Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,553 members, 7,843,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (778813 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by whiz10(m): 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
lutheran:
Pls, the new update is not push to my phone, pls why is everyone seeing the update while my phone didn't, pls help, am beginning to think that my phone is faulty
i wish my phone did that. if wishes were horses.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Zitech(m): 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
Toluene15:

Infinix XUI ROM is THE BEST. Far better than androidone you're using. www.infinixmobility.com/xui/ you don't know what you're missing.
File manger
OTG enabled(using your device as a host)
Font changer(changing device front without rooting device)
Battery efficient
Hot knot
New UI(XUI)
Change in Navigation position
Gallery
Sound recorded
voice recorded
App permission management
e.t.c.

this is what i later port into o... its super cool i tell you and can change font without having to root your phone...
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by whiz10(m): 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
SanMinato:

I'm positive you can get your files back with this method. As long as you didn't factory reset your phone and the memory is reading that you still have data in it but you just can't access it. Yeah I'm positive. And yeah 64gb can work. I use 32 though. I don't want to push things.
thanks
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dhabeautyjas(f): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
SanMinato:

I'm positive you can get your files back with this method. As long as you didn't factory reset your phone and the memory is reading that you still have data in it but you just can't access it. Yeah I'm positive. And yeah 64gb can work. I use 32 though. I don't want to push things.

Please how do i clear the space without resetting. My files are backed up but i need the space to be freed and i dont want my imei to go back as i dont want to root
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Zitech(m): 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
dhabeautyjas:

Please how do i clear the space without resetting. My files are backed up but i need the space to be freed and i dont want my imei to go back as i dont want to root
you cant cause the only way to format your phone memory is only through factory reset which will remove your IMEI...
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by oluwaemmanuel: 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
Zitech:

this is what i later port into o... its super cool i tell you and can change font without having to root your phone...
how do i get dis pls n where?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by blackiridis(m): 11:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
olahpet777:
They should really do something about it and it should be very soon. . do u knw how painful it is , most especially when all the games on your phone can't play again cos of obb... Oh my modern combat progress !!; cry
move the obb file from ur sd card to obb in ur internal memory and continue ur game smiley
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Kingsean(m): 11:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
pls everyone am having an issue with my phone o. some days ago i saw the marshmallow OTA update and now just today, the update has disappeared and my phone is telling me its up to date.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SanMinato: 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
Toluene15:

Infinix XUI ROM is THE BEST. Far better than androidone you're using. www.infinixmobility.com/xui/ you don't know what you're missing.
File manger
OTG enabled(using your device as a host)
Font changer(changing device front without rooting device)
Battery efficient
Hot knot
New UI(XUI)
Change in Navigation position
Gallery
Sound recorded
voice recorded
App permission management
e.t.c.

Lol this is funny. Most of the stuff you mentioned there are stuff you can just go on playstore and download. I mean. Gallery, file manager, sound recorder? Are you serious? And what's the difference between sound recorder and voice recorder? App permission management? Seriously? That's fully supported in the Android one rom. Efficient battery management? This is really funny. You really can't compare the Original Android One rom to that thing infinix released. The Original lollipop rom is fluid, it's sleek, it's beautiful, has this feel of quality about it. The infinix XUI just makes it feel like one of those other China phones. With the bold 3G icons covering the status bar. The navigation panel is ugly too. It's a real mystery how some of you love that rom. I don't understand it. I flashed it to my phone and it didn't even stay 30mins and I ported back to the Android One rom. You say font changer, who needs font changer? I really think all those unnecessary tweaks are childish and are for amateurs. Besides if you really want to change your font then root your phone by installing trwp and flashing the su zip file. It's pretty simple. But I ain't gonna root my phone. I don't have much reasons to anymore. Besides I need the Ota updates.

But hey one man's food is another's poison. Variety is the spice of life. Yet I still can't get how anybody will prefer that XUI ROM to the original android one rom. Hell, you can't even update the xui rom. It's such a waste of time.

4 Likes

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Thelma2507: 11:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
Please I think I am interested in xui android since it has sound recording pls can some one assist me on how to download it??

Also, am I going to get my files back when I port to dis xui android.??

Someone pls help
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SanMinato: 11:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
Thelma2507:
Please I think I am interested in xui android since it has sound recording pls can some one assist me on how to download it??

Also, am I going to get my files back when I port to dis xui android.??

