Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,965 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (776404 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by alexie4real(m): 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2015
Guyz pls am a newbie I WS trying to download d android 5.1 but its directing me to playstore
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by augster(m): 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2015
alexie4real:
Guyz pls am a newbie I WS trying to download d android 5.1 but its directing me to playstore
you're using your phone to download it...sso you need mega app from playstore to download the file
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by alexie4real(m): 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
Pls wud I download it from da mega app
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by oluwapoju(m): 7:53am On Nov 02, 2015
guys help me, my friend hot 2 is requesting for gmail account after doin some silly stuff on add/remove guest , now he doesnt even rember to gmail account he used.!!! how can i reset it?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Zitech(m): 8:38am On Nov 02, 2015
oluwapoju:
guys help me, my friend hot 2 is requesting for gmail account after doin some silly stuff on add/remove guest , now he doesnt even rember to gmail account he used.!!! how can i reset it?
Open a new gmail Account na
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by oluwapoju(m): 8:48am On Nov 02, 2015
Zitech:

Open a new gmail Account na
okk
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Limerick: 12:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
kelvindim:
How exactly did you install xposed framework on your iHot 2? Googled it, definitely not on play store, and I saw this http://forum.xda-developers.com/hot-2/general/xposed-framework-successfully-installed-t3224432 It's too tasky, so where did you get yours from?
Use this method to install xposed

1.first download xposedhot2.rar (recovery record for rar included) Link here ===>
2.power off your phone
3.remove external memory card
4.reflash either andriod one or xui stock rom
(for best
results reflash andriod one why its has no recovery and less customization)
You u don't know how to flash the ROM, simply do a factory reset
5.after reflashing or factory reseting the rom of your choice power on device (dont insert memory card external one)
6.extract xposedHOT2 on your computer
7.look for mrw folder
8.copy mrw folder into internal memory of hot 2(do not place mrw
folder into another folder in internal memory JUST COPY AND PASTE
IT IN JUST LIKE THAT IN INTERNAL MEMORY)
9.copy flashfire and xposedinstaller apk to internal memory also
10.copy xposed-v74-sdk22-arm-by-romracer-20150911 to internal memory also
copy kingroot apk too into phone internal memory
11.open playstore download andriod terminal (download the one by Jack Palevich)
12.if you decided to reflash the andriod one rom download a file manager from playstore
file commander or es explorer i used es explorer
13.if you are using xui rom no need to download another file manager it comes with one
14.now root either rom whether xui or andriod one the one you decided to reflash root it
with kingroot 4.5 or lastest ( i used latest 4.5.2 included in xposedHOT2 file REMEMBER KINGROOT APK SHOULD BE COPIED ON PHONE INTERNAL MEMORY JUST LIKE STEP 10 SAYS)
15. after rooting, install and run terminal emulator u downloaded from playstore
16. in terminal type su and hit enter on your andriod keyboard
17. kingroot will ask for root permission GRANT IT
18. now type sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh YES TYPE JUST LIKE THIS--> sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh
TAKE NOTICE OF THE SPACE BETWEEN sh and /sdcard THERE SHOULD BE A SPACE SO PRESS SPACE
ON YOUR ANRIOD KEYBOARD ONCE and hit enter
19. you will see a chairfire welcome message and it will start installing
20. after installing SuperSU will launch automatically IF IT DOESNT RUN, RUN IT MANUALLY
21. when SuperSU opens it will ask to update the SU binary choose yes YOU NEED INTERNET
FOR THAT after SU binary update reboot your phone
22. if SuperSU doesnt ask to allow it to update SUbinary no problem and reboot phone
23. after reboot install flashfire app (contained in the extracted xposed file)
24. Open it and grant it root permission
25. Then touch the + sign below and select flash zip.
26. Now make sure flashfire has automatically selected internal memory IF
NOT BROWSE AND CHOOSE INTERNAL MEMORY
27. Navigate still you see xposed-v74-sdk22-arm-by-romracer-20150911.zip and select it
28. After selecting it TOUCH THE + SIGN AGAIN choose wipe,select ONLY! dalvik cache and cache partition... Make sure u only mark dalvik cache and cache partition so you don't come back belly aching...
29. Now tap Flash button to flash
30. Phone screen will turn black
31. Wait for about 1-3mins PLEASE WAIT BE PATIENT IT WILL LOOK SCARY BUT WAIT
32. After waiting a maximum of 3mins and still see nothing just press the power button once
32. You will now a see a list of commands being rapidly installed with a big LOADING WRITTEN IN WHITE ON THE SCREEN
33. After that screen will go black again wait another 1-3mins
34. After waiting a maximum of 3mins and still see nothing just press the power button once
35. You will now see flash fire app loaded check the buttom you will use installing xposed after installing then wiping after wiping it will reboot automatically
36. DURING rebooting PLEASE UNDERSTAND HERE CAREFULLY
during rebooting your device will display andriod is upgrading say App 1 of 87 or App 1 of 100 depends
then it will get to say App 20 of 87 and then reboot again
after rebooting you will see it again say App 21 of 67
it will go on (rebooting and upgrading) till you see say App 1 of 1 or App 10 of 10 or App 11 of 11 <---- just examples number depends on your phone and OS
then it MIGHT REBOOT AGAIN and start the process all over again AS IN FROM say App 20 of 87
all the way down AND MIGHT EVEN REPEAT ITSELF FOR THE THIRD TIME
during this process JUST BE PATEINT this looping process occurs mostly on xui roms
andriod one roms the cycle is twice or once (mine was twice am using andriod one)
37. after its done you will now see starting apps so just sit tight and wait
38. When device is loaded now goto your internal memory and install the xposed apk file INSTALL THE XPOSED APK FILE AND NOT THE ZIP!!!!
39. After installation check the status of xposed above if it was sucessfully installed it will show that xposed is active meaning it worked
40. Install xposed modules of your choice and enjoy
41. WORKING MODULES TESTED BY ME SO FAR
GRAVITY BOX LP
FLAT STYLE STATUS ICONS
LUCKY PATCHER XPOSED MODULE
GREENIFY
LOLLISP
APM
42. After installing modules power off device and insert external memory card if you have one smiley
43. Enjoy

