Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. (1519 Views)

Operation Crocodile Smile Show Of Force (pics) / Exercise Crocodile Smile In Rivers, Army Kills 5 Militants & Arrest 23 / Okonjo-iweala Blames Jonthan’s Govt For Nigeria’s Woes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by smsshola(m): 8:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
The birth of a child brings joy and happiness not just to the parent but to the whole family. A child does not partake or determine what name he or she is to be known with or called. This is the exclusive preserve of the parents and family to decide.

Parents give names to their new infants for many reasons. The common reason is for identify but there is more to that. Names are given to children based on circumstances surrounding the birth of the child. So, in the case of the former president Goodluck Jonathan, his first name Goodluck might have been carefully chosen for some reasons, since his parents were into canoe making. More so, they might have wanted the child to find luck and not just any kind of luck but goodluck in future. If going by his first name, Goodluck, it will be agreed that a child that did not have shoe to go the school had providence smiling on him. I brings to you the three Goodluck

1. The Mystery Around His Name
The is this popular saying among Nigerians that one man’s failure is another man’s success. There are some myths surrounding the name, Goodluck. These myths date back from when he was still in secondary school. It was said that while he was in his final year, he happened to be the assistant head boy of his school. He later became the head boy at the demise of the previous head boy. Then, as the deputy governor of Bayelsa state, providence came smiling on him when his then boss, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha was impeached by the state House. In December 2005, Goodluck Jonathan was sworn in as the governor of Bayelsa state. Again, as the vice president, he was made the acting president through a motion from Nigerian Senate tagged doctrine of necessity, when the president, Yar’Adua was hospitalized in a Saudi Arabian hospital in November, 2009. At the death of late president Umaru Yar’Adua on May 5, 2010, Goodluck Jonathan became the 14th head of state of Nigeria on May 6, 2010.

2. First Elected President From South South
Nigeria is divided into six political zones of North-West, North-East, North-Central, South- West, South-East and South-South for easy political administration and for power sharing. Since Nigeria’s independence in October 1,1960, not a single person from the South- South has been elected president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Even, military head of state eluded the zone during the infamous period of military rule. However, the jinx was broken by Goodluck Jonathan in 2011. Goodluck smiled on Jonathan as he won not just the keenly contested Peoples Democratic Party nomination by beating well established politicians like the former vice president Atiku Abubakar, he went on to win the poll in landline victory against his arch-rival, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari of the defunct, Congress for Progressive Change (CPC). Jonathan polled 22,495,185 (58.89%) while Buhari got 12,214,853 (31.98%). By this victory, Goodluck Jonathan became the first elected president of Nigeria from the South-South zone. There were rumours that some parents at that time named their male children ‘Goodluck’. Perhaps, they wanted providence to also smile on their children’s fortune as it did with Jonathan.

3. Good Luck Smiles On Nigeria Sport Nigerian sport men and women won more laurels in Goodluck Jonathan’s administration. The Super Eagles won Africa Cup of Nation (AFCON) in South Africa. This winning came after 19 years that the country had to wait to achieve this feat. As if that was not enough, the nation U-17 team won FIFA U-17 World Cup in United Arab Emirates. Nigeria had the best performance at the Commonwealth Games and the World Athletic Championship. Team Nigeria at 2012 summer Paralympics, where our men and women athletes did the country proud by winning 6 gold, 5 silver and 3 bronze. This is what one of Nigeria’s finest sport personalities, John Fashanu, said about Jonathan’s sport achievement: “All these happened because he was really a lucky president and most importantly, he created an enabling atmosphere for sports men and women to strive because of the way he normally appreciate them when they return [from major sport competition] .” These are just few of the good luck that shone on the country’s sport during Jonathan’s tenure.

Naij.com Home Page
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by chocolateme(f): 8:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
The thing I observed about him is that he is a gentleman with good heart..
When it comes to the issue of governance, desperate situations attracts desperate measures, you can never please everyone, some toes must be stepped on, you must even go out of your "who you are" to tackle some matters..
This man used his "HUMANE" traits including EMOTIONS to try ruling this nation not knowing that he was dealing mostly with political miscreants. Now see where they landed him, that's why he has to bear the responsibility of every actions and decisions made and caused by his administration.
That aside, he is a good man with the normal flaws which every man has.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by amadice(m): 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2015
chocolateme:
...Na wa o
OP pls let GEJ be, it wont be fair if some APC goons comes here and start insulting a good man..
thanks
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by meimoks(f): 8:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
O
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by chocolateme(f): 8:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
amadice:
...Na wa o
OP pls let GEJ be, it wont be fair if some APC goons comes here and start insulting a good man..
thanks
what's "Na wa o" here, what did I do?
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by chrixus(m): 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
Your point of nigeria's sports receiving goodluck undecided na wao
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by major466(m): 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
God bless GEJ. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by buharisambisada: 9:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
I love GEJ the man radiates a good and positive spirit even his enemies can't deny that.
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
chocolateme:
The thing I observed about him is that he is a gentleman with good heart..
When it comes to the issue of governance, desperate situations attracts desperate measures, you can never please everyone, some toes must be stepped on, you must even go out of your "who you are" to tackle some matters..
This man used his "HUMANE" traits including EMOTIONS to try ruling this nation not knowing that he was dealing mostly with political miscreants. Now see where they landed him, that's why he has to bear the responsibility of every actions and decisions made and caused by his administration.
That aside, he is a good man with the normal flaws which every man has.