Someone pls help

Are you kidding me? Every android phone has sound recording. Even Nokia java phones have sound recording. You want to go for a rom because it has sound recording? This thread is funny. But well if you want the rom just go to infinix site and download it. And no, you won't get your files back if you port to this rom. Or any other rom for that matter.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Zitech(m): 12:32am On Jan 27, 2016
oluwaemmanuel:

how do i get dis pls n where?
infinix.com/support and choose 5.1 lollipop instead of android one and then download it
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Oxytocin(m): 1:53am On Jan 27, 2016
Lolz.....This thread is getting more interesting.
I Have not still found a good reason to complain about marshmallow.
Mine Is working perfectly well. You guyz are not, or didn't play your cards right. I also think the manual update is better than the normal OTA update.

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by unanonso(m): 3:39am On Jan 27, 2016
Pls, house I need help! The Marshmallow update I received just disappeared. It was downloading and I ran out of data two days later I was about to restart the download but lo and behold the update had just disappeared! Pls, what do I do?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by isaacasher(m): 7:31am On Jan 27, 2016
am having a problem ooo with my phone o. some days ago i saw the marshmallow OTA update and now just today i want to download it , the update has disappeared and my phone is telling me its up to date. help please and I tried the manual method but can't Boot to recovery mode all method flopped even using android one tool kit help ooooo no OTA No manual I need real help
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by isaacasher(m): 7:32am On Jan 27, 2016
Zitech:

infinix.com/support and choose 5.1 lollipop instead of android one and then download it

am having a problem ooo with my phone o. some days ago i saw the marshmallow OTA update and now just today i want to download it , the update has disappeared and my phone is telling me its up to date. help please and I tried the manual method but can't Boot to recovery mode all method flopped even using android one tool kit help ooooo no OTA No manual I need real help
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by isaacasher(m): 7:33am On Jan 27, 2016
timilehing:
Most Infinix hot 2 users rushed to upgrade to Marshmallow without knowing which steps to take before & after updating. I waited till I got the update notification last Saturday & I've already prepared for it.

**None of my files went missing
**No App got deleted as a result of the update
**Not even my browsing history got tampered with, everything was intact
**I've been discovering the advantages of the upgrade day by day without any regrets. Goto Wikipedia or Android official website and read all about Marshmallow. Enough of all these complains due to self negligence
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by timilehing(m): 7:59am On Jan 27, 2016
isaacasher:

You'll have to wait to receive it again. This also happens to Google Nexus users. In fact, most of the complains here are same with what Nexus users experienced while upgrading to Marshmallow
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Thelma2507: 8:32am On Jan 27, 2016
Hi guys

Please I just noticed also on this terrible mm update that I can no longer save phone numbers on sim...its jus syncing to my google acc. I don't understand

please can someone try saving number on D sim or even phone memory and guide me ps.

Thnk u
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ibietela2(m): 8:35am On Jan 27, 2016
MY LAPTOP IS NOT SEEING MY PHONE
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by UCprince: 8:36am On Jan 27, 2016
SanMinato:

If you are experiencing a situation where calls coming in or going out of your phone do not display names even though you have the contacts in your phone or sim or Gmail account then the solution is simply to go and remove the Google accounts on your phone. Go to settings-accounts-google. It will give you a warning but accept it, it's not a dangerous process. After a couple of minutes, log the accounts back in. After some minutes check your call log, you'll discover that the names of contacts are displaying now, and they'll display when you make out or receive calls.

Now note that this doesn't solve the problem of your internal memory being inaccessible. The best advice is not to have data in your internal memory before the MM update, in other words, you should have your data in an SD card. But if you're experiencing this problem, I might have a solution for you. Get an SD card and insert in your phone. Go to storage and try and format the card. It will bring up two options. To format as a portable sd card or as internal memory. Choose format as internal memory, it will pop up some warning, accept them. Then after the process, it will ask you if to migrate the data in your internal memory to your new SD card internal memory, accept. After that you'll notice that all your data are now in the SD card you inserted.

If you don't get asked to migrate then you can manually go to storage internal memory-options and then migrate. Your data will still get migrated to your SD card.

This internal memory issue with MM is not actually a bug. It's one of the new features of MM. It just happens that a lot of us don't understand the purpose and it doesn't sit well with us. Most of the issues we experience with MM are very resolvable issues if you can take time and search through the Web.

The only issue I'm experiencing with this latest February patch of MM is that it has seriously affected my battery life. Like my battery life has been drastically affected. My phone hardly lasts two hours now with normal usage. I suspect it's a bug and I hope the next update will fix that. I've already sent them a mail though.
guy pls help me. i move all my fils from my internel memory to my SD card befor updateing to mm 6.0 but i notic that there are some hilden fils in my internel memory and it has occupier up to 7gb of my internel memory. should i reset the phone as i have updated it or i shoud live it.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 9:13am On Jan 27, 2016
ibietela2:
My USB no longer works, i mean when i plug it into my laptop it won't see the storage
when u plug it in drag down your notification panel and select copy files to/from pc and turn on usb storage on the next screen.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 9:20am On Jan 27, 2016
SanMinato:

Lol this is funny. Most of the stuff you mentioned there are stuff you can just go on playstore and download. I mean. Gallery, file manager, sound recorder? Are you serious? And what's the difference between sound recorder and voice recorder? App permission management? Seriously? That's fully supported in the Android one rom. Efficient battery management? This is really funny. You really can't compare the Original Android One rom to that thing infinix released. The Original lollipop rom is fluid, it's sleek, it's beautiful, has this feel of quality about it. The infinix XUI just makes it feel like one of those other China phones. With the bold 3G icons covering the status bar. The navigation panel is ugly too. It's a real mystery how some of you love that rom. I don't understand it. I flashed it to my phone and it didn't even stay 30mins and I ported back to the Android One rom. You say font changer, who needs font changer? I really think all those unnecessary tweaks are childish and are for amateurs. Besides if you really want to change your font then root your phone by installing trwp and flashing the su zip file. It's pretty simple. But I ain't gonna root my phone. I don't have much reasons to anymore. Besides I need the Ota updates.

But hey one man's food is another's poison. Variety is the spice of life. Yet I still can't get how anybody will prefer that XUI ROM to the original android one rom. Hell, you can't even update the xui rom. It's such a waste of time.
android stock rom is always the best especially android one rom.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 9:24am On Jan 27, 2016
Oxytocin:
Lolz.....This thread is getting more interesting.
I Have not still found a good reason to complain about marshmallow.
Mine Is working perfectly well. You guyz are not, or didn't play your cards right. I also think the manual update is better than the normal OTA update.
no no no, ota update is better. am going to flash stock lollipop back and update it till i get mm ota update
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ibietela2(m): 9:44am On Jan 27, 2016
Collinz2:
when u plug it in drag down your notification panel and select copy files to/from pc and turn on usb storage on the next screen.

there is no indication that i have plugin it to a system
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 10:11am On Jan 27, 2016
ibietela2:

try changing the usb cord.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Oxytocin(m): 10:18am On Jan 27, 2016
ibietela2:

This mm can be sometimes, annoying This also happened to mine,my normal USB cord hardly connects with a laptop, the probability of it connecting is 1/10, but I got the normal USB cord;the short one. Maybe you should also get one, it connects as soon as you plug it in. In general just get a short USB cord.. that's all.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Zitech(m): 10:20am On Jan 27, 2016
isaacasher:

go to settings - apps - google play services and then clear data, restart your phone and then go to System Update

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ameynuJR(m): 10:27am On Jan 27, 2016
Bro pls tell am. why on earth one would like xui ROM ? OS that looks like those chinko China phones

Android one all the way. we not going back to Egypt. I was one of those who were haste to get mm but atlast I regret getting but that is not a reason to port xui thou I've never use it.

you talk about
You really can't compare the Original Android One rom to that thing infinix released. The Original lollipop rom is fluid, it's sleek, it's beautiful, has this feel of quality about it..
can you provide a link to download it ?

SanMinato:

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by enoch273: 11:13am On Jan 27, 2016
For those having problems with their android 6.0 marshmallows and would like to downgrade, click the link below
http://www.enochtek.com/2016/01/downgrade-infinix-hot-2-x510-to-51-or.html
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by HooxJnr(m): 11:19am On Jan 27, 2016
enoch273:
For those having problems with their android 6.0 marshmallows and would like to downgrade, click the link below
http://www.enochtek.com/2016/01/downgrade-infinix-hot-2-x510-to-51-or.html

I have read through your tutorial, is there any disadvantage or effect of this method?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by UCprince: 11:53am On Jan 27, 2016
Zitech:

you cant cause the only way to format your phone memory is only through factory reset which will remove your IMEI...
if i reset my phone will it affect my update as in will the mm update be remove from my phone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.