Xposed Tutorial, don't be fooled by the length of the write up, the practical process isn't as lengthy as the write up makes it seem.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by valzey(m): 12:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
Limerick:

Use this method to install xposed

1.first download xposedhot2.rar (recovery record for rar included) Link here ===>
2.power off your phone
3.remove external memory card
4.reflash either andriod one or xui stock rom
(for best
results reflash andriod one why its has no recovery and less customization)
You u don't know how to flash the ROM, simply do a factory reset
5.after reflashing or factory reseting the rom of your choice power on device (dont insert memory card external one)
6.extract xposedHOT2 on your computer
7.look for mrw folder
8.copy mrw folder into internal memory of hot 2(do not place mrw
folder into another folder in internal memory JUST COPY AND PASTE
IT IN JUST LIKE THAT IN INTERNAL MEMORY)
9.copy flashfire and xposedinstaller apk to internal memory also
10.copy xposed-v74-sdk22-arm-by-romracer-20150911 to internal memory also
copy kingroot apk too into phone internal memory
11.open playstore download andriod terminal (download the one by Jack Palevich)
12.if you decided to reflash the andriod one rom download a file manager from playstore
file commander or es explorer i used es explorer
13.if you are using xui rom no need to download another file manager it comes with one
14.now root either rom whether xui or andriod one the one you decided to reflash root it
with kingroot 4.5 or lastest ( i used latest 4.5.2 included in xposedHOT2 file REMEMBER KINGROOT APK SHOULD BE COPIED ON PHONE INTERNAL MEMORY JUST LIKE STEP 10 SAYS)
15. after rooting, install and run terminal emulator u downloaded from playstore
16. in terminal type su and hit enter on your andriod keyboard
17. kingroot will ask for root permission GRANT IT
18. now type sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh YES TYPE JUST LIKE THIS--> sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh
TAKE NOTICE OF THE SPACE BETWEEN sh and /sdcard THERE SHOULD BE A SPACE SO PRESS SPACE
ON YOUR ANRIOD KEYBOARD ONCE and hit enter
19. you will see a chairfire welcome message and it will start installing
20. after installing SuperSU will launch automatically IF IT DOESNT RUN, RUN IT MANUALLY
21. when SuperSU opens it will ask to update the SU binary choose yes YOU NEED INTERNET
FOR THAT after SU binary update reboot your phone
22. if SuperSU doesnt ask to allow it to update SUbinary no problem and reboot phone
23. after reboot install flashfire app (contained in the extracted xposed file)
24. Open it and grant it root permission
25. Then touch the + sign below and select flash zip.
26. Now make sure flashfire has automatically selected internal memory IF
NOT BROWSE AND CHOOSE INTERNAL MEMORY
27. Navigate still you see xposed-v74-sdk22-arm-by-romracer-20150911.zip and select it
28. After selecting it TOUCH THE + SIGN AGAIN choose wipe,select ONLY! dalvik cache and cache partition... Make sure u only mark dalvik cache and cache partition so you don't come back belly aching...
29. Now tap Flash button to flash
30. Phone screen will turn black
31. Wait for about 1-3mins PLEASE WAIT BE PATIENT IT WILL LOOK SCARY BUT WAIT
32. After waiting a maximum of 3mins and still see nothing just press the power button once
32. You will now a see a list of commands being rapidly installed with a big LOADING WRITTEN IN WHITE ON THE SCREEN
33. After that screen will go black again wait another 1-3mins
