Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Let The IBO Leave. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let The IBO Leave. (2805 Views)

Haha Read Ooo!!! Buhari say why Nigeria MUST NOT Let The Igbos Leave This Union / Why Yoruba Says Ibo Leave Niger Delta Alone / Nigeria And IBOPHOBIA - Fear Of The Ibo Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let The IBO Leave. by gnykelly(m): 9:35am On Aug 16, 2015
during the election the IBO made it clear that they do no want Buhari and that he will islamise Nigeria. now that he won the election and they want the best position not necessarily dividend of democracy.

I think we should allow them to leave and Nigeria should withdraw from ECOWAS. we are tired of the everyday noise. I believe the will still flow down to SW and northern Nigeria they will even be willing to convert to Muslims just to trade with the north.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by DaBullIT(m): 9:42am On Aug 16, 2015
They can go , as long as they don't intend to keep Nigeria's crude to themselves

4 Likes

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by ahnie: 9:46am On Aug 16, 2015
**You must be IGBOphobic**

5 Likes

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by chidiokoye444: 9:53am On Aug 16, 2015
DaBullIT:
They can go , as long as they don't intend to keep Nigeria's crude to themselves
i wish all yorubas can agree to support the igbos to live so that they can have peace with their hausa brothers.but i dont think it wil be posible because they are afraid of what the hausa people wil do to them if we the igbos live them behind.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by DaBullIT(m): 10:04am On Aug 16, 2015
chidiokoye444:
i wish all yorubas can agree to support the igbos to live so that they can have peace with their hausa brothers.but i dont think it wil be posible because they are afraid of what the hausa people wil do to them if we the igbos live them behind.

First off , Its leave , not live

secondly , Hausas don't have problems with Yorubas,

Only Igbos do , and that hatred started when your ancestors murdered a man considered a god by hausas

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by kestolove95(m): 10:45am On Aug 16, 2015
Op, I support ur view until I got to wia you talk abt converting to muslim...dat spoiled evritin

2 Likes

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by PassingShot(m): 10:48am On Aug 16, 2015
Is anyone holding them from leaving?

2 Likes

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by gnykelly(m): 11:01am On Aug 16, 2015
ahnie:
**You must be IGBOphobic**

I'm not igbophobic. you can check my previous post. but the noise about Biafra is getting too much. it will divert the attention of the present administration and in turn delay growth.
Re: Let The IBO Leave. by gnykelly(m): 11:05am On Aug 16, 2015
kestolove95:
Op, I support ur view until I got to wia you talk abt converting to muslim...dat spoiled evritin
I don't hate IBO but the noise about Biafra is getting too much and it will be hypocritical to secede and come back to reside in Nigeria territory.

2 Likes

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 16, 2015
No problem. As long as Nigeria leaves Biafra in peace. NIgeria can have their cattle and we have our crude oil

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by drey076(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2015
they should leave jare
I can't wait to see dem needing visa b4 they enter Lagos state. At least d oyel money will be enough to cater for the rest of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by kestolove95(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2015
gnykelly:

I don't hate IBO but the noise about Biafra is getting too much and it will be hypocritical to secede and come back to reside in Nigeria territory.
d iboz are d mistake that nigeria must corrct

3 Likes

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by truefact: 11:34am On Aug 16, 2015
gnykelly:

Why not merge the entire world as one since everybody to other countries... Mind there are nigerians in Benin republic. ...what do you have say about Benin chasing the Nigerian from their country....
Re: Let The IBO Leave. by erikcantona: 11:52am On Aug 16, 2015
DaBullIT:
. So oil is the reason you claim one nigeria ! Thank GOd my people have realized our mistake for betraying our IGBO Brothers who have. Survived and became successful individually after the war with out oil ! Even now there is oil in IMO ANAMBRA coal. IN enugu! You SW are parasites

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by mekadinho(f): 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2015
drey076:
they should leave jare

I can't wait to see dem needing visa b4 they enter Lagos state.
At least d oyel money will be enough to cater for the rest of Nigeria
D oil money? ND oil money? Hahaha...... Is dat why u ppl have been doing anytin possible to convince Niger Delta that Igbos hate them? Hahaha...... Coward, hypocrite. Face ur cocoa oh...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by SOUNDKING: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
mekadinho:

D oil money? ND oil money? Hahaha...... Is dat why u ppl have been doing anytin possible to convince Niger Delta that Igbos hate them? Hahaha...... Coward, hypocrite. Face ur cocoa oh...
even if igbo give them the oil,will laziness allow them explore it?.

