Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,600 members, 7,770,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:47 AM

Why Can't We Discuss Marriage On The First Date?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Can't We Discuss Marriage On The First Date?? (891 Views)

A Lady's Reply To A Guy Who Asked For Her Hand In Marriage On WhatsApp / Ladies Who Had Sex On First Date With Men They Met Share Their Success Stories / Nigerian Lady Ready For Marriage On Twitter (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't We Discuss Marriage On The First Date?? by opustjk: 10:39am On Aug 17, 2015
I just want to get married. I'm tired of all these Nigerian "MAN-CHELORS" who don't want to get married?
I mean, when will they grow up and start acting like Men? All they have are excuses(like I don't have enough already)

"I haven't made enough money.......We're still getting to know each other"blah blah blah!!
I'm sick of it!!
Imagine that foolish Abdul.Telling me we should get to know each other better.
Nonsense!

On our first date I asked him if he wanted to get married, the idiot stared at me in shock and said;
"Haba!! We've barely known each other for up to 72 hours"
Can you Imagine the rubbish
How long are you supposed to know someone before you can marry them?

"Dem Dey know Person finish?" Why are Nigerian men such cowards?

A real man should be able to tell when he sees his wife.After all, isn't that how Uncle Abiye got married? When he met Aunty Chinyere he said he knew she was the one from day ONE.
He proposed to her almost a week later. That's a real man!!!!

How can Abdul say I am wrong to discuss marriage on the first date?Please,....... there's nothing there ABEG.
If a man is serious about you he will tell you from the first date.I need a man that can do that.I need a man that will look at me at first sight and say;"You are my wife!!!"

I'm tired of all these Immature-Stingy-Unromantic-Sex-Addicts in Nigeria.
My best-friend Joan thinks I'm crazy. She thinks its wrong to demand for marriage the way I do (especially on a first date).

"Eno, haven't you scared off enough men?" Joan asked her while they were shopping last Thursday.

'Let them run na" I told her "A real man would stay!!"

To be honest, I don't see any wrong in what I do.Yes I know I've ended a lot of relationships ABRUPTLY but its better than deceiving myself.

I know what I want.
I want to get married.Any man that can't discuss marriage with me within the first three days of meeting me is wasting my time.Period!!!

I mean like what are we waiting for? Do we have to date for half a millennium before you propose?

Okay then if its inappropriate to discuss marriage on a first date, then WHEN can we discuss it?

Men keep making up excuses to keep us in their beds when they want.They use us as prostitutes and maids but God forbid we should ask if they'll marry us.LIE LIE!!!!
When we do that we are called "Old, Desperate,.....pathetic".

I am simply tired of being the victim. I've been in a 5 year relationship that ended because he found a younger girl to marry

What did I get for."....... being Patient or ...reasonable?" Excuses excuses excuses!

What's wrong with all these men? How long should I wait for you to make money? or get to know me?

I just don't want to be lonely any more. I don't want to be afraid anymore.
Are there no men out there who want to settle down?

I know a lot of people think I'm desperate for marriage......crazy even but I'm I wrong just because I want to be married ?

I will keep on discussing marriage with men on the first date.Any man that can't deal with that should go.

www.opustjkwrites.com
Re: Why Can't We Discuss Marriage On The First Date?? by jbcul4ril(m): 11:42am On Aug 17, 2015
Who said is wrong? The first day i took my wife out for lunch i told her everything about myself including my past. I proposed 2weeks after we met and got married 3months later after intensive counseling in Living Faith . We are married happily married with a kid.
I have realized that you cannot study or know your partner totally even after years. Its a gradual process and that fact you must learn to accept each others flaws because of the difference in background.
Most guys are actually scared of the money to be spent during the preparations. My advice is that with the understanding of the lady, they can approach their pastor for joining and blessing after paying bride price which is key then after a gathering of friends to eat whatever you offer(NOT A MUST). The challenges ahead in marriage is GREATER than the ceremony of wedding. So, prepare less for wedding and prepare more for Marriage.
All ladies need to present themselves approachable with humility not with pretense.
Serious guy that wants to get married should make it know to the lady withing 2months. Ladies advice your parents to shun heavy bride price and expensive ceremonies because the financial battle ahead in marriage is greater. Instead of spending millions in wedding ceremonies agree with your man buy you a car or a plot of land to start your family home. We must be wise and calculative in our dealings.
You cannot survive in marriage without God. Therefore, look for a church with good marriage counseling to guide you on the biblical principle governing marriage.
Finally, all we should look out for in our potential spouses is the FEAR OF GOD. With this you will know if you are on the right track to some extend.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't We Discuss Marriage On The First Date?? by charlito94(m): 11:51am On Aug 17, 2015
OK tanks
Re: Why Can't We Discuss Marriage On The First Date?? by charlito94(m): 11:54am On Aug 17, 2015
Most tyms is not ant d getting married is d finance. How do u cope wen u HV low finance if u pay house rent, pay school fee, how do u intend buying a car to meet up life kids to feed especially wen dey re girls ur hrt go dey fly every minute. Also ur long term n short term goals

Its not easy
Re: Why Can't We Discuss Marriage On The First Date?? by charlito94(m): 11:57am On Aug 17, 2015
Am not married though almost thru with my LL.B in months tym n am just 21 n ma dad is already talking abt me getting married in 3 to 4 yrs if not b4 2019 or 2019 itself its kinda difficult reasoning such
Re: Why Can't We Discuss Marriage On The First Date?? by zyzxx(m): 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
keep it up
Re: Why Can't We Discuss Marriage On The First Date?? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
Isn't that dumb? undecided

(1) (Reply)

He Proposed Via A Cutomised App – Biola And Tunde / Choosing A Life Partner / I Feel Like Braking Up With Her(advice Needed Please)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.