Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,850 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:21 PM

Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (pics) (1031 Views)

Rivers State Government Grants Amnesty To Cultists And Kidnappers (Photos) / Nigerian Government Grants Visa To 'ISIS Emir' A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric / Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir’, A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (pics) by mrjangaweed: 10:27am On Aug 17, 2015
A radical Muslim cleric, Ahmad al-Assir has been arrested by Lebanese authorities as he attempted to leave Lebanon to Nigeria via Cairo.

Assir was apprehended while attempting to travel with a fake Palestinian passport and a valid Nigerian visa at the Beirut’s Rafik Hariri International Airport early Saturday, August 15, 2015 in Lebanon, according to a statement released by General Security.

Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency reports that Assir, who was travelling with another man, was holding a fake passport in the name of Rami Abdul Rahman Taleb, while his companion was holding a passport in the name of Khaled Sidani. The driver who drove Assir to the airport in a Mercedes Benz was later arrested.

ALSO READ: Break Down Of Boko Haram’s Killing Spree Since Buhari Assumed Office (DETAILS)

Unconfirmed reports said Assir had shaved off his beard and undergone facial surgery. An unverified photo has been circulating in the Lebanese media purporting to show Assir without his signature bread, and it appears that he has had plastic surgery.

Sheikh Assir has been on the run for two years. He was declared wanted in Lebanon in 2013 when his followers clashed with the Lebanese army killing at least 18 soldiers.

The radical cleric was relatively unknown prior to the outbreak of the Syrian war in 2011. But, he quickly gained notoriety as a “a self-proclaimed defender of Sunni rights” due to his fiery anti-Hezbollah rhetoric. Hezbollah is Lebanon’s Shia movement which backs Syria’s President Assad. He had been recruiting his followers to join the Islamic State terrorist group (ISIS) in Syria fighting against Assad’s government.

Violence broke out in 2013 when one of Assir’s men was caught with unlicensed weapons in his car at a military checkpoint in Sidon, south of Beirut. In reaction, Assir’s followers opened fire on the soldiers manning the checkpoint sparking a two-day battle between his militants and the army.

According to reports, machine guns and rockets were used on the Lebanese troops by Assir’s men in fierce fighting which ended with at least 18 soldiers and 40 militants dead. Heavy weapons and military-style uniforms were discovered in Assir’s compound.

Assir is regarded as media savvy and is known for his publicity stunts.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/nigerian-government-grants-visa-to-isis-emir-a-fugitive-lebanese-cleric-pictured/
Re: Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (pics) by pembisco(m): 10:29am On Aug 17, 2015
IslamaBAD

it's Lady F................Never
Re: Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (pics) by madridguy(m): 10:30am On Aug 17, 2015
MISLEADING TITLE BY THE FRONT PAGE HUNGRY OP. I THINK THE SSS NEED TO GET YOU FOR INTERVIEW.
Re: Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (pics) by mrjangaweed: 10:37am On Aug 17, 2015
madridguy:
MISLEADING TITLE BY THE FRONT PAGE HUNGRY OP. I THINK THE SSS NEED TO GET YOU FOR INTERVIEW.

Thunder gbagbuo nna i

grin

Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai
Re: Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (pics) by madridguy(m): 10:42am On Aug 17, 2015
With your moniker I understand your problem. I urge you to get a bed close to Majek Fashek.

mrjangaweed:

Thunder gbagbuo nna i

grin

Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai
Re: Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (pics) by mrjangaweed: 10:44am On Aug 17, 2015
madridguy:
With your moniker I understand your problem. I urge you to get a bed close to Majek Fashek.

Nope your Hopless father should do so grin
Re: Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (pics) by boboLIL(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2015
ISLAMABAD......see. The extent he went just to kill people... Nawa oh
Re: Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (pics) by madridguy(m): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2015
The MODERATOR will do the judgment.

mrjangaweed:

Re: Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (pics) by mrjangaweed: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2015
madridguy:
The MODERATOR will do the judgment.

Sharap there you Hopless product of dog's sperm
Re: Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (pics) by dustmalik: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
Thetrentonline is a known PDP Propaganda media outlet. You might, as well, keep your news to yourself and your fellow saTANoids.
Re: Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric (pics) by ionsman: 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
mrjangaweed:

You people are so dense. You start exchanging words with someone and the next thing is to insult the person's parent. Deviate from this attitude.

(1) (Reply)

What Hope For The Nigerian Graduates? Meet The Street Cleaner With Four Degrees. / Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode / Merkel Finally Grows Sense; Slams Doors On Arab Invaders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.