1 Like

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by Eshinwaju: 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
I think we should expel these biafraudians....... angry
Re: Let The IBO Leave. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
gnykelly:
during the election the IBO made it clear that they do no want Buhari and that he will islamise Nigeria. now that he won the election and they want the best position not necessarily dividend of democracy.

I think we should allow them to leave and Nigeria should withdraw from ECOWAS. we are tired of the everyday noise. I believe the will still flow down to SW and northern Nigeria they will even be willing to convert to Muslims just to trade with the north.

Biafra causing quick ejaculati.on for Yoruba masturbators since 1877.

2 Likes

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
DaBullIT:

Only Igbos do , and that hatred started when your ancestors murdered a man considered a god by hausas

Child of propaganda and lies, read what the current Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has to tell you about your Yoruba tribe!

YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA - By Sanusi Lamido 
In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.
   * The Yoruba elite and area-boy politics;
    * Igbo marginalisation and the responsible limits of retribution; and
    * The Yoruba Factor and "Area-boy" Politics.
My views on the Yoruba political leadership have been thoroughly articulated in some of my writings, prime among which was " Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. There was also an earlier publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)...
Being Excerpts from A Paper Presented At The “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

Child of hatred who does not appreciate the good in other people, read what your brother, Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe, has for you:

Sincere9gerian:
** Igbos In Lagos State: My Experience, By Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe

Lagos State belongs as much to the ethnic Igbo as to the Yoruba, Ijaw, Hausa, Fulani, Efik, Idoma, Urhobo, Itshekiri, Edo, and so on who live in it, pay tax, identify with it, and settle in it. That compact was made the moment Nigeria became a single nation, and a successor power to the old principalities who were subdued and who ceded their sovereignty for the new commonwealth of Nigeria .
It was pragmatic. The Igbo had the skill and the industry, and Lagos was the seat of the Federal Government of Nigeria and its major port.

The Igbo have lived in Lagos since the 15th century when the Aro and other Igbo first settledin good number in a place we nowcall “Oyingbo” in the era of Benin and the Portuguese trade.

The arrival of Dr. Namdi Azikiwe to Lagos in 1937 from Accra after his studies in the United States, stimulated the political and cultural environment of Lagos as no other has before or after him. Zik literally resurrected the wizard of Kirsten hall from political death. Zik represented Lagos in the western house. The NCNC was the power in Lagos , and not the Action Group. The Igbo were prominent in the governance of Lagos in the Lagos City Hall.

The institutional development of Lagos – the railways, the ports andship yards; the education and research facilities; the Banking and Commodities Exchange, the development of towns like Yaba, Surulere, Ebutta-Metta, Festac Town, Victoria Island, and now increasing the Ajah-Lekki axis, and of course, the ghettoes along the Orile-Badagry axis, have profound Igbo imprimatur.

The circulation of the image of Lagos is to date best reflected in the cosmopolitan Igbo imagination of one of the greatest African writers of the 20th century, Cyprian Ekwensi, a thorough Lagosian if there was any. Igbo have built industries in Lagos and have been drivers of commerce and exchange.

Interestingly, I was born at plot number 8, Okoya Street , Idumagbo- Lagos, while the Ojukwu families were residing at number one to three on the same street. I grew up to know the father of Odumegwu Ojukwu. Chimbizie and Azuka grew up withus on the same street. Even the Chibeze small parking space at the end of Okoya Street is called Ojukwu. I later attended St. Patrick Primary School , Idumagbo, where I had very amiable classmates of Igbo origin in the persons of Azubike Ezenwa and Damian, Ihekuna, both now professors and doctors of today. They were brilliant, resourceful and friendly.

