Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) (50119 Views)

Policemen & Peace Corps Members Clash In Abuja. Photos Of Victims / Two Killed In Bonny As Cult Groups Clash In Rivers State / One Stabbed As Nigerian Prostitutes Election Turns Bloody In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by dre11(m): 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2015
One person has been reportedly killed following a clash between members of Vikings and cults in a night club in Ogoja, Cross River State.

The fight was said to have started when a member of Vikings disagreed with a rival colleague who was wearing red socks.

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Henry Fadairo, confirmed the incident while parading the 10 suspected cultists and four kidnappers at the state police headquarters in Calabar.

Fadairo told Southern City News the suspected cultists were arrested in the premises of a club house known as ‘Memories Flavour’ in Ogoja on August 2, 2015.

The police commissioner also said the police acted on information that there was a serious civil unrest at Ogoja following the development at the night club.

He said, “On the strength of the information, the police swiftly moved to the scene to discover that it was a fracas between two rival cult groups, Vikings and .

“Investigation by police revealed that one Smart Umaru, a Vikings member, allegedly stabbed one Emmanuel Sunday a member of to death. In the course of the investigation, we arrested 10 suspected cultists.

Fadairo gave the names of some of the arrested cultists as Emmanuel Igwe, Perry Onuyi, Emmanuel Agbada, Agom Joseph and Mohammed Liman.

While noting that investigation was still ongoing, Fadairo said the arrested suspects would be charged to court as soon as the courts were opened.

Narrating the probable cause of the death of their colleague, whose name was given as Emmanuel Sunday, an arrested member of , Leo Agida (20), said he gathered from his fellow cultists that it was because the deceased was wearing red socks.

“They said it was because he (Sunday) was putting on red socks and a member of Vikings tried to force him to pull off the socks and in the process fight started,” he said.

A 17-year-old boy, who said he was of the Vikings cult group, Emmanuel Igwe (Ebonyi State), gave details of the encounter, saying it was true that his cult member stabbed Sunday to death during an encounter.

Igwe said, “I was just about entering the night club when I saw a Vikings colleague fighting. I didn’t go near them, I just watched from a distance. I saw that he stabbed the boy three times. I didn’t know what he used but I saw that the boy died. I later got to know that he (the deceased) was a boy known as Emmanuel Sunday.”

Asked what red socks meant to the Vikings cult, Igwe said his group was identified with the use of red socks, but added that it was likely that the cause of the fight might not just be as a result of the use of red socks alone.

“Other things may have caused it. Although we use red socks and we identify with it, but anybody can wear it. I do not think that was really the cause of the fight; there might have been other issues,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/city-news-feature/one-killed-as-cult-members-clash-over-red-socks/

Pictures:
Ist picture: some of the Vikings cult members
2nd picture: some of the members

1 Like

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by Blakjewelry(m): 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
Cultism is like a disease in our youths these days, and the funny thing is most of these so called leader are involved acting as backbone to their activities

11 Likes

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by dre11(m): 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
Lives doesn't mean anything to these cults groups.

A life you can't create but can be destroyed over flimsy excuses.

What has socks got to do with life
SMH

*this fight is BTW Vikings and Axe*

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by Blanc8(m): 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
That guy raising his hands up like he his in a classroom tryna answer a question

Now scroll back up..

7 Likes

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by dyadeleye(m): 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hmmm....
This world sha...
Deluded youths of my country.

1 Like

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by kendrick9(m): 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
Wasted lives.. Cultism doesn't pay

10 Likes

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by DuchessLily(f): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
Yeye children! Wasting ur lives for ur poor parents that are hussling to send u to school

4 Likes

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by parzdor(m): 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
A
Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by nikkiking(m): 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
Noted!

Nexxxxxxt.
Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by bigkesh(m): 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
Lolzzzzz........Rubbish.....

Someone just told me Kcee dresses up like Traffic lights

6 Likes

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by Sunnycliff(m): 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
And yet our little ones still join. May God help our Generation and Posterity

1 Like

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by siegfried99(m): 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
Chai undecided

angry angry
Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
Ok...the topic says "clash over red socks".. But the content says there isn't a certainty that the "red socks or any type of frat rivalry" caused the clash.

What do I believe now Who understands me

3 Likes

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by boboLIL(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
Shun cultism and the likes.... E no de pay..... Hard man no de pay..... If dangote, bill gate de do hard man,,, u no go hear abt dem.... Well,,, they will rot in prison for the main time

Youths of nowadays tho

3 Likes

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by timilehin007(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
Its wah
Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by Adenugay(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
Oga ooo

3 Part-time Writers Needed For A Tech Blog 12,000 Per Month
https://www.nairaland.com/2532134/3-part-time-writers-needed-tech
Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by free2ryhme: 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
you took a life you cannot give over a useless red socks

Devil is your father!!!

3 Likes

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by OAMMB(f): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
joblessness....
fighting over socks in 2015?

2 Likes

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by ifex370(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
frontpage things grin grin grin
Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by maxiuc(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
Cultism doesn't pay yet they wil nt listen I remember those days those who shuld to call me jew man then but now they wil almost bow down jst to greet me weneva I come home 4 xmas

4 Likes

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
Stupid people killing themself's over nothing

1 Like

Looking so hungry! Instead of making a living, they're wasting away, too bad...

1 Like

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by asumo12: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
Red socks undecided

Lizabeth25 my babe

cool

1 Like

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by cold(m): 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
Why is the name of the other cult group not appearing?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by OAMMB(f): 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
joblessness....
david mark's people....fighting over socks in 2015?
Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by eliwa47(m): 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
Honestly all this small small boys dey craze ooo, all in the name of cult, when all your mates they struggle to make their life meaningful to the society. shame!

1 Like

Re: One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
[size=22pt]cows[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Arrested In Ondo For Stabbing Ex-Boyfriend During Fight Over Her New Lover / Lamidi Oyiekehi Opozuehi's House Demolished In Kogi. PICS / Lady And Men Who Robbed A Woman In Lagos Caught & Beaten By Mob (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.