Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments (1353 Views)

Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones / IPOB, A Disaster For Biafra, By Chukwuemerie Uduchukwu- Premium Times / The Evil Called Radio Biafra, By Chukwuemerie Uduchukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by GoldenBoi111(m): 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
My Igbo brothers that are killing themselves about the appointments made so far by President Buhari are just funny. Aside the fact that we Igbos shouldn’t expect sensitive appointments from him because many of us hate him without any justifiable reason and no smart politician will give such positions to his ‘enemies’, what did all our brothers that occupied sensitive positions recently achieved for our geopolitical zone? Recall that Igbos recently occupied head positions in Central Bank and Ministry of Finance. Also, an Igbo was recently appointed Secretary to Government of the federation, Minister of power, Minister of Solid Minerals, Head of Due Process unit, Minister of Education, Minister of Aviation, Executive Director of Nigerian Communications Commission, Chief of Army Staff, Inspector General of Police, Senate President, Deputy Senate President and Deputy speaker of house of Representatives. Also recently, an Igbo was appointed the Director General of National Broadcasting Commission. The question is what did all those Igbo appointees achieved for Ndi Igbo? Even Goodluck Jonathan that you foolishly accepted as your brother during his days in Aso Rock achieved nothing for you when he was the President. If appointments can dictate how a region should develop, Southeast would have been a paradise by now because our brothers occupied almost all the sensitive positions recently. Another thing Igbos should understand is that the federal character principle they are quoting as their basis of argument is the greatest enemy of Nigeria especially Igbos. This principle champions the promotion of tribal mindsets instead of meritocracy in Nigeria as Nigerians are always after the state of origin of every federal appointee and prospective candidates for admissions instead of their performance. It is because of same federal character that a provision was made for ‘Education less developed’ states which always make it possible for indigenes of those states to be giving more and cheaper consideration during admissions and recruitment in order to promote equity in line with the federal character. This is Rubbish! Such has caused situations whereby somebody from Anambra or Imo will score average of about 260 in JAMB UTME and POST-UTME but will be denied admission while somebody from states like Zamfara, Ebonyi or Bayelsa will score average of about180 and will be admitted in order to achieve the so called equity in intellectual distribution among all the states in line with same federal character. Same federal character is the reason why instead of criticising the performance ability of appointees, Nigerians especially Igbos will only be interested in their states of origin. Federal character is evil. This is the hour of change and it must be jettisoned! If Nigeria must progress, we must do away with federal character and state of origin provisions and encourage meritocracy and state of residence. I don’t care where appointees come from, all I want is excellent performance. If the wailing Igbos like they should continue hating Buhari while the Niger-Deltans are busy consolidating their region and supporting his government. At last Igbos will remain the wailing loosers. It baffles me the way some of my Igbo brothers are hating Buhari without any justifiable reason. Even the Niger-Deltans that are more closer to the failed government of Goodluck Jonathan always acknowledge that he betrayed them, but the Igbos that are not in any way brothers to the failed President are killing themselves and even their conscience with baseless sentiments. Also, I have expected these misguided Igbos to understand that the Niger-Deltans who they foolishly took as their brothers during the elections are not at any point with them. These Niger-Deltans have understood that they can't make any political achievement in Nigeria without the cooperation of other tribes, and wisely began to issue their supports and cooperation to the Buhari led government while the misguided Igbos are still enslaving themselves with baseless sentiments. Believe it or not, political appointments are catalysed by intelligent lobbying and not unnecessary hatred. No smart politician will appoint his haters to sensitive positions. I will never blame Buhari if he fails to appoint any Igbo to key positions. I am proud of Niger-Deltans and they are already reaping the fruits of their wisdom. Igbos should have a rethink[truncated by WhatsApp]
Solomon Dalong wrote: "Hypocrisy is when you lump diverse regions and peoples as NW, NE, and NC together as 'north' but when it comes to the south, you try to differentiate between SS, SE, and SW. So in this argument, Kachuwku, the NNPC boss is not an Igbo, but a Kilba man appointed as SFG is Hausa-Fulani. This is being clever by half."

9 Likes

Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by mormoni(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
Stew?
Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by ICRMJigawa(m): 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
Whoever is not happy should go and swim in the lagoon

#Change. #CapableHands

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
Yeah! I know there are still honest and mindful Igbos! I just pray the 'political thugs' among 'em don't maim this guy in his sleep before tomorrow's rooster crows !

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by laudate: 10:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
GoldenBoi111:
These Niger-Deltans have understood that they can't make any political achievement in Nigeria without the cooperation of other tribes, and wisely began to issue their supports and cooperation to the Buhari led government while the misguided Igbos are still enslaving themselves with baseless sentiments.

Believe it or not, political appointments are catalysed by intelligent lobbying and not unnecessary hatred. No smart politician will appoint his haters to sensitive positions. I will never blame Buhari if he fails to appoint any Igbo to key positions. I am proud of Niger-Deltans and they are already reaping the fruits of their wisdom. Igbos should have a rethink [truncated by WhatsApp]

Solomon Dalong wrote: "Hypocrisy is when you lump diverse regions and peoples as NW, NE, and NC together as 'north' but when it comes to the south, you try to differentiate between SS, SE, and SW. So in this argument, Kachuwku, the NNPC boss is not an Igbo, but a Kilba man appointed as SFG is Hausa-Fulani. This is being clever by half."