When we were playing bamboo and Tene Felele at Orikoriko at Onola playing ground, the Igbo participated actively. In the area of sports, school football and athletes, Igbo were dominant at Kings College, St. Gregory school, St. Finbars, Akoka, Igbobi College and Ahmadiyya College, Agege. Such boys, Njokwu, George Amu, Stephen Keshi, Henry Nwosu, Patrick Noquapor, Peter Anieke and Sammy Opone were dominant on the field of football, while Asiodu, Empire Kanu were prominent on the field of athletics.

Anytime we went to watch football match at Onikan stadium, my darling team, Stationery Stores and our adversary team I hated most was the E. C. N, where the centre forward, Paul Hamilton, the National Team, Fabian the captain who bit the dust. Our greatest captain was Duru, Oduah Onyenrekwa, Onyeador Onyeali and Opel, the greatest outside right Nigeria ever had, Cyril Azuluka.

So, during my early life at primary school, the Igbo were always there and delightful to watch, both in athletes and on the football field.

When I listened to radio at that time, both the commentary and drama series, the Igbo were there for you. The likes of Chris Ndaguba, Ernest Okwonkwo, Ralph Okpara ‘Alawo Sekiseki the traveler’. The episode will end with – The script was written by Ralph Okpara and edited by Yemi Lijadu.

Anytime I visited where I was born today in Idumagbo at Lagos Island, the entire place is covered by Igbo traders in their thousands. They were never troublesome but decent and accommodating. They have virtually taken over all properties of the indigenes. They succeeded in developing all our properties, married to most of our children even from the royal families. There is no single house you will visit without an Igbo man selling wares there.

So, who is saying something else? Only the strangers in our midst will not notice participation of economic development in our state by the Igbos. Most houses and shops in Lagos Island have been purchased, developed and occupied by the Igbos. The value of their investments in Lagos Island alone is in trillions of naira.

Instead of deporting the Igbos, whose contributions to the development of Lagos state are immensurable, you must keep on praising and encouraging them to keep on developing Lagos State.

•Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe is a former Nigerian minister for Works and Housing.

http://premiumtimesng.com/opinion/143249-igbos-in-lagos-state-my-experience-by-senator-adeseye-ogunlewe.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

While I agree that this is a very sensitive issue, it must be said that Igbo people are constantly shooting themselves in the foot. They do not tell themselves the truth. You seem reasonable enough, but most other Igbos don't.

I watched in amazement in the months leading up to the last elections, how Igbos openly showed and boasted about their 'mass' lack of support for Buhari. They are the only tribe in Nigeria that made so much noise and made it clear that their decision at the polls would be based purely on tribe. How many Yorubas or Hausas did you hear boasting or making threats? Wisdom should tell you that since there is a chance that Buhari might win, you should not burn bridges. You would notice that Hausas never openly opposed GEJ, even though we all know where their loyalties lay.

Unfortunately, most (not all) Igbos are not politically sophisticated. Political sophistication means ensuring that you do not create permanent enemies for yourselves, by being tactful and strategic in your political moves and utterances. e.g. how can you go to another man's land and claim that it's no man's land? That is the height of political stupidity, as such comments simply attract negative reactions and negative attention. I can't think of any other tribe in Nigeria that would be so unwise as to say such things.

There is a quote that says: In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies , but there are permanent interests. Unfortunately, Igbos have created permanent enemies for themselves through their lack of diplomacy, and that is why things are the way they are.

A lie may travel for a thousand miles, but it takes just one step of truth to catch up with it. ..

How are 'Igbo people constantly shooting themselves in the foot?'
When was it, that the Igbos are the only tribe in Nigeria that made so much noise and made it clear that their decision at the polls would be based purely on tribe?
Where and when did the Igbos boast or made threats during the last elections? 
How are the Igbos burning bridges?

