Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife (46286 Views)

“ Stop Lying To Nigerians About Pres . Buhari ’s Health ” – Junaid Tells Preside / Buhari Owes Jonathan, Obasanjo, IBB, Gowon, Shagari 10 months Allowances - SR / {BREAKING News}buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
When you get some comprehension message me. Other than that BYEEEE!

mykel20:
First of all I am not from the South West. Secondly fake goods isn't gonna get you guys anywhere, its only going to give you guys a worse name( You already have a bad name).Comparing Igbo's to Taiwan gives a whole new meaning to the word delusional. BTW the South west is the most industrialized part of the country. Do a little research will ya
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by laudate: 9:04am On Sep 02, 2015
PenSniper:
Hear him, “One of the things that I learnt from my leader, President Olusegun Obasanjo is that one must never respond to the ignorant, the uncouth, the uncultured, the unlettered, the unrefined and the accursed.

“He also taught us never to join issues with the embittered, the obsessed, the imbecilic, the foolish, the living-dead and those that are emotionally, psychologically and intellectually challenged.

“Rather than a response, such sad and sorry souls are only deserving of our prayers and our pity.”

I may not be a fan of FFK, but this response from him which you have quoted here, is so apt. Thanks for sharing. undecided
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by laudate: 9:06am On Sep 02, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

FFK and Fayose are welcome to their opinion, but they could not have been said to speak on behalf of their tribe,.and you would notice that their words / actions were condemned by many Yorubas, because their intentions were perceived to be insincere.

This is not about one Igbo man. It is about the fact that through their words and actions, the majority of Igbos have demonstrated that tribe comes before principle or fairness, so much so that they would gladly support someone who almost completely destroyed the nation.

True talk. For folks like them, who value ethnicity above highly rated values, here is a word from other posters:

This first one is a different perspective from an Igbo writer.

Chimamanda Adiche: Ethnicity has become, in Nigeria, more political than cultural, less about philosophy and customs and values, and more about which bank is a Yoruba or Hausa or Igbo bank, which political office is held by which ethnicity, which revered leader must be turned into a flawless saint. We cannot deny ethnicity. It matters. But our ethnic and national identities should not be spoken of as though they were mutually exclusive; I am as much Igbo as I am Nigerian. I have hope in the future of Nigeria, mostly because we have not yet made a real, conscious effort to begin creating a nation (We could start, for example, by not merely teaching Maths and English in primary schools, but also teaching idealism and citizenship.)

For some non-Igbo, confronting facts of the war is uncomfortable, even inconvenient. But we must hear one another’s stories. It is even more imperative for a subject like Biafra which, because of our different experiences, we remember differently. Biafrian minorities were distrusted by the Igbo majority, and some were unfairly attacked, blamed for being saboteurs. Nigerian minorities, particularly in the midwest, suffered at the hands of both Biafrian and Nigerian soldiers.

‘Abandoned property’ cases remain unresolved today in Port Harcourt, a city whose Igbo names were changed after the war, creating “Rumu” from “Umu.” Nigerian soldiers carried out a horrendous massacre in Asaba, murdering the males in a town which is today still alive with painful memories. Some Igbo families are still waiting, half-hoping, that a lost son, a lost daughter, will come home.

All of these stories can sit alongside one another. The Nigerian stage is big enough. Chinua Achebe has told his story. This week, he turns 82. Long may he live.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/arts-entertainment/108378-chinua-achebe-at-82-we-remember-differently-by-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie.html

Here is another submission from someone else in another thread:

GoldenBoi111:
These Niger-Deltans have understood that they can't make any political achievement in Nigeria without the cooperation of other tribes, and wisely began to issue their supports and cooperation to the Buhari led government while the misguided Igbos are still enslaving themselves with baseless sentiments.