34. After waiting a maximum of 3mins and still see nothing just press the power button once
35. You will now see flash fire app loaded check the buttom you will use installing xposed after installing then wiping after wiping it will reboot automatically
36. DURING rebooting PLEASE UNDERSTAND HERE CAREFULLY
during rebooting your device will display andriod is upgrading say App 1 of 87 or App 1 of 100 depends
then it will get to say App 20 of 87 and then reboot again
after rebooting you will see it again say App 21 of 67
it will go on (rebooting and upgrading) till you see say App 1 of 1 or App 10 of 10 or App 11 of 11 <---- just examples number depends on your phone and OS
then it MIGHT REBOOT AGAIN and start the process all over again AS IN FROM say App 20 of 87
all the way down AND MIGHT EVEN REPEAT ITSELF FOR THE THIRD TIME
during this process JUST BE PATEINT this looping process occurs mostly on xui roms
andriod one roms the cycle is twice or once (mine was twice am using andriod one)
37. after its done you will now see starting apps so just sit tight and wait
38. When device is loaded now goto your internal memory and install the xposed apk file INSTALL THE XPOSED APK FILE AND NOT THE ZIP!!!!
39. After installation check the status of xposed above if it was sucessfully installed it will show that xposed is active meaning it worked
40. Install xposed modules of your choice and enjoy
41. WORKING MODULES TESTED BY ME SO FAR
GRAVITY BOX LP
FLAT STYLE STATUS ICONS
LUCKY PATCHER XPOSED MODULE
GREENIFY
LOLLISP
APM
42. After installing modules power off device and insert external memory card if you have one smiley
43. Enjoy

Xposed Tutorial, don't be fooled by the length of the write up, the practical process isn't as lengthy as the write up makes it seem.
there are easier ways, I gave that method when custom recovery was not available. Use the method in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/hot-2/general/xposed-framework-successfully-installed-t3224432
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by pimp4bitches: 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
Zitech:

Its not out for hot 2 yet. Relax even some higher phones haven't gotten theirs
okay... Cos they were like d update will be automatically from Google...
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Zitech(m): 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
pimp4bitches:
okay... Cos they were like d update will be automatically from Google...
Yes it would be..
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Sezua(m): 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
Noticed you can also turn d fone display to complete black and white all through, via settings>developer option> simulate secondary display....I think dis feature is cool
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Hayordejee: 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
valzey:

there are easier ways, I gave that method when custom recovery was not available. Use the method in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/hot-2/general/xposed-framework-successfully-installed-t3224432

dese steps are tool long....i was tryn to post my method earlia...lemme brief it

download dat xposedhot.rar and extract
download flashify from playstore and use it to flash TWRP which is in d extracted file
wen in TWRP mode, flash xposed.zip
restart ur fone and install xposed.apk....thats all

xposed.zip and xposed.apk are in d xposedHOT.rar
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by kelvindim(m): 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hayordejee:

I hope u wld understand if I explain

I also followed xda thread b4 I was able to install expose n to be sincere, twasnt easy.. I entered bootlop error twice and flashed mah fne twice b4 I got it but if u folo me wella, u shld get it cos m techn u hw to do it without PC

Are you on Android stock 5.1.1 or infinix 5.1...I bliv it should be Androidone so let's proceed

Doenload TWRP for Androidone here http://forum.xda-developers.com/hot-2/development/twrp-2-8-7-0-infinix-hot-2-x510-t3224383 and if u r on infinix 5.1...u will see urs dere

Download Xposed Package from here http://uptobox.com/ywqiolbihw54

Download Flashify from playstore... Once u dload dis apps, pls lemme knw n we proceed.

It's vri simple n safe.

Note... If u wanna dload dat TWRP wit ur fone, u must dload MEGA from playstore.. . And if it's pc, nvm
First I would start by thanking you for your response but then again am finding it really difficult to register on the Mega app, like it takes forever to load or something. While problem two is, I can't access the uptobox URL. It says this site is not available in your country. Literally the only thing I could download was flashify. Please help.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Hayordejee: 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
kelvindim:
First I would start by thanking you for your response but then again am finding it really difficult to register on the Mega app, like it takes forever to load or something. While problem two is, I can't access the uptobox URL. It says this site is not available in your country. Literally the only thing I could download was flashify. Please help.

hmmmm....as for mega app....maybe u shld look for a stronger connection or u use a pc then u click download through browser.

as for d uptobox link... I suggest u use chrome cos i guess u usn ucbrowser
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by kelvindim(m): 7:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hayordejee:

hmmmm....as for mega app....maybe u shld look for a stronger connection or u use a pc then u click download through browser.

as for d uptobox link... I suggest u use chrome cos i guess u usn ucbrowser
It was Google chrome I used for the uptobox link. I wonder why I couldn't register on the Mega app, it's not as if my network is poor, it just keeps loading thus; “calculating encryption keys connecting to the server: creating account”
Please add me up on WhatsApp, my number: 08140221110
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Hayordejee: 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2015
kelvindim:
It was Google chrome I used for the uptobox link. I wonder why I couldn't register on the Mega app, it's not as if my network is poor, it just keeps loading thus; “calculating encryption keys connecting to the server: creating account”
Please add me up on WhatsApp, my number: 08140221110

wah network r u usn to browse?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by UCprince: 9:44pm On Nov 02, 2015
Iamshegxycul:
UCprince:
guys i need help, i copied asphalt 8 apk and data from a
friend pc to my infinix hot 2 and after installing and i open
the game. it kept telling me somtine about licence
afterwards i try again but this time it was writting network
erro or network unavailable.i can't even see my zip file
anymore pls help. Copy the obb file den unistall the asphalt. After unistallin copy the obb back to d folder and try downloadin d asphalt 8 from playstore (it would only download d apk)
THANKS
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by UCprince: 9:44pm On Nov 02, 2015
Iamshegxycul:
UCprince:
guys i need help, i copied asphalt 8 apk and data from a
friend pc to my infinix hot 2 and after installing and i open
the game. it kept telling me somtine about licence
afterwards i try again but this time it was writting network
erro or network unavailable.i can't even see my zip file
anymore pls help. Copy the obb file den unistall the asphalt. After unistallin copy the obb back to d folder and try downloadin d asphalt 8 from playstore (it would only download d apk)
THANKS
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by damosky12(m): 10:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
dtkages:
Am enjoying FIFA 16 mobile without lags only voice cracks..
How did you do it? Are you rooted?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by enoch273: 10:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
How to browse free and unlimited with tweakware , click the link below
http://www.enochtek.com/2015/10/how-to-browse-free-and-unlimited-with.html?m=1
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by kennykendo(m): 12:40am On Nov 03, 2015
kennykendo:

Hy wats d camera feature like can u pls tk a pix with it and upload and d TF card update from infinixmobility.com...... does it enable OTG feature...... As well av been seeing some users complain abt the H+ being absent... One more thing wat are the pros and cons of that update thnx
Hy still waiting
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by allenadeola(m): 1:24am On Nov 03, 2015
The Infinix Hot 2 is cool but apart from the fact that it comes with Android 5.0 lollipop, I still believe the infinix Hot Note X551 rocks better. Infinix Hot Note has a long lasting battery with turbo charging and a 5.5 inch display screen. You can see the full specs of Infinix Hot Note X551 below :

http://www.inforisticblog.com/2015/05/full-specs-and-price-of-infinix-hot.html
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by casig: 6:50am On Nov 03, 2015
negga4al:

If you are using an SD Card update, be sure to download the TF Card Version from the Infinix site not the Laptop/PC Version

Thanks for your response. What I actually want is ANDROID ONE not Android 5.1. They don't seem to have that for TF card version on their website. Or are 5.1 and Android One the same?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by kelvindim(m): 7:28am On Nov 03, 2015
Hayordejee:

wah network r u usn to browse?
Bro, it wasn't a success oh... I missed a step, forgot to clear cache while flashing the .zip file, now it just wouldn't reboot completely. What it does is reboot, optimizing apps, stays like that for like 10 to 15 mins and then reboot some more, repeatedly....it takes forever mehn! . Now I want to flash custom rom on infinixmobility site, how to? *modified* Not to worry, I have done it already.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 7:39am On Nov 03, 2015
casig:

Thanks for your response. What I actually want is ANDROID ONE not Android 5.1. They don't seem to have that for TF card version on their website. Or are 5.1 and Android One the same?

No sir, not available except for PC. You'll have to flash that through the Infinix tool provided.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 03, 2015
Pls my fone keep saying, sd card disabled, can't use xender, view pictures or some app on my fone, what really happened??
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by valzey(m): 8:38am On Nov 03, 2015
allenadeola:
The Infinix Hot 2 is cool but apart from the fact that it comes with Android 5.0 lollipop, I still believe the infinix Hot Note X551 rocks better. Infinix Hot Note has a long lasting battery with turbo charging and a 5.5 inch display screen. You can see the full specs of Infinix Hot Note X551 below :

http://www.inforisticblog.com/2015/05/full-specs-and-price-of-infinix-hot.html
of course, we're in this either because of the 2 years updates promised or for the cheap price. I ditched my hot note for this.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by calmdude(m): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2015
Simple server and psiphon has stopped working on my phone please help
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by valzey(m): 9:20am On Nov 03, 2015
our marshmallow update was supposed to arrive last week but the couriers encountered some jonin ninjas. it was a tough fight and only Thor survived but the package was stolen by Jack Bauer and Scooby doo. He intends to use it to destroy the world. The CIA,MOSSAD,MI6,Section 20,ISIS and book haram have joined forces in an attempt to retrieve it with their leader being Gaddafi (yeah,he's back). Maurinho betrayed them and they all died,even optimus prime didn't survive. our last hope is turtle ninjas lead by barbie. if they succeed, we'll receive marshmallow before we die,if not, we'll be slaves to rats all our lives.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by kelvindim(m): 10:03am On Nov 03, 2015
Harkinlaby95:
Pls my fone keep saying, sd card disabled, can't use xender, view pictures or some app on my fone, what really happened??
The problem is because you used guest mode. what to do? Go to settings on your user, enter guest mode, those three small dots at the upper right corner click on it and then delete guest mode after which reboot your phone and voila! Thank me later.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by oketoyinboshola(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2015
Pls friends have been having issue on my hot 2, whenever I want to charge my phone, instead to be charging, always discharging. Has anyone experience the same? and is there any solution to it? Thanks
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by JasonWattz(m): 2:47pm On Nov 03, 2015
Hey guys, sorry i'm actually drifting back here... do i get to use different ringtones for different contacts on the android on rom? and can i use differnt tones also for different sims? Thanks in advance guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.