How have Igbos created permanent enemies for themselves through their lack of diplomacy? Can you mention the Igbos involved?

Which media did Igbos use to make noise, stating that their votes in the polls would be based purely on tribe - Punch, PremiumTimes, Leadership, Osundefender, TheNation, LindaIkeji, TVC SaharaReporters or which one

How dare you falsely state that Hausas never openly opposed GEJ. 

Haba! What sort of lies are these? It is only people with dead consciences that fabricate wicked lies and distort history to achieve some undue advantages over others which are bound to boomerang. This is how these unrepentant hypocrites and treasury looters want us to continue in this false union.

Where is your verifiable proof for your assertions? Something is not factually true just because you said wrote it. What you just stated are simply your biased opinion. But it doesn't make them facts. 

Have a look at some past news via these links where Yorubas made so much noise in the media before 2015 general elections:

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/03/demurens-sack-fasehun-others-cry-yoruba-marginalisation/

http://thestreetjournal.org/2013/03/yorubas-in-europe-decry-jonathans-marginalization-of-the-south-west/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/now-were-the-marginalised-yoruba-elders/

http://www.naij.com/334439-jonathans-attempt-to-persuade-yoruba-too-late-afenifere.html

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/tunde-fagbenle/ugly-signs-of-yoruba-marginalisation.html

http://ketekete.com/why-yoruba-will-never-support-goodluck-jonathan-in-2015/

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=145688

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tambuwal-elected-house-of-representatives-speaker/92761/

https://ogala./2011/06/06/aminu-tambuwal-elected-speaker-against-pdps-wish/

The reasoning of the bigot who assembled the lies above is not only terrible but despicable. 
Many Yorubas are noise makers and become rattled when confronted with the truth. Many a time you do not know what  Yorubas stand for. 

What do you call 'political sophistication'? Peddling lies and propaganda in every available media in order to tarnish and paint other people black so as to make some undue political gains that are bound to boomerang? 

[b]It's basically in Yorubaland that a man like Tinubu who embezzled Lagos State would call the shots and Yorubas would still sheepishly prostrate before him and follow him and his candidate blindly. Many Yorubas sheepishly follow criminals like they have no sense.

As big as Rochas Okorocha is, he was not sure of winning a second term as a governor of Imo State because his people were not satisfied with him. In Ebonyi State, the governor's candidates failed woefully. That's the Igbos for you. Nobody can hold Igbos down for too long; they will rise up against such political leader.
It's in Yoruba land that one person would perpetually control the people's resources and they will sheepishly follow him. If it were in the South East, Akinwumi Ambode will deny Tinubu publicly to stand a chance of winning the gubernatorial election just like Ikpeazu, Abia State PDP candidate, denied TA Orji to win some votes.

Igbo people believe no man was born to perpetually lord it over them.  

Observe that most of the people talked carelessly if not stupidly as regards 2015 elections, both in the ruling party and the opposition were Yorubas. Many  took things overboard,  threatening fire and brimstone - from Obj, Tinubu, Okupe, FFK, Lai Muhammed, Fayose, Fashola etc.

Even Yoruba people who cannot handle their families and fence-climbing thugs with no respect for the law or law enforcement called president GEJ unprintable names.

These unrepentant thieves, prostitutes and murderers of yesterday have used their giant loots to attempt to grow legitimacy and to corner the "highest-bidder-gains-it -all" political process.
They seem to feel they are born kings and queens and that attention is owed them. They do not consider anyone else's nature, but bulldoze over other people with self-righteous arrogance and supposed 'sophistication'.

For the records, Igbos supported Tinubu, and Fashola as governors of Lagos State for 16 years! That was why an Igbo man, Ben Akabueze, has been a major cabinet member in Lagos for both Tinubu and Fashola.[/b]

Facts are sacred...
Yoruba have proven beyond reasonable doubt to be chief tribalists in Nigeria and can NEVER vote anybody outside their tribe in elections. Otherwise can you compare Obasanjo’s 4 years and Jonathan's 4 years Yet Yorubas supported Obasanjo for 2nd term notwithstanding Buhari was contesting in 2003.