Believe it or not, political appointments are catalysed by intelligent lobbying and not unnecessary hatred. No smart politician will appoint his haters to sensitive positions. I will never blame Buhari if he fails to appoint any Igbo to key positions. I am proud of Niger-Deltans and they are already reaping the fruits of their wisdom. Igbos should have a rethink [truncated by WhatsApp]

Solomon Dalong wrote: "Hypocrisy is when you lump diverse regions and peoples as NW, NE, and NC together as 'north' but when it comes to the south, you try to differentiate between SS, SE, and SW. So in this argument, Kachuwku, the NNPC boss is not an Igbo, but a Kilba man appointed as SFG is Hausa-Fulani. This is being clever by half. "https://www.nairaland.com/2569538/chukwuemerie-udochukwu-replies-igbos-buharis

Well said!! Pre-ea-ach it brother, preach!! wink You deserve two plates of 'isi-ewu' and some chilled drinks to go with it. Abeg, someone should serve this guy with the best dishes in the house. All the drinks are on me!! cool
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
thotsofnaij:

Classic foolish person response. You are obviously retarded
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
mykel20:
Classic foolish person response. You are obviously retarded

You obviously have low IQ.
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by PenSniper: 12:12am On Sep 03, 2015
laudate:

I may not be a fan of FFK, but this response from him which you have quoted here, is so apt. Thanks for sharing. undecided

You are welcome.
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 03, 2015
thotsofnaij:

You obviously have low IQ.
Retarded piece of shit. I'm done trying to reason with a dullard like you. You need help. Now stfu BYE
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 03, 2015
I told you that ages ago dummy. In case you missed it the first time seeing how slow you are, here it is again
thotsofnaij:

mykel20:
Retarded piece of shit. I'm done trying to reason with a dullard like you. You need help. Now stfu BYE
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
thotsofnaij:
I told you that ages ago dummy. In case you missed it the first time seeing how slow you are, here it is again

It's like talking to a dog **sigh** , because obviously you lack the capacity to reason. I'm done with u hoe
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 04, 2015
Thought you said that already. Admit it you are one lonely son of a bit*h and you just need someone to talk to. Here's a tip. Get a life undecided

mykel20:
I'm done with u hoe
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 04, 2015
thotsofnaij:
Thought you said that already. Admit it you are one lonely son of a bit*h and you just need someone to talk to. Here's a tip. Get a life undecided

Boring **yawn**
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by omoharry(f): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2015
NAIJASOM:
Today they threaten you to leave then tomorrow they threaten you not to leave. Nigeria is clearly not a real country.

I say okay i will stay and become Nigerian, then you get angry when i as a citizen buy nigerian land, and succeed in business. You tell me to go back to my land.

Then I say OK, I will go back to my land and form my own country where I can be respected as a citizen and human being. Then you get angry at me and call me a traitor and promise me genocide if I go.

What do you people want?
i wonder
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by omoharry(f): 8:48am On Sep 04, 2015
DecemberIV:
Even though Junaid was somewhat brash, all he spoke is the truth.

It is important Ibos are constantly reminded the that they have been undermining our nationhood since independence, and will only be taken seriously once they shun their empty arrogance, irritating self-centeredness, and baseless sense of entitlement in the interest of unity, and fully join hands in our national development.

While regions that produce the bulk of crude oil and agriculture which are the mainstay of our economy unite and stay calm, those that migrate and trade, earning a living from their hosts keep fostering hatred, division and enmity. What other results do they expect?

Nigeria owes Ibos nothing.
I really don't know what you guys want....some Yoruba 's and Hausa/Fulani's comments here are annoying.this is nothing but a show of arrogance over nothing...talking any anyhow without weighing the consequences..they think the war of 1967 is going to be the same modern times...I am not from the south east but i am sick and tired of this nonsense...if you cannot respect the Igbo ethnic tribe as equal citizens of this country then let them go. what is all this rubbish you guys are supporting.. selfish Nigerians..that is why this country will not move forward because of your kind.
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by laudate: 11:25am On Sep 04, 2015
omoharry:
I really don't know what you guys want....some Yoruba 's and Hausa/Fulani's comments here are annoying.this is nothing but a show of arrogance over nothing...talking any anyhow without weighing the consequences..they think the war of 1967 is going to be the same modern times...I am not from the south east but i am sick and tired of this nonsense...if you cannot respect the Igbo ethnic tribe as equal citizens of this country then let them go. what is all this rubbish you guys are supporting.. selfish Nigerians..that is why this country will not move forward because of your kind.

