Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? (519 Views)

Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by upperman: 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
A pastor friend of mine told me something dat got my head spinning.He said the general overseer of his church had called for a meeting with all branch pastors. As always, a lot was discussed.What really steered the tide was when the Bishop decided to test the sagasity of his pastors by asking them what their thoughts were regarding the report he got about a pastor who was alleged to have committed sodomy with a ten year old.some of them suggested he should be arrested by the police while others opined that a deliverance session be conducted for him and thereafter he be suspended or even expelled from the ministry.
After all the religious imbroglio at the meeting, the Bishop asked a simple question."We are all in the presence of the Lord and you dare not lie to Him,please raise your hand if you have not slept with another woman since the day you were ordained as a pastor in this ministry".Much to my friend's bewilderment only one man of all the thirty something pastors was bold enough to raise his hand.To cut a long story, the Bishop,after tongue-lashing the pastors for being so hypocritical told them he would investigate and afterwards take a decision.
Fellow NLders,from what we seen so far,is it true according to one evangelist,that Jesus has not returned to earth because there are no righteous people to take back to heaven?
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by christinie(f): 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
The fact that they have cheated on their wives before doesn't mean they might not be righteous presently.
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by ArchEnemy(m): 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
There are
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by babyfaceafrica: 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
christinie:
The fact that they have cheated on their wives before doesn't mean they might not be righteous presently.
what happened to do wht you preach?
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by babyfaceafrica: 1:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
@op..no man or pastor is perfect..that is why we should stop been guillible...if your pstor sys something..check it out in the bible before agreeing and doing it...not all men of God act as dey preach!!
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by jcross19: 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
Na wah ooh. Even one man of God told me that out of 100percent of what he preaches but he can only performs 40%, I look at him I was shocked. Back to the op what you wrote up there can be find in john 8 vs 1 to 12. Hypocrites everywhere.
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by christinie(f): 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
what happened to do wht you preach?
you don't seem to understand me. Nobody is beyond temptation, but if they repent of their sins and never go back to it they will be forgiven. Eg Peter after the betrayal of jesus Christ.

(1) (Reply)

Beijing 2015 IAAF - No Muslim Women Medals / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (tue. Sep. 1st 2015) - TOLERATING DEMONS? / Master Code System – Science Of Getting Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.