Yoruba has been voting along tribal line since independence (facts are sacred). Quit denigrating other tribes especially Igbos to cover your lies and ethnic bias.
The South-West zone had 14,296,163 registered voters, which represented 19.44% of the total number of voters nationwide. In terms of national electoral strength, the zone was number 2. Taking into account the electoral behaviour of the South-West since independence, the zone has proven itself, without exception, of incapable of voting anyone other than its own

In the 1st Republic, it voted mainly Action Group in favour of Chief Obafemi Awolowo with about 69% voters’ turnout.

In the 2nd Republic, it voted 78.75% of its total votes cast for UPN in favour of Chief Awolowo, with 70% voters’ turnout. 

In the June 12, 1993 presidential election, the pattern was repeated more or less the same, except that the total percentage of SDP’s votes in favour of Chief MKO Abiola rose up to 84.5% in the zone. 

In the 1999 presidential election, mainly because the only two candidates for the presidency were both from the South-West, the zone’s voters’ turnout was abysmally low (48.09%) with about 68% of the votes cast to APP in favour of Chief Olu Falaye. 2003 also recorded poor voters’ turnout with 71% of votes cast for Obasanjo’s PDP. 

In 2011, with no South-Western candidate fielded by any of the major parties, the South-West voted PDP when a functional alliance with the CPC failed to field in Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu or his nominee. Besides, with the vicious experience of Alliance for Democracy in 2003 when the PDP Federal Government uprooted AD government in five states of the zone, the South-West could not afford to risk having an opposition PDP government at the Federal level again; certainly not after the hard pains and toils of forming the APC. It is therefore existential for the South-West to vote APC at the presidential election.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/politics/50349-2015-presidential-election-how-and-why-pdp-will-lose

For many decades now, how did Hausa-Fulani build bridges with the frequent killings and destruction of lives, properties and places of Christian worships, not to mention the Boko-Haram insurgents who are not only threatening the existence of the country but maim and kill peasants farmers and villagers on a regular basis? But they now have the presidency while the Yorubas vice-presidency! What a misnomer!

Almost throughout GEJ regime Hausa-Fulanis and some traitors in the South West were preaching hate messages in the North and in the South West.
These unrepentant prophets of doom devised every crook tactics (falsehood, media propaganda, threats, sponsored Boko-Haram insurgency still rearing its ugly head, blood shed etc.) and they still believe that Nigeria can subsist.

And what would you say of the North where Jonathan carried out most of his developmental projects at the expense of his Ijaw people and yet the greedy tribalists colluded with Yorubas and voted against him? Or the Yorubas who voted against Jonathan because Buhari's vice, Osinbajo, is a Yoruba man?
The last time I checked Jonathan is not an Igbo man. Many Igbos voted voted for Jonathan because treachery and betrayal is not in their DNA unlike the Yorubas and their co-travellers.
Many disgruntled Yorubas called GEJ many unprintable news - clueless, weak, visionless and impotent - online and offline simply because he is not from the born-to-rule tribes. There cannot be peace in a country where some people regard others as second-class citizens even in their own fathers' land that's feeding the country.

Many of these tribalists and hypocrites were in government and nothing worked. They fleeced our commonwealth and there was no transparency. Now these sets of hypocrites have begun another round of propaganda and deceit against Igbos - their nightmares!.

If Yorubas are accommodating and friendly, why have Yorubas persistently bred and used miscreants to distort money and distrupt the businesses of law-abiding citizens in Lagos? Why would any Yoruba person dare utter such word like 'accommodating' other people in Lagos - a city developed with crude oil money and by the communal efforts of every tribe in Nigeria for close to a century; as if Yorubas feed other people and give out lands for free? 