He will not bear any responsibility. Abeg use ur head.

1 Like

Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by ba7man(m): 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
Abeg make una carry una mumu GEJ go one side jooor. angry angry angry

Thank GOD he was relegated to Otuoke before he could wreck the country
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by kliq(m): 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
Good luck will be there to comfort him in kirikiri

Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by chocolateme(f): 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2015
chuna1985:

He will not bear any responsibility. Abeg use ur head.
are u insulting me now now? For stating my opinion? Does insults always rush out of your mouth when you open it? What wrong did I do to you? Anyway its one of those things chocolateme encounter on NL on daily basis.
Tnx anyway for your quote and advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
chocolateme:
are u insulting me now now? For stating my opinion? Does insults always rush out of your mouth when you open it? What wrong did I do to you? Anyway its one of those things chocolateme encounter on NL on daily basis.
Tnx anyway for your quote and advice

Seems ur utterances attracts insults.

Why blame gej for everything that happened in his regime, do u even know how powers n responsibilities are shared in a democracy

Wen u know, u will understand.
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by ba7man(m): 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2015
Stealing is not corruption......... how daft comin out to say this as a President.
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by chocolateme(f): 10:53pm On Aug 15, 2015
chuna1985:

Why blame gej for everything that happened in his regime, do u even know how powers n responsibilities are shared in a democracy

and as a man you are, you felt that the mantle of leadership to insult and exchange words with people here if they air their personal view was bestowed on you. Then if so, find your fellow ladies and dig it out with them. Shoes get sizes. Tk
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
@OP abeg make we allow the most democratic African leader to enjoy his retirement.
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by omolami: 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2015
These are the attributes that is getting Buhari crazy and unsettled. I can bet you that 1million Buhari cannot jail GEJ. Buhari can continue to bark. That's for the dogs to do Repeat 1million Buhari cannot jail Gej

1 Like

Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by chocolateme(f): 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
chuna1985:

I think you have a long way to go into charging at anyone that antagonizes your ideologies about certain things in life forgetting that everyone is entitled to their opinions. Hope you know that that is why there are so many political parties in Nigeria.
Tk dear, feel free to insult me more but remember there are others and you have lots of work to do.
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by chocolateme(f): 2:38am On Aug 16, 2015
ba7man:
Abeg make una carry una mumu GEJ go one side jooor. angry angry angry

Thank GOD he was relegated to Otuoke before he could wreck the country
I got your message on quote here on this thread..
I must say i am grateful but to be honest with you, it was never necessary since we don't know each other and has diverse beliefs. Its OK that u removed it though I muched it just to be sure.
WE are OK dear, nothing personal.. speaking of which, I am a psychologist so I understand human behaviour and chooses what should bother me or affect me. To
Meanwhile, @your post: your choice of words are excellent, keep it up.
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:52am On Aug 16, 2015
Ranting of Janja.weeds!
GEJ allowed JEGA to rig him out.
If na me be GEJ..............
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 16, 2015
chocolateme:
and as a man you are, you felt that the mantle of leadership to insult and exchange words with people here if they air their personal view was bestowed on you. Then if so, find your fellow ladies and dig it out with them. Shoes get sizes. Tk

watch ur views n opinions.
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by chocolateme(f): 8:36am On Aug 16, 2015
chuna1985:

watch ur views n opinions.
thanks ma but your advice would be more relevant to Tinubu and Amaechi.
Re: How Goodlucks Smile On Jonthan.. by ba7man(m): 10:28am On Aug 16, 2015
chocolateme:
I got your message on quote here on this thread..
I must say i am grateful but to be honest with you, it was never necessary since we don't know each other and has diverse beliefs. Its OK that u removed it though I muched it just to be sure.
WE are OK dear, nothing personal.. speaking of which, I am a psychologist so I understand human behaviour and chooses what should bother me or affect me. To
Meanwhile, @your post: your choice of words are excellent, keep it up.
smiley smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi / Yorubas learn the National Anthem Of Oduduwa Republic / PHOTOS: Ambode And His Wife Receives One-day Governor And His Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.