Well said!! Pre-ea-ach it brother, preach!! wink You deserve two plates of 'isi-ewu' and some chilled drinks to go with it. Abeg, someone should serve this guy with the best dishes in the house. All the drinks are on me!! cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by iluvnaija: 10:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
BREAKIING NEWS!!! Following reactions by Nigerians to his latest appointments, and true to his words that he will listen to Nigerians, PMB has decided to make the following appointments to reflect Federal Character:

Chief Cook - Edet Jacob - Cross river State
Chief of Laundry - Eze Okechukwu. Abia State
Chief Mechanic - Asemota Joseph - Edo State
Chief Maiguard - Izonrite Clifford - Bayelsa State
Chief of General Maintenance - Brown Abraham - Rivers State
Chief Driver - Emordi Cletus - Enugu State

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by azimibraun: 11:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
Knock Out.. You just killed it.

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by JAMANZE: 11:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
What i know is that in any good family the father always listen to his children and attends to their needs equally but a bad father (BUHARI) always have favourite and treat the one he hate scornfully but at the end the rejected stone is always the pillar of the house. this rejection from buhari will make us igbos work harder on our own and keep being successful as people. So Mr chukwumemerie we bounced back from Biafran war and we will still come back stronger from this one. Atlesat it is only 2 states out of 5 eastern states that cant pay salaries effectively why almost all the state in the north can not pay salary without borrowing. Atulu awusa

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by phyllosilicate(m): 11:25pm On Sep 01, 2015
JAMANZE:
What i know is that in any good family the father always listen to his children and attends to their needs equally but a bad father (BUHARI) always have favourite and treat the one he hate scornfully but at the end the rejected stone is always the pillar of the house. this rejection from buhari will make us igbos work harder on our own and keep being successful as people. So Mr chukwumemerie we bounced back from Biafran war and we will still come back stronger from this one. Atlesat it is only 2 states out of 5 eastern states that cant pay salaries effectively why almost all the state in the north can not pay salary without borrowing. Atulu awusa
BUHARI NA YOUR PAPA?

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by OtunbaJega: 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
phyllosilicate:
BUHARI NA YOUR PAPA?

I tire for the guy matter ooo
Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 02, 2015
maloo on the lo0se
hez obviously drunk
Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by laudate: 2:50am On Sep 02, 2015
Chimamanda Adichie on Ethnicity:

Chimamanda Adiche: Ethnicity has become, in Nigeria, more political than cultural, less about philosophy and customs and values, and more about which bank is a Yoruba or Hausa or Igbo bank, which political office is held by which ethnicity, which revered leader must be turned into a flawless saint. We cannot deny ethnicity. It matters. But our ethnic and national identities should not be spoken of as though they were mutually exclusive; I am as much Igbo as I am Nigerian. I have hope in the future of Nigeria, mostly because we have not yet made a real, conscious effort to begin creating a nation (We could start, for example, by not merely teaching Maths and English in primary schools, but also teaching idealism and citizenship.)

For some non-Igbo, confronting facts of the war is uncomfortable, even inconvenient. But we must hear one another’s stories. It is even more imperative for a subject like Biafra which, because of our different experiences, we remember differently. Biafrian minorities were distrusted by the Igbo majority, and some were unfairly attacked, blamed for being saboteurs. Nigerian minorities, particularly in the midwest, suffered at the hands of both Biafrian and Nigerian soldiers.

‘Abandoned property’ cases remain unresolved today in Port Harcourt, a city whose Igbo names were changed after the war, creating “Rumu” from “Umu.” Nigerian soldiers carried out a horrendous massacre in Asaba, murdering the males in a town which is today still alive with painful memories. Some Igbo families are still waiting, half-hoping, that a lost son, a lost daughter, will come home.

All of these stories can sit alongside one another. The Nigerian stage is big enough. Chinua Achebe has told his story. This week, he turns 82. Long may he live.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/arts-entertainment/108378-chinua-achebe-at-82-we-remember-differently-by-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by donholy28(m): 3:04am On Sep 02, 2015
Puppets everywhere
Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by fulanimafia: 5:23am On Sep 02, 2015
Words on marble.
Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by ElekeNtioba: 6:02am On Sep 02, 2015
Another yoruba shill posing as Igbo. "....dont care where appointees come from".....why dont u bring northerners to run your state since they are the only competent pple according to Buhari.
Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by LoveMachine(m): 6:53am On Sep 02, 2015
GoldenBoi111:

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by fulanimafia: 6:56am On Sep 02, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
Another yoruba shill posing as Igbo. "....dont care where appointees come from".....why dont u bring northerners to run your state since they are the only competent pple according to Buhari.

Ambode appointed a northerner as commissioner last week, and El-Rufai appointed two Yoruba aides in his administration. All this divisiveness gets us nowhere.
Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by permsec: 7:28am On Sep 02, 2015
iluvnaija:
BREAKIING NEWS!!! Following reactions by Nigerians to his latest appointments, and true to his words that he will listen to Nigerians, PMB has decided to make the following appointments to reflect Federal Character:

Chief Cook - Edet Jacob - Cross river State
Chief of Laundry - Eze Okechukwu. Abia State
Chief Mechanic - Asemota Joseph - Edo State
Chief Maiguard - Izonrite Clifford - Bayelsa State
Chief of General Maintenance - Brown Abraham - Rivers State
Chief Driver - Emordi Cletus - Enugu State
Lmao! walahi u no well. calabar man no fit cook wetin a.boki sabi chop.
Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by sammyj: 7:47am On Sep 02, 2015
Still reading
Re: Chukwuemerie Udochukwu Replies Igbos About Buhari's Appointments by kuuljay(m): 7:54am On Sep 02, 2015
as usual they will call the writer an igbo wannabe.but all what he said is plain truth. hatred and bitterness should be jettisoned by igbos and let's build together.jonah is in the past and baba is the future I wander how you pray for your country every morning but curses it's head

(1) (Reply)

GMB Has Impressed Us With This Singular Move / Chris Ngige May Be Next Minister Of Health / Avsec Trainees Seeking Pmb's Attention To Uncover Faan Employment Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.