If Yorubas didn't want any Igbo man to own a part of their land, why did they sell their lands to them in the first place? Why should thecYoruba man collect over N300 million from an Igbo man just to sell a plot of land to him in Ikoyi; collect taxes and other tenement rates from Igbo man and yet, they will not want him to claim rights of a landlord? Did any Igbo man stop you from buying properties, lands and other assets in Igboland and laying claims as a landlord? 
When did Orji Uzor Kalu's outburst that Lagos is a no man's land represent the opinion of over 70 million Ndigbo. Yorubas are aborigines in Lagos state. But if they decide to sell their fathers' properties to an Igbo man and collect his hard earned money and come back later to trespass, they should be jailed! Did anybody compel Yorubas to sell Igbos lands? Enough of this ethnic bigotry.

Asiwaju conducted census in Lagos state and told us that the Igbos are 45% of Lagos population, Yorubas are 47% and others make up the other number.
The Igbos are not daft or cowards to be threatened to vote for a particular candidate in Lagos 2015 gubernatorial election. It is so pathetic for Oba Rilwanu Akiolu to do so!

Between the Igbos and Yorubas, which of them constantly display insensitivity, crass disrespect, mindlessness arrogance and continued to insult the dignity and sensibility of other people using their numerous media outfits to heat up the polity, creating enmity and problems in the country and still foolishly think they are the 'sophisticated' tribe? The Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi had already exposed such wicked lies in his paper titled 'YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA'.

Igbo people are no betrayers and don't harbour traitors, chronic, perennial, perpetual, pathological liars! 

Igbos have been killed in the North since 1940s, long before independence. They have continued to be killed in the North up till present. Nzeogwu's coup only provided a pretext for the North supported by the treacherous West to embark upon their favorite past time. Ojukwu defended Igbos from ethnic cleansing. Igbos survived the war because they are very resilient.

Yorubas and their co-travellers accuse Igbos of being greedy. That Igbo's love for money is insatiable, while every other Nigerian groups hate money! Abacha, Gowon, Obj, IBB, Danjuma, Abiola, etc, heartless men who looted the Nigerian treasury dry, is any of them Igbo?

If there is any one tribe in the world that values and protects the stranger that tribe is Igbo. Igbos permeate almost every nook and cranny of the country, peacefully and immensely contributing their quota to the economic advancement of the locals and the country at large. I am yet to read Igbos on rampage causing havoc and fighting their 'host'. Igbos network with their 'host', build business empires and some of them even get married to their 'host', all for peaceful co-existence and building bridges. Is that tantamount to stupidity, creating permanent enemies,  preaching hate, not being tactful   and not building bridges?

Is there any tribe that exhibits such 'Nigerianess' than the Igbos? Can the greedy tribalists boast of this? NO!

But what do the Igbos get in return for this patriotic display of One Nigeria - threats and destruction of their lives and properties by the so called 'host'? Igbos are being harassed, molested and their legal businesses distrupted on regular basis by the 'host' and its government. 

Oba Rilwanu Akiolu of Lagos even went as far as threatening to drown Igbos in the Lagoon if they did not vote for his candidate in the last 2015 election. And a good number of Yorubas hailed and supported their Oba for the bold step - Dr Ariyo, Kunle Afolayan etc.!

YORUBA LEADERS SOWED THE SEED OF TRIBALISM AND RUINED NIGERIAN ECONOMY
Many of the achievements of the Yoruba tribe is largely due to the fact that they have been unjustly favoured by the lopsided arrangement in the polity. That's why a great number of Yorubas would prefer the status quo to remain. A number of Yorubas have used the unjust system to their advantage, looting the treasury with reckless abandon. Yoruba leaders wrecked this country and brought her to the present miserable state! 

When a couple of distinguished past nationals like Nnamidi Azikiwe did their best to promote national patriotism even to the disadvantages of their own people, the likes Obafemi Awolowo used their positions to entrench hatred, bitterness, tribalism, nepotism and religious bias in the polity for their selfish gains. The latter are still being held in high esteem by their tribesmen, and they even use any means to shove it down the throats of other people.