Oh, and the Igbo in this thread are blameless, abi? They do not talk anyhow, in your opinion? According to you, it is other ethnic groups that display a 'show of arrogance.' Na wa, o! So others should respect the Igbo ethnic group, while the igbos are free to continue disrespecting other ethnic groups at will. Is that what you want?? shocked shocked

Or didn't you read the comments of all the Igbo respondents n this thread? And you could not see that their own comments were also annoying? If you can see it, I fit borrow you my contact lens, o! undecided
Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by HomoSapiien: 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
PenSniper:

Fools and imbeciles like you do not appreciate the fact that the Yoruba is an international race as ordained by God unlike ibo that is rather localized.
Hence we have indigenous and native
Yoruba communities in several countries of the world.
Today the president of the republic of Benin is yoruba. How about that, dummy ?
Even if Ilorin and Offa remain in the north in the event of a breakup, it will serve to further internationalize the Yoruba as a race.
A european nation recently made the teaching of yoruba language compulsory in all its schools.
Attempting to taunt the Yoruba with Ilorin and Offa issue falls like a pack of cards in the face of the afore-mentioned.

Haters may hate, as that is their self-ordained passtime, but the Yoruba as a race will continue to mount higher and higher like the eagle while we fly over our enemies, excrate over them and look down on them from our greater heights.

Ibos - the deluded and artificial applicant "Jews" of Nigeria are the very opposite of everything the authentic and natural Jew.
What a pity and what a big shame.
From history, only slaves cry for freedom to let go as the bearfraudians are crying in Nigeria today. So, who actually are the slaves here ?
Hear the great legend, Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo and i quote "he who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a big fool, shun him".
That is a very apt way of describing an average ibo person - fools who pretend to have a monopoly of wisdom, slaves who taunt free and astute and independent thinkers as slaves, cowards that are always the quickest to call others cowards, people who worship money above God, extol mediocrity over excellence, who make crime a national pride under the cloak of business, whose arrogant ego was badly bruised by the Black Scorpion of blessed memory only to eventually went down on their knees and surrendered their battered ego and destiny to another Yoruba man.
What more can one say of fools forever ?

Junaid Mohamed is an idíot.....We'll surely fight to keep Kwara and Kogi.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by PenSniper: 6:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
HomoSapiien:

Junaid Mohamed is an idíot.....We'll surely fight to keep Kwara and Kogi.

We certainly will without a fail but its discourse and strategy we will not make a public issue like the noise-makers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife by Kestolovee95(f): 10:22pm On Mar 12, 2018
SomebodyLovesMe:

While I agree that this is a very sensitive issue, it must be said that Igbo people are constantly shooting themselves in the foot. They do not tell themselves the truth. You seem reasonable enough, but most other Igbos don't.

I watched in amazement in the months leading up to the last elections, how Igbos openly showed and boasted about their 'mass' lack of support for Buhari. They are the only tribe in Nigeria that made so much noise and made it clear that their decision at the polls would be based purely on tribe. How many Yorubas or Hausas did you hear boasting or making threats? Wisdom should tell you that since there is a chance that Buhari might win, you should not burn bridges. You would notice that Hausas never openly opposed GEJ, even though we all know where their loyalties lay.

Unfortunately, most (not all) Igbos are not politically sophisticated. Political sophistication means ensuring that you do not create permanent enemies for yourselves, by being tactful and strategic in your political moves and utterances. e.g. how can you go to another man's land and claim that it's no man's land? That is the height of political stupidity, as such comments simply attract negative reactions and negative attention. I can't think of any other tribe in Nigeria that would be so unwise as to say such things.

There is a quote that says: In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies , but there are permanent interests. Unfortunately, Igbos have created permanent enemies for themselves through their lack of diplomacy, and that is why things are the way they are.

Ewedurudeen mumudullahi,
How marketi with your 'political sophistication' and 'how to vote abokki bigots' lectures? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military / Okorocha Catches Alleged PDP Loyalists With Ballot Boxes In Imo (photos) / Lai Mohammed On Lekki Shootings: DJ Switch Will Be Exposed Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.