boasting about UNN, then for certain you are a kid bro....
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by tpiander: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2015
SonOfEl:

if you read the caption of this thread and you didn't figure out that am proudly boasting about UNN, then for certain you are a kid bro....

this is what I saw in your thread title:

Give me

Your alma mater

Is Better

explain where the "boast" is, as opposed to comparison.
Re: Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
[b]Orlando let me me give sonofel a fatality

Akinwumi Adesina- President of African Development Bank & former Nigerian Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development

Amal Pepple, former Nigerian Minister of Lands, Housing & Urban Development and former Head of Nigerian Civil Service

Alexander Akinyele- former Nigerian Minister of Information

Babalola Borishade, former Nigeria Minister of Aviation

Oladapo Afolabi, former Head of Nigerian Civil Service

Olusegun Mimiko- Governor of Ondo State, Nigeria

Olagunsoye Oyinlola- former Governor of Osun State, Nigeria

Olusegun Oni- former-Governor of Ekiti state, Nigeria

Fidelis Oyakhilome- former Governor Rivers state, Nigeria

Dominic Oneya-former Governor Kano state, Nigeria

Oluremi Tinubu-former First Lady and Senator of Lagos State, Nigeria

Babafemi Ojudu-Senator of Ekiti State, Nigeria

Christopher Omoworare Babajide-Senator of Osun State, Nigeria

Abike Dabiri-former Member of the House of Representatives

Sarah Alade- Acting Governor Central Bank of Nigeria

Jimi Agbaje- Lagos State Governorship Candidate

Femi Otedola- Nigerian oil billionaire

Jimoh Ibrahim- Lawyer, Nigerian billionaire. Currently the Group Chairman and Group Chief Executive Officer of Global Fleet Group.

Dele Momodu- Nigerian Journalist and Businessman and CEO of Ovation International Magazine

Femi Falana-Nigerian Lawyer and Human Activist

To be continued...

[/b]
UNN has more elite than OAU, I attended Ibadan and I think only Ibadan has more elites than UNN in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra View On Edo State / At ₦145/L Price, Nigerians Buy One Of The Cheapest Petrol In The World / Checkout The Huge Weapons ISIS Collected From Nigerian Army - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.