Informed people are not deceived by Yoruba usual shouting, crying, weeping, wailing, yelling, cursing and making much noise on every available media. This a tribe that is after all well known for being loose cannons. Uncouth, uncivilised and disrespectful set of people who made a career out of abuse and slurs.
If there is any southern tribe that have gained much from this fraudulent union, it is the Yoruba tribe! 
Yoruba tribe have only flourished at the expense of others courtesy of the unjust system! 

In saner climes many Yoruba leaders should have been behind bars spending the rest of their miserable lives for the great looting of our commonwealth.

Inspite of the crass looting of the treasury by many Yorubas, Yoruba land still remains one of the illiteracy and poverty stricken regions in Nigeria! Yoruba achievements have not in any way given her people a better welfare than the Igbos.
Whichever way the loudmouthed tribalists turn, one is certain - they must be made to eat their words! 

The bottom line remains that guilty conscience is the problem of many Yorubas which has practically beclouded their sense of judgement. They taunt the Igbo with images of the Biafran war. They brag to these victims of their genocidal exploits in the war; how Adekunle murdered innocent youths in their prime and how their god Awolowo used starvation policies to create kwashiorkor-ridden children. And they think these things don't irk the common Igbo youth. 

The Igbos have done much and achieved much for themselves and Nigeria. Whatever negative impression you get from any quarter is as result of envy - the pull-him-down syndrome. But that has not deterred Igbos from waxing stronger and excelling in almost every socio-economic index.

In the light of this, it is very unjust to accuse Igbos of not being tactful and strategic or not building bridges just because they seek a legal way of determining their destiny. Stating that Igbos are not building bridges or not reasonable is all hogwash and amounts to nothingness. 

'One Nigeria' seems to be just for self benefit - anybody or tribe who is benefiting from it, be it in civil service, politics and business through monopoly, backed by evil structures put in place by past leaders will not agree that Nigeria should be restructured or otherwise. So many lives have been sacrificed and are still being sacrificed to keep Nigeria one at the expense of some people. Rather than challenge the gross inequality and injustice (quota system, false census figure, lopsided local government areas) in thepolity these tribalists still consider it right to fabricate and spread malicious messages to score political points that are bound to boomerang. 

Igbos may go through pains in the beginning, but majority are resolute fighters and never quitters. They are very confident of overcoming like they did after the Biafran war. 

Whatever Igbos may be going through now is part of the struggle. Freedom isn't given, it's taken. Definitely,  there is no pain, no gain.

The typical Igbo man is civil and values the sanctity of life.  

No matter how hard these evil men try to cover up and silence the truth; truth is stubborn and she cannot be drowned. She is like a pack of straws that are held together and pinned down by a strong hand at the bottom of a river so that she should not be seen or heard. Yet one day, in the fullness of time, that strong hand that seeks to suppress her forever shall wither and dry up. At that point Lady Truth will happily float to the top of the water where she will be seen and heard by all. It is in the same way that one day, in the fullness of time, the pernicious and perfidious verdict...that the powers that be have claimed....will be exposed for what they are.

1 Like

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by mensdept: 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
"Let the Igbo go". LOL. This is what they say now, but when the time comes they will remember they need the East to rent out their rooms to Easterners and the oil from the East

1 Like

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
gnykelly:

[size=17pt]Someone described your mental illness as "Igbophobic Obsessive Compulsive Syndrome"[/size]

1 Like

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by ArodewilliamsT: 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
DaBullIT:

Was Killing of that 'god' done in 1945, when the Igbo Christians were first killed, at least on record. You see why i hate hypocritical yorubas. I'm sure these hyprocrisy and lies is what hateful yoruba pastors like Oyedepo, TB joshua, Kumuyi, Bakare and co tell their yoruba brothers when their id.oitic Igbo followers are not listening. That's why the fall of yoruba churches in Nigeria is imminent. The campaign has just started.
Re: Let The IBO Leave. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
kestolove95:
d iboz are d mistake that nigeria must corrct
"Nigeria" is the mistake that Nigerians must correct

1 Like

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by DaBullIT(m): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Was Killing of that 'god' done in 1945, when the Igbo Christians were first killed, at least on record. You see why i hate hypocritical yorubas. I'm sure these hyprocrisy and lies is what hateful yoruba pastors like Oyedepo, TB joshua, Kumuyi, Bakare and co tell their yoruba brothers when their id.oitic Igbo followers are not listening. That's why the fall of yoruba churches in Nigeria is imminent. The campaign has just started.

Thank you for boosting my point, Hausas and Igbos never liked each other , and the 1945 riot in jos was caused by your ancestors, not the northerners sorry ehn, there's a little i can do for you from here

1 Like

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by Candyrain(m): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
DaBullIT:

Nigeria's crude? So that's what is most important to you. If Nigeria should split all you'll miss is the crude oil, right? Kai!!! Smh
Re: Let The IBO Leave. by DaBullIT(m): 9:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
Get some sense, enough of your copy copy , whatever Sanusi Lamido said was said out of context and he has since issued an apology , Besides that even if he chose not to apologize , the world , the people are apologizing on his behalf

The sweetest part is that he took a swipe at yoruba nation, and being the oldest and most mature, we did not go to war with the northerners because of one person's indiscretion , As i said the problems has always been between Hausa and Igbo , don't drag yorubas into your dirty selfish agenda
xtrorse:

1 Like

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by DaBullIT(m): 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
erikcantona:
. So oil is the reason you claim one nigeria ! Thank GOd my people have realized our mistake for betraying our IGBO Brothers who have. Survived and became successful individually after the war with out oil ! Even now there is oil in IMO ANAMBRA coal. IN enugu! You SW are parasites

Stop crying , Your oil is not useful anymore it's as cheap as a biatch's arse , so its not a problem leaving it to you , however since you have benefitted handsomely from the proceeds of the joint sales of crude, your houses and roads and stuffs , then you should pay back those things , i wonder what you will do when the oil wells run dry abi you have not heard? Crude actually dries up

3 Likes

Re: Let The IBO Leave. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
DaBullIT:
Get some sense, enough of your copy copy , whatever Sanusi Lamido said was said out of context and he has since issued an apology , Besides that even if he chose not to apologize , the world , the people are apologizing on his behalf

The sweetest part is that he took a swipe at yoruba nation, and being the oldest and most mature, we did not go to war with the northerners because of one person's indiscretion , As i said the problems has always been between Hausa and Igbo , don't drag yorubas into your dirty selfish agenda

Story for the gods! Tell your fairy tales to the dogs...
Re: Let The IBO Leave. by ArodewilliamsT: 6:20am On Aug 17, 2015
DaBullIT:

Thank you for boosting my point, Hausas and Igbos never liked each other , and the 1945 riot in jos was caused by your ancestors, not the northerners sorry ehn, there's a little i can do for you from here

You are a yoruba and slave for the fulanis, even when they rape your mothers in kwara and Osun, they are innocent. It is your destiny as a slave to defend your masters actions. Why am i not surprised?
Re: Let The IBO Leave. by NDPVF(m): 7:41am On Aug 17, 2015
[s]
DaBullIT:
[/s]Th,under f!re that your parasitic ewedu smelling mouth you use and shout 'hoyel'.What is Nigeria,and where is Nigerian oil located?.shameless parasite.
Re: Let The IBO Leave. by NDPVF(m): 7:44am On Aug 17, 2015
[s]
PassingShot:
Is anyone holding them from leaving?
[/s]SHUUT THAT EWEDU MOUTH.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 20 Countries With The Highest Military Power, In Africa / The Sad Reality And Hypocricy Of Our Brothers From The Other Side Of The Divide / Dangers Of